Ragial weird prices - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Ragial weird prices

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#26 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 January 2017 - 04:32 PM

Ragial drama? where?

#27 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 27 January 2017 - 04:40 PM

Hey cleofe is at it again :v

#28 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 January 2017 - 04:42 PM

No bro, we are talking about if someone is vending BMX3 for 10m for example but then he had full zeny, basically that guy is playing market so when someone undercut him he will buy those bmx3. This is the topic. Not adding XXX to price. He was saying this is scam. 

Which is not. Totally market control and not a scam.

It's false advertising.

#29 VModAvocado

VModAvocado

I made it Off Topic

• VMod Retired
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 04:48 PM

OP's question has already been answered. Please keep discussion civil. Take arguments to private messages if you feel you have something personal to say. Further personal attacks will not be tolerated.

#30 Cleofe

Cleofe

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:04 PM

It's false advertising.

Why do you say it is false? Can someone really set a price for BMX3 as an example? 

I don't do this but I know some did because I'm also trying buy some cheap stuff like the slotted BDM but the guy has full zeny and was not responding to pm's, I'm not trying to defend them, but what if they just got full of zeny and was AFK?

As for myself, I advertise my stuff with clear intentions. Some people here just always want to say something to stop people from doing things that is not even wrong.

It just show how salty people can be. 

#31 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:25 PM

Why do you say it is false? Can someone really set a price for BMX3 as an example? 

I don't do this but I know some did because I'm also trying buy some cheap stuff like the slotted BDM but the guy has full zeny and was not responding to pm's, I'm not trying to defend them, but what if they just got full of zeny and was AFK?

As for myself, I advertise my stuff with clear intentions. Some people here just always want to say something to stop people from doing things that is not even wrong.

It just show how salty people can be. 

I get why you do it, there aren't many alternatives for selling items worth more than 1b, but at the very least you can vend them at 1b so that in the chances that a poor shlub looks at ragial and decides to vend something that they at least do it at a price that would not make them cry in hindsight.

And people opening a buy shop with intent to buy out the lowballers are scamming via false advertising. When opening a buy shop, it is the responsibility of that shop keeper to manage their zeny and weight limit before opening the shop to provide an honest service.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 27 January 2017 - 05:26 PM.

#32 Cleofe

Cleofe

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:52 PM

I get why you do it, there aren't many alternatives for selling items worth more than 1b, but at the very least you can vend them at 1b so that in the chances that a poor shlub looks at ragial and decides to vend something that they at least do it at a price that would not make them cry in hindsight.

And people opening a buy shop with intent to buy out the lowballers are scamming via false advertising. When opening a buy shop, it is the responsibility of that shop keeper to manage their zeny and weight limit before opening the shop to provide an honest service.

I got what you mean, but many people pm me and understand it, in fact they bought some if my items, the only people I know crying are those people who can't handle being salty like way months ago, at all the post I am doing they are there hating. But hmmm maybe I would consider what you are trying to say vending it at 1B, but in all cases I wasn't affecting any item price to fall in ragial since the item I advertise doesn't much have history on it. And to anyone who wants to vend similar items would know how much it is valued so I don't think they would cry that the item was vended for 1 zeny.

And to the second one, yes we are responsible for what we vend, but hey who does stay in the computer the whole day during work hours, I myself sometimes won't touch it until 3 days later because I'm busy with work. You can't really blame it to vendors like that but rather be careful undercutting, it is your item therefore it is your responsibility how you sell it, if you undercut to sell fast then it is your choice to do so, as for myself I see people selling some stuff too cheap like +9 items, so when I see it like that I choose not to vend my stuff and wait a bit. I believe many also do that. can't just simply blame it on others if it didn't go your way. Just saying.

#33 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:57 PM

I got what you mean, but many people pm me and understand it, in fact they bought some if my items, the only people I know crying are those people who can't handle being salty like way months ago, at all the post I am doing they are there hating. But hmmm maybe I would consider what you are trying to say vending it at 1B, but in all cases I wasn't affecting any item price to fall in ragial since the item I advertise doesn't much have history on it. And to anyone who wants to vend similar items would know how much it is valued so I don't think they would cry that the item was vended for 1 zeny.

And to the second one, yes we are responsible for what we vend, but hey who does stay in the computer the whole day during work hours, I myself sometimes won't touch it until 3 days later because I'm busy with work. You can't really blame it to vendors like that but rather be careful undercutting, it is your item therefore it is your responsibility how you sell it, if you undercut to sell fast then it is your choice to do so, as for myself I see people selling some stuff too cheap like +9 items, so when I see it like that I choose not to vend my stuff and wait a bit. I believe many also do that. can't just simply blame it on others if it didn't go your way. Just saying.

But the second part isn't about the undercutting, it's about a person who would purposely put up a miss-managed buy shop in order to directly influence the market for their personal gain.

Undercutting is one thing, but false advertising is definitely another.

#34 Cleofe

Cleofe

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:02 PM

But the second part isn't about the undercutting, it's about a person who would purposely put up a miss-managed buy shop in order to directly influence the market for their personal gain.

Undercutting is one thing, but false advertising is definitely another.

Yes I understand, but tell me how can you control it? Does anyone have a solution for it?

Theres really nothing there, the vendor can just say oops sorry was AFK was busy didn't notice I have full zeny.

This is just like the same case as people KSing in TI.

#35 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:07 PM

Yes I understand, but tell me how can you control it? Does anyone have a solution for it?

Theres really nothing there, the vendor can just say oops sorry was AFK was busy didn't notice I have full zeny.

This is just like the same case as people KSing in TI.

Report them. Like KSing in TI, yes there is an allowance for "mistakes" but eventually patterns continue and they get a temp ban. Based on a certain players record with getting slammed for no reason, clearly if enough people report it then they take an interest in that player for their "mistakes".

