BMX prices out of control - Page 6 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

BMX prices out of control

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#126 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:23 AM

What do you think I'm doing? I'm advising others to do the same. The 600kp pack would be 24m a manual and that's calcing the KP at 60m per box which is probably low.

#127 havokkmorands

havokkmorands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:25 AM

Aco said about the price is fine now, because he want make a monopoly on bio lab 4 runs, btw, this overprice will never end until arrive a box which give always 1 ~~ 3 BMX.

Btw, until this repeatable exp event ends, and one box like this come for restock more the sellers, we won't get more BMX for 6~~10m again.

#128 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10857 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:26 AM

Not going to happen. As long as there is no cost-efficient BMx3 supply, price wont drop. You will never ever get everyone to stop buying BMx3. Someone, at least there will be one person, to "cheat". That phrase "You dont buy and price will drop" doesnt even hold. It is only assumed to hold for detailed studies and easy analysis. Every single buyer has a unique purchasing power.

#129 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:29 AM

It's like when gas stations gouge the hell out of you. You need a lot of people to stop buying before they get the message.

#130 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:05 AM

Actually, old RO had a lot more community that made people stay. The only sense of community we really have now is low TI, south pront and Lighthalzen. Sometimes you meet some cool people too like in alde or alberta, but no more payon cave 4, GH cross, Morroc/Geffen, Agriopes, Stings, etc.

The having fun with the community part was able to overcome the annoyance of slow leveling. But any player now day that starts or come back will only think about leveling and reaching max level fast.

fully agreed. but then again, you had a different kind of player in the game too. oldies all know that the game used to be pay-to-play, not pay-to-win. the game now has both types of players. pay-to-play players are mostly the older types who grew up with the game in its early prime before it changed over. pay-to-win kids are the newer types who grew into the game after kafra shop/renewal/safe certs/manuals. the difference between these 2 types of players, sadly, is gamer's etiquette.

<Snip>

Of course we leveled fine without BMs in the past, 'cause we didn't have the EXP penalty hindering us like it does now.

straight truth. the exp system was so beast back then that you could go up against an ice titan as a lvl 56 sinx, kill 1, and get like 3 levels! i remember this shiz :P

Edited by VModCinnamon, 15 March 2017 - 10:41 PM.
Unnecessary, racial.

#131 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:38 AM

You meant 1.5 levels as there is a cap, another stupid idea. Who cares if one quest brings you from 1-50? The whole way exp works on renewal is stupid.

I think you're describing millennials. I cringe that I'm considered in that generation.

15 level cap

3x manuals are needed to level at a decent rate

only 2 good places to level 150+ (one is joke now)

Edited by ShoLin, 15 March 2017 - 10:42 AM.

#132 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:05 AM

so why dun we all jack up the price ? see who will buy it or not ?

#133 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:10 AM

Millenial describes anyone up to the age of 30, so yeah, most of the people who started RO when it opened are still considered millenials sooo....

Also the whole argument on BMX3s not existing in the old days you're missing one point.

BMx3s currently exist. People with more money available to them can just buy all the BMx3s they want. So if the poorer players don't use BMx3s and the richer ones do it creates a disparity in the player base.

The largest consistent player base is made of the richer players, meaning they have the larger community of people who can afford BMx3s. Which also means the poorer players are stuck with a smaller community that changes weekly because people quit when an MMO has little community.

The huge BMx3 price causes the poorer players to feel more isolated. Isolation is not an intended state of being in Korean MMOs. kMMO s are Grindy because eatern culture promotes teamwork... In a game designed for a teamwork focused culture, when the economy forces a class of players into perceived isolation it creates a problem in which the community is sure to meet problems with decay in player base.

#134 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:41 AM

BMs and the EXP penalty exist solely for kRO and publishers to profit off the leveling process. :U And people just eat it up regardless.

#135 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:49 PM

Aco said about the price is fine now, because he want make a monopoly on bio lab 4 runs, btw, this overprice will never end until arrive a box which give always 1 ~~ 3 BMX.

Btw, until this repeatable exp event ends, and one box like this come for restock more the sellers, we won't get more BMX for 6~~10m again.

1) I do have a monopoly on selling Bio4 because I consistently do it every day, at the same time, 5 runs, and I can finish them under 2 hours. I welcome other parties to do the same but most people are happy with their 1 TIs and Celia counts.

2)The price is fine because the only people that are upset with it are the ones who are so use to paying for cheap BMx3s and they sit there complaining at the computer and ask themselves why they didn't buy more at cheaper price. It's their fault for not buying when it's cheap and it's their fault for not being able to afford it? When I came back to RO, BMx3 prices were at 12mil, that was norm.

