Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationPallet Town, Kanto
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos [afk]

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:13 AM

Hello all, Mr. BV / Blue here. :D

I've been semi-active here on the art forums, so I'm making my own thread.

I've played since early 2005, here and there, and for a long time I wanted to create art for RO.  However, I had no confidence and I never posted anywhere until recently.
I do art as a hobby.  I don't know if I want to have a career in art, so for now I do it for fun.

I'm mostly an afk player, leaving my characters to sit around and look awesome.  :D I go online every once and a while for events and to get qt afk headgears, and maybe even sometimes I'll level alts.  I also use Ragnarok as a way to spend time with my friends.

I draw other things besides RO, maybe other games I like, or original works.  I also like cats and sheep/rams, so they appear a lot in my art.
Commissions are [closed].

Ragnarok is full of many inspiring places and ideas, I hope it can continue to motivate me to try my very best.  I'm happy to be here with so many talented artists. :D

Here are examples of my past and current work.  Please feel free to comment and critique, I want to improve as an artist.

More Finished

Spoiler Christmas 2016

Spoiler mouton life

Spoiler angelic eclairs

Spoiler angeling ball submission

Spoiler labyrinth forest

Spoiler jingle bell on ragnarok (christmas 2017)

Spoiler scholar colored

Flat Color★(If I open commissions, it might be this style)

Spoiler whitesmith

Spoiler my gene

Sketch/WIPs

Spoiler scholar

Spoiler ranger

Thank you for looking.  :jellyfish:

Edited by trainerblue, 18 January 2022 - 04:22 AM.

#2 trainerblue

trainerblue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:56 AM

Not exactly ragnarok related, I attempted a very quick and rough water practice.

tumblr_om92qqbmA51w3zxt4o1_1280.png

Edited by trainerblue, 03 March 2017 - 08:58 AM.

#3 Ruzhwind

Ruzhwind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:16 AM

Not exactly ragnarok related, I attempted a very quick and rough water practice.

tumblr_om92qqbmA51w3zxt4o1_1280.png

dang look the bubble tho :o

hi bv  :Emo_12:

#4 trainerblue

trainerblue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:17 AM

dang look the bubble tho :o

hi bv  :Emo_12:

Hey Ruzhwind :D

after our conversation last week I attempted drawing in MS Paint, see what it's like.  The tablet doesn't work well on it though, I kept having problems, so I may not finish it LOL

#5 Ruzhwind

Ruzhwind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:23 AM

Hey Ruzhwind :D

after our conversation last week I attempted drawing in MS Paint, see what it's like.  The tablet doesn't work well on it though, I kept having problems, so I may not finish it LOL

call me by ruzh for short :D

well nobody got good in first try :D when you can do it well, you will surpassed me :D

#6 trainerblue

trainerblue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:38 AM

call me by ruzh for short :D

well nobody got good in first try :D when you can do it well, you will surpassed me :D

Well, I can get my style in MS Paint, I guess, it's more of a technology problem.  It has a problem doing what I want it to do, so the pencil jumps around.  Sometimes it won't even make a line, even if I draw it many times.  Probably a problem with the pressure sensitivity of the tablet.

It won't be my main program, but I enjoy trying new things with art.  Thanks for the inspiration. :D

#7 Ruzhwind

Ruzhwind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

Well, I can get my style in MS Paint, I guess, it's more of a technology problem.  It has a problem doing what I want it to do, so the pencil jumps around.  Sometimes it won't even make a line, even if I draw it many times.  Probably a problem with the pressure sensitivity of the tablet.

It won't be my main program, but I enjoy trying new things with art.  Thanks for the inspiration. :D

you're welcome. your art gave me some inspiration too :D

Edited by Ruzhwind, 04 March 2017 - 08:26 AM.

#8 trainerblue

trainerblue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:55 AM

I was going through old files and found some of my old RO art from 2014-2015.
I like to think I've improved, especially on anatomy and composition.  I sense a lot of self consciousness and that there wasn't much interest to fully experiment by looking at these.  I added in signature today because I didn't use to sign my art, I wasn't posting it.

Spoiler biochemist/soul linker august 2014

Spoiler shadow chaser 2015

Spoiler ab march 2015

Feel free to comment. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#9 trainerblue

trainerblue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:45 AM

tumblr_omrnpimMyv1vcngwbo1_r3_1280.png

sketch of a scholar I did around new year's.  I might really clean it up, fix some mistakes, and color it some day, maybe for a load screen.

