• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 ukulelez

ukulelez

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:42 PM

To start off. I have been thoroughly searching the forums for answers but I haven't found enough information that satisfies my questions.

I'm trying to build a GOH sura. while I am aware that full woe set is needed for defensive purposes, I want to know what gears and cards are best for offensive purposes.

a bit of background. I don't know how high my hp would be (end-game wise without tao) and I kinda freak out when my hp reaches half or less for fear that I'd get one-hit by people. so I kinda want to keep my hp a bit above half or three quarters full. Is it possible to kill with one or two GOH (targeting the tankier-classes)? if not, what do I do?

(note: I don't think I can ever afford a Tao Gunka Card or atleast it will be the last thing I buy since it's bloody expensive)

I have CEB (Bungisngis) and CEB (carat) = which one is better for helm?

I plan to switch between Goal tender mask and BDM (Maya Purple)/Handkerchief in Mouth for mid (good idea or not?)

Woe robe with different cards (Ifrit/Marc/Porciello)

Weapon-wise.. I think i'm good. I have both Glorious mace and glorious fist (took a bloody while to get it)

Shield.. I'm using a cranial valk shield at the moment but i'm aiming to get my hands on Imuke

Robe... now this is my problem. I have an Immune WOE muffler but what do I swap it to? what's the best one.. everyone seems to be using different ones.. most common are GFSS, HBP, WOE muffler. Which one is the best?
which card would be the best, offense-wise? Wakwak or GW? (and if I use wakwak on WOE muffler so I can be offensive and still have decent reducts.. is that fine?)

Shoes... I have +9 WOE shoes (firelock). I'm thinking of using temporal vit or str for offense (which one's better? or should I go temp dex???) of course my build would depend on which i use

Accessory.. I have no idea at all what accessory and what card.. at the moment, I'm just using cat hand glove with phen card and hiding evilspirit glove
(RWC is the most preferred based on what I searched but what's an alternative? I don't think I can get my hands on Meningjards or RWCs...)

also, is phen card important in woe? I fear that I will get interrupted by others all the time when I cast sh*t

Thank you! if there are any info that I missed, please ask. I appreciate the help

Edited by ukulelez, 22 April 2017 - 09:47 PM.

#2 9995140418085905013

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:54 PM

Read totalida guide not too bad.

#3 nheil02

nheil02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:45 PM

phen doesn't work in woe. for me CEB(bungisngis) is better if you have access to KVM don't bother using Goal Tender Mask. get Imuke works great... Robe is depends on what your stat is. For accessories use Pendant of Maelstrom.

#4 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:34 PM

I'm trying to build a GOH sura. while I am aware that full woe set is needed for defensive purposes, I want to know what gears and cards are best for offensive purposes.

a bit of background. I don't know how high my hp would be (end-game wise without tao) and I kinda freak out when my hp reaches half or less for fear that I'd get one-hit by people. so I kinda want to keep my hp a bit above half or three quarters full. Is it possible to kill with one or two GOH (targeting the tankier-classes)? if not, what do I do?

60~100k mHP (more w/ friggs, lutie, GT:revit, etc) - depends on setup (gear/stats/buffs/consumables);

even with tao, it can be difficult to get kills vs high reduc and/or high mHP targets - usually takes 2~3 fast (instant or near-instant, low delay) and strong (low cHP and/or high ATK) GoH (may not even kill some w/out lex, strip/masq, dispel, etc); 1 shots still possible vs tanks with 200k+ mHP;

w/out tao, you'd be just fine if the targets are low-medium reduc and/or low mHP and/or don't disable/avoid you fast enough;

if you're not on CC duty, and really want to maximize kills, get your cHP/mHP as low as possible (not too low or RD will cancel), and have insta/fast cast, and low delay;

mHP/VIT buffs, consumables help a lot;

magic strings allow you to spam GoH with high upgrade KvM mace;

otherwise you need variable cast time reducs and use low level GoH to spam (e.g. using +9 bellum arc wand and relying on missing HP for damage);