#36 Cleofe

Cleofe

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:17 PM

Report them. Like KSing in TI, yes there is an allowance for "mistakes" but eventually patterns continue and they get a temp ban. Based on a certain players record with getting slammed for no reason, clearly if enough people report it then they take an interest in that player for their "mistakes".

KSing is against the rules, repeated offense can get you ban yes.

What about for other players that barely play the game and just vend it checks it back 3-4 days later and he does that everytime, does that make him a scammer?

You can't really prove it.

Basically what your saying is, if a player can't attend to his vend then he is violating rules. Because his prices were not updated daily.

I hope you do not put a close mind on this.

#37 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:52 PM

correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure, kro has something that wont let you vend if the amount in your vend puts you over cap, so there is something that can and has been done about it

#38 Cleofe

Cleofe

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 03:17 AM

correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure, kro has something that wont let you vend if the amount in your vend puts you over cap, so there is something that can and has been done about it

Well if this is true, its good to have it.

#39 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 28 January 2017 - 03:44 AM

well to be fair vending at obivous price like (1z, 15z etc) is way better than someone who vend at 999m but capped, or 100m add 000 to price.

#40 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 28 January 2017 - 02:31 PM

well to be fair vending at obivous price like (1z, 15z etc) is way better than someone who vend at 999m but capped, or 100m add 000 to price.

unfortunately that 1z vend is also capped

#41 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 03:12 PM

He meant that at 1z it's obvious what they're doing, where-as if a 1.3b item is at 999m then someone may think "sweet, I found a good deal" and rush over only to facepalm. 

#42 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 03:23 PM

as long as it not meant to dominate the first page, i think its fine.

but if the item is already on vend price but you put it on low price so you could always stay at 1st page, its abuse

#43 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 28 January 2017 - 08:18 PM

as long as it not meant to dominate the first page, i think its fine.

but if the item is already on vend price but you put it on low price so you could always stay at 1st page, its abuse

Thank you, that is exactly what i was saying. point blank period we need the update, to stop this.

people dont like people doing this.

its arguably a scam and arguably a exploitation of the game mechanics

period

#44 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 29 January 2017 - 01:14 AM

Would be good if Ragial could filter those vends to a "Advertisement" category, could start with any vend that has "PM Offer" or "Add 000" and so on in its title. Then secondly any vend that consistently does the 1z etc. items for over a month could be flagged.

#45 GammaBreaker

GammaBreaker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 12:47 PM

I'm more interested in filtering out certain sellers that purchase all of Inexpensive/Moderately Expensive Item X on the market, and then vend it for two weeks at 10x markup (no one ever buys).  It annoys me to see it on my tagged items while I wait for normally priced items to pop up.

Filtering sellers is probably too much to ask, though.  Ragial is already such a blessing that any minor inconveniences are dismissed.  As much as I might wax nostalgic about the days where you'd shop merrily from city to city, and rush to Morroc to go buy that thing your friend found...I'm too old for that, and Ragial is fanastic.

#46 Cleofe

Cleofe

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:36 PM

The thing is, most of the people that complain about vending item for 1z for advertisement is lying, if you go now to ragial and click "Cheap" section, you won't even see the 1z vend on the first page.

Period, end of story. Nothings wrong with the current system, those who complains just want ragial to work for their own interest and not for all the community.

#47 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:35 PM

case 1 : 

lZKg2yB.jpg

can we all agree this kind of vend are abuse  ?

the guy who vend this purposely vend this certain item so he could always stay on first ragial page, while this item average price still on vending range.

the intention are clear, we already have update for vending up to 1 bill ffs.

case 2 : 

O86cujo.jpg

acceptable ?  

because the item worth are way more than vending range, vend it at obvious price so you can tell on simple glance that this is not a real price.

not dominating the 1st page because no history vending before

case 3 :

[]

vending item worth 1.3 bill but vending at 999m but capped.

case 4 :

[]

let's say average vend bmx3 on this day are 20m, and some guy vend it at 10m but capped, so new vendor would be trying to undercut his vend instead average vend price.

my view :

case 1: abuse

case 2: acceptable

case 3: annoying

case 4: scam 

it's not that we can demand for ragial to fix this since its not official from iRO, just asking iRO side about this behaviour.

#48 Raitonagata

Raitonagata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Location( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º) o Y o ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
  • Server:Chaos ( QUIT !! )

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:44 PM

since when ragial is game mechanics?

Edited by Raitonagata, 29 January 2017 - 10:45 PM.

#49 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:50 PM

I would not even do this even knowing my zeny was capped. I mean ... 1 zeny lol

#50 Cleofe

Cleofe

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 02:58 AM

case 1 : 

lZKg2yB.jpg

can we all agree this kind of vend are abuse  ?

the guy who vend this purposely vend this certain item so he could always stay on first ragial page, while this item average price still on vending range.

the intention are clear, we already have update for vending up to 1 bill ffs.

case 2 : 

O86cujo.jpg

acceptable ?  

because the item worth are way more than vending range, vend it at obvious price so you can tell on simple glance that this is not a real price.

not dominating the 1st page because no history vending before

case 3 :

[]

vending item worth 1.3 bill but vending at 999m but capped.

case 4 :

[]

let's say average vend bmx3 on this day are 20m, and some guy vend it at 10m but capped, so new vendor would be trying to undercut his vend instead average vend price.

my view :

case 1: abuse

case 2: acceptable

case 3: annoying

case 4: scam 

it's not that we can demand for ragial to fix this since its not official from iRO, just asking iRO side about this behaviour.

Theres no abuse, stop saying that this is abuse. 

Period move on. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users