Dragon Talk: Arcadia Episode 2 Previews! - Page 3 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Dragon Talk: Arcadia Episode 2 Previews!

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#51 BlackDragonLord

BlackDragonLord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • LocationVoid
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Yes

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:37 PM

Male players should be banned from fighting Elga if it's a woman

IF elga is a female... i guess... we can always force elga to do a sex change surgery... right? right?!

#52 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:37 PM

Male players should be banned from fighting Elga if it's a woman

I mean it's not really a fight when male summoner just pew pews for 4 and a half minutes.

#53 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:39 PM

So... we still have no clarification. I asked someone who can read Korean and it's actually Elga... 

The only thing we learned from it is: Don't trust online translators!

IF elga is a female... i guess... we can always force elga to do a sex change surgery... right? right?!

How about saying Elga is genderless?

#54 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:20 PM

I could live with elga being a hermaphrodite. 

But no matter what Elga will be in my heart as the best waifu. Always heating up food. *cough* The special positions and forms she is taking *cough* Or when I am late for work she flies me there.

Nice memories <3

Edited by Kristof3195, 18 May 2017 - 01:21 PM.

#55 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:36 PM

Love the new updates, can't wait for the patch!

My hubby might finally return to play with me again XD

Edited by sigeel, 18 May 2017 - 04:37 PM.

#56 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:36 PM

Question about the Arcadia 2 Quest Line; What maps are we gonna be going through? Some new locations? Older maps and dungeons? Or maybe a series of quests involving our new Expert feature? (Example; Farrels back to life and stronger than ever. Lavalon must he resealed but a dark magic supercharged him?).

#57 BlackDragonLord

BlackDragonLord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • LocationVoid

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:08 PM

So... we still have no clarification. I asked someone who can read Korean and it's actually Elga... 

The only thing we learned from it is: Don't trust online translators!

How about saying Elga is genderless?

i thought of that, that works too.

#58 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:47 PM

Question about the Arcadia 2 Quest Line; What maps are we gonna be going through? Some new locations? Older maps and dungeons? Or maybe a series of quests involving our new Expert feature? (Example; Farrels back to life and stronger than ever. Lavalon must he resealed but a dark magic supercharged him?).

Hello,

the new expert dungeons are not involved. For the next big update after the upcoming one we are planning to involve those dungeons in a special way. I need to state that it has been forgotten to mention that there are dungeons not having an expert mode. This would be all dungeons which require consumable entry item because there are several complications with those. The following dungeons are affected: Magma Dungeon, Galaxia Dungeons, Black Claw Nest, Element Dungeons. The Temple of Water has no expert mode either due to the fact that it's not instanced. This is by the way something I would love to hear a community opinion: Should the Temple of Water become an instanced dungeon in the future? 

The Red Fox Delta dungeon has an expert mode. In the expert mode no boost backpack (aka Jetpack) is needed to enter.

Only thing I want to reveal regarding the new quest line at this point is that it is based on the one from the first update and adds a lot (really a lot) of new hero quests.

#59 BlackDragonLord

BlackDragonLord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • LocationVoid

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:18 PM

Hello,

the new expert dungeons are not involved. For the next big update after the upcoming one we are planning to involve those dungeons in a special way. I need to state that it has been forgotten to mention that there are dungeons not having an expert mode. This would be all dungeons which require consumable entry item because there are several complications with those. The following dungeons are affected: Magma Dungeon, Galaxia Dungeons, Black Claw Nest, Element Dungeons. The Temple of Water has no expert mode either due to the fact that it's not instanced. This is by the way something I would love to hear a community opinion: Should the Temple of Water become an instanced dungeon in the future? 

The Red Fox Delta dungeon has an expert mode. In the expert mode no boost backpack (aka Jetpack) is needed to enter.

Only thing I want to reveal regarding the new quest line at this point is that it is based on the one from the first update and adds a lot (really a lot) of new hero quests.

Do you mean that this update (31 of may) won't have the expert dungeons?

#60 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:05 AM

Hello,

I'm just gonna comment on all the dungeons you mentioned:

Magma dungeon not getting a harder mode is a shame since I'd really like to see a powerful Lavalon to bring me down the memory lane.