GoH 1~4 is melee - watch out for reflect; GoH 3 has the same range as 4 but less delay;

(note: I don't think I can ever afford a Tao Gunka Card or atleast it will be the last thing I buy since it's bloody expensive)

I have CEB (Bungisngis) and CEB (carat) = which one is better for helm?

bungisngis for damage, KK for var cast reduc (better if the rest of the setup is aimed at insta/near-insta cast w/out strings) - usually paired with +12 refine;

carat is for gfist; mSP contribution to GoH is minimal;

CEB offers some reduc (not that this matters if low cHP) and ATK mod; turkey is for capitalizing on mHP;

I plan to switch between Goal tender mask and BDM (Maya Purple)/Handkerchief in Mouth for mid (good idea or not?)

goal tender is for ATK (which may not be relevant if using low lvl GoH);

handkerchief is pointless if low cHP (great for high reduc setup when CCing otherwise);

mask of hero would be ideal for more HP, can be paired with jinn marin/etc;

Woe robe with different cards (Ifrit/Marc/Porciello)

avoid ifrit due to water DB and diamond dust; 

porciello's ATK contribution may not even be noticable (and quite useless on a woe robe);

if you want to maximize damage, go for full offense setup with mHP armor such as glorious suit instead;

Weapon-wise.. I think i'm good. I have both Glorious mace and glorious fist (took a bloody while to get it)

+9 KvM fist is just for sacrament effect (i.e. not really needed there's an AB to constantly sacra you);

120 DEX with temp DEX boots and sacrament with +9 bellum arc wand allows for very fast zen and ssa; plus, the +9 wand alone gives -50% var cast for fast GoHs;

for KvM mace, high refine level is preferable (+9~14);

there are other auxilliary weapons - e.g. bellum flail, mdef+8 long mace, 2x 200SP drain maces (for crystallize), 2x thanatos hammer (to lower cHP - quite heavy though (keep an eye on weight for masqs) - could just spam GT:energy gain too but that overrides GT:revit);

dont forget converters;

Shield.. I'm using a cranial valk shield at the moment but i'm aiming to get my hands on Imuke

reducs are always welcome for CC duty;

also, ant egg bradium shield for more HP for full offense setup;

Robe... now this is my problem. I have an Immune WOE muffler but what do I swap it to? what's the best one.. everyone seems to be using different ones.. most common are GFSS, HBP, WOE muffler. Which one is the best?

depends on role/setup; the best are obviously harder to obtain;

woe muffler for high reduc setup;

which card would be the best, offense-wise? Wakwak or GW? (and if I use wakwak on WOE muffler so I can be offensive and still have decent reducts.. is that fine?)

jejeling on GFSS w/ high VIT enchants paired with temp VIT boots for base VIT=120/130;

wakwak is more for TC;

a mix of some offense and some reducs is mediocre in general (really situational - e.g. you exchange hits, starting at 1/2~3/4 cHP and you barely survive at the end);

reducs are irrelevant if low cHP anways; on full offense setup, hit fast and hard first before getting hit at all; rely on mobility/evasion with snap, pneuma, lightning walk;

on the other hand, go full woe set + other reducs to hold CCs more effectively; plan your hotkeys for the most used gears/skills/buffs;

Shoes... I have +9 WOE shoes (firelock). I'm thinking of using temporal vit or str for offense (which one's better? or should I go temp dex???) of course my build would depend on which i use

keep the woe shoes for high reduc setup;

120 DEX, 120/130 VIT is quite good for GoH (DEX boots for fast zen/ssa, switch in to VIT boots for max damage);

Accessory.. I have no idea at all what accessory and what card.. at the moment, I'm just using cat hand glove with phen card and hiding evilspirit glove
(RWC is the most preferred based on what I searched but what's an alternative? I don't think I can get my hands on Meningjards or RWCs...)

phen effect is disabled in woe (dont use at all); GoH is interruptable anyways (yes, even in WoE) so no concern about that;

whatever accessible mHP/var-cast reduc gear is ok;  

if you do go for RWC, the pendant with max spell enchants is the way to go for spamming GoH w/out strings; RWC rings are more for TC (and maybe for lvl 10 GoH with strings)

I fear that I will get interrupted by others all the time when I cast sh*t

this is why aiming for fast cast setup for zen/ssa is a good idea;

Edited by ka10, 23 April 2017 - 11:50 PM.

