Cylinder Hairband - Update - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Cylinder Hairband - Update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
101 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:17 PM

Firstly I want to apologize to: havokkmorands and his thread: https://forums.warpp...ent-misleading/ It turns out he was correct. Now before you get your pitchforks and torches let me explain why he was correct and what were going to do about it.

Today we tested the fix for the headgear from HQ and it made no change. So we started testing much deeper into how the skill functions in order to figure out whats going on with it.

The old famous Geneticist Adventurer 'srtsert' from the Sakray Realm volunteered to be our test bed.

myWKnOw.png

1. We increased the bonus on the item to 1000%(On the test server only) and found that yes the function call is increasing our damage. Just not at the expected rate.
Target Roda Frog
Damage: 1447

Damage with Hairband + 60%: 1810
Damage with Hairband + 1000%: 6047

2. We tried to figure out why the headgear wasn't adding the damage we expected we turned to trusty old iro wiki and our volunteers from the description team for testing on Sakray. 

iRO wiki has the formula as follows: [Base_Damage + {(Cart_Remodeling_Lv × 50) × (INT ÷ 40)}]%

Disclaimer: The studio has stated that they cannot share skill damage formulas. Due to this we are replying upon the communities closest formula that fits with what is reflected in game. This post should not be used to cite the iRO wiki damage formula as 'confirmed', 'true' or otherwise validated as 100% accurate in any way.

The formula has two major components Base Damage and Damage Modifiers

2a.

Our testing character had the following

Atk: 171

Cannonball: 100 atk

Cart Remodeling: 2

Int: 13

So for his formula it comes out to ((171*2)+100)*((300+((2*50)*(13/40)))/100)

442 * 3.325

Total = 1469 base damage. 

Which after Roda Frog defense comes out to about the 1447 damage experienced.

2b.

Next with the hat bonus set at 1000%

Atk: 176 (+5 str from hat)

Int: 18 (+5 int from hat)

So for his formula it comes out to ((176*2)+100)*(((300+((2*50)*(18/40)))/100)+10)

452 * 13.45

Total: 6079 base damage

Please note that the 1000% is additive at the end of the modifier section. That is important for our totals on this.

2c.Next with the hat bonus set at 60%

Atk: 176 (+5 str from hat)

Int: 18 (+5 int from hat)

So for his formula it comes out to ((176*2)+100)*(((300+((2*50)*(18/40)))/100)+.6)

452 * 4.05

Total: 1830 base damage

Please note that the 60% is additive at the end of the modifier section. That is important for our totals on this.

What does this all mean?

This means that this function call does not increase damage by (X%) but rather increases the skill damage bonus modifier (+ X%). For many of many skills in the game there is functionally no difference because of the way their skill damage to calculated. However for skills like Cart Cannon who already gain a large damage bonus from many other sources the functionality of an additional bonus is less apparent.

For clarity's sake we will be changing the description of any items with this function call on it. The phrasing will change from: "Increases the damage of SKILL by an additional X%." to "Increases the skill damage bonus of SKILL by an additional X%"

If you have any questions please ask them in this thread.

Special Thanks to the item description team for helping us test and figure out what exactly was happening with this skill and item.

Part 2:

Just finished talking to HQ and were updating the item

from

+10%

+30%

+60%

to

+60%

+175%

+350%

For our example we have three theoretical characters.

Veteran Player

Cart Remodel: 5

Int: 180

Player

Cart Remodel: 5

Int: 120

Newbie McNewplayer

Cart Remodel: 1

Int: 50

Bonus level 60%

Veteran Player:

Multiplier Change 14.25 -> 14.85

Increase 4.2% damage bonus modifier

Player:

Multiplier Change 10.5 -> 11.1

Increase 5.7% damage bonus modifier

Newbie McNewplayer:

Multiplier Change 3.625 -> 4.225

Increase 16.5% damage bonus modifier

Bonus level 175%

Veteran Player:

Multiplier Change 14.25 -> 16

Increase 12.2% damage bonus modifier

Player:

Multiplier Change 10.5 -> 12.25

Increase 16.7% damage bonus modifier

Newbie McNewplayer:

Multiplier Change 3.625 -> 4.375

Increase 48.2% damage bonus modifier

Bonus level 350%

Veteran Player:

Multiplier Change 14.25 -> 17.75

Increase 24.5% damage bonus modifier

Player:

Multiplier Change 10.5 -> 14

Increase 33.3% damage bonus modifier

Newbie McNewplayer:

Multiplier Change 3.625 -> 7.125

Increase 96.5% damage bonus modifier

This will still give users a large damage bonus while working within the limitations of the skill formula for RO1.

Lastly for players can test the changes we will be posting the changed item, a npc selling the item, and a refine NPC on Sakray tonight.

#2 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:34 PM

I'd recommend changing it to something more vague if the percentages are not calculated in an expected fashion. Like "increases by a certain amount" instead of citing a %. Users can turn to fan sites for a deeper analysis of what that certain % is.

