Mathematic, economy and gestion for dev 1.0 - General Game Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Mathematic, economy and gestion for dev 1.0

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 fraisemelba

fraisemelba

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:52 PM

Dear developper (or any greedy dumb in charge),

you have made a choice. The choice of draining a lot of money of a few frustrating most of your players, disgusting others and dont even give a chance to normal customer while you can drain little money from a lot give fun to all and attract new players.

example from numbers : total community members : 10.000

you money model:

1% of the population pay ~1000USD first month they add a small amount of cash and play ~1 year

5% get screwed and charge 50 USD first month and then stop as they get discusted b/c they are not competitive and will leave even you add content

no one want to play for free in such a game

no one join

others leave, no one left, game dead.

after about 1 year your game is dead, review over internet on your society is crap and no other game work as much as it could have been

you have made a huge amount of USD the first month, but then you start wondering wtf is going on

total earned: about 200k USD

a descent money model:

1% pay about 500USD and they pay regularly keep playing as long as you add content

30% pay ~150USD (as they get happy and competitive) - and they pay regularly as long as you add content

20% pay 50USD and might pay regularly 5/10 USD regularly to keep competitive

30% pay a small amount of cash (like 5/10 on a regular basis but not that often)

other play for free, feels competitive and continue, the community rise with the money income 

after 2-3 years you have earn a -_-load of zeny, players are happy it is a win win as next game will get an aura from this one

Total earned: about 2.000k USD

make a choice, but make it quick.

WHAT DO YOU THINK new potential player will think when they will see the current review of your game over internet? THEY WONT EVEN JOIN 

P.S.: I am quite sorry for my english, but well you have to be aware that this attitude will kill the RJ community right before you even start to imagine it

#2 Turkaso

Turkaso

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:39 AM

+10

#3 100000305169598

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:46 AM

+10. Perfect!

#4 jm1970

jm1970

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:50 AM

Hi

Even so i wouldn't agree with the math I totally understand the rage and for obvious reasons many players are about to leave (if not already gone). What's hard to comprehend is how some short-term-profit justifies the damage to warpportals reputation. Ragnarok Journey isn't the only game in warpportals portfolio but the only one with such harsh ways to create revenue.

I would love to hear some official statement but I assume we won't.

Kind regards

Edited by jm1970, 01 April 2017 - 04:51 AM.

#5 siamore

siamore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:56 AM

Jepp, the devs really have to get their brains together, this getting out of the hand, the absurd prices on everything.

If i was the boss over this staff i woulda fire them and get some competent workers.

But o nthe other hands im not even sure if this choice was made by the boss, if he did make this choice i do wonder wich fair play is this ?

Its pretty unbearable to watch them acting this ignorant, i spent tons of money into this game and just seeing this kind of lame move from them, 1 mistake after another.... is really sad, its false marketing 

Edited by siamore, 01 April 2017 - 04:59 AM.

#6 potatoblood

potatoblood

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:20 AM

One big flaw in your calculations.

The devs want as much money as they can on the first month, probably on the first week only..

I still agree with the OP though

#7 mark0707

mark0707

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:34 AM

lol it is a trap once you spend you will continue spending, it snowballs as your equipment get expensive with spending diamonds. look at level 10 wings it cost 200k diamond which is 5k dollars lol

#8 aaadvanced

aaadvanced

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 April 2017 - 11:04 AM

they just released this game but they dont have respond? why?

#9 Dedalux

Dedalux

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:27 PM

Theirs make this sistem bcos theirs know, the Game dont have the enought for be atractive for more than a few months, is better to earn all money in a short time until the comunity discover how bad is the game.

Pd: mi englisb is a piece ios crap like the game i know

Edited by Dedalux, 01 April 2017 - 06:32 PM.

#10 fraisemelba

fraisemelba

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:55 PM

thats the matter, the game is not bad, feeling from old RO are ~ yet the price is completely insane...

#11 s3b4stian

s3b4stian

I am New.

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:37 AM

wtf this p2w.

3 months or less and will be empty "the server"

#12 Tekneeq

Tekneeq

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:44 AM

Yep, I have decided to stop spending, they got me at VIP and that was the straw before the merge. So I'll play my VIP days out and even by then, we probably won't even have any explanation for this or any kind of reply. But we'll get updates probably stating "Bug fixes". I feel juped for the 10:4 ratio in gems from everyone else knowing it was 1:1.  <-- that would be my question to these mofo's... WHY?

#13 Aggiechu

Aggiechu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:01 AM

Yep, I have decided to stop spending, they got me at VIP and that was the straw before the merge. So I'll play my VIP days out and even by then, we probably won't even have any explanation for this or any kind of reply. But we'll get updates probably stating "Bug fixes". I feel juped for the 10:4 ratio in gems from everyone else knowing it was 1:1.  <-- that would be my question to these mofo's... WHY?

makes me feel like i should just pay the same amount to go back on real ro

#14 Tekneeq

Tekneeq

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:20 AM

makes me feel like i should just pay the same amount to go back on real ro

I resurrected my account just now lol

#15 ozcarr

ozcarr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:50 AM

Dear developper (or any greedy dumb in charge),

you have made a choice. The choice of draining a lot of money of a few frustrating most of your players, disgusting others and dont even give a chance to normal customer while you can drain little money from a lot give fun to all and attract new players.

example from numbers : total community members : 10.000

you money model:

1% of the population pay ~1000USD first month they add a small amount of cash and play ~1 year

5% get screwed and charge 50 USD first month and then stop as they get discusted b/c they are not competitive and will leave even you add content

no one want to play for free in such a game

no one join

others leave, no one left, game dead.

after about 1 year your game is dead, review over internet on your society is crap and no other game work as much as it could have been

you have made a huge amount of USD the first month, but then you start wondering wtf is going on

total earned: about 200k USD

a descent money model:

1% pay about 500USD and they pay regularly keep playing as long as you add content

30% pay ~150USD (as they get happy and competitive) - and they pay regularly as long as you add content

20% pay 50USD and might pay regularly 5/10 USD regularly to keep competitive

30% pay a small amount of cash (like 5/10 on a regular basis but not that often)

other play for free, feels competitive and continue, the community rise with the money income 

after 2-3 years you have earn a -_-load of zeny, players are happy it is a win win as next game will get an aura from this one

Total earned: about 2.000k USD

make a choice, but make it quick.

WHAT DO YOU THINK new potential player will think when they will see the current review of your game over internet? THEY WONT EVEN JOIN 

P.S.: I am quite sorry for my english, but well you have to be aware that this attitude will kill the RJ community right before you even start to imagine it

+1 the currency is not well balanced and it will kill the game if now properly Reevaluated.

#16 518096299

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:02 AM

this game was only designed for the ro loving fans to get a fix anywhere they had browser access. you are crazy to think they want a fair and balanced game here.  they want YOU to decide what is fair to you.  Id venture to say its fair that after the initial nostalgia wears off for you, you will forget about this game entirely.  the devs are bringing some access to an old washed up game.  enjoy what little you can then bounce. this game never had the intentions of being a well manicured gathering pot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users