#5 ukulelez

ukulelez

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

thanks for that! really helpful! :)

Another question though..

120 Dex or 120 vit? which one would be more effective? specially for lvl 10 GOH? if I go 120 Dex but with full vit gears, would I do decent damage? like, kill someone after 2-3 GOH? or it's a fat chance and I should go 120 vit? (thought of this cause even with RWC with spell and +12 GFSS, cast time is crap.. or atleast I don't know if it'll be too slow or fast enough in WOE)

again, thank you!

#6 balugajaimee

balugajaimee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:46 PM

you can go 120 dex and 120 vit at the same time

Edited by balugajaimee, 21 May 2017 - 05:47 PM.

#7 balugajaimee

balugajaimee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:49 PM

Lol you wouldn't be needing cast reduction gears if you have enough int/dex for stat instacast/fastcast. Preferably rwc rings by default. and I don't really suggest going low hp during woe especially without a sac RG. You will die to almost anything, even random trash arrow storm will kill you if you dont have enough reducs+ low chp.

#8 ukulelez

ukulelez

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:51 PM

you can go 120 dex and 120 vit at the same time

wouldn't that be a waste of points? (legit question. not critism)

(I have 2 sets of RWC.. 2 pendants with spell enchant and 2 rings with FS enchant which should I default if I go dex route and which if I go vit route)

I'm scared that if I go the dex route, I'd fail cause I wouldn't be able to kill even if I can cast 2-3 fast GOH cause my damage and max hp will be too low

I'm scared that if I go vit route, I'd just get interuppted all the time and won't even be able to get my skills in. hahah

I know it won't be possible to 1 hit without tao so i'm not looking for one hitting but I do want to kill (I could be overthinking this hahaha)

#9 aetuzi

aetuzi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:18 PM

wouldn't that be a waste of points? (legit question. not critism)

(I have 2 sets of RWC.. 2 pendants with spell enchant and 2 rings with FS enchant which should I default if I go dex route and which if I go vit route)

I'm scared that if I go the dex route, I'd fail cause I wouldn't be able to kill even if I can cast 2-3 fast GOH cause my damage and max hp will be too low

I'm scared that if I go vit route, I'd just get interuppted all the time and won't even be able to get my skills in. hahah

I know it won't be possible to 1 hit without tao so i'm not looking for one hitting but I do want to kill (I could be overthinking this hahaha)

Yes 120dex+120Vit is pretty silly in WoE.

Depends what this GOH sura of yours is for.

WoE: 120 Vit for survivability, limit dex to 100 - dont do 130 vit... extra points are better in str/luk for a bit masq resist, and flexibility to TC/fist

PvP: 120 Dex + temp dex boots for faster cast in 1v1's etc.

WoE and pvp suras are pretty different in build due to situations you'll face in each scenario and also the different mechanics of the two.

Judging by your current gears you seem to be leaning more towards woe. Here's how i would gear mine without gods/mvps

Top: +12 CEB Bungis

Mid: Hero's Mask

Lower: Hanky in mouth

Weapon: +12 or higher glorious morning star (+9 glorious fist on reserve when sacra is not available) / +12 Safety rod with fabre card for more survivability

Shield: Cranial imuke/immune/valk shields all have their uses, just know your enemy.

Armor:  ghost/unfrozen woe Robe

Garment: Anti-sniping/deviant woe Muffler  --> swap with GFSS high vit enchants with jejeling for attack *

Shoes: Superior woe shoes --> swap with superior temporal vit boots *

Accessories: KBC/hiding rwc rings with vit and FS enchants, (HP enchants for more survivability/negligible goh dmg)... staying close to magic strings would be my preference, but wouldn't hurt to bring spell pendants with you. Vit enchants if possible with them

*Without a tao, good luck 1 shotting tankier classes even with 1/4 HP. If you do still want to goh, get an rg to sac you while you run around red-barred. Keep sacrament active, get gentle touch revitalize from a buffer sura and stay within magic strings.

