Sprite Error - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Sprite Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chaiso

Chaiso

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:04 AM

After I select the Ymir server instead of loading the character select screen I get this...
Posted Image

Never had this problem before with RO.
After it does that it comes up with the error report thingy (i dont know what to call it)
Spoiler

#2 Fingon85

Fingon85

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:37 AM

yep i had that problem too. uhm a friend of me just copied his ro folder over mine and its workin very well - gonna ask him what folders these were so u dont have to copy whole ro folder

#3 Guest_Holden_*

Guest_Holden_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:19 AM

What operating system are you running on? If you are using Vista or Windows 7 it is better to install RagnarokOnline in a folder outside of \Program Files and always make sure to run as Administrator to avoid not getting patches.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:24 AM

You missed a patch, either through bad luck, or UAC causing duplicate data files to get out of sync.

If you're on vista/7 with RO installed in program files, and you patch RO by running as admin but don't always run RO as admin, it's likely the second one. Doing that will eventually kill any RO install, because windows does not behave as advertised (this result is a "can't happen" situation, and yet it does. While most of the UAC issues involve windows behaving as intended, I cannot figure out how this is can occur without a bug in UAC)

In either case, the solution is to get a copy over a clean RO install (you need all the files in the ragnarok folder, but not the contents of any subfolders), or reinstall (but reinstall is not a great option, because the first patch after a reinstall often doesn't make it all the way through)

Edited by DrAzzy, 05 August 2010 - 06:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users