ROSE Adventure: Video Repository - Creative Contraptions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

ROSE Adventure: Video Repository

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:27 AM

Next Stream: 26-01-2017 @ 12:10 AM PST [3:10 EST]

https://www.twitch.tv/baronlovat

Latest Video:

Previous Video:

Alright guys, it's finally here, the first video of the ROSE Adventure series, Journey to Cap.

Since this is still a very new series I'd greatly appreciate feedback on the videos presentation in the form of some answers to the questions below.

1- Would you prefer ROSE Background Music or keep the pod-casty commentary alone?

2- Is the video too long for you? Not long enough?

3- Would you prefer a slower speed with less events taking place, or do you like the fast paced commentary showing everything I did?

4- Your own extra request [please keep them simple and few, I want to incorporate as many suggestions as possible without over crowding the videos]

Cheers.

Edited by Feuer, 25 January 2017 - 07:01 AM.

#2 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:33 AM

I liked the first video of these ep's so far, it was fun to watch.

Thanks for that!

Keep explaining what quests you take, how these quests are completed, and what the rewards for these quests are.

In addition you could keep track of how many quests u have completed thus far, just like the amount of times you have died.

I'll be looking forward for some of the more higher content in the series and your streams.

+1  This is amazing  :wub:

Edited by Cortiz, 15 January 2017 - 07:34 AM.

#3 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:42 AM

Nice video man, looks great.

The commentary is good, but maybe have the background music and noise of the game in with your voice, just really low.
It would add to it a little.

Also, what kind of setup are you using to record/stream, 1 or 2 video cards? I saw you having some stutters here and there.

#4 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:47 AM

I'm using a GTX 950 single slot with a Vishera x8350 Black Edition CPU and 16Gb of Ares* G-Skill ram. It's just ROSE not wanting to cooperate with being Streamed + Recorded simultaneously through OBS and Audacity w/ Voice Meeter. I try to run a good amount of quality control but sometimes clients just don't like it.

And thanks for the input on the background music. The actual sound from the clips can't be used as it's sped up to 400% in some areas and the audio just becomes a high pitched squeal. So if enough people want the music, I'll just layer in some ROSE BGM pulled from the game and make sure it's kept low. 

Edit: Also, some of the slices in Lightworks might contribute to a few stutters here n there, but I couldn't see any myself. If you're talking about the zoning stutter, that's been there  for a long time. Think the game just tries to load itself too fast out of the loading screens. 

Edited by Feuer, 15 January 2017 - 07:56 AM.

#5 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:28 AM

I see, I've never really messed with streaming and all that before, but I do record videos here and there.

I'm using a GTX 1080 for the main video card, and a GTX 970 for the recorder, this is using Bandicam. i7-6700k for the CPU, and 16 GB of some ram, I forget the name.
But yea, just using the game music would be cool, to add a little background noise :P

#6 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:37 PM

Finally got to watch and I absolutely loved it. Really liked how you explained your reasons for everything. That will be very helpful for anyone coming back to the game as well as brand new players. I didn't think it was too long at all. You edited thru some of the more grindy stuff but still explained it well. I wouldn't change a thing.

This really takes me back to when I was leveling my first toon. Can't wait for the next episode. Great job!

#7 Lijona

Lijona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Locationsunshine coast

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:46 AM

thats how I leveled my first chars.

I also did all this quests. I think I still have Bert's Spear in all storages. 

For my next chars I got better gear... gems and unique weapon... and I had always nice buffs from my cleric.

But you also have buffs... and party.

I didn't expect you finding parties at all... so... good to know, that the server is alive in this level range.

#8 Phreshes

Phreshes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:23 AM

Hey Feuer,

I rarely surf this forum but I want to say, great video, really brought nostalgia back and really remembers me a lot of my times back in the day playing ROSE online. I am amazed how far you have gotten thus far, how well you can survive on your own and how you make wealth for yourself. I appreciate the well thought and explained reasons behind your actions, this could really help out new players with some decisions they will have to make. As for leveling, I find it great how you show how one is able and how you are capable of doing it on your own by doing storyline / quests, or often with parties. 

Your video makes me want to try it myself and to just enjoy how ROSE was supposed to be played, or how I played it back in the days. Unfortunately I dont have time / cant make time as I am busy with work, but hopefully will have some day to give it a try. I also rarely watch gaming videos / gameplays and progress vids, but I will definitely keep an eye on yours, very informative and interesting to watch. A good commentary video of one of my favorite games has never been created before.

Just a tip for the video, I would like to hear music playing silently in the background which represents the zone you are in. Lets say if you stay for a while in a certain zone it would be fun to hear the music of that zone playing in the background, if you change zone the music changes along.

With that said, goodluck with your journey!

#9 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:10 AM

@HoneyBunz,
I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I hope you continue to get enjoyment from watching the videos. 

