Using AAHeal5, High Heal seems miscalculated - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Using AAHeal5, High Heal seems miscalculated

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:08 AM

168 FS AB

Stats:
120+32 int, 120 dex, 112 vit, 31 luk

Heal Testing Gears:
+13 ygg, +13 glorious cure wand, bdm, 99 love, +9 panic diab int 3, rose of eden, vital tree, angelic ring, light of cure CL1/int 2, +4 shadow int earring, +9 shadow int pendant, +9 healing shadow wep, and a costume darkness helm w/ arch bishop lvl 1

Using +20 int & luk stat foods for further testing, no vip at the moment on the account for extra buffs

Result: an average of 22k with high heal (not using offer; i dont have it). I equip the heal 5 AA wings (supposed to be 20%) and only wind up getting 23.5-24.5k extra. But 20% on top of 22k should equal out to a little bit more than 5k extra, shouldnt it?

Tested c.heal and normal heal and it does add the extra for those 2 skills, but for high heal im only getting like 10% seemingly..

Help?

Edited by Fuuton, 02 February 2017 - 01:10 AM.

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:56 AM

You already have other healing boosting items, thats simply the effect of diminishing results.

If you have no bonus, and you get a 100% increase, you have a 100% increase. Now after that you get another 100% of the same type. But now your previous was 200%, and 100% only represents a 50% boost to the previous case.

#3 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:16 AM

I have no idea what Ashuckel means....

But since i am usually dense as a fruitcake normally anyway I'll just say he's correct.

#4 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:27 AM

im not quite understanding that in full, shuck. my brain freezes up when too many formulas and numbers are involved. you're saying there's a cap limit on heal increase bonuses after a certain point?

EDIT: also if this is the case, then why is the actual [extra] correct amount working for both c.heal and normal heal? i get the increase for those 2 skills as well and they are most definitely correct... so even by your logic, something is still a miss?

Edited by Fuuton, 02 February 2017 - 09:29 AM.

#5 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:03 AM

uhhhh, diminishing return, the more and mroe you stack something, the less effective it becomes comparatively from before.

If you have your regular heal, and you get a +20% heal mod, now your heal does 120%, a full 20% increase.

If you put another 20% boost, the base heal of 100%¨is still receiving another 20%, but now your total healing amount was already 120% and goes to 140%. Going from 120 to 140% is a 16.666...% increase.

In your case before the Heal5 AAW you already had: 

21% from ygg crown(i think, i might have misinterpreted the description, correct me if i'm wrong)

45% from glorious cure wand

6% from diabolus robe

20% from rose of eden+angelic ring combo

5% from vital tree shoes

5% from healing shadow weapon

3% from recovery skill enchanted costume

2% from light of cure

From gears alone you have already +107% healing boost. So your heal atm is at 207% of it's original value. If u add AAW Heal5 for another 20%, it will be added to the sum of healing boost, and your heal now is at 227% of it's original value. Going from 207>227 is a 9.6% increase. Now look at the heal numbers you gave us, you said they went from 22k to 23.5~24.5k(lets consider 24k). Going from 22k>24k is +/- a 9.1% increase.

I wont come to an exact number that matches both calculation and your healing without knowing ur lvl of meditatio and what were the mins and max of your heal before (you only gave 22k).
But i guess this was enough for you to understand how does it works right? :v

#6 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:52 AM

Oooooo that makes much more sense. So the extra heal % increase only affects the original value without the gears and not for the new value, correct? one little factor destroys my entire calculation lmfao.

edit: when i say new value, i mean the current amount of heal, high heal, or c.heal.

double edit: also like i said my brain hurts with formulas. i trip over numbers too much. but im good on stacking gear and getting the full amount of percentage out of that, so can you give me a formula for the 207>227 and finding the 9.6% increase change in that? would help me make better decisions regarding gear in the future!

Edited by Fuuton, 02 February 2017 - 10:59 AM.

#7 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:00 AM

227/207  '-'

Edited by Ashuckel, 02 February 2017 - 11:01 AM.

