Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:23 AM

Mute reduced to 4s

Sleep reduced to 5s, cooldown increased by 4seconds

Burn damage reduced

Debuff removed

Edited by xHydra, 05 August 2010 - 12:03 PM.

#2 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:20 AM

that should do it. lol

#3 xHydra

xHydra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:22 AM

that should do it. lol

They have enough stuns, they'll still do fine but won't be completely nerfed into being owned by everything.

#4 KalliKatz

KalliKatz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationIn his underground Milk Caverns

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:36 AM

i think Mages are just fine because of Mage's worse fear: the Champs Ranged Stun and high MSpd. once a champ stuns a Mage hes practically dead. and with there high MSpd they can sneak up on them easy. Same with Raiders Bourgs Scouts and prolly XBow Knights. not to mention a Battle Cleric can kill them fast with full buffs and summon. 1-hand Knights are killed the fastest by mages but theyre meant for PvE anyways.

#5 xHydra

xHydra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:49 AM

i think Mages are just fine because of Mage's worse fear: the Champs Ranged Stun and high MSpd. once a champ stuns a Mage hes practically dead. and with there high MSpd they can sneak up on them easy. Same with Raiders Bourgs Scouts and prolly XBow Knights. not to mention a Battle Cleric can kill them fast with full buffs and summon. 1-hand Knights are killed the fastest by mages but theyre meant for PvE anyways.

You haven't fought with a fully geared mage, I never lose 1v1 on my mage.

#6 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:03 AM

Sleep should go to 5 seconds. http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/050.gif

#7 Forecast

Forecast

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationEverywhere
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:13 AM

+1.

That Debuff skill practically renders people's DPS (Damage Per Second), lol.

Edited by Forecast, 05 August 2010 - 11:14 AM.

#8 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:22 AM

lol he is from draconis what do u expect

#9 xHydra

xHydra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:42 AM

lol.

Sleep should go to 5 seconds. http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/050.gif

Hows that? :>

+1.

That Debuff skill practically renders people's DPS (Damage Per Second), lol.

Buffs play such a huge role in this game that there isn't a spot for it.

Edited by xHydra, 05 August 2010 - 11:44 AM.

#10 KalliKatz

KalliKatz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:36 PM

im from Draconis since im a noob :D

#11 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:50 PM

Mute reduced to 4s

I think Mute is fine.

Sleep reduced to 5s, cooldown increased by 4seconds

I think the sleep duration can stay if the cooldown is increased by atleast 5 seconds.

Burn damage reduced

Maybe a little.

Debuff removed

Yes, the skill is near useless in pvm and extremely overpowered in pvp. It outprioritizes many skills, and mages have a handful of tools to land easily land the skill anyway, not to mention people abuse can easily abuse it in mspeed gear and spawn protect. A mage with no buffs, no armor and a level 10 staff is still a threat to a fully geared and buffed character because of this move. It should be changed into a completely different skill.

Kallikatz a champ is a threat to a mage going head on only if their stun succeeds. If it fails the champ automatically eats the debuff because they have no other skill to beat it. Using mspeed gear amage can esily get inside the range of a bourg or scout and gimp them. Battle clerics can kill a mage easily? I really want to ignore that. Mages can get first stun on clerics despite having shorter range and then from there it is over. If their stun or sleep fails the cleric can mute them but their damage output is pretty poor anyway.

#12 KalliKatz

KalliKatz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:08 PM

Yes, the skill is near useless in pvm and extremely overpowered in pvp. It outprioritizes many skills, and mages have a handful of tools to land easily land the skill anyway, not to mention people abuse can easily abuse it in mspeed gear and spawn protect. A mage with no buffs, no armor and a level 10 staff is still a threat to a fully geared and buffed character because of this move. It should be changed into a completely different skill.

