cast or damage or both for headgears of warlock? - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

cast or damage or both for headgears of warlock?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 napadaanlng

napadaanlng

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:58 PM

I'm still not sure about this as I can't find anything online.

Which is better in terms of casting and dealing damage? +9 KK COD or +11 KK Skull Cap?

#2 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:00 PM

Damage. Reach near instacast through status.

Read Spellbook - Release helps a lot.

Better get OBMH, Skull cap will limit you to use TSOD for maximum performance

Edited by DataDrain, 26 April 2017 - 09:04 PM.

#3 napadaanlng

napadaanlng

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:04 PM

i also forgot to ask, does the elven ears [1] works with the skull cap and thorn staff combo? the description says elven ears [0]

#4 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:09 PM

I didn't own the slotted elven ears, couldn't give you exact answer. But I'm assuming reduced sp consumption effect works for now unless some owners prove it wrong :p_smile:

#5 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Server:iRO Thor

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:17 PM

I'm still not sure about this as I can't find anything online.

Which is better in terms of casting and dealing damage? +9 KK COD or +11 KK Skull Cap?

Damage is just overall better than cast time. If you go cast time then you have to amp your spells just to be even with one thats pure matk which takes time. It especially means nothing to a warlock with reading spellbook and release since this combo essentially gets rid of the cast time completely at the cost of no amping.

It also helps that alot of wl spells have decent cast speed so you wont feel too slow either way

Edited by mlmf, 26 April 2017 - 09:19 PM.

#6 napadaanlng

napadaanlng

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:28 PM

thanks for the replies i just got back in playing RO 2 yrs after the migration

i guess cast time can be done with buffs ugh totally forgot about this one

#7 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:36 PM

KK is the worst and most expensive trap from the old world for warlocks. Go Lichtern Cards. At Least Red (Fire), Yellow (Ghost) and Tikbalang (Wind).

Also, Elven Ears [1] don't combo with Skull Cap, only unslotted elven ears.

#8 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:10 PM

i also forgot to ask, does the elven ears [1] works with the skull cap and thorn staff combo? the description says elven ears [0]

Its only cap and staff iirc, i dont remember the description mentioning elven ears as part of its set. Robo eye's 2% matk is pretty good for a middle headgear.

#9 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:19 PM

KK is the worst and most expensive trap from the old world for warlocks. Go Lichtern Cards. At Least Red (Fire), Yellow (Ghost) and Tikbalang (Wind).

Also, Elven Ears [1] don't combo with Skull Cap, only unslotted elven ears.

True kk is unnecessarily expensive. Though a wl that has very little use for fire spells will opt for the kk since it will give better matk buff than lichtern

#10 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:53 PM

Slotted Elven Ears Database

Non-Slotted Elven Ears Database

while the other unofficial database said both works (not allowed to post the link here coz it will be snipped by Cinnabomb)

Still vague by looking at these, can any owners clarify whether both works? or either only the slotted / non-slotted one that works? :p_smile:

#11 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:22 PM

True kk is unnecessarily expensive. Though a wl that has very little use for fire spells will opt for the kk since it will give better matk buff than lichtern

That WL must be done leveling and not do many instances then.

Thanks to Nightmare Ancient Mummy card, Crimson Rock (= fire element) is THE leveling skill for Warlocks.

Also if I'd not need Crimson Rock any more, I'd check what other damage spell I use most, and use the appropriate Lichterns.

Or a combination of 2 different Lichterns for upper + mid, nothing forbids you from mixing them.

#12 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:05 AM

I don't think so. Warlocks don't have the luxury for generic gears. Even with specialized ones, we can barely compete with physical classes damagewise. KK is good for other classes,  those who need the VCT, but since it gives Wizards and High Wizard everything that they needed in the old world, those who're not familiar with renewal mechanics will think that it's a good card. It adds only 2% to damage, where Lichtern Cards add +10 MATK AND +5% or +10% damage... you can't even compare.

#13 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:20 AM

All Lichterns + Tikbalang actually pretty useful for boosting specific elemental magic than any KK would contribute :p_smile:

Furthermore future accessories card trend for magic users resemble elvira card effect that boosting specific elemental magic, instead of raw MATK% :heh:

#14 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:38 AM

Its important to note that each Lichtern card only adds MATK for one particular element, which means that you need 3-4 OBMH with different types of Lichtern cards in order to deal more damages on all elements. For those who have just become warlock and dont have billions of zeny to spend, this can be problematic. Also OBMH isnt readily available from the market, you have to wait days or even weeks for a +9 version to show up, and you have to hope that it doesnt come with a KK card preinstalled. Of course, you can just go with Lichtern Red in a short run since you mostly level with Crimson Rock anyway, although with Pororoca Shoes' arrival Water Ball has become a viable leveling option. In endgame though, the value of Lichtern cards is more evident as you try to THKO or even OHKO monsters in NCT with huge amount of HP that KK aint gonna help much.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 27 April 2017 - 04:39 AM.

#15 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:02 AM

Its important to note that each Lichtern card only adds MATK for one particular element, which means that you need 3-4 OBMH with different types of Lichtern cards in order to deal more damages on all elements. For those who have just become warlock and dont have billions of zeny to spend, this can be problematic. Also OBMH isnt readily available from the market, you have to wait days or even weeks for a +9 version to show up, and you have to hope that it doesnt come with a KK card preinstalled. Of course, you can just go with Lichtern Red in a short run since you mostly level with Crimson Rock anyway, although with Pororoca Shoes' arrival Water Ball has become a viable leveling option. In endgame though, the value of Lichtern cards is more evident as you try to THKO or even OHKO monsters in NCT with huge amount of HP that KK aint gonna help much.

