[Guide] Goddesses Update: Part One - Ragnarok 2 Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Guide] Goddesses Update: Part One

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin & Freyja

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:34 PM

irlelbK.png

Long, long ago, in the places we now know as Sograt Desert and Dayr Desert, existed a large and prosperous empire. This was the Solvive Empire, which was ruled by the just and attentive Osiris. Outsiders brought their own beliefs to Solvive, including the two sects known as the Synod of The Dawn and the Twilight Vanguard. These sects worshiped different goddesses. The Synod of the Dawn gave devotion to Sol, the one who bore the heat and the light of day for Midgard. The Twilight Vanguard worshiped Nott, the goddess of the night and darkness. Members of both sects provided animal sacrifices to their goddesses, praying that these offerings would strengthen their chosen deity. Members of the opposing sects were in conflict. The sects fought for their own interests, for longer days or nights. Growing tired of these incessant conflicts, the Solvive Empire ordered both sects to be banished from the kingdom. The Synod and Vanguard were cast from the desert, but the countless statues sculpted in honor of their goddesses left an indelible mark on the landscape.

Centuries have passed since the reign of the Solvive Empire, and little has changed. Decades before Surt escaped his seal in Morroc, there was an event that was marked forever in history. For weeks, the night did not appear in Midgard. Historians refer to this period as the "Neverending Sun". Wilted by the endless days, the Synod of The Dawn took responsibility for the neverending sun and proposed a peace agreement with the vanguard of Twilight. The group leaders at the time, Raymond Bazerald for the Synod and Azoth Hinori for the Vanguard, agreed that they would cease their fighting and would dedicate themselves to returning the balance between night and day. In the time after this accord was struck, the nights days and nights have returned to normal and both sects have existed peacefully.

311 years after the Day of Despair, the Synod of The Dawn and the Twilight Vanguard have returned to the Dayr Desert for the first time since their banishment-- and they are recruiting new members. Although the statues of their goddesses have been rendered unrecognizable by the harsh passage of time, their passion and devotion to their goddesses has flourished.

Goddesses Update: Part One

The return of the Synod of the Dawn and the Twilight Vanguard marks the beginning of a new adventure for Midgardians. Begin your quest by speaking to Aasland Gunnrod or Simona LeonHart in Dayr Desert.

Scyycvy.png

uoraJF4.png

Choose wisely, adventurer. Once you accept the quest of one faction you will not be able to join forces with the other. Which path will you follow? Light or dark?

Once you decide, continue on to your first quest! As you start out on your path you will find new quests and Offering Scrolls, and can begin earning Goddesses' Token of Gratitude.

Offering Scrolls

Offering Scrolls are Extermination Requests that can be purchased with Zeny or Goddesses' Token of Gratitude. These quests ask you to exterminate certain monsters in exchange for experience and Token rewards. Offering Scroll vendors are located across Dayr Desert, and will be an invaluable addition to your leveling journey.

Goddesses' Token of Gratitude

As you fight your way through the desert you will earn the favor of your chosen goddess. As you complete Offering Scroll challenges, you will earn Goddesses' Token of Gratitude. These Token items can be exchanged at with the leader of your faction:

Emily Lucine

Leader of the Twilight Vanguard, located in the Pilanium Dead Mine. 

my2SW1Y.png

Einar Galf

Acting leader of the Synod of the Dawn, located in the Pilanium Dead Mine.

TbcxwBt.png

Each faction has its own costume and access to special items in addition to the elements. Choose wisely!

#2 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:17 AM

so, if you choose for example twilight you only can exange the twilight items and can't access the synod? is this how it works? :o

#3 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:34 AM

so, if you choose for example twilight you only can exange the twilight items and can't access the synod? is this how it works? :o

As far as I know, the quests from the other faction will become unavailable. I'm not sure if the scroll vendors and the leader for that faction also disappear, but it's possible.

Edit: Another thing to note is that Tokens can only be obtained through offering scrolls, and those are limited by level up to ML21. The reason for this is that they're purely meant as an aid for those who are leveling up in Dayr Desert and slapping a benefit on something that would otherwise be more grinding.

Edited by faku1810, 13 April 2017 - 11:11 AM.

#4 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:43 PM

As far as I know, the quests from the other faction will become unavailable. I'm not sure if the scroll vendors and the leader for that faction also disappear, but it's possible.

Edit: Another thing to note is that Tokens can only be obtained through offering scrolls, and those are limited by level up to ML21. The reason for this is that they're purely meant as an aid for those who are leveling up in Dayr Desert and slapping a benefit on something that would otherwise be more grinding.

oh, those are very interesting points to take note ;) ty faku!

#5 Adeodatus

Adeodatus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:55 PM

Besides the costume, the rewards feel a little "unrewarding"...

Spinel and Divine Protection aren't that good anymore now that you need way less EXP to go through all those 40 masterlevels (you need less than 1/2 as far as I have seen&calculated right), and from the picture I get the feeling that the 2nd page of rewards also wouldn't be that interesting (my guess is that it's just the rest of the elements).

Would've been better if there was something like a 7 day mount chest in the rewards...

I just hope that we will get some more skillpoints (~5) to spend on skills when the Niflheimr-update comes out (with a raise to Masterlevel 50-60 most likely). Would be nice to see them buyable via Goddesses Token of Gratitude instead of the Master Points to give more importance to the Goddesses Questline, as it seems to be non-important at the moment for the normal, non-endgame player.

#6 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:00 PM

Yep, you are correct. 2nd page of rewards is the rest of the elements.