#8 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:46 AM

Oooooo that makes much more sense. So the extra heal % increase only affects the original value without the gears and not for the new value, correct? one little factor destroys my entire calculation lmfao.

edit: when i say new value, i mean the current amount of heal, high heal, or c.heal.

double edit: also like i said my brain hurts with formulas. i trip over numbers too much. but im good on stacking gear and getting the full amount of percentage out of that, so can you give me a formula for the 207>227 and finding the 9.6% increase change in that? would help me make better decisions regarding gear in the future!

You have the right track of thought there, all heal increases seem to calculate seperately each and then add together at the end for your total. I notice the base heal used for calculations accounts for the Int bonus to heal and also Meditatio so you can count those both as part of the raw number without gears and weaponry equiped. White Lady Cards however pose a completely different set of rules, they stack together and are calculated after all alterations are made to heal, but apply before Offertorium and High Heal's 3.2x effect.

These are my own findings and I am sure Ashuckel will no doubt see an obvious error and correct me.

Edited by PervySageMarty, 02 February 2017 - 11:47 AM.

#9 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:02 PM

technically White Lady should work in the same way as all those items i listed above, just sum up to the total heal%

BUT, you can never guess how much kRO can -_- up on their coding and make stuff work in a weird way. They bugged entire 6 skills of ninja+kagerou/oboro(Charms) coz of putting a single parenthesis in the wrong place.

Edited by Ashuckel, 02 February 2017 - 12:02 PM.

#10 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:02 PM

You have the right track of thought there, all heal increases seem to calculate seperately each and then add together at the end for your total. I notice the base heal used for calculations accounts for the Int bonus to heal and also Meditatio so you can count those both as part of the raw number without gears and weaponry equiped. White Lady Cards however pose a completely different set of rules, they stack together and are calculated after all alterations are made to heal, but apply before Offertorium and High Heal's 3.2x effect.

These are my own findings and I am sure Ashuckel will no doubt see an obvious error and correct me.

you know i think i had heard something like that about WL and in the back of my mind i was under the impression that all gears/cards for heal increase had their own set of rules. i was really hoping the heal 5's would be the same way. im wondering then, if i decided to get offertorium with a 24k heal, would offer have its own set of rules that apply after the gears' values are added?

would it be 24k (plus 150% from offer) 36k = 60k?

or would i stack that extra 150% onto the current 227%?? ----> 377/227?

again with the numbers confusing me.

#11 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:04 PM

offertorium multiplies your heal values. if it's +150% it's then basically healx2.5. (same as Dark Claw :v)

#12 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:05 PM

you know i think i had heard something like that about WL and in the back of my mind i was under the impression that all gears/cards for heal increase had their own set of rules. i was really hoping the heal 5's would be the same way. im wondering then, if i decided to get offertorium with a 24k heal, would offer have its own set of rules that apply after the gears' values are added?

would it be 24k (plus 150% from offer) 36k = 60k?

or would i stack that extra 150% onto the current 227%?? ----> 377/227?

again with the numbers confusing me.

Offertorium applies before HH's 3.2x bonus so you will be getting your heal rate boosted first by Offer then by HH, and assuming 24k is without Offertorium, you should just hit through to 0, meaning you healed just over 323232.

#13 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:07 PM

technically White Lady should work in the same way as all those items i listed above, just sum up to the total heal%

BUT, you can never guess how much kRO can -_- up on their coding and make stuff work in a weird way. They bugged entire 6 skills of ninja+kagerou/oboro(Charms) coz of putting a single parenthesis in the wrong place.

I have no doubt kRO has had a hand into how my findings are different from your suggestion. Maybe I am wrong and you are right, I am not sure, I am but a simple man, I see numbers and that is all.

#14 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:12 PM

well you can test if u want

dont use a weapon, so you don't have a variable matk and your heal number is always constant.

equip some healing% stuff, like idk, rose of eden combo, diabolus robe, etc. Get your numbers, then equip white lady and get your numbers again, post it for me and i can check it

#15 TheUnlimited

TheUnlimited

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:56 PM

And then I made an ass of myself.  I'm going to go sit in the corner now.  Time to stop posing at work.
:wah:

Edited by TheUnlimited, 04 February 2017 - 07:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users