Thanks Helium for balancing Commanders and protectors - Requiem Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Thanks Helium for balancing Commanders and protectors

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 S3Ke

S3Ke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:20 AM

Yea...Big thanks Helium ...commanders and protectors are so much more ''fun'' right now ...they can now compete with any other magic class, were not getting killed in 4 seconds anymore and we definitely more tanky classes right now ...  there totally ''balanced'' and really worth playing them ...Sorry dude ...but you seriously have absolutely NO CLUE what you are doing ...you think by increasing hostility will change anything in the game balance ? there are many easy fixes for these 2 classes ...physical blessing for example instead of 5 con and hp recovery ( which is useless in pvp by the way ) put hp % ...and survival instinct make it give passive HP instead of defense who the hell needs 400 defense at lvl 10 when the last sets gives alone like 7000-8000 def just the sets alone... these are just 2 easy fixes dude..tanks should have high HP ...why would a magic char have pretty much the same HP.. cap defence and deal 3 times more dmg ...and got insane heals ...while a commander is just sh1t ...relying on a single skill ...which in most cases its not even enough to kill a target...seriously TANKS should have much higher HP then other classes in game ...its simple as that ...and you dont need to ''think'' too much to actually fix them...i dont even wanna mention the block situation....a magic char blocks more melee skills then a commander ...no matter how much scad or dmg u got...you still hit them 0 dmg ...like 70% of the times....this is how Helium understands balance ...Big thanks Helium 

Edited by S3Ke, 18 May 2017 - 12:28 AM.

#2 Pova

Pova

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:39 AM

i got small question also where is SCAD in protector darkest set if i maked full set +30 and my scad is 1450 other chars got like 3-4k scad soo lame id say prots gonna die in this game soon

#3 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:28 AM

I agree, I have done several suggestions for Defender/Protector, one of them is, as you mentioned, Physical Blessing % HP.
Protector also need a way to mitigate damages from caster skills, so I thought of a reflect skill, low amount (30% at max) but high duration and 100% chance.
Reflect is the only way to mitigate damages from SCAD, otherwise I would have suggested a skill that actually mitigate damages, not reflect.
Also lithy fog is a very powerful support skill but the current CD is too high.
Prot set is all wrong...doesn't even have MIND!
Tho, those aren't final skill changes (taunt value ones, which were pretty wrong too since he didn't increase value on the 2 main tank skills of prot).
So, hopefully, Helium will do something about it.

Edited by Kazara, 18 May 2017 - 03:30 AM.

#4 Greids

Greids

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationRussia, Perm Krai.
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:27 AM

To mine they did nothing, there is no increased hostility! Everything as it was, and it remained, how to lose mobs and lose the protector. Promised a change of profession, where are they? All that was in the prof, this is a change in the set in the radiant and that's it.

#5 BioElesis

BioElesis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationDominican Republic
  • Server:Triffi

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:33 AM

They removed the MND from set, i have pictures to proof it.

#6 BioElesis

BioElesis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationDominican Republic
  • Server:Triffi

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:37 AM

Agroo modification Failed, i did some test and still unable to keep agree from 1 mage dps.

And why Prot set dosn't give at least 1% Block Success per part? just 1% per part would help alot 

And add MND back or low SCAD. Cuz right now Prot are useless, they need more help than radis for simple quest.

#7 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:42 AM

He didn't increase aggro from Taunting Cry and Low Blow, which really needed a buff and are the 2 main tanking skills.
I already told him and seems he agree on buffing hostility values on those 2 skills, maybe we will see the changes next week.
Protector set definitely need MIND back (I don't understand why the -_- it was removed?!). Some block chance is a good idea too.

#8 rodmilano1

rodmilano1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:44 AM

hi all...i read a lot of things about skill changes, balance, etc... last few days from players...i see a big mistake between skill changes and armor stats...if developers want to make a real "balance" they need to test all jobs together and not 1 by 1...aswell change the armor stats to fix the classes... i played as commie for 6 years and left the job because of the blood rage of zerker...but now i see commie so strong after the plus on scad of the Darkest set...and im thinking to back to this class after almost 3 years...so ppl that have contact with helium need to go slow when ask to make changes in the skills...because i saw a lot of ppl complaining about the "new commie" and asking to nerf face strike...adamant mind...etc...just dont forget something: TODAY THE ARMOR IS SO GOOD...but what will happen if tomorrow is not like this, and commie will be even more nerfed??? imagine when they put new armor again, with skill changed based in the armors...imagine the -_-...so i think is so stupid make a OP armor and nerf skills...are COMPLETELY different things...about what S3Ke told..i believe that putting more aggro to commie's skills will just make the tanker more useless in raids...being commie so good to tank having a good defense, and 90k+ hp...after 3 years i believe that the skills continue without the correct changes...even seeing commie OP atm if good geared...sorry if i leave a bit the topic...i just wish to make ppl think about this... ;)

