Please Make Blacksmiths Forging Decent Again! [Classic and Renewal] - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Please Make Blacksmiths Forging Decent Again! [Classic and Renewal]

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 CleanWaterDev

CleanWaterDev

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:55 PM

I just became a Full Forger Blacksmith on Classic Loki. I felt really cheated when I looked at the item prices to forge level 1 weapons and the amount of items to expend forging then. Not to count the % failure chances!

It's insane all the hard work you have to go to become a Blacksmith just to discover that...

A Knife [3] costs 50z in the NPC store, but if you want to forge the very same knife with no slots, you will expend:

1* Iron Hammer - 1000z

1* Iron - 50z (to sell on NPC stores)

10* Jellopies - 3z each (to sell on NPC stores)

Then, you will expend a total of 1160z to forge the very same 50z Knife with no slots, if and only IF the forge attempt doesn't fail. I could buy over 200 Knife [3] with this money, and with the Discount Skill even more!

Even if I decide to put elemental stones or Star Crumbs on this Knife, I can achieve much better effects putting 3 cards and enchanting the 50z Knife[3] from the NPC store!

The same goes for every other weapon from any level! The production costs for each is absurdly ilogic!! It's supposed to be cheaper to forge your own equipment than buying it in NPC stores.

Selling them to make some profit then is simply impossible. I can make much more money selling all my ores, anvils, hammers, furnaces and all the stuff required to forge on NPC stores, to buy NPC weapons with card slots, than selling my own forged weapons.

The Iron Hammers should be something like 10z. And even so, buying a weapon from the NPC shop still would be more cheap than forging.

The forge attempts should be always 100% success rate for any weapon level, even if adding an elemental stone. Even so, there are better options out there.

Forged weapons, since they are slotless, should always be stronger (much more stronger) than NPC weapons. It could be based on job level maybe, and be permanent (unlike the current blacksmith raking system). If each job level added +1 Atk on any forged weapon would be a big start. Then, adding Star Crumbs and elemental stones would be worth as a bonus on these weapons.

The skills, instead of adding more success rate, should add more Atk bonus on the weapons as well.

It's really that hard to change some values in the next updates? Or maybe to ask Gravity to consider these changes?

If not doing anything about it is because you are afraid to break the P2W formula... Adding Kafra items for forgers (like Special boxes with elemental stones and Star Crumbs) could do the trick. Then let all the farming to poor players. It still would make things balanced for both sides.

Edited by CleanWaterDev, 26 April 2017 - 09:46 AM.

#2 CleanWaterDev

CleanWaterDev

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:34 PM

Edited with new suggestions.

#3 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:13 PM

They should completely change it. Forging is archaic and useless.

#4 CleanWaterDev

CleanWaterDev

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:43 AM

They should completely change it. Forging is archaic and useless.

Yes! But it shouldn't be archaic and useless if it were more balanced.

Imagine a YourNameHere's Knife with 17+50 Atk (bonus from Job Level). To forge it: just 1 Iron and 1 Jellopy. Then you can add a elemental stone, refine it to +7 (or maybe even +10 if they add a better success rate for Mastersmiths) and sell it for a fair price to newcomers, or maybe even use it with a new created character.

The result is an elemental weapon that anyone can use regardless of level with a total sum of 98 Atk with elemental property. Depending of the monster, the Atk sum would rise to 196 (considering they have 200% of that elemental weakness).

If this forging system is a crap, it's because they are overlooking it!

#5 lyuk091

lyuk091

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 01:19 PM

yeah , i think same thing, should have forging decent for forgers 

#6 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:57 AM

able to forge new weapons like Lindy Hop! imagine "Very Very Very Strong *Insert Your Name here* Lindy Hop" its like oh my...

#7 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Server:iRO Thor

Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:37 PM

Each "very" should give its own +10% attack separate from all other modifiers

#8 CleanWaterDev

CleanWaterDev

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:57 AM

By the way, they also should change the ranking system for blacksmiths too.

Today, the system works as follows...

For Forgers there is a system in which players are ranked based on who can make the most weapons.

• Rank Point +1: For upgrading a Level 1 weapon that the player has forged to +10.
  • Rank Point +10: For successfully creating a Level 3 weapon that contains 3 stones (either 2 Star Crumbs and an Elemental Stone, or three Star Crumbs).
  • Rank Point +25: For upgrading a Level 2 weapon that you have forged to +10.
  • Rank Point +1000: For upgrading a Level 3 weapon that you have forged to +10.

Blacksmith ranks can be checked via usage of /Blacksmith command ingame. A weapon created by ranked Blacksmith will deal an extra +10 Mastery ATK damage.

Instead of +1 to refine a Level 1 Weapon, they should give it for every Level 1 Weapon forged, then +2 for Level 2 Weapons and +3 for Level 3 Weapons, at least.

#9 Budeg

Budeg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:12 AM

This would make being a blacksmith actually worth/fun! I wonder how the item will be handled database-wise though. Do we have enough space for each of these "custom" weapon combination?

#10 CleanWaterDev

CleanWaterDev

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 November 2018 - 09:49 AM

This would make being a blacksmith actually worth/fun! I wonder how the item will be handled database-wise though. Do we have enough space for each of these "custom" weapon combination?

We currently don't have a database for each custom item already. xD

What we have is an article on irowiki.org explaining how the current forging system works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users