Tired of spamming rc using /q2 - Page 2 - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Tired of spamming rc using /q2

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#26 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:53 PM

Where can I find this autohotkey? There are different results that come up when I google it. Most of them are sketchy.

Edited by mikkotinamide, 20 April 2017 - 01:53 PM.

#27 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:53 PM

https://autohotkey.com/download/

#28 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:54 PM

My (old) version is literally exactly the same as what you had, but with F7 and 50ms sleep. Send works for my equipment swaps. It doesnt work for skills or pots.

Edit: When I say send, I mean direct send. (no press delay from down and up)

Yes but you would have done something wrong for it not to work. That's how programming works.

#29 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:58 PM

I know how programming works, as I program basically daily in MATLAB. The script works fine. If I replace F7 with d, and open up word, it spams fine. Ragnarok, however, will not recognize it. If I use w for the hotkey, and put a skill on w, it wont use the skill. If I hit enter, it will spam w in the chat box. Skills and pots, for whatever reason, will not spam in RO without a press to release delay. I figured that it was universal for everyone, but perhaps it is something locally. But the fact still remains that there is no problem with the script. RO simply wont use the skills without a press release delay. And having a delay costs you nothing, because even with a total of 60ms per loop, you will be above ASPD.

#30 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:10 PM

I know how programming works, as I program basically daily in MATLAB. The script works fine. If I replace F7 with d, and open up word, it spams fine. Ragnarok, however, will not recognize it. If I use w for the hotkey, and put a skill on w, it wont use the skill. If I hit enter, it will spam w in the chat box. Skills and pots, for whatever reason, will not spam in RO without a press to release delay. I figured that it was universal for everyone, but perhaps it is something locally. But the fact still remains that there is no problem with the script. RO simply wont use the skills without a press release delay. And having a delay costs you nothing, because even with a total of 60ms per loop, you will be above ASPD.

That's because you are just using Send, d or Send, w, this sends what the key IS and not what it serves.

The reason why your script is subpar by comparison is that it does not take into account lag, which mine does. It allows for the lag to occur whilst not losing any attacks per second.

Yours will have a larger delay from the time in the script as well as they size of the script itself. You can get around 5 hits per second at 190 ASPD with no cast delay reductions, your script would drop to 3 ~ 4 during a lag spike.

If your script was "exactly" like mine, it would work. The only thing local that would be incorrect would be your administrative settings. Running as admin solves that. If you were not using any of the f keys to achieve this, then no doubt you were using AHK incorrectly when sending the others such as d or w, which work in the two different ways as mentioned above.

#31 Raphat

Raphat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • LocationColombia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:12 PM

Is scripting macros now allowed in iRO (and I lvled till 172 spamming like a retard?)....

#32 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:13 PM

As long as it doesnt automate your character it is fine.

#33 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:13 PM

Is scripting macros now allowed in iRO (and I lvled till 172 spamming like a retard?)....

It's usually a straight forward NO, but in RC case it is a grey area. Because kRO patched it's RC to be cast while holding the button down.

iRO doesn't have this update and won't for a while due to kRO's inability to document its updates.

For anything else, just assume it's a big fat NO.

If you set it so RC was going without any constant physical contact, then it would be absolutely 100% illegal.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 20 April 2017 - 02:15 PM.

#34 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:15 PM

How, exactly, does it not take into account lag? You are completely off base, as it works just the same, lag or not. And during a slag spike, you actually think that 16.7 hits per second will drop to 3-4, and yours, of 20 hits per second, will perform better? Then you are quite delusional, sorry. And the script is longer by a few lines of code, not anything that any modern computer (or even any computer from the last 20 years...) would notice. The difference in run speed between two extra lines is likely down in the nanoseconds.

And since I tried with direct scripts like yours before modifying it to fix the issue, and that I still manage gear swaps fine with direct sends, like you have, I am partial to claim that I am using it just fine, as I have done with AHK for literally years.

#35 Raphat

Raphat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • LocationColombia

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:18 PM

It's usually a straight forward NO, but in RC case it is a grey area. Because kRO patched it's RC to be cast while holding the button down.

iRO doesn't have this update and won't for a while due to kRO's inability to document its updates.

For anything else, just assume it's a big fat NO.

If you set it so RC was going without any constant physical contact, then it would be absolutely 100% illegal.

Thank you for the answer, at least I will have 2 more levels to avoid getting tired of more than 40 mins leveling.

#36 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:19 PM

As far as if it is ok or not, I asked directly in the rule thread, and was confirmed that it was just fine.

#37 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:23 PM

How, exactly, does it not take into account lag? You are completely off base, as it works just the same, lag or not. And during a slag spike, you actually think that 16.7 hits per second will drop to 3-4, and yours, of 20 hits per second, will perform better? Then you are quite delusional, sorry. And the script is longer by a few lines of code, not anything that any modern computer (or even any computer from the last 20 years...) would notice. The difference in run speed between two extra lines is likely down in the nanoseconds.