#10 trainerblue

trainerblue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:47 PM

tumblr_onb1b90xQI1vcngwbo1_1280.png

Just a ranger sketch, clean up and fixes later

Edited by trainerblue, 23 March 2017 - 08:49 PM.

#11 trainerblue

trainerblue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:33 AM

Hey all, Mr. BV here :D I haven't been here in months! I logged in today and got an achievement, so that's on iRO now. lol

I made a RO sketch to practice coloring, so it's not very finished.  At first I said to myself, I will not use purple and blue shadows! LOL

tumblr_oxmj6cJfVv1vcngwbo1_1280.png

I hadn't done this lighting before, it was fun to try something new.  Thank you for looking, helpful comments and critique are welcome.

I hope there will be a Halloween contest  :p_devil:

#12 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:43 PM

Hey, blue! Welcome back to the forums! It's really been a while. You're latest art is a nice comeback. What I like best is the way you rendered the sky and clouds and the cotton candy texture of amistr. The trees look like they emit a dark aura like an evil forest.

Edited by ROCKheir, 18 October 2017 - 12:16 AM.

#13 RitaTigra

RitaTigra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:19 AM

wow your art is amazing! I love the colours and shimmers, it seems like jumping into a heavenly kaleidoscopic dimension  :lv: why didn't I notice this thread before smh

#14 trainerblue

trainerblue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:13 PM

Hey, blue! Welcome back to the forums! It's really been a while. You're latest art is a nice comeback. What I like best is the way you rendered the sky and clouds and the cotton candy texture of amistr. The trees look like they emit an dark aura like an evil forest.

Eyy if it isn't ROCK! :D
I saw some of your new art, your style has gotten even better!  You were already very talented, how is it possible?
The zoom ins on your art look so clean.  Also your entry for the costume contest is cool, hopefully you can finally get your hat.

Thank you for the comments! Amistr in the game is very fluffy I think.
The forest is very dark, I tried to recreate those days I would hide in Labyrinth Forest. :D

wow your art is amazing! I love the colours and shimmers, it seems like jumping into a heavenly kaleidoscopic dimension :lv: why didn't I notice this thread before smh

Thank you for looking and for the comments; I do add a lot of colors in the process. I can't seem to color things in a real way.
But "heavenly kaleidoscopic dimension"!  That's one of the coolest things someone has said about my art!  It tells me I am getting closer to my goal.
I haven't been here since March so maybe that's why ?

I looked for your art thread, and saw you made a post for the Valentine Event. How cool!
I joined that contest actually, it was really fun to draw for. :D

#15 RitaTigra

RitaTigra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMilky Way

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:35 PM

That contest was fun indeed, but sadly at that time all I had were my cousin's coloured pencils, so that was all I could do :v recently I got a drawing tablet, so I can finally explore the world of digital drawing, try new techniques and find my own style... and my greatest obstacle now is coloring! all those brushes are confusing tbh and I still have to get used to draw while looking in front of me and not on paper (that is pretty tough bahahah)

I really wish I could learn to colour that playfully, the art is so vibrant looking  :p_laugh: 

After all art is made to express ourselves, and what is the best way for a colourful soul to do that?  :heh:  Keep up the good work! :no1:

#16 trainerblue

trainerblue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:38 PM

That contest was fun indeed, but sadly at that time all I had were my cousin's coloured pencils, so that was all I could do :v recently I got a drawing tablet, so I can finally explore the world of digital drawing, try new techniques and find my own style... and my greatest obstacle now is coloring! all those brushes are confusing tbh and I still have to get used to draw while looking in front of me and not on paper (that is pretty tough bahahah)

I really wish I could learn to colour that playfully, the art is so vibrant looking  :p_laugh:
After all art is made to express ourselves, and what is the best way for a colourful soul to do that?  :heh:  Keep up the good work! :no1:

I see, the first hard part is going from the hand to the screen for sure!  I started with drawing from a mouse almost 13 years ago, I began using a tablet maybe 8 years ago.  I took many long breaks so I had to relearn many things all the time lol.  It took a lot of experiments before I thought my work was good to share with others.
The best way to learn brushes is through experiments, change the settings and you might find a tool you will come to love.  What program do you use by the way?  I like to use sai for digital painting and PS for editing, but people have different preferences.  There are even artists who create amazing art with MS Paint. :D

Yes, art is a great tool for expression!  I look forward to your future posts.  :no1:

#17 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:57 AM

Eyy if it isn't ROCK! :D
I saw some of your new art, your style has gotten even better!  You were already very talented, how is it possible?
The zoom ins on your art look so clean.  Also your entry for the costume contest is cool, hopefully you can finally get your hat.