#9 S3Ke

S3Ke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:35 AM

commie so OP ? i seriously dont know what are you talking about ( no offence) ..you think it is OP just because the new set is way better then the previous one ...but the other classes got a way better set also...and trust me ...in most cases you need to hit face strike twice or even 3 times  (if u hit 0 dmg 70% of the times) to kill certain mages ...and you just wont last more then 5 seconds into there aoes...also you mentioned defense where does that help you ? i've got almost 8  k ...and i still get hit by mobs...and most players still do a lot of damage on me ....so it doesn't really help much trust me...not to mention most of the classes now got cap defense ...compared to casters ...commie are really weak simple as that .but who cares about melees or commanders...lets all play druids ...defis ...and 30k heal radiants and thats it :)

#10 rodmilano1

rodmilano1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:15 AM

commie so OP ? i seriously dont know what are you talking about ( no offence) ..you think it is OP just because the new set is way better then the previous one ...but the other classes got a way better set also...and trust me ...in most cases you need to hit face strike twice or even 3 times  (if u hit 0 dmg 70% of the times) to kill certain mages ...and you just wont last more then 5 seconds into there aoes...also you mentioned defense where does that help you ? i've got almost 8  k ...and i still get hit by mobs...and most players still do a lot of damage on me ....so it doesn't really help much trust me...not to mention most of the classes now got cap defense ...compared to casters ...commie are really weak simple as that .but who cares about melees or commanders...lets all play druids ...defis ...and 30k heal radiants and thats it :)

As i told in my opinion its OP because of the actual set... this is why the class need implements in the skills....defense is good against mobs...you need to consider the block defense too...i know what you feel mate...i have a SS zerker...im full with the best items and enchants in armor and jewels...i can beat easy a very good tempy but im having problems to beat an average commie...im getting 4k+ damage from commie in each skill...a commie using a trinity sword! and i have 5k def...700 block def...talking about defense again, 6k defense reduce like 51% of the cad...well my point is: dont let developers change the skills to nerf commie...and ask them to stop to give good stats in armor just to make some players happy for a certain time while ppl that really know and play the class know that the problem is not only this... since i played commie it was low damage and good skills to control your enemy in pvp...thats all...about the 0 dmg or the scad is low or if im not wrong is a bug between evasion and physical skills...well anyway good luck to commies...i want to play this class again soon :)

#11 SandySandman

SandySandman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:58 AM

/removed 

Edited by SandySandman, 30 June 2017 - 07:28 AM.

#12 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:25 AM

Without words...

dnodnb.jpg

#13 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:52 PM

To improve commander damages I've suggested a smash that does damage and removes block chance %. With a max of 30% at max level, which would help a lot against caster shields.  Seems that Helium liked a lot the idea, so hopefully we will see it in action. 

#14 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:55 PM

And also, till druid has full AM on inferno, commy makes no point at all. Druid can just damage better, CC you a lot better, and even has higher HP from set. Having commy feature on inferno isn't good at all for balance.

#15 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:41 PM

Doesn't really matter what tweaks Helium makes, it will never balance classes with the underlying structure. The underlying formulas just don't work. All armor sets are now SCAD and HP, everything else doesn't matter. You really can't make PVP enjoyable for all until you correct the underlying formulas.

#16 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:12 PM

Doesn't really matter what tweaks Helium makes, it will never balance classes with the underlying structure. The underlying formulas just don't work. All armor sets are now SCAD and HP, everything else doesn't matter. You really can't make PVP enjoyable for all until you correct the underlying formulas.

And those core "mechanics" have hardly been touched since, what, 2009? Or even before that? This fact alone should be enough proof for all the incredible insanity happening in this little game, which only gets worse every day and with every "update".

It wasn't all that much evident at first, when stats were kinda "manageable" but we have long gone past the point where adding more and more of whatever just makes the broken even more shattered.

If things were problematic before with the well known, for example, def and resis caps, and HPs that hardly ever went beyond the 30k mark, and (S)CAD nunbers beyond 1000 were exceptional, what does anyone expect these days, with all the stupid numbers they merrily throw around?

