Load Central restriction is now in effect - WarpPortal Technical - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Load Central restriction is now in effect

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 batuts

batuts

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:30 PM

My apologies.  Necro-ing an old  topic wasn't my intention.  I simply happened to go through the complication that old topic was describing so I thought replying on that said topic would be better than to make a new one talking about the same thing since that's considered redundant in many forums and you end up being replied to read an older post that discussed the same thing.

As for what ZeroTigress said, I don't think he/she quite understood what that older topic and I were saying, which now is essentially the same thing.  This issue of putting WPE into your master account using Load Central pins unknowingly binds BOTH energy and cash shop currency because again, if you happen to have an RO2 account and you happen to select it during topping up, the pin goes straight to MALL POINTS(cash shop currency), not energy.  And in the event that you select an RO1 account, it again gets blocked with the "There has been an error with the product information" error and the top up doesn't go through.  So I did get what you were saying pal.  Regardless of WP's problems with loadsellers which is between themselves, I was merely pointing out how Load Central pins suddenly aren't usable to get energy anymore, let alone completely unusable if you only have an RO1 game account.  Now, I'm considering testing whether making game accounts for their other games will allow me to use Load Central pins to get energy or whether the pin will automatically turn into that game's cash shop currency.  I hope there's someone out there who plays WP's other games and replies here that you can load up using Load Central pins to get energy, not cash shop currency, for that game.

Edited by batuts, 15 May 2017 - 10:41 PM.

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:50 PM

Okay, I see what you were trying to explain now.

In that case, WP must've set up the payment system for WPE wrong for Load Central and other affected payment companies. That or the payment system has gone haywire due to some change(s) that somebody made (whether WP or the payment company). Payments should definitely not be bypassing WPE conversion and going straight to cash shop currency conversion. Do you have any information regarding Load Central's payment processing for WP? There should be some sort of warning that using Load Central would convert your payment into cash shop currency at the very least. If not, there's definitely something fishy going on.

#3 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:25 AM

As far as I know, LoadCentral is used to redeem Kafra Points. (Note: Not sure if the KP portion works for other WP games beside RO2)

For WPE you will have to use other payment options as they appear on your WP account. 

#4 batuts

batuts

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:33 AM

I would've wished you were right on the setup between WP and loadsellers Tigress but unfortunately, that's not the case as well.  After barking at the wrong tree by being upset at Load Central, I learned that the pins themselves are actually generated by WP and then passed on to laodsellers to... well, sell.  This means WP coded this behavior into either their topup system or the pins themselves or both.  This also means I may have made a mistake and should've named this topic "Pins usage restriction is now in effect" because this now involves all the topup methods using pins regardless of seller, unless WP generates a specific type of pin for each loadseller which is unlikely but not impossible since they did go the extra mile to code the pins they give Load Central to act in a certain manner quite recently (within the last few months) for reasons I will never understand.

By the way VMs could you guys please follow-up my ticket to the GMs?  Much appreciated.

Edited by batuts, 30 June 2017 - 06:02 AM.

#5 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:49 AM

As far as I know, LoadCentral is used to redeem Kafra Points. (Note: Not sure if the KP portion works for other WP games beside RO2)
For WPE you will have to use other payment options as they appear on your WP account.

So Load Central's Pins are an alternative to WPE for RO2's Kafra Cash? That's a weird way to go about it. Does Load Central warn you about that at least?

#6 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:16 AM

By the way VMs could you guys please follow-up my ticket to the GMs?  Much appreciated.

Please PM me the ticket number.

#7 batuts

batuts

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:46 PM

Nope, no warning.  When you choose, the pin description reads: "Warpportal [denomination] -  [ RO1  ( -_- ), RO2, DRAGON SAGA, REQUIEM, ROSE, etc (lists their games) ]".  No indication about how the pin will work for any specific game of WP.  But that was fine for the last few years as that's how I've been replenishing my Energy until now and I doubt they'll(LoadCentral) start doing so anyway, unless specifically instructed by WP, which clearly hasn't happened.  The decryption/conversion part happens redemption-end so they don't actually know nor control what WP does with the pins.  The best recurring answer I got from them is they just sell the pins aside from: "Sorry, we wouldn't know that."