@Lijona,

I think we all started this way to be honest. Course, when I started birth island was still the thing and there wasn't really even the idea of AoE leveling for a while.
and yea, I really wasn't expecting to find a party that fast especially without asking for one. I can say that there will be party 'deadzones' though, due to players skipping entire zones [like jumping from Zant to Junon, then to Kenji] So there will definitely be areas in these videos where you might not see a single player for a while.

@Phreshes,

I'm glad I could give you that sense of nostalgia. I think that's why most of us veterans continue returning to the game so many times. It's a powerful sense. I hope you continue to enjoy the videos in the future as I'm doing this for the people like you, who just don't have time to invest into gaming as much due to IRL commitments and busy schedules. I'll take your advice into account when making the next video about the music in the background, though I'm not sure how complex I'll do it seeing as I end up jumping back and forth between zones quite frequently. But having some ROSE BGM is definitely something I'd considered for the first video, but wasn't sure what the viewers would want more.
Cheers, and I hope to see you around for the next video. 

#10 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:00 AM

i really love to see ppl doing the quests when i am questing myself i see rarely other lowbies doing the same thing and Yes the nostalgia is real :)

I loved to watch ur video :)

#11 Xost

Xost

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:05 AM

Great video!, i like how you explained to the viewers on what your doing and why your doing certain things.

The pacing is nice, and your playthrough could definitely use some background music to spice things up.

the death counter is a nice touch too. lol

#12 EveryBodysHatin

EveryBodysHatin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Location저희 집 ♕ Occupation: 학생
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:38 AM

Looking forward to seeing episode 2 , Keep it up!

#13 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:13 AM

@Xost,

Glad you enjoyed the death counter touch, and yea, seems like more people want some background music so I'm looking into doing that for the next episode.

@EveryBodysHatin,

Well I'm working on producing it right now Sagia* so cheers. Hopefully it'll be done here in about two or three days. 

Edited by Feuer, 18 January 2017 - 10:25 AM.

#14 EveryBodysHatin

EveryBodysHatin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:20 AM

I am not mar but yeah looking forward to it  :wink:  

you gotta be consistent with them uploads  to make it more interesting.

i've seen a lot of the ''journey to cap'' videos  but most of them failed to finish the series.

Good Day~

Edited by EveryBodysHatin, 18 January 2017 - 10:26 AM.

#15 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:25 AM

Oh woops! Sorry mate. I am really tired and had a rather .... 'eventful' morning. My apologies. 

#16 EveryBodysHatin

EveryBodysHatin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:28 AM

No problem haha.

Hope your day gets better as you go.

#17 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:25 PM

Update: There will be a stream tonight starting around 1 or 3 AM Server Time. [3:00 ~ 5:00 AM EST]

This will NOT be a progression stream for the video series, I'm mostly going to be working on leveling my champ and running dungeons, but the purpose of the stream is discussion and for me to answer questions you guys might have. I will not be giving Stat or Skill builds, as many of those are going to change in the very near future, but advice I could give. 

Be there or be square.

------

Update: Turns out I was the square. Sorry for the delay, stream is now live~

Edited by Feuer, 22 January 2017 - 01:47 AM.

#18 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:46 AM

Alright guys! Episode 2 is finally up!

Apologies it took over a week to get the second episode out, there was literally over 8 hours of footage I had to edit. I hope you all enjoy, and again, let me know what you think about the changes I've made or any other things you would like to see.

Cheers, Feuer.

#19 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:18 AM

I was waiting for the second episode, nice work.  

It's a little hard to hear you the first minute of the video or so, but the rest is pritty clear.

I also dig that logout trick  :gg:

#20 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:40 AM

Episode 2 was just as enjoyable as episode 1!  When you were fighting those queen bees, it brought me back to when I first came here. We took those quests in El Verloon and were always massacred by the queens while running past them. Since we used our own cleric's buffs to level, we did not have the speed buff yet.  Fun times :P

There were lots of good tips for newbies in the video and visual proof of how important it is to pick up drops. Great job! Keep up the good work!

#21 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:54 AM

@Cortiz,

Glad you liked that lil trick. I know some other ones that are useful, maybe I'l get to demo them in future episodes  B)

@Honeybunz,

Awesome, good to hear you enjoy it, and I'm glad it brought back memories. Doing this is really punching my nostalgia buttons frequently and making me think back to iRose and what it really meant to level up in those days. 

#22 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:46 PM

Update: Will be doing a surprise progression stream today at about 2:45 AM server time [5:45 AM EST] !

#23 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:31 PM

Aight so just an update for those still following:

I will not be doing any progression streams until after March has come around.
I made this decision because I don't want the Winter Sharing event bonus rates to skew my results or impact the series. So until the sharing event is over, no more journey to cap series, I will post a short video of my last session this week sometime.

But fear not, I will be streaming + doing some coverage of the Orlo update once that comes out, so keep an eye out on Youtube / Twitter for updates. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users