Classic Treasure Cache System Guide - Tier 2 Update - Work In Progress - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic Treasure Cache System Guide - Tier 2 Update - Work In Progress

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#1 Ozallia

Ozallia

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 458 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:58 AM

rpTapeN.png

e20TlhA.png
  • In order to provide a system that allows active players to earn item mall consumables and headgears from playing the game.
  • How: Defeat Cache Mimics while adventuring. Take the treasure caches they drop and a Bronze, Silver, or Gold Key to the Key Master NPC in Asgard Village (Exact Location) to receive buffs and rewards.
YNfynEh.png
  • Access to Asgard Village
tZsvzNv.png
  • Keys
    • Bronze Keys award one roll on the reward table when opening a treasure cache
    • Silver Keys award two rolls on the reward table when opening a treasure cache
    • Gold Keys award three rolls on the reward table when opening a treasure cache and one of these rolls will always award an uncommon+item
  • Key Sources
    • ​Bronze
      • Quests(retroactive awarding possible for characters that already completed the quests)
        • First Class Job Changes 
        • Second Class Class Job Changes 
        • Transcendent Quest
        • Sign Quest
        • Nameless Island Quest
      • MVPs (MVP Reward) - MVP Rewarded Keys can be traded going forward as of 2/2/2017
        • Eddga
        • Hatii
        • Stormy Knight
        • Tao Gunka
        • Amon Ra
        • Dracula
        • Golden Thief Bug
        • Phreeoni
        • Atroce
        • Lady Tanee
        • Mistress
        • Moonlight Flower
        • Osiris
        • Drake
        • Pharaoh
        • Turtle General
        • Maya
        • Gopinch
        • Doppelganger
        • Egnigem Cenia
        • Kiel-D-01
        • Orc Hero
        • Evil Snake Lord
        • Samurai Specter
        • Vesper
        • Gloom Under Night
        • White Lady
        • Fallen Bishop
        • Baphomet
        • Dark Lord
        • Detardeurus
        • Ifrit
        • Lord of the Dead
        • Orc Lord
        • RSX 0806
        • Valkyrie Randgris
        • Wounded Morocc
        • Beelzebub
    • Silver
      • Classic Community Events
    • Gold
      • Item Mall
  • List of maps with the special spawns.

• Cache Mimics

v9SgOti.png
  • Tier 1 Box
    Spoiler

• Tier 2 Box
    Spoiler
As you can see the system is still a work in progress. Tier 2 has a rough draft of card and items to be available which is one of the most intensive portions of these boxes. We're still working on Common and Rare items and the percentages for them for Tier 2 boxes.

Link to previous thread: https://forums.warpp...rk-in-progress/

#2 eboaroli

eboaroli

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:20 AM

reserved

#3 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:20 AM

Yo mvp card dropping from Tier 2

• Hatii Card

I expect a free Hatii card for pointing out this mistake. 

#4 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:23 AM

2 mvp cards  evil snake lord & hati on the list i will accept a +10 kvm fist as compensation no less

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:25 AM

no screw you give me a +10 KVM katar

#6 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:31 AM

While some cards are ok(take out these mvps -.-) there are some that should be pushed for the rare drops.

#7 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

Maybe it's not such a bad idea.... Maybe they should stay? G9J4pKy.gif

#8 Audea

Audea

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:33 AM

Some of the cards and gear seem a bit much for the level 2 cache, don't you think? I know the drop table is pretty large and the caches will be a little harder to gather, but getting things like Orleans Gloves..

I'm assuming the MVP cards are mistakes, but what does this leave for the high tier caches? Mini boss and mvps?

#9 Ozallia

Ozallia

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 458 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:07 PM

MVP cards removed.

As for what will be left these lists are drawn from monsters by level tier (Then gone through by hand which is why sometimes things leak through). In this case this list is based off the 51-80 level monster range. Tier 3 items and cards will be based off level 81-99 monster drop tables.

#10 Audea

Audea

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:20 PM

Why have cards and some of this gear in the first place? Shouldn't they be consumables and headgear certs?

Maybe I don't understand the purpose of the caches...

#11 Indalecio

Indalecio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:12 PM

I noticed that the uncommon drops list is significantly larger for tier 2 than it is for tier 1. If you haven't already, I would at least take a look at what you'll have available for the tier 3 cards/gears since there aren't going to be as many monsters in the 81-99 range to draw from (the iRO Wiki DB only lists 33 non-MVP). You may want to move some things up from tier 2 to tier 3, maybe just by lowering the level range to compensate.