I wish WP would at least make it so that the pins translate into kafra points for RO1, instead of being entirely useless altogether.  I mean, why change it and make it more complicated when your previous setup was working well for both WP and players?  > most likely the reason why the person who made the necro thread wanted to clarify this about the Load Central option because of the huge convenience it offered > if he's still playing like me, I bet he's pulling his hair out right about now.  I know I almost did.

GMs/CMs/VMs could you guys post here or better yet, make a topic, or best yet, add an entry into the knowledge base on which games won't suck in Load Central pins into cash shop currency and let them stay as energy?  I know it's a stretch but please, so very kindly, so as to save us PH players from having to snoop around every other community here... *puppy eyes*

Edited by batuts, 22 May 2017 - 07:12 PM.

#8 batuts

batuts

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:23 PM

Thanks VMCinnamon!  Although... my tickets have turned into raisins.  I hope they don't turn into prunes.  WPSupport's description is also confusing by the way: [Tickets will never CLOSE without a response from the Support Team.  If the ticket doesn't get a response from you within 72 hours, the ticket will be automatically closed by our system.]  >> So aside from making sure we file a ticket, we have to bump the tickets every 71 hours XX minutes or else, it goes poof and never reaches them?  The second sentence nullifies the first so I don't get what they really mean.  Also, the ticket guide I found here reminded us to AVOID replying to our tickets so as not to create backlog(I also don't understand why/how bumping your ticket creates backlog).  So which is it?  To bump or not to bump?

Edited by batuts, 18 May 2017 - 11:18 PM.

#9 batuts

batuts

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:23 AM

Come on WP, don't be like this.

#10 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:57 AM

You don't need to bump your ticket if it's still in Active Status.

A ticket will close automatically after X amount of time if there was a GM response and the user chose not to respond back. If a ticket get closed it will not be lost forever, the user may re-open a ticket at his own convenience.

The time for a GM response varies but on average it's 3 days. If it takes longer than the usual (in terms of days not hours!) then the user may request a follow up by appending a new response on the same ticket. Getting CMs and mods assistance with a ticket follow up is also possible. Please note that the system works through a queue so expediting a ticket is unlikely to occur.

#11 batuts

batuts

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:07 AM

That means their stating 72 hours to auto-close ticket is a typo on their end.  Thanks for the tip. 

Edit: oh it's not a typo.  Basically you'll conveniently have to endure a whole new que if they miss the 72-hour window and you're lucky enough to think of checking on your ticket  shortly after that which you find out you need to re-open.  Nice!

Edited by batuts, 22 May 2017 - 11:18 PM.

#12 batuts

batuts

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:43 AM

Unbelievable.  Either the Support Team member who responded was intoxicated, just woke up, or, worse, intentionally wrote back the way he did.  It defeats the purpose of submitting a ticket if you selectively read it to conveniently make a quick response.  The guy successfully made WP look incompetent and even tried to do the same to me by avoiding the fact that my payment history is riddled with those pins WITHOUT having an RO2 account before.  Also, this means they're not going to honor what they told Load Central.  It's like the Support Team member logged into the game and did exactly what the system messages tell us about what GMs don't do like asking for our password, or going to vote at 3rd party websites, or giving away our FB logins and whatnot, while proudly wearing a GM sprite.  Seriously?

Edited by batuts, 22 May 2017 - 06:48 PM.

#13 TenkU4dKeeL

TenkU4dKeeL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:31 AM

welcome to warpportal.  :heh:

#14 batuts

batuts

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:44 PM

welcome to warpportal.  :heh:

I would've disagreed with you on that the last few years though.  This "quirk" in their topup system obviously started just recently so I'm assuming whoever made the change had good reason.  Problem is, with the service/product WP offers, it's just not adding up.  They better come up with either some other method to conveniently load up on energy here or just bring back the old setup because this is not making sense as a business change.

Edited by batuts, 16 June 2017 - 01:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users