For normal mobs:

As long as it is not AoE it never is an effective leveling option.

Waterball having the added "problem" of you needing to cast Deluge first, making the time to kill even longer.

By the time you Deluge -> Waterball -> Deluge -> Waterball -> etc a mob of monsters to death, another WL killed even more monsters with Crimson Rock.

But if you want to level on MVPs Waterball is pretty damn viable.

Instead of OBMHs you can also use Skull Caps or Celine's Ribbons. Pro: those 2 headgears can be shared with any Sorc you might have.

You can also go for +7 (or below and cert it to +7) and wait for Enriched Hammer if there are no +9s on the market.

#16 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:25 AM

If you are low level you could need a little bit of casting time reduction, not much anyway, on my low lvl wl  (like 116 right now) i use my faws and 2xRWC with spell3/3 (i got those long time ago) you can go with that and only that for the start, as you grown stronger you can get more dex or more int and reach faster cast...

But as many here has already told you, dont fell for the KK trap, like being honest here, that card WAS good way before the existence of lichtern and tikbalang cards and if i have ot say, way before the existence of Elviras and Nam (for fire) but the thing is you can increase your dmg by a lot with those when paired with accesories and garments thant enhance the same element. For leveling you have beassically the option of go with fire (wich is the obvious choice) and over 150 you can go with Fire or Wind. The yellow lichetern (ghost type) is also extremely useful later on when you start doing instances because Waterball and Soul Expansion are probably your best damaging spells (ghost is specially good against mvps wich are ghost types).

Also remember that the faster you kill, the less dmg you take and the less time you have to kite, and for you being a class that has like super low hp all the time, that is really important to consider.

#17 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:33 AM

Its important to note that each Lichtern card only adds MATK for one particular element, which means that you need 3-4 OBMH with different types of Lichtern cards in order to deal more damages on all elements. For those who have just become warlock and dont have billions of zeny to spend, this can be problematic. Also OBMH isnt readily available from the market, you have to wait days or even weeks for a +9 version to show up, and you have to hope that it doesnt come with a KK card preinstalled

THIS is really problematic. As a Core item for Warlock, it should be put in the next box, or the quest should return. I remember buying a lot of them for 5M, upgrading them to +7 with Enriched Elu, and +9ing whatever I could of them in the next hammer. Nowadays this hat is quite rare... I could use a couple more OBMHs, even though I have a friend who owes me a +7 one. XD

#18 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:35 AM

THIS is really problematic. As a Core item for Warlock, it should be put in the next box, or the quest should return. I remember buying a lot of them for 5M, upgrading them to +7 with Enriched Elu, and +9ing whatever I could of them in the next hammer. Nowadays this hat is quite rare... I could use a couple more OBMHs, even though I have a friend who owes me a +7 one. XD

o3o <3

#19 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:56 AM

Yeah, right now there is a fixed number of OBMH in iRO, with more incoming players this is a serious problem. Of course it would be nice to have it in the next Box, or even better they can introduce a more OP head gear that will take OBMH's place. Maybe this new OP heargear will increase Crimson Rock damage by 50% and bypass 50% MDEF at +9 refinement. I can hope and dream, cant I? :D

#20 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:03 AM

Just bring pair of imported jRO magician's glove to the next OCP Boxes, then will no longer need Lacryma stick-Pororoca shoes combo.

Can bring 2-hand staffs back to its former glory with 100% mdef piercing and massive MATK back it up :heh: 

#21 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:06 AM

Just bring pair of imported jRO magician's glove to the next OCP Boxes, then will no longer need Lacryma stick-Pororoca shoes combo.

Can bring 2-hand staffs back to its former glory with 100% mdef piercing and massive MATK back it up :heh:

umm what does the jRO magician's glove do? Does it bypass 50% of MDEF? And does it have a card slot?

#22 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:09 AM

Read more kRO/jRO translation section in forums, it got many exciting information on kRO & jRO future content

Magician's Glove Discussion

#23 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:15 AM

Read more kRO/jRO translation section in forums, it got many exciting information on kRO & jRO future content

Magician's Glove Discussion

Its amazing. It ignores 50% MDEF, and it adds 5% MATK plus 10% VCT reduction. Since it is an accessory, I'd assume it is stackable and we can achieve 100% MDEF bypass without La'Cryma Set. We really need this on iRO in next oversea box.

#24 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:38 AM

Yeah, right now there is a fixed number of OBMH in iRO, with more incoming players this is a serious problem. Of course it would be nice to have it in the next Box, or even better they can introduce a more OP head gear that will take OBMH's place. Maybe this new OP heargear will increase Crimson Rock damage by 50% and bypass 50% MDEF at +9 refinement. I can hope and dream, cant I? :D

Let's ask for Camp to add it to "trash items" in OCP6. Also, Bio5 hat is the one we want. +1% MATK per refine (or per 2 refines, not sure), +5% Soul Expansion damage per 2 refines, -1s Crimson Rock Cooldown, -0.1s C.R. Cooldown per refine. Also, you can enchant them for more MATK% and 0.1s FCT reduction per level of the enchant, IIRC. One Hat to rule them all! The only drawback is that it's account-bound... unlike the One Ring, which was character bound and bugged whenever another character tried to equip it. :heh:

+1 to this. After CHB, why not?

Edited by Kusanagisama, 27 April 2017 - 11:46 AM.

#25 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:23 AM

+1 to this. After CHB, why not?

I wonder though, can iRO decide on its own what items from jRO to import from OCP? Or does it have to ask kRO for permission?

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 01 May 2017 - 07:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users