Ranger: What Renewal should have done - Archer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Ranger: What Renewal should have done

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 ButtardToast

ButtardToast

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • LocationProntera
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:39 PM

Quadruple Strafing
Effect - Rangers who have mastered the art of the bow, are able to push their Bows to their limit and fire four(4) arrows at once.
Max Lv 10 - Damage +760%
SP Cost 24
Offensive

Hawk Eyes
Effect - Increase all stats by 5 for each Maxed skill levels of Owl's Eyes(10), Vulture's Eyes(10), and Falcon Eyes(10). +15 to all Stats total.
Max Lv 10
SP Cost 100
Passive

Hawk Riding
Effect - Mount the leader of the skies, The Hawk. Ranger is able to mount a giant Hawk, while mounted the Ranger is able to attack.
Active

Piercing Hawk
Effect - Similar to Blitz Beat and Falcon Assault, The Hawk dive bomb the target doing One(1) major hit followed by 5 lesser hits. Damage is calculated by Blitz Beat and Falcon Assault skill levels.
Max Lv 10 - Damage +1000% + 5 weaker additional hits

Offensive

Just for Lols...
Kasa Riding...

#2 kira26

kira26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:45 PM

I just want the ranger balancing patch in kRO now =.=

and also overupgrade bonus damage for bow which is missing while all other weapon are working properly..

Edited by kira26, 14 December 2010 - 08:56 PM.

#3 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:44 PM

All of these ideas strike me as terrible ones.

Also, a skill can't be passive and have an SP consumption. Passive skills are innate abilities.

#4 Cryslia

Cryslia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:55 PM

minor point but passive skills don't need to be cast and its obviously too much for a self buff any who on top of falcon eyes imp conc and then this
your looking at +20 to str int luk and vit and +30-40 in agi/dex = no way in hell add blessing or windwalker/ agi up and your looking at+40-50 for dex/agi and 30 str int again no this is even before gear stats and job stats

better bow skills i agree with
i cant really come up with one
but add more hawk skills might not be bad either
like take down blitz a wolf/hawk attack
wolf using charge into warg bite and falcon not needed as active come and strikes at the ranger's calling
adds chance of immobilize via bite adds chance of blind due to blitz adds chance of stun
prereqs blitzbeat 5 warg bite 5 and warg strike 5
max level is 5 has a .1% chance per level per auto warg strike to become take down blitz level 1(never goes higher on auto)
sp cost is 60 +10 per level after 1 or 60 to 100 sp
blitz portion occurs first (att+int(x5-25)) x 3 (basically level effect int dmg 5 per level) blind by base 30-50% based on level \(falcon isn't shown)
warg strike dmg x(1-1.4) starting at max warg strike dmg adding .1 per level after 1
warg bite dmg x (1.2-2) basically 1.2 at level 1 and 2x at level 5 adds chance of immobilize as per warg bite
skill adds chance of stun 1 sec [per level at 10% per level)
Skill description The ranger having spent many years perfecting his arts alongside his falcon as a hunter and sniper. the spirits of the avian aid the ranger in times of crisis and need striking down the ranger's enemies as the the wolf companion takes advantage of the momentary lapse by the enemy blinded by this attack to ravage his companion's enemy. Such is the ferocity of the attack that the creature is often left blinded, immobilized, and/or stunned into helplesness. Range is 3+ your range from vulture eye
By the way i don't even have a hunter let alone a ranger

Edited by Cryslia, 14 December 2010 - 10:47 PM.

#5 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:24 PM

Ranger need more range, even with warg biten mage class and you ctrl click atk them their aoe skills are in range to hit you and 1shot you

Rangers damage is quote "tickles" lowest atk weapons with the most reduced atk and basicly u die to 1 hit from everything seems fare...

Aimedbolt should hit 20-30k like it was suppose to do, considering most classes have a casted 10k+ skill and rangers dont....
Arrow Storm shouldnt have cast time, maybe aftercast but not cast time consider we already have a casted aoe skill which is better... focused arrow strike

Camo... a 10 second semi cloak that goes away if u atk is LAME. u get crit and atk bonus for what reason.. your 1 hit? need to be reworked

Warg... if u hide or camo the big blue wolf kinda gives away ur location >>

I love the warg skills and i hear the trap skills pwn but really the arrow skills are.........

#6 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:44 AM

Why do you want bow skills on a ranger? Don't tell me rangers can equip bows like rogues? :)

#7 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:55 AM

All of these ideas strike me as terrible ones.

Also, a skill can't be passive and have an SP consumption. Passive skills are innate abilities.

I agree.