Edited by aetuzi, 21 May 2017 - 10:20 PM.

#10 balugajaimee

balugajaimee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:55 PM

lol speaking from a past 120 vit 120 dex woe pvp sura's PoV. and lols 100 dex, even with +30 foods im not satisfied with my cast time with 100 base dex (goh/tc)

Edited by balugajaimee, 21 May 2017 - 11:59 PM.

#11 balugajaimee

balugajaimee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:57 PM

and I do 1 shot genetics, suras and chasers in woe, thats 100-115k hp without tao red-barred.

#12 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:53 AM

GoH is stupid, as long as your HP pool is decent you'll be killing ppl :v
So don't bother too much.

#13 ukulelez

ukulelez

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:02 AM

Thanks for the info :) aetuzi :)

lol speaking from a past 120 vit 120 dex woe pvp sura's PoV. and lols 100 dex, even with +30 foods im not satisfied with my cast time with 100 base dex (goh/tc)

past? would the build still do today? just wondering :)

and I do 1 shot genetics, suras and chasers in woe, thats 100-115k hp without tao red-barred.

oh damn. That'll be nice to do. may I ask what gears?

GoH is stupid, as long as your HP pool is decent you'll be killing ppl :v
So don't bother too much.

What's a "decent" HP pool though? seems like people like 110k's and so but when I go to stat simulator, I only reach up to 60-70k-ish

#14 aetuzi

aetuzi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:17 AM

well that's your preference. In WoE there are many other ways to get your cast time decent enough to do tc/goh just with proper positioning. those 20 dex points can be used to further the damage of your fist/tc and make u quite significantly more masq resistant.

pvp is a different story..

#15 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:30 AM

i'm fine with 86% cast reduction through stats, wich jumps to 94% ish with strings. And thats 100dex and 70 int

#16 Schizzler

Schizzler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:37 PM

Yeah anything above 85% seems good to me.

#17 balugajaimee

balugajaimee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:33 AM

120 dex 120 vit still does fine till now, its for the temporal dex bonus(faster zen) and bonus dex for cast time. Try getting those new accessories for sura which lessens goh's cast time by alot. 110-115k is with full hp gears and self buffs aswell(+30 food/hp inc etc).

#18 johnvinaswell

johnvinaswell

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:15 PM

May we know is dealt as ranged physical attack when maxed?

#19 Schizzler

Schizzler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:23 PM

Good point, the wiki says both Rampage Blast and GoH are ranged; that still accurate?

#20 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:52 PM

GoH gains no benefits from ranged damage

#21 Schizzler

Schizzler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:15 AM

Yeah, the Wiki is wrong, right Ash? Or does it benefit after it becomes ranged?

#22 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:37 AM

No is not, goh is weird, just drop your hp to red xD

#23 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:47 PM

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Gates_of_Hell

i give you one more tips , based on my test on date 6/26/2017

Both elemental converter and Mild Wind able to increase the output of damage

eventho the skill says forced Neutral but my guess the forced Neutral is the Hp Part

Base Damage = [ 5000% × (BaseLv ÷ 100)]% <--- based on Atk, higher the atk, higher the damage as well

Bonus Damage = (User_MaxHP − User_HP) + (User_SP × SP_Modifier) + (BaseLv × 10) <-- based on leftover Hp and current Sp, possibly forced Neutral

GoH Total Damage = Base Damage + Bonus Damage

feel free to do the test.

Edited by Silvianna, 02 July 2017 - 07:47 PM.

#24 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:45 PM

It is forced neutral on the whole damage.

If you are under the influence of mild wind fire:

1. You GoH an earth3 enemy, you get 200% dmg modifier but the damage is dealt as a neutral attack.

2. You GoH a ghost3 enemy (like whisper), you'll miss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users