3)The value of my parties don't really care about the prices of BMx3s. It's about me saving time for my buyers because they can just join, afk, and get 10 runs done within 4 hours. That includes set up time as well. Let me know if you can find a similar experience in other Bio4 parties :P

Edited by Demeris, 15 March 2017 - 12:52 PM.

#136 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:52 PM

Or they could sell BMX3 for 80~90 KP each (every 2~3 months maybe? or forever,whatever)

Making their customers happy and the game more enjoyable for everyone 

Edited by Hissis, 15 March 2017 - 12:52 PM.

#137 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:56 PM

now that we're getting overseas package 4, I'm assuming we're not getting boxes with bmx3s 

#138 Cleofe

Cleofe

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:25 PM

We demand bmx in box now at kp shop with a high chance pls after this maint thursday huehue

now that we're getting overseas package 4, I'm assuming we're not getting boxes with bmx3s

What the heck is carepackage 4???? Is this serious?

Edited by VModCinnamon, 15 March 2017 - 10:50 PM.
Merged post

#139 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:28 PM

https://forums.warpp...sday/?p=2581575

#140 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Ymir + Loki

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:48 PM

while i do feel bad for legitimate returning players being affected by the prices just know now to not sell your bmx3 when taking a break and to keep a decent stock to level any future characters.  its kind of funny because bio4,scarabs and nct are nowhere near as busy like it is at other times so who and where are these bmx3 being used?

#141 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:56 PM

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Edited by MrLekkz, 15 March 2017 - 07:18 PM.

#142 KingAbel

KingAbel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1281 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:19 PM

lmfao

#143 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:26 PM

So much anger over a simple video game.

#144 DexRain

DexRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationProbably stuck at work lurking the forums
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Classic

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:33 PM

Aww man the salt is real thick in here, I remember when getting 1~2% per hour solo grinding was decent exp, before BM's, TI's and all that fun stuff

#145 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:58 PM

I just returned by chance and find this pile of salt. (Granted BMX3 Prices indeed skyrocketed)

Well, the game is F2P so they need to make money somehow, yet it feels weird how they approach it.  As others have stated, leveling from 100 to 175 is painful, even with BB's (which are nothing but a patch fix).

I like the idea of making VIP worthwhile, and I would love to see the Groove Packs back.  If you remember, most BMX3 came from Groove Packs where they used to be one of the guaranteed items.  Now, there's just the Overseas Packages that cost the same as a Lucky Box but with even more stuff to make the odds of getting the item you want even lower.

Don't know if Campitor has the power to make Groove Packs and Lucky Boxes come back or even split the contents of the Overseas Packages into to different boxes akin to the ones we used to have.

#146 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:29 PM

if the person is a returning player from 3~3.5 years ago they will remember BMs being 25m+ :v

#147 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:19 PM

I remember the days before any battle manuels existed. Just sell 1k WPE and buy 9 BMX3. I don't know about you, but I value my time a lot more then 10 dollars lol.

#148 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:20 PM

Not quite how it works Chakri but you know, gg.

Lol Chakri and his white man supremacy...

#149 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:26 PM

I survived old RO with my old life, where my greatest responsibility was college. Now, working full time, overtime frequently, having a familty to support, it's not so cool to level anymore.

The greatest issue is how boring it is to level, and how scarce are our options for leveling, and some of them even require ridiculous access quests that give little to no exp, regardless of taking a big deal of time from you, that you could've spent leveling. Right now leveling is too boring, that's why BMX3 prices skyrocket and people complain. You just have to kill the same monsters over and over and over again, and when you make an alt, there you killing THE EXACT SAME MONSTERS again and again. Going to the same maps, seeing the same sceneries, cursing at the same mimics or mimic-like creatures, listening to the same music (at least THIS is optional)... If a game is not fun, what good is it for? And the problem is that the game IS fun, except for the leveling process, which is required for every single char you make.

That's the real issue with BMx3. No exp event can compensate for it. That's why I'm totally pro removing it entirely and globally increasing server exp. You can also take away Gramps and spotlights.

This!

Take away BB's too. I have never leveled at NCT with one, and when i did level my RG to 175 it was before they made a permanent spawn increase for NCT, you lucky bastards..........and bring back prize medals! If we are taking away the BB's and Gramps  just bring back the prize medals in boxes.

#150 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:31 PM

I'm really upset this post is not getting more attention.  Was really hoping for some racially charged ragnadrama.  C'mon you social justice warriors, I know you're out there!  Get offended!

I would add to his post, but if i did I know im gonna get extremely banned permanently, and even I cannot afford to do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users