At least for a few years things were kinda working out, even when people started to seriously mallwh*re their way to OPness. At least the gear and various sets available were perfectly viable for a LONG time, and it felt like the investment and effort people put into them could be justified. Yes, they could be good for years, we all know it. Even when lvl 85 sets and then the new weapons were the "norm", people could still use their lvl 72 sets or 79 / Jug weapons and such, and more or less be fine.

How do you feel these days with your older gear against the new FOTM crapola, introduced without a second thought, except to extend the milking to the last drop and feed the addicts to their last gasping breath?

Who in their right mind, yes even the dedicated mallwh*res of the past days would choose to be part of this lunatic circus anymore? At least, if you wanna "recycle" gear do it the way so many other MMOs do it, you can still milk people, but at least provide some kind of illusionary "balance", not this blatant and demented pile of horsepoop.

But what does it matter any more, anyways...

#17 SandySandman

SandySandman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:42 AM

/removed 

#18 Vulpes93

Vulpes93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Server:Nova

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:10 AM

The work on armor isn't over yet.

In some places I agree, helium overdid it. It is to be calibrated. But overall it has to be more valuable than MG set. And that's why it isn't so easy to obtain.

The current goal, however, is to solve the cheating problem. Unfortunately, that will hold any armor/skill changes that are desperately needed. But the will certainly be.

Edited by Vulpes93, 06 June 2017 - 05:11 AM.

#19 FireBee

FireBee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:07 AM

The work on armor isn't over yet.

In some places I agree, helium overdid it. It is to be calibrated. But overall it has to be more valuable than MG set. And that's why it isn't so easy to obtain.

The current goal, however, is to solve the cheating problem. Unfortunately, that will hold any armor/skill changes that are desperately needed. But the will certainly be.

How do p[people cheat, I thought everything was server side?

#20 SandySandman

SandySandman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:05 AM

/removed 

#21 lucifer21c

lucifer21c

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationRepublic of Korea
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:25 PM

One of my guildmember forgave his commander character 2 weeks ago.

Although he invested and finished darkekest ammors with passion, ridiculous armor stat patch made him to drop his character in a week.

He said, there is no role for commander in Raid and battle ground.

Surely, all the job has been forced to chose one style - high HP, S(CAD).

There is no stragegy in battle ground, and everyone would like to or forced to get a more kills.

My character,SR also has been lost his way.

I have played as an assistant role in battle ground, but forced to role like a SIN, because most skills have been useless except Trap of Silence.

I hope up-comming skill update will be based on charateristics of each Class/Job and makes more dynamics with complementary class collaboration in battled ground.

Edited by lucifer21c, 06 June 2017 - 09:39 PM.

#22 Vulpes93

Vulpes93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Server:Nova

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:52 PM

The Goal is and was always the same Vulpes, why you even try pretending something else^^

I tell you as it is, believe or not.

I have no reasons to hide anything from you, I much as anyone desire those changes to be appied asap, because my class is as misareable as many others with skill bugs and has a joke stat as a core stat - DEX.

Aside of anti-hack system there is also hard work moving server side software to 64 bit architecture.

#23 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:19 PM

Woah, shocking. They wrote the server software in 32-bit for a game released in 2008. For an MMO that sounds exceedingly stupid.

#24 FireBee

FireBee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:46 AM

I tell you as it is, believe or not.

I have no reasons to hide anything from you, I much as anyone desire those changes to be appied asap, because my class is as misareable as many others with skill bugs and has a joke stat as a core stat - DEX.

Aside of anti-hack system there is also hard work moving server side software to 64 bit architecture.

So because of the anti-hack system and now coding software to migrate to 64-bit tech, everything else is taking a back burner? Game play should take priority as this is a massive contributing factor in customer base retention and growth, skills mainly. I am happy to throw money at some entertainment and I have thrown a good amount playing this over the years but get priorities right.

Anti-hack, yes, but migrating the code to 64-bit should be lower down in the priority list.

If you'r short of project management then I can offer my services for free if it means things moving forward finally.

Edited by FireBee, 08 June 2017 - 07:50 AM.

#25 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:45 PM

The large takeaway of a decade of Anti-hack is that it doesn't actually work. The only thing it does is provide an impediment in accessing the game. Most anti-hack is bypassable. The only real solution is to properly implement the server-client relationship. For instance speed hacks existed in this game when it had a hack shield. Yet the hack shield was blocking people who had things like tablets or keyboads with programmable hotkeys.

Newer anti-hack solutions install a rootkit that exposes your computer to possible threats. Only way to get rid of it would be to wipe your computer even if you uninstalled the game years before.

Edited by Cleffy, 08 June 2017 - 04:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users