Renewal May 11th Maintenance Notes - Page 11 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Renewal May 11th Maintenance Notes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
310 replies to this topic

#251 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:09 PM

Hmm... man, I think WoW ruined it for me when it comes to having a proper achievement system.

#252 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:10 PM

yay! 16.1 is here ho ho ho

#253 Sphilia

Sphilia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:13 PM

Right in the middle of Prontera, by the fountain

wow.jpg

That's right, I kidnapped the Sandy Claws.

• Armlet of Obedience - Isis
  • Bitter Herb - Poporing
  • Book of the Devil - Baphomet Jr.
  • Contract in Shadow - Deviruchi
  • Her Heart - Bongun
  • Monster Juice - Hunter Fly
  • Boy's Pure Heart - Succubus
  • Girl's Naivety - Incubus
  • Holy Marble - Deleter
  • Hell Contract - Nightmare Terror
  • Flail Goblin Ring
  • Knife Goblin Ring

Sorry, but what part of the bolded pet tames are considered rare? Drop rate?

All of the bold are pretty basic and fairly insignificant pets, in my opinion. The taming items for those are easily farmable or obtainable via item exchange through NPCs. I'm fairly disappointed in the selection, honestly. When I saw "rare", I was expecting something more along the lines of pet tames that were otherwise unobtainable in-game, such as Miyabi Doll, Evil Nymph, Rice Cake, New Year Doll, White Lady, Loli Ruri, and Marionette. There could've been so much potential , and yet more than half of those are reasonably obtainable through in-game means. Heck, if you wanted to put in tames that can be obtain via drops, I would've been happy with Soft Aprons (Alice is qt), Forbidden Candles (Zealotus is a butt to tame), or Tantan Noodles (only 5 maidens to farm on the map?) over Bitter Herbs.

yes, I'm bitter over bitter herbs

#254 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:18 PM

• Bitter Herb - Poporing
  • Her Heart - Bongun
  • Holy Marble - Deleter
  • Flail Goblin Ring
  • Knife Goblin Ring

All of the bold are pretty basic and fairly insignificant pets, in my opinion. The taming items for those are easily farmable or obtainable via item exchange through NPCs. I'm fairly disappointed in the selection, honestly. When I saw "rare", I was expecting something more along the lines of pet tames that were otherwise unobtainable in-game, such as Miyabi Doll, Evil Nymph, Rice Cake, New Year Doll, White Lady, Loli Ruri, and Marionette. There could've been so much potential , and yet more than half of those are reasonably obtainable through in-game means. Heck, if you wanted to put in tames that can be obtain via drops, I would've been happy with Soft Aprons (Alice is qt), Forbidden Candles (Zealotus is a butt to tame), or Tantan Noodles (only 5 maidens to farm on the map?) over Bitter Herbs.

Yeah... i dont know what to expect about iRO anymore...

I hope the Onward to the new world is fixed, is not, then will be time to go and play LoL and WoW

#255 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:21 PM

Camp, can you fix the spelling error in the Lucky Care Package Remix with Fwunderkammer?
And how come the Achievement's window is not shortcut-able? There's a second page for Interface, but it's not used. (Also missing the Clan window... but w/e)

Edit:
Quest Window "Episode" still displays 14.1 Mora Village. Any chance on updating this?
Or the Local tab?
Or the New tab? (You have Fantasmagorika at least...)

There is, but it's not displayed by the client properly. There are hidden hotkey options for RODEX, Opening the replay window, Starting/slowing down/speeding up a currently running replay, and a few others that work on iRO, but aren't properly shown. I can only assume kRO isn't sending a updating userkeys.lua.

As for the quest window, blame kRO on that. Those tabs are just as blank there as they are here.

Also to anyone wondering about Onward to the New World, you don't even need to do the quest. It's not a Pre-req for anything Episode 16.

Edited by Toxn, 11 May 2017 - 04:24 PM.

#256 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:23 PM

^ Most of us are to lazy to do that. I know I just want to click the exe and have it patch. Isn't that how game are supposed to work?

Ok my other computer patched just fine. If you are having problems I guess that is the only fix for now.

I wish there was an easier way, unfortunately the patcher is sensitive and reliant on the connection's stability.

#257 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:24 PM

Yeah... i dont know what to expect about iRO anymore...

I hope the Onward to the new world is fixed, is not, then will be time to go and play LoL and WoW

I just did Onward to the new world all the way past the mobsters.

#258 Njord

Njord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:26 PM

Damn, my client is doing the cycle of repatching over and over again..