I wouldn't bundle Galaxia dungeons in with the other sort of stand alone dungeons anyway. I think Galaxia is its own thing and is fine as is. Having an expert dungeon for every dungeon in that "thing" would kind of make the whole system less special in my mind. If these dungeons that require items to enter will ever get expert modes, I'd say in Galaxia's case just add it to the weekend dungeon or preferably not at all.

If the item thing in elga is causing problems you could just remove that requirement. I mean it's a useless thing now with the medals being in a shop right next to the entrance for 1 copper each. Basically this (or making the event medals unusable) should probably be done anyway. Elga is not designed to be entered as easily as it is now so I'd kind of be for it only being accessible with the medals from the quest. Then again people are already used to it being as it, and should it stay as is then there's no need for the requirement.

Element dungeons are again sort of their own thing in my mind. They are so short too. So I don't think they should have expert dungeons either. What it kind of comes down to is that Galaxia and Element dungeons seem more like mission maps and less like dungeons to me, and to not "devalue" this expert dungeon tag I'd not want it there.

I think temple of water should stay as it is. not being instanced makes it different. It could still have an expert boss couldn't it? There's no need to kill any mobs inside anyway, so could just make it a choice between normal and expert at the entrance to the final boss.

#61 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:13 AM

Hello,

I think Poppie was just answering Coolsam. This might be a German lanugage barrier issue, or an "early morning" problem.

I think what he was trying to say is that the new hero quests have nothing to do with the new expert modes. But that there might be something involving the expert dungeons specifically in the future.

Plus Poppie tried to say there are "some" dungeons which do not have an expert mode due to the fact they need an entry item that gets consumed. Yep, I think that's what he is trying to say.....

Right Poppie?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Precrush that the Galaxy and the Element Dungeons should stay as they are. Yes, they are their own things in the game and I think we should keep them this way.
The Water temple, I persolly don't think it would need an expert mode just for the boss....I would keep it as is personally. It's special in it's own way.

Lavalon, I agree I would love to see an expert mode in this one if this gets possible one day. Maybe one day you can figure it out and add the expert mode for this one in?

Edited by Fliederduft78, 19 May 2017 - 12:24 AM.

#62 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:10 AM

I completely agree with Water Temple staying as it is. The boss does not reward you with 4 items reward so it would be kind of pointless, except for the challenge... But I would rather fight against Lord of the Night which basicly has the same moveset.

#63 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:17 AM

Hello, 

thank you for your feedback. So we all agree that the Water Temple stays as it is. Same for Element Dungeons and Galaxia. This matches the opinion of the DS team.

As for Lavalon: I can look into this - should not be that hard - but I have no time to create an expert mode for it before the update is released. It's just too time consuming. I will create it right after the Episode 2 release and make it available in one of the following maintenances.

As for Elga: Elga dungeon gives me a lot of technical challenges. Especially because of the fellowship and the completely different rewarding system. Making an expert mode for Elga is nearly impossible without changing the entire reward system and getting rid of the fellowship. It is very time consuming. Since we already have Episode 3 ideas in mind I need to check if there is enough time left to do such adjustments for the Elga Expert mode before Episode 3 will be released (I know this sounds as there is a lot of time until then - for the players it actually is a lot of time - but for me the time is really short).

One thing I can reveal for the "post-episode 2" work is that I will work on an improved patcher stability because I think this is a priority fix looking at all the patcher issues we have lately. Also the wish to have a "server online" feature directly on the patcher is planned to be implemented to the new patcher version.

#64 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:14 AM

Elga's reward system is kind of bad to begin with. Bloody is the most expensive drop and it given with this bidding system, while all the less significant drops are in the normal drops. That should be the other way around to not encourage soloing/going with as few people as possible. This goes back to the thing with the medals given out so easy as well since limited number of runs would make the normal drop board be better and counteract the problem with the bidding system. Basically, if the only valuable thing from elga is the bloody and the other misc items, then it'll always be done with as few people as possible which means the whole fellowship 8 people party thing is useless.

So what I'm trying to say is that a rework of the reward system at elga to enable expert mode could have some other major benefits as well.