#3 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:37 PM

Owners of Cylinder HB demand compensation

#4 rxexzxa

rxexzxa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:37 PM

rip 1b  :rice:

#5 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:40 PM

SELL ALL CYLINDER for 1B NOW

#6 Nine

Nine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:41 PM

"The item description says 0.1 sec reduction in the variable cast time of Cart Cannon, yet it gives 1 sec reduction." - KuaiDi

Can you fix the cast time to 0.1 sec reduction so I don't have to buy this box? Thanks.

#7 havokkmorands

havokkmorands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:45 PM

Well, im here for help in any problem on future if possible. Thanks for explain it and show for us the problem.

#8 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:47 PM

Firstly I want to apologize to: havokkmorands and his thread: https://forums.warpp...ent-misleading/ It turns out he was correct. Now before you get your pitchforks and torches let me explain why he was correct and what were going to do about it.

So what exactly are you going to do about it?

or is changing the description all you guys going to do?

Edit: Now Camp, can WP redo the formula on your end so that it affect the damage like the actual description.

Edited by Ryviux, 06 March 2017 - 03:51 PM.

#9 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:49 PM

SELL ALL CYLINDER for 1B NOW

I would not be rash. We are talking with kRO about where to go from here. But we don't want to make promises about changing the headgear before its approved.

#10 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:50 PM

I would not be rash. We are talking with kRO about where to go from here. But we don't want to make promises about changing the headgear before its approved.

too late (not me) i just notice some put a Cylinder HB on sale for 1b.

#11 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:52 PM

I call it a more secured investment. You can always find kp items being vended for no more than 1b. Re-selling it asap for 1b is the more secure route in case things don't go through correctly.

But I'll say check it on kRO servers too just to double confirm what you typed up.

#12 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:52 PM

Well that's what i've beens saying for a while. It's also exactly what happens to half of the effect of Sea Captain's Hat[1], all of the Kage/Oboro Charms on AoE skills, etc. And hence why i said that if they fix this they could fix all those cited. As far as records go, all the items/skills that work in this way(concede bonus additive to the skill formula) were considered and treated as a bug. The hat should not differ. Just take a look at all the other skill% enhacer items on the game and how they directly multiply the skill damage.

Edited by Ashuckel, 06 March 2017 - 03:55 PM.

#13 SeikenDensetsu

SeikenDensetsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:53 PM

If the cylinder headband gets nerfed cos of this stuff it would be the most disappointing stuff up for me the entire 3 years.

I hope the gear gets the property the players want which is why the prices were that high and we were happy for new gears.

Do not let this become another oda hat 1% aspd rather than 1 aspd again.

NOT HAPPY.

#14 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:54 PM

With this update, this "Oversea Care Package 3" is a COMPLETE waste of money. Nothing in there is valuable or worth the 300 kp. I feel bad for those who spent a ton of KP just to get the item they were expecting.

Edited by Demeris, 06 March 2017 - 03:55 PM.

#15 fIower

fIower

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:55 PM

RIDICULOUS. Back to quit.

Edited by fIower, 06 March 2017 - 03:55 PM.

#16 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Ymir + Loki

If you guys don't fix this to what people originally thought they were getting then it might be the close to the last straw.  There are numerous items in game that people have tried to acquire and spent real money on upgrading to get effects stated on the description.  My suggestion is to really fix things ASAP to what people payed for because its starting to get really bad and making WP look like frauds.

#17 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Well that's what i've beens saying for a while. It's also exactly what happens to half of the effect of Sea Captain's Hat[1], all of the Kage/Oboro Charms on AoE skills, etc. And hence why i said that if they fix this they could fix all those cited.

no comment on the kage/oboro charms

but there is a huge difference between angry customers on free items not working as describe

vs

angry PAYING customers on PURCHASE items not working as describe.

#18 narublue

narublue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:SoaRJealous

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:58 PM

I can't help but think this is just the start of something really bad. Over 700 dollars on boxes essentially wasted. I understand humans make mistakes but I'm utterly disapointed and quite honestly sad.

#19 LunaMoonBunny

LunaMoonBunny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:58 PM

This is beyond hilarious.

#20 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:59 PM

Just got off the horn with HQ. 10 minutes to type up part 2

#21 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:23 PM

Well that's what i've beens saying for a while. It's also exactly what happens to half of the effect of Sea Captain's Hat[1], all of the Kage/Oboro Charms on AoE skills, etc. And hence why i said that if they fix this they could fix all those cited. As far as records go, all the items/skills that work in this way(concede bonus additive to the skill formula) were considered and treated as a bug. The hat should not differ. Just take a look at all the other skill% enhacer items on the game and how they directly multiply the skill damage.

Lets get a list of the exact items that were bug reported for this over the year and fix them in the same manner.

#22 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:24 PM

first!

#23 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:24 PM

You guys sure are making this more complicated...

#24 Cristalion

Cristalion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:25 PM

as compesation can you add Overseas Care Package 2 (for tengu set?) =V...I spent z getting my cilinder specting more than this....i will feel better if I can get an oportunity to get the tengu set (its too expensive right now) and when im came back to RO I didnt have the time to get my tengu =(

#25 LunaMoonBunny

LunaMoonBunny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:26 PM

I guess this means it's getting "fixed" then?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users