And since I tried with direct scripts like yours before modifying it to fix the issue, and that I still manage gear swaps fine with direct sends, like you have, I am partial to claim that I am using it just fine, as I have done with AHK for literally years.

Rolling Cutter has a 0.2second delay, due to the fact that you have twice as much time to trigger the key, it doubles the time in which to act, and during a lag spike it can make the reaction time skip a beat. 30ms is literally the best you can get in terms of reaction versus constant after-thought button spamming. And yes we are talking small fractions, but it all counts. Lag spikes drastically change the reaction of RC and the macro needs to be able to recover as BEST as possible.

I am not saying yours doesn't do the job, I am saying mine works better.

And re trying the script like mine, it clearly wasn't exactly the same. Mine works, it works for me, for many others and no issues have been had. If it didn't work for you, you literally did something wrong. There is no white washing this fact.

Thank you for the answer, at least I will have 2 more levels to avoid getting tired of more than 40 mins leveling.

I leveled my GX without the macro, and yeah it is HORRIBLE on your fingers.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 20 April 2017 - 02:24 PM.

#38 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:30 PM

Ok, you can keep on believing that. A direct copy and paste of yours does not work here. Just as my gear swaps on w and r work fine, but when I put a skill on them, they dont. (my gear swaps are on direct, not with delayed press) Skill on, doesnt work, gear on, does work. Pot on, doesnt work, gear on, does work. And as I mentioned, since it will type in the RO chat window, but not use the skills, it seems pretty obvious that RO is capable of seeing the presses, and that it is working just fine. The client (or server, perhaps) however, doesnt seem to like it being an instantaneous press and release.

And back to your point about lag, there is no difference. I can change my sleep after the skill to 20ms, and we have the same total delay. But lets look at 60 vs 30. At the absolute worst, according to your unsubstantiated claim of how lag works here, lag would drop at the exactly right moment so that it misses the up response. It wastes a loop, and must wait until the next loop through to fire. So 60ms goes to 120ms. 120ms is still 8.333 times a second. Still well above what the skill can be fired at.

#39 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:35 PM

mike is right

#40 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:41 PM

Thanks! 

For the ahk rc, will it have any problems on not being able to maximize your aspd? also, will latency/ping affect your rc delay using this?

#41 Raphat

Raphat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • LocationColombia

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:53 PM

Thanks! 

For the ahk rc, will it have any problems on not being able to maximize your aspd? also, will latency/ping affect your rc delay using this?

I saw a video of a guy making some test, he got the exact same results with 190 aspd and 193 aspd for RC.

Although it was in a long time using the skill. 193 had more consistency but the hit per frame at the end were the same (3.9 hits per second).

Edited by Raphat, 20 April 2017 - 04:20 PM.

#42 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:02 PM

That's munbalanced. He's from n***ro. Though I don't know if there's a difference between kRO and iRO's RC delay.

#43 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:50 PM

It is different, and not what happens on kRO and iRO
Also dont link illegal servers here.

#44 Raphat

Raphat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • LocationColombia

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:20 PM

Deleted link. 

#45 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:35 PM

It is different, and not what happens on kRO and iRO

what is different?

#46 KingZero2016

KingZero2016

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:31 PM

I have a customized gaming mouse so I just gotta hold a button and I never actually have to touch my keyboard

Same here.

Tho sometimes my gx wont stop spinning even after i let the button go. Always end up dying on archers on ogh whenever this happens.

#47 aentunei

aentunei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 893 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom Computer Center
  • Server:InternationalRedAlert6

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:44 PM

good thing i have a mini tread mill for my fingers

oh yes a macro autohotkey i forgot about that since 2010
thx to this post oh yeah now i can spam wohooo

#48 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 30 April 2017 - 02:29 PM

thanks nir was much easier than i thought to add script o-o 

#49 FT15

FT15

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationKanto Region from Planet Korhal - Koprulu Sector

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:14 PM

$f6::
	While(GetKeyState("f6","P"))
	{
		Send, {F6}
		Sleep, 30
	}
Return

im just wondering what command is that sleep, 30. 

is that like a delay of 30ms for every autohotkey press?

Is that the optimal setting as RC has 0.2s skill delay right?

#50 Raphat

Raphat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • LocationColombia

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:14 PM

im just wondering what command is that sleep, 30. 

is that like a delay of 30ms for every autohotkey press?

Is that the optimal setting as RC has 0.2s skill delay right?

Mine had 20 and sometimes it kept spamming and dcing, changed to 30 and now it works perfectly. 

Don't know why though...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users