#65 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:06 AM

Something has been forgotten. Does the Fight club have expert mode? ( Black hole, Fire, Frost dungeon etz... ) Since only the obvious dungeons have been posted but the fun ones were left out.

Edited by Kristof3195, 19 May 2017 - 08:06 AM.

#66 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:15 AM

Something has been forgotten. Does the Fight club have expert mode? ( Black hole, Fire, Frost dungeon etz... ) Since only the obvious dungeons have been posted but the fun ones were left out.

Currently the only dungeons having expert modes are the "normal" dungeons, not the community dungeons. The community dungeons - like the Elga dungeon - are totally different how they're technically implemented. If expert mode community dungeons are really wished and necessary we can discuss implementing them later. I would recommend to first have a look at the normal dungeons and the VanCliff/Drakos dungeons to see if all works out as intended with the expert modes and then we can talk about the community dungeons.

Edit: Please excuse my grammar mistakes today. I am a bit distracted doing stuff while posting

#67 HakannBlast

HakannBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:31 AM

elga expert is a bad idea people would  only play summoner invoker and  destroyer inside it anyways and the other classes would be walking  npc inside it.

So with current power lvls is a no no 

Edited by HakannBlast, 19 May 2017 - 09:35 AM.

#68 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:54 AM

In my opinion community dungeons would need a lot more than expert mode to make them fair and fun for a significant amount of people.

#69 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:34 AM

Community Dungeons need an overall redesign first. Entry alone is a hassle to accomplish, the overall party design system isn't even working, and the rewards system favors either most dps or finishing blow.

The reward items themselves only really have one desirable option. Being a wing from only 1 dungeon drop on last mob. Meaning no one even bothers with the others.

It should be reworked along with Elga into a newly designed Fellowship/Raid system.

#70 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:06 PM

Hmm interesting element gimic petrify for darkness certainly is the most op effect of the 4 seeing as it causes immobility all together while. 2 of them being almost irrelevant considering damage over time ingame is negligible. Dark imo should've been drain or cursing. Will resist lower the chances of said effect to happen? Cool an expert mode that scales! Filler endgame content woo.

#71 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:42 PM

Interesting phenomenon how people are starting to assume things which never have been explained in detail and just ignore what for example the text in the video at the top left corner says. The text says: "Elemental Debuff Effects... ...are different... ...for PvE and PvP". Did you see any Petrification Effect used in PvP in the preview video? I can clearly say: no, you did not, because I know what I recorded. So, why do you think you will get any Petrification or Immobility effect in PvP? Next: Why do you assume petrification is caused by curse? Where did you see that?  Both facts you mentioned were just assumptions and I can definitely say that they're false assumptions.

The system is a bit more complex than what has been shown in the video. Just wait, see and try it out.

#72 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:35 PM

I wouldn't call them assumptions more so predictions, being able to talk to the developer is way more different on small games like DS, player's don't usually get feedback regarding certain predictions. Thanks for falsifying my assumptions/predictions,was my fault for skimming through the video instead of watching it thoroughly, cause everyone checks the forum and watches these video's, atleast I can puts my mind at ease knowing that the effect's are different in pvp. And no I didn't assume petrification was/is caused by curse, more like I'd rather/wish cursing (caused bomber,deatbound) but that was just falsified by you just now so there goes my predictions that weren't in the video.

#73 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:49 AM

For elga, if you don't have time to do change before the release of part 3 just take time after the part 3 to make the change that all.

i can see the problem with elga. since the fellowship and the ending drop are conected but the 3 ending loot are full party bidding system.

maybe just add more bidding item slot > 3 to 6 for harder mode

Or change the fellow ship for a real 8 party that would need to speak with NPC to activate like the fellowship but all player could  buff all player in the complete party like Big MMO and put the player info on the left or right side of the screen and remove 4party info on the top just for this 8 party group.

PS: just saying Resurection for invoker class can revive 5 player''at lv 5 and +1 per lv up to 10 player oO  :p_devil:  :p_err:  but max party member is 4 so only 3 player to revive xD >>> for the Kazura feather it just randome revive 3 party fellowship member so it ok ( just make it can only be use at elga) restriction.

Edited by zirothos, 21 May 2017 - 11:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users