As far as the items themselves go, Orleans's Glove [1] really doesn't belong in tier 2. This is a fairly rare and expensive gear and you need to be level 90 to even equip it. I would argue that the Alice, Abysmal Knight, and Gemini-S58 cards should be bumped up as well, if only for their value. I probably missed some things, but those stood out to me.

Will you need to appropriate another mob id for the tier 2 treasure cache monster like you did with Amon Ra's Mimics?

#12 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:21 PM

I noticed that the uncommon drops list is significantly larger for tier 2 than it is for tier 1. If you haven't already, I would at least take a look at what you'll have available for the tier 3 cards/gears since there aren't going to be as many monsters in the 81-99 range to draw from (the iRO Wiki DB only lists 33 non-MVP). You may want to move some things up from tier 2 to tier 3, maybe just by lowering the level range to compensate.

As far as the items themselves go, Orleans's Glove [1] really doesn't belong in tier 2. This is a fairly rare and expensive gear and you need to be level 90 to even equip it. I would argue that the Alice, Abysmal Knight, and Gemini-S58 cards should be bumped up as well, if only for their value. I probably missed some things, but those stood out to me.

Will you need to appropriate another mob id for the tier 2 treasure cache monster like you did with Amon Ra's Mimics?

This is a good post.

There should be many other unused "Ghost" monsters they can use instead, see this post.

#13 Davidmangam47

Davidmangam47

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:14 AM

Um question..

Why put items like silk robe[1], axe[4], padded armor[1] in tier 2 and not tier 1?

And yes some cards are too much for tier 2. ^_^

#14 Audea

Audea

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:40 PM

Exactly! If you absolutely have to include gear and cards, at least make it reasonable. The caches were supposed to "provide a system that allows active players to earn item mall consumables and headgears from playing the game", kind of like a lucky box. Not provide a way to gamble for rare items that can be hunted. 

What does this leave for high tier caches? Sword guardian cards, valk shields, and diabolus rings?

#15 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:41 PM

I thought ghost monsters were a dead end?

-Sprite Issue, today we discovered that for these G_MONSTERNAME type monsters they are hardcoded to look for the base monster sprite in the client and will NOT look for their own unique sprite. Possible solution for next week, we will replace all of our G_Monstername candidate sprites with a test sprite and figure out which are usable for our purpose. It may be that none of them are if this is true we will need to figure out where to source more monsters (looking at you Drops, Picky)

#16 Rastaban

Rastaban

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:23 PM

Serious question, why are red/yellow potions even rewards?
Anybody who has obtained a bronze key is guaranteed to be past the point where those items are even useful, and anybody who spent KP on gold keys is just going to feel cheated.

May I suggest taking a similar approach to the old Raffler NPC and rewarding things like WSS (and potentially other GSB loot) to the "losers", that way they don't feel like they just completely wasted their time and/or money.

#17 aaadvanced

aaadvanced

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:11 AM

I agree GSB seems more appropriate vs Red/Yellow potions

Orleans Glove, Alice, Gemini cards are fine as a drop, no whining here :D

GM please consider adding Hugel medals (100-500ea) as a drop so us players can obtain gear such as elemental armors [1] & other hugel prizes

Edited by aaadvanced, 15 April 2017 - 08:16 AM.

#18 Audea

Audea

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:34 AM

I agree GSB seems more appropriate vs Red/Yellow potions

Orleans Glove, Alice, Gemini cards are fine as a drop, no whining here :D

GM please consider adding Hugel medals (100-500ea) as a drop so us players can obtain gear such as elemental armors [1] & other hugel prizes

This is just going to be repetition of what I've already said, but I'd have to strongly disagree with your 2nd point. They even say right in the original post the purpose of these boxes was to offer headgears and consumables to new players - a hat from an old lucky box can now be obtained by gathering items and a certificate.

Why put regular equipment and cards in them at all? Would honestly like an answer for this. These items can be obtained in game. I doubt we'll see a ton of any of them hit the market since the list is so large, but it feels like this project has lost focus. Are the mid and high tier caches going to even include any headgear certs?