Kallikatz a champ is a threat to a mage going head on only if their stun succeeds. If it fails the champ automatically eats the debuff because they have no other skill to beat it. Using mspeed gear amage can esily get inside the range of a bourg or scout and gimp them. Battle clerics can kill a mage easily? I really want to ignore that. Mages can get first stun on clerics despite having shorter range and then from there it is over. If their stun or sleep fails the cleric can mute them but their damage output is pretty poor anyway.

sheesh forgot about the debuff actually. and about the cleric i was talking about the summons killing mages fast since even though my gear sucks, a Terror Knight can kill me pretty fast :D

#13 xHydra

xHydra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:59 PM

@Phish,

The reason I wanted mute and sleep duration decreased is because they sleep you for 10s, then mute you and you can't do anything for another 10s, then they just keep stunning you and burning you while they wait for permafrost to come off cooldown, the mute if it lands on you is just a free 10s stun basically. They already have very large damage and burn does so much too.

#14 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:21 PM

If the duration of mute is lowered I think the cooldown can be lowered a bit also. The only reason you are defenselss while muted vs a mage now is because they use fierce cudgleing and you can do nothing but melee them unbuffed.

Edited by Phish, 05 August 2010 - 09:25 PM.

#15 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:50 PM

remove debuff because already mages can put u on a stun/mute lock. and also to prevent stun lock, either increase cooldowns on the stuns and/or lower the mute duration which i agree with cause that wud give a better chance to get out of the stun lock.

and to reinforce what phish said, it really doesnt matter what class you are/or if ur semi buffed or full buffed. as soon as u get debuffed which might as well be considered 100% since it almost never misses, u just become useless. then thats where a frenzy of mutes and stuns kick in. you have no chance. just cross ur fingers that u get lucky on meleeing super slow and skilling if u get out of stun/mute

#16 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:11 AM

It is finally fun to play a mage again. Note how many mages are showing up around. The debuff is tough but there are ways around it. I would agree that maybe the % chance of it working could be lowered some but I don't agree it should be taken away. And with the debuffs, all classes have their own buffs of some sort, often times higher than the clerics buffs. If you are debuffed then use your own until you can get to a cleric. The only problem is in straight PVP like TG where you don't have time to do it.

I would also suggest that all classes have stuns but that the cooldowns, % chance it will work and the duration that it lasts be evaluated by a class impartial person.

I also think that the first level skills should be evaluated for all classes for skills that maybe shouldn't be shared by all second class jobs. But on the other had, the choice of skills is what makes character builds different. If you don't have enough skill pts for everything then you have to decide what to get and what not to to make your character work the way you think is best for you.

#17 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:16 AM

Even if they lowered debuff % to 20% I would not trust it at all. The bourg flame stun burst went from 64-80% success to 35% success and is by far and wide better than ever. I just dont trust their percents, The mage i'm confident would still successfully debuff, and if it doesnt work, they are generally on spawn protection anyway so they can get another crack at it.

#18 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:29 AM

Even if they lowered debuff % to 20% I would not trust it at all. The bourg flame stun burst went from 64-80% success to 35% success and is by far and wide better than ever. I just dont trust their percents, The mage i'm confident would still successfully debuff, and if it doesnt work, they are generally on spawn protection anyway so they can get another crack at it.

This. Yeah you might be able to fend off a mage trying to ebuff you the first time, but then 10 seconds later they come charging at you invincible with spawn protect to do it again and you can't stop it.

Most classes don't even have ways around it. A mace knight can do absolutely nothing other than run away, a launcher bourg has to rely on a 35% stun to stop it. Alot of classes need to rely on a single stun to work to not get debuffed.

Edited by Phish, 09 August 2010 - 10:30 AM.

#19 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:29 PM

Good idea to lower mute duration imo. Should lower duration of soldier one to be shorter than the suggested duration of muse's mute. Cleric heals would need longer cooldowns then though.

#20 MiniMuffs

MiniMuffs

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:44 PM

1-hand Knights are killed the fastest by mages but theyre meant for PvE anyways.

I didn't really pay attention to this thread but this is completely false.

#21 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationNone of your business

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:49 PM

I like the mute idea :rice:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users