Old Character, New Character [Blacksmith, Bard] - Class Discussion - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Old Character, New Character [Blacksmith, Bard]

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sethimothy

Sethimothy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:49 PM

I've come back to iRO after quite the hiatus because the game's free and also Renewal supposedly changed everything.

The only problem is... I don't really like my Blacksmith so much anymore. He's not at all great for soloing, and I'm at a point where I need better gear to make up for the way I was raising skill points (since I knew where I would ultimately end up, but wasn't focused on one stat change at a time...)

Also on Valkyrie it's kind of hard to get a party as a Blacksmith. Hurf durf.

So I thought I'd roll up a Bard! :)

This post is basically asking for opinions on both, old and new.

Blacksmith:

I was striving for:

STR 99 (+6 job bonus) 105 +1 hilt binding, +4 Crazy Uproar = 110~
AGI 48 (+2 job bonus) 50
VIT 54 (+6 job bonus) 60
INT 10 (+2 job bonus) 12
DEX 48 (+12 job bonus) 60
LUK 18 (+2 job bonus) 20

Not a terrible build for what it is.

Except I'm at level 72 and I'm at...

STR 79
Agi 13
Vit 40
INT 5
Dex 40
Luck 10

Now obviously I've got some cards and some gear to mitigate this, but since I don't have a great weapon fighting anything is SLOW. >.< [Using a "+3 Very Very Strong playername's Wind Two-Handed Axe] And since I don't dodge too well I get hit a lot. So... yeah. I'm at a point where it just isn't fun to play, and I'm not sure if I should keep trying to push Strength up there and then start filling in holes or if I should push Agi up a fair bit for cart revolution and to dodge every now and again.

Any ideas or suggestions outside of "spend your points from scratch again" would be greatly appreciated.

Bard

AGI or VIT? That's the question here. I know that the job class favors Dex until the end, but after that it's really hard for me to say. I imagine I'll be spamming double strafe a lot, especially if I'm soloing, so I'll want an INT higher than 1, but not sure how high... and I know I'll forsake Strength and Luck for the other stats.

Also, is there a point where people go "Oooh, a Bard, we should ask him to party?" Or is it pretty much like all other classes in that if you aren't in a guild or with friends you'll be soloing? It's worth noting I don't know a Gypsy to duo with.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

#2 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:34 PM

transing isnt so hard as u think nowadays, u need to bring your smith's dex up to 70 for soloing, from 90-99 u could probably do it in 3 days, took me 2 days coz of exp event lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users