#7 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• 1084 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:13 PM

Besides the costume, the rewards feel a little "unrewarding"...

Spinel and Divine Protection aren't that good anymore now that you need way less EXP to go through all those 40 masterlevels (you need less than 1/2 as far as I have seen&calculated right), and from the picture I get the feeling that the 2nd page of rewards also wouldn't be that interesting (my guess is that it's just the rest of the elements).

Would've been better if there was something like a 7 day mount chest in the rewards...

I just hope that we will get some more skillpoints (~5) to spend on skills when the Niflheimr-update comes out (with a raise to Masterlevel 50-60 most likely). Would be nice to see them buyable via Goddesses Token of Gratitude instead of the Master Points to give more importance to the Goddesses Questline, as it seems to be non-important at the moment for the normal, non-endgame player.

"Non-important for the normal non-endgame player"? What? The whole questline is an introduction to the master level system, with explanations about elements and means to level up even as a solo player without the need to party for grinding as soon as you become a master level. Maybe you meant it the other way around? since end-game players can't even use the goddesses scrolls.

In any case, the purpose is to streamline the process of leveling up through quests rather than just grinding. If new quests are added, they'll probably start with Dark Whisper and follow into Payon. As for the NPC vendor, except for the costume, it's not meant to "reward" you for grinding, but to make it easier when you need to do it, so Spinels and Divine Protection (and even elements) are pretty useful for those "new master level characters".

--

As a sidenote, I personally don't think new skill points are needed, and even the ones Dapara sells are a mistake as it is. What's the point of skill trees (some with skills for clearly different roles) if you eventually get points needed to fill it up and become a character that can do everything?

#8 kingdenboo

kingdenboo

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:28 AM

so how do I even farm those goddess token of gratitude? mlvl 22 here and I asked numerous times in different chats and no onw knows lol. I really want that costume

#9 Adeodatus

Adeodatus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:17 AM

so how do I even farm those goddess token of gratitude? mlvl 22 here and I asked numerous times in different chats and no onw knows lol. I really want that costume

Easy: Buy a hunting quest scroll from the NPCs introduced during the questline (the ones standing around in the Dayr Desert; I don't know if there is one for ML 20+ there,too,though ) and finish the killing request to get some Token of Gratitude. I don't think you can use the hunting quest scrolls for quests with a lower target level than your current level, so you might have to look for a scroll seller on another map for your specific level range to start earning your Token of Gratitude.

#10 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• 1084 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:07 PM

Easy: Buy a hunting quest scroll from the NPCs introduced during the questline (the ones standing around in the Dayr Desert; I don't know if there is one for ML 20+ there,too,though ) and finish the killing request to get some Token of Gratitude. I don't think you can use the hunting quest scrolls for quests with a lower target level than your current level, so you might have to look for a scroll seller on another map for your specific level range to start earning your Token of Gratitude.

Short answer: you don't. The scrolls are for starting ML characters to have extra help when leveling up, so they only go up to ML21. Goddess tokens aren't meant to be intentionally farmed by players that have already gone past that map.

#11 HokaHoka

HokaHoka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:17 PM

I at least wanna know what would happen to Saintess Aione....

#12 Rykum

Rykum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:41 PM

I at least wanna know what would happen to Saintess Aione....

Spoiler

#13 Adeodatus

Adeodatus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:39 PM

Short answer: you don't. The scrolls are for starting ML characters to have extra help when leveling up, so they only go up to ML21. Goddess tokens aren't meant to be intentionally farmed by players that have already gone past that map.

Good thing to know. Seems like advanced ML players have to wait for the next part of the goddess questline to breeze through ML 20+ and earn Token of Gratitude.

#14 Xaellis

Xaellis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:52 AM

What if we wanted to get the costumes and we're above ml21?

Edited by Xaellis, 17 April 2017 - 01:53 AM.

#15 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• 1084 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:53 AM

What if we wanted to get the costumes and we're above ml21?

I just went to check this in-game to be sure, but the costumes don't seem to be bound to characters so they can be freely traded. You can either buy them in the AH or just get them with an alt.

The purpose of the update isn't to have higher leveled characters going back to Dayr to farm tokens after all.

Edited by faku1810, 17 April 2017 - 02:54 AM.

#16 Xaellis

Xaellis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:13 PM

I just went to check this in-game to be sure, but the costumes don't seem to be bound to characters so they can be freely traded. You can either buy them in the AH or just get them with an alt.

The purpose of the update isn't to have higher leveled characters going back to Dayr to farm tokens after all.

Ah, I see. Thanks Faku!

#17 AnjoDruida

AnjoDruida

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:29 AM

The only Offering Scrolls available are the ones for ML 1 to 7?
I can't find anywhere more for above ML 7.

#18 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:24 AM

The only Offering Scrolls available are the ones for ML 1 to 7?
I can't find anywhere more for above ML 7.

there is one near the gate that conects the dog tribes with golem/sanmdan that ask u to kill dogs, and there is another a bit further between this gate and the mucas, that ask u to kill different mobs, like muka, deserter, etc. Those are the ones I know about, idk if there are others ;)

Edited by Clauchy, 26 May 2017 - 08:25 AM.

#19 AnjoDruida

AnjoDruida

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:36 AM

there is one near the gate that conects the dog tribes with golem/sanmdan that ask u to kill dogs, and there is another a bit further between this gate and the mucas, that ask u to kill different mobs, like muka, deserter, etc. Those are the ones I know about, idk if there are others ;)

Thanks!  :lv:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users