Classic Treasure Cache System Guide - Tier 2 Update - Work In Progress - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic Treasure Cache System Guide - Tier 2 Update - Work In Progress

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#26 aaadvanced

aaadvanced

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:45 AM

Slotted Elemental Armors [1], Mailbreakers, Sword Breakers, Executioners, Tirfling, Dragon Slayer, Grand Cross, Bone Plate [1],

Please remove some items which do not make sense like Falchon [4] nobody uses them -.-

Edited by aaadvanced, 26 April 2017 - 01:55 PM.

#27 MrWhisp

MrWhisp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationChicago, USA
  • Server:iRO - Classic Loki

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:10 PM

• Key Sources
    • ​Bronze
      • Quests(retroactive awarding possible for characters that already completed the quests)
        • First Class Job Changes 
        • Second Class Class Job Changes 

So... how one can get the keys for the completed quests ? I have tried to talk to both, Archer Guildsman and Sherin, with my hunter and neither gave me the key.

#28 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:49 AM

another idea to ease the RNG with the hat certs..... a cert trader, trade in 3? certs and get a random cert. i know i would use it.

#29 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:00 AM

tbh the certs come at a pretty high rate, I think they should be tradeable tho 

#30 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:29 PM

im talking about geting the cert you want. and every week with the release of a new cert the table gets longer and longer. have you done the math xellikins? ill re post it if need be. but to my math (admittedly might be a bit off) its gonna be stupid trying to get a hat cert you want. aand then upgrading it. at least once the system is finished... if the system gets finished.

#31 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:33 AM

another idea to ease the RNG with the hat certs..... a cert trader, trade in 3? certs and get a random cert. i know i would use it.

Maybe like a cert version of granma boxter? Point system for unwanted certs where you can reroll them to a random new one?

#32 Valarauka

Valarauka

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:56 AM

Even better would be something like having 5 different certs like cert A,B,C,D,E and every time they add a hat they just add it to one of the different categories, that way you still have a random element to it but like me your not sitting on 4BFG certs that you will probably never make while still not getting a chewing gum cert

#33 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:56 AM

im talking about geting the cert you want. and every week with the release of a new cert the table gets longer and longer. have you done the math xellikins? ill re post it if need be. but to my math (admittedly might be a bit off) its gonna be stupid trying to get a hat cert you want. aand then upgrading it. at least once the system is finished... if the system gets finished.

I did better, I trialed the system. I have tons of certs from my playing with it. 1500kp worth max of keys. 

sLFwrFS.pngj9WnOED.png

And only this week I used my ONE job change key on my new char and popped out an EMH cert. Honestly, the certs are at a REALLY high rate. 

Not getting the one you want is a bummer, but it's a good way to motivate the economy, isn't it? That's why they should make the certs tradeable. 

#34 JGkush

JGkush

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:32 AM

Quick question: How many Well-dried bones do i actually need for the Wolf hat? (Frank and Cert say 2, but when i go to Frank he says I'm missing well dried bores =/)

#35 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:45 PM

one job key? lucky lucky. 

the certs should prolly be trade/vend able. it would solve my issue and stimulate the econ quite a bit. it's the easy answer. (i already know players doing deals like "X" mill and the parts for a hat, effectively buying the cert.) 

#36 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Posted 06 May 2017 - 02:37 PM

I think the cert trade-in is a good idea.  It might not be necessary to make them tradeable if that were done.  I think WP has already mentioned they are against unbinding them because it may incentivize botting if they can be easily converted into zeny on the market. 

Like Xellie said, the rate of getting a random cert is pretty high now.  So it's really just a game of grinding til you get the one you want.  A cert trade-in npc, even if its 3 to 1, would help out legit players and wouldn't help out people willing to bot.  Hunting the items is enough work in my opinion.

On a side note, I would just recommend roughing out a tier 3 box before finalizing tier 2.  There are some items and cards currently in tier 2 that would fit much better in the highest tier (Orleans Glove sticks out the most).

#37 aaadvanced

aaadvanced

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:45 PM

orleans glove isn't even that OP... 3% matk.... when you got 20% resist valk shields -_-... soon with glorious rings hwiz will be useless (no dmg from meteor storm, storm gust)

don't cry about orleans gloves -_- when theres a skull cap in the box that adds more matk..

& with all those items imagine the chance of getting 1....

#38 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:06 PM

While I'd prefer they were tradable I totally understand the reason why they're not. I just find it more interesting to go make the item myself than hand items and zeny to someone with a certificate to get it made.

The big problem I see here is as they keep getting added you're going to have a large array of things to receive, so if you want one of those hats that need to be upgraded you're going to be digging for a long long long time to get what you want. A trade in/exchange system where you can be a little more focused would be nice, or at least split the boxes up so you can have 5-10 certs in this box and 5-10 in another.

#39 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:47 AM

ya, you got it themes.

making them trade able is just the "quick fix" solution. tbh i would like to see the hat certs broken into three drop tables for three boxes. to help the future rng once all the hats have certs.

however, there's still the inventory problem. well making them trade able is a possible solution, i would prefer a trade in system. sim to granny boxer or whatever her name is.

i could get more detailed.... or come up with other ideas. but its hard to draw anything out with too much detail when i dont actually know what the "plan" internally is.

the staff knows some of us ONLY play classic, right?

right?

right?

#40 deesrojournal

deesrojournal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Twitter:ggdeeofficial
  • Server:iRO RE:Start Odin

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:53 PM

where do you trade in the certs? can't find the dude in morroc.

#41 aaadvanced

aaadvanced

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:00 PM

middle morroc close by the tool dealer

#42 RodrigoSan

RodrigoSan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:57 PM

Quick question: How many Well-dried bones do i actually need for the Wolf hat? (Frank and Cert say 2, but when i go to Frank he says I'm missing well dried bores =/)

You need to have 3 in the inventory, but Frank uses 2...

#43 aaadvanced

aaadvanced

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:07 PM

seems like the coding was done by people who do not know what proofreading coding is

i guess it was just copy paste & simple editing, but they couldn't get that right either lol

#44 Ozallia

Ozallia

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 458 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:14 PM

You need to have 3 in the inventory, but Frank uses 2...

This will be fixed in the next maintenance.

#45 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:42 PM

unfortunately the classic client is not friendly with new code. its just a finicky, stitched together server. the best we can do is let them know when something dont work, and let them tinker with it till the server say "ok, i'll do that now".. lol.

i'm sure it's just as frustrating for the devs. :thumb2:  

#46 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:43 PM

• MVPs (MVP Reward) - MVP Rewarded Keys can be traded going forward as of 2/2/2017
    • Eddga
    • Hatii
    • Stormy Knight
    • Tao Gunka
    • Amon Ra
    • Dracula
    • Golden Thief Bug
    • Phreeoni
    • Atroce
    • Lady Tanee
    • Mistress
    • Moonlight Flower
    • Osiris
    • Drake
    • Pharaoh
    • Turtle General
    • Maya
    • Gopinch
    • Doppelganger
    • Egnigem Cenia
    • Kiel-D-01
    • Orc Hero
    • Evil Snake Lord
    • Samurai Specter
    • Vesper
    • Gloom Under Night
    • White Lady
    • Fallen Bishop
    • Baphomet
    • Dark Lord
    • Detardeurus
    • Ifrit
    • Lord of the Dead
    • Orc Lord
    • RSX 0806
    • Valkyrie Randgris
    • Wounded Morocc
    • Beelzebub

Is not dropping MVP Key from Eddga. Check please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users