Thank you for the comments! Amistr in the game is very fluffy I think.
The forest is very dark, I tried to recreate those days I would hide in Labyrinth Forest. :D

Aw you flatter! xD But thanks. I guess going on an art break has its benefits (it's evident in yours, too! :no1: ). I noticed that I don't struggle as much as I did in the past in my new art projects as I learned (and still learning) to just enjoy the art process without stressing myself if I can't get something right in my first several tries. Also my recent artworks are practically products of experimental work--the lineart, the drawing style, coloring, etc. And, honestly and gladly, I also find the outcome satisfactory; and gladder still that others also feel the same way about it. ^^ And thanks again and for wishing me well. Hoping.

You should create more artworks and participate in the Costume Contest as well! Looking forward to your outputs! 

#18 RitaTigra

RitaTigra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMilky Way

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:22 AM

I'm using Krita, it has WAY TOO MANY BRUSHES, but with every new work I try to use new ones, they all give different effect and feeling to the colours and it is quite fun to experiment! I submitted today my entry for the headgear contest and I coloured it very quickly, so it's a bit of a mess, but I think it leaves something to the imagination as well as submitting something too detailed is pointless (transposition to in-game sprite removes literally all the details :0); the brushes I used there are 2B pencil for the lining, watercolour for coloring and a bit of blending here and there  :p_smile:

I like the program though,it has an autosave feature which is a bit annoying but a lifesaver at the same time, just needs to be set up not to autosave every 5 minutes, the little lag you get by that is quite annoying bahaha especially when you're inking  :pif:  It's a free software so you can try it and tell how you feel about it!

Might try SAI as well though, a lot of friends of mine use it  :no1:

#19 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:17 AM

Aw. How I wish Clip Studio Paint has that autosave feature as well (that doesn't overwrite the actual file but merely creates a recovery file in case of unfortunate events). Twice did it happen to me that I lost all major progresses of my commissioned projects due to a sudden freeze and consequent restart and I had to start over again from 90% progress to 20%. 

#20 trainerblue

trainerblue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:05 PM

I'm using Krita, it has WAY TOO MANY BRUSHES, but with every new work I try to use new ones, they all give different effect and feeling to the colours and it is quite fun to experiment! I submitted today my entry for the headgear contest and I coloured it very quickly, so it's a bit of a mess, but I think it leaves something to the imagination as well as submitting something too detailed is pointless (transposition to in-game sprite removes literally all the details :0); the brushes I used there are 2B pencil for the lining, watercolour for coloring and a bit of blending here and there  :p_smile:

I like the program though,it has an autosave feature which is a bit annoying but a lifesaver at the same time, just needs to be set up not to autosave every 5 minutes, the little lag you get by that is quite annoying bahaha especially when you're inking  :pif:  It's a free software so you can try it and tell how you feel about it!

Might try SAI as well though, a lot of friends of mine use it  :no1:

Oh cool, star related things are interesting, so I think your idea is very cool. :D

I agree, too much detail cannot be done for head gears in the game.  I have been surprised by some, tho!  I haven't been able to come up with an idea yet but I might try, if I have the time.  It would likely be spooky or animal themed but the game already has so many.  :hmm:

I might try Krita, I like to try a lot of programs.  I've wanted to draw something in MS Paint too, because it's very limited it might be fun.

I think SAI is very easy once you try it for a while. :D  I use Luminosity a lot, I think PS Luminosity is not as good as SAI's, at least for what I want.

Aw. How I wish Clip Studio Paint has that autosave feature as well (that doesn't overwrite the actual file but merely creates a recovery file in case of unfortunate events). Twice did it happen to me that I lost all major progresses of my commissioned projects due to a sudden freeze and consequent restart and I had to start over again from 90% progress to 20%. 

I agree with this!  I wish Sai had an autosave.  I try to remind myself every time I make a lot of change, maybe once or twice an hour.  I save a lot in games so I guess the anxiety is the same for my drawings LOL.

I think I had that happen with one of my Valentine' drawings.

Also I wanted to post a WIP progress :D  I'm happy with the colors on this one so far.

tumblr_oy1czpXv1b1w3zxt4o2_r1_1280.png

#21 trainerblue

trainerblue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:36 PM

I forgot to post my Holiday Card Contest Art here. so it's a bit late.  Happy Holidays! :D

tumblr_p1jawlhjT41vcngwbo1_1280.png

#22 trainerblue

trainerblue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:06 PM

tumblr_p3eotf6kUY1w3zxt4o1_1280.png

I colored an old pencil sketch!

Edited by trainerblue, 30 January 2018 - 09:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users