#259 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:28 PM

Thank you for your help GM's. The new Pront looks nice no more glitching walls. YAY!

#260 Njord

Njord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

=( Can anyone send a link to fix this issue?

Edited by Njord, 11 May 2017 - 04:30 PM.

#261 Jungyeon

Jungyeon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

It's time to get pet's!

#262 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:32 PM

• Bitter Herb - Poporing
  • Her Heart - Bongun
  • Holy Marble - Deleter
  • Flail Goblin Ring
  • Knife Goblin Ring

Hi! Based on numbers of users who gave claimed items in similar previous giveaways we expect about 25,000 characters to claim the pet tames. We tried to choose a mixture of common and uncommon/rare tames since so many will be entering the market. But we will be happy to take your suggestions into consideration as future prizes for events or giveaways.

#263 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:41 PM

imagine 25k attempts to get goblin leader pets :v

some ppl just dont get it

#264 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:42 PM

Damn, my client is doing the cycle of repatching over and over again..

Please refer to the pinned troubleshoot topic here, solution #4.

If the issue persists please open a bug report in the technical section.

#265 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMinnesota/Virginia

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:54 PM

Merry Badger has new option?
25 EMB for 1 (SkyFortress) Dungeon Ticket

What is this?

#266 Sphilia

Sphilia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:55 PM

Hi! Based on numbers of users who gave claimed items in similar previous giveaways we expect about 25,000 characters to claim the pet tames. We tried to choose a mixture of common and uncommon/rare tames since so many will be entering the market. But we will be happy to take your suggestions into consideration as future prizes for events or giveaways.

I understand that, but that's more due to the fact that you are 100% guaranteed to receive 3 of each of those 12 taming items on every single one of your available characters. The influx of rare tame items could easily be reduced by implementing them as a chance-based reward, with the more common items having a higher chance and the uncommon/rare tames having a lower chance. I'm thinking back to the refine buckler event, where the RNG-blessed were able to receive the then-coveted Costume: Fluttering Cherry Blossom - while I find the refining rates immensely frustrating (I've gotten within reach several times, but curse my luck), it kept that costume fairly rare and expensive on the market.

#267 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:58 PM

Merry Badger has new option?
25 EMB for 1 (SkyFortress) Dungeon Ticket

What is this?

Sky Fortress is a new instance, the first entry to the instance is free if you do the quest, but after that you have to have a ticket. On kRO the ticket is obtained via the Kafra Shop. iRO decided to make it obtainable by EMBs. The ticket is a one time use.

#268 PriscillaOtome

PriscillaOtome

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationProntera's Church.

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:58 PM

I have not logged in yet, is everything okay?

#269 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:59 PM

Sky Fortress is a new instance, the first entry to the instance is free if you do the quest, but after that you have to have a ticket. On kRO the ticket is obtained via the Kafra Shop. iRO decided to make it obtainable by EMBs. The ticket is a one time use.

Sort of, the ticket sticks around for 1 or 3 hours and you can enter/remake the dungeon as much as you want during that period.

I have not logged in yet, is everything okay?

#270 Njord

Njord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:01 PM

Thanks, VModCinnamon. Now it shows an error, 'attempt to call a nil value'

#271 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:11 PM

Fun fact: Harrison Ford deliberately did not memorize his lines for that scene so he would sound believable and genuine in making something up. 

#272 icecream2

icecream2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:12 PM

Thanks, VModCinnamon. Now it shows an error, 'attempt to call a nil value'

You missed a patch. You can prove this by going to prontera, it should be a new look. Everything changes. If u see nothing different the moment u enter prontera. Yup confirmed u missed a patch. Go back a few number when patching the inf.

#273 dzn018

dzn018

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • Server:iRO-Odin

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:16 PM

I think he was saying that there was countless possibilities of abusing the generous give-away by making multiple alts.

It looks a bit darker, but the new Prontera doesn't look grim at all, at least for me. It takes some time to adjust, but, right not, I like the old one better. This new one has a lot of orange shades.

#274 Njord

Njord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:18 PM

You missed a patch. You can prove this by going to prontera, it should be a new look. Everything changes. If u see nothing different the moment u enter prontera. Yup confirmed u missed a patch. Go back a few number when patching the inf.

Yup. Prontera hasn't change a bit.. Except for that new NPC. Does that mean I need to reinstall my client?

#275 Stalkerness

Stalkerness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:19 PM

mvp tombstones not working?

That is definitely odd we will submit the report up.

correction/followup:

apparently tombstones are spawning at random locations instead of where the mvp died. I guess kro doesn't like them being hidden.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users