#19 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:25 PM

Yep. Honestly I'd prefer the boxes only contained things that were not available currently ingame, which mostly comes down to Hats and you could probably add misc stuff like the slotted elemental armors to that list too. But obviously you're going to need some filler items. Putting actual end game gear that is currently available through traditional methods is not a good idea.

There's also a pretty wide range of power in that list of items, from a Katana to Orleans Glove with pretty much everything in between.

#20 aaadvanced

aaadvanced

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:22 PM

not everyone wants to grind some people rather spend $ and buy keys & obtain their items

#21 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:21 AM

Slotted mids really NEED to make a return, somehow. 

#22 aaadvanced

aaadvanced

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:33 PM

Slotted mids really NEED to make a return, somehow. 

isnt bfg [1] in the cache box still? i got 6 certs sititng in storage.. what you talking about 0.0

#23 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:35 PM

people like to be able to match the mids they already have, to create complete gearsets

#24 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:32 PM

isnt bfg [1] in the cache box still? i got 6 certs sititng in storage.. what you talking about 0.0

Some look more cute with elven ears than bfg, js. We are playing cute hats online afterall.

#25 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:20 AM

this was o.g. posted september 2016. the questions i ask here would be a good starting point. im not taking the time to update it to current info. so understand this was posted the week after we were told the list of box contents and monsters would be posted the following week. again september 2016. i'm sure i've posted better ideas/input. but going thru a year of my posts to find it wasnt a fun idea.so what i did do is highlight sections that i think need dev attention.

:p_swt:

Treasure Cache System
:bash:<(me trying to get my pc to be nice to me) 

will these be every map? or will concideration be taken for maps that have to be visited for first job change quests, janeways, ect.

•  
  • what are map lvls in classic, and how do you define high,med,and low lvl ranges?
    • Tier 3 will be in high level area?
    • Tier 1 will be in low level areas?( most "content" below lvl 70 and non reborn isnt really used outside of questing and some material gathering gsbs dont cover)
      • Treasure Caches are account bound(good)
  • Keys
    • ​All keys are character bound.(should be account, prolly pointless tho you can move the boxes)
      • Bronze Keys can be obtained from the following
        • MVPs     (eh? this should most likely be silver.....but we will see based on whats in them)
        • Certain Quests (Sign, Job Changes)     any chance on getting keys for the job changes we have already done?
        • Certain Seasonal Events
        • bronze keys should be a possible drop from "forcing" open a box.
      • Silver Keys can be obtained from the following events
        • Community Participation in Events, forum events, or live stream events
        • Give aways
        • Some other way.... not sure how..... but at least one hard in game way
      • Gold Keys can be obtained fromThe item mall current working price is 25-50 pts (cool, ya have to keep the server up)

more details in examples

Example Tier 1 Box

Common [90%]

i would actually put small quantity gsb loot here, my reasoning being... new guilds do need a way to supply up the first few runs... and tell me honestly are you going to put good stuff in tier one? but make sure its actually use-able as a source for it IF you chose that route.

Uncommon [9%]

if you put cards in these boxes... we need to discuss what should come from tier 1, 2, 3... just like hats, certain cards are actually worth useing/selling/getting/farming for. 

i would actually suggest scraping the card thing all together and use uncommon for gear only, or gear and kafra consumables.  

Rare [1%]

looks good, however i would come up with a complete list of hats, and open a community discussion on placeing them in tiers. my proposal would be cute hats tier 1, useful hats tier 2, and best for job or best in slot hats tier 3, i'd also like to offer the idea of three kinds of hat coupons, instead of a new one for each hat. you would still have to write out a quest hunt for each one, and man.. it could take a while. but if im right the current proposal of hat/treasure systems would already require that.

Cute Hat Quest Coupons

Battle Manual

Bubble Gum

+5 Stat Food

Elemental Rental Tokens

Example Tier 2 Box

Common [90%]

stat food mats could go here

Uncommon [9%]

up to 81 gear? is that just non reborn?

Rare [1%]

Effect Hat Quest Coupons

Example Tier 3 Box

Common [90%]

has to be some kafra consumes at least ...  well somewhere

Uncommon [9%]

how high lvl gear are we going? tbh if you do the math... you could take it to the top and the actual roll chance of someone getting something op as all el is very slim....

Rare [1%]

Best for job or Best in slot Hat Quest Coupons

Edited by lxst, 22 April 2017 - 08:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users