No client info file after installation - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

No client info file after installation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RaijinMaster

RaijinMaster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/EXE

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:32 PM

For some time I have been playing without issue. Yet today, my client somehow started to patch from 2011. I thought it was odd but I let it run. From then on I was unable to launch the game so I decided to reinstall the whole thing.

The problem I have right now is that after I reinstalled the game (I downloaded the latest installer from the website) I came across the following error messages ''Failed to write file'' and ''No client info file''. Moreover, it still keeps patching from 2017-02-16 even when I have already launched the game several times before. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

PS: I am playing on renewal and all the threads I have read regarding this issue seem to point out that this problem is specific to Classic.   :sob:

#2 NoDice

NoDice

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:54 PM

"Failed to write file" usually occurs when more than one instance of game is running in the background. You can cross-check against the Task Manager to be certain.

Can you do one last re-install? Make sure to copy the important folders (screenshot, replay, savedata, chat, whisper, AI etc.,) elsewhere. Un-install the game, delete the game folder it leaves behind. Restart your computer. Install it and make sure it is in the root folder (C: D: etc.,) and not Program Files.

Post install, navigate to your game folder and right click the files  Ragnarok  and Ragexe one by one, choose Properties>Compatibility>Check the box for "Run this program as an administrator">Apply>Ok.  

Download the following file: iRO Renewal 2017-02-09 to 2017-02-23 scan it with your AV and extract the contents to the game folder.

Run the patch client and when its done re-packing, log in and see if you still get errors. If you don't, delete the files you extracted in the previous step. You can then copy back the other folders to get your original settings and so on.

#3 RaijinMaster

RaijinMaster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Server:Chaos/EXE

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:39 AM

Hi. I managed to get the game running again after a few reinstallation. Those steps didnt work for the first few times but my last installation somehow able to run smoothly. Im not a tech guy so I have no clue what's going on lol.

Thanks alot NoDice!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users