Edit:
Though, the idea of having new stronger Bird and Bow skills is quite attractive. However I prefer more utility skills. All Rangers can do right now is do damage and snare with only 2 status effects. Where as the other classes has quite a bit of options to their style of play.

Edited by Clogon, 15 December 2010 - 04:58 AM.

#8 SamuelAdams

SamuelAdams

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:09 AM

Sadly, I'd categorize em there as more of a "support class"... xD
(Insert what clogon said here)

Edited by SamuelAdams, 15 December 2010 - 05:09 AM.

#9 ButtardToast

ButtardToast

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • LocationProntera
  • Server:Valk

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:50 AM

I agree.

Edit:
Though, the idea of having new stronger Bird and Bow skills is quite attractive. However I prefer more utility skills. All Rangers can do right now is do damage and snare with only 2 status effects. Where as the other classes has quite a bit of options to their style of play.

Clogon, why don't you think these are good ideas for ranger? Don't tell me you like using traps instead of a bow?

#10 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:12 AM

I just want the ranger balancing patch in kRO now =.=

and also overupgrade bonus damage for bow which is missing while all other weapon are working properly..

I think overupgrade bonuses are gone in general now, cause my maces and dagger and swords etc dont have them no more

#11 kira26

kira26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:14 AM

I think overupgrade bonuses are gone in general now, cause my maces and dagger and swords etc dont have them no more

It still exist in other version of RO though..

#12 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:25 AM

It still exist in other version of RO though..

well then i not sure, cause I read some place they change they upgrade system in kro notes

Attacks:
Physical attack formula:
statusATK for melee attacks = [STR + DEX/5 + LUK/3 + BLv/4]
statusATK for ranged attacks = [Dex + STR/5 + LUK/3 + BLv/4]
statusDEF = [BLv/2 + Vit/2 + Agi/5]
armorDEF = Def provided by equipment + sum of refines of all equipments (except weapons)
upgradeATK:
+2 atk per upgrade for level 1 weapons
+3 atk per upgrade for level 2 weapons
+5 atk per upgrade for level 3 weapons
+7 atk per upgrade for level 4 weapons

Attack Formula:

and they dont show no overupgrade bonus no more, so if there still there and other verison have it then iRO just hasnt fixed it or dont care too, take you pick on which one to believ. I would love to have it back cause that was the main draw to overupgrading weapons,

Edited by Puppet, 15 December 2010 - 09:25 AM.

#13 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:42 AM

@ButtardToast:
Because of flawed concept. The bow skill adds nothing new except more 2x damage at the cost of 4x more weight (Arrows weight a lot more than traps already). The eye skill just promotes what is already flawed with the Ctrl+Clicker which is exponential growth. The riding skill is unnecessary and as it creates to many similarities between the branches. And the last skill, Damage only? How unique is that? Also delayed damage? Sure give the enemies for time to pot up.

@Puppet:
Do you even know what over refine bonus is? The weapons you listed DO have over refine bonus. Just get a damn Vanberk card and test it out. There is no change in the refimenet system except:

1) Upgrades give matk (exact same amount as physical atk)
2) Upgrades can go higher than +10
3) +16 or higher Weapons receive another increase in atk/matk on top of everything else (+12 atk/matk for lvl 4 weapons no confirmed screens of lvl 1, 2 or 3 weapons provided yet)

Edit: They never showed the Over refine bonus in the first place. Post a pre RE screen to prove your claims please...

Edited by Clogon, 15 December 2010 - 09:43 AM.

#14 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:51 AM

@ButtardToast:
Because of flawed concept. The bow skill adds nothing new except more 2x damage at the cost of 4x more weight (Arrows weight a lot more than traps already). The eye skill just promotes what is already flawed with the Ctrl+Clicker which is exponential growth. The riding skill is unnecessary and as it creates to many similarities between the branches. And the last skill, Damage only? How unique is that? Also delayed damage? Sure give the enemies for time to pot up.

@Puppet:
Do you even know what over refine bonus is? The weapons you listed DO have over refine bonus. Just get a damn Vanberk card and test it out. There is no change in the refimenet system except:

3) +16 or higher Weapons receive another increase in atk/matk on top of everything else (+12 atk/matk for lvl 4 weapons no confirmed screens of lvl 1, 2 or 3 weapons provided yet)

Edit: They never shoed the Over refine bonus in the first place. Post a pre RE screen to prove your claims please...

If the overupgrade system is not changed then the stat window no longer shows it cause if this it true, a +8 lvl 3 weapon would be +25 atk at +5 and at +8 +7 atk per upgrade past safe limit before renewal adding +21 atk for total of 51 atk from upgrades, It no longer show that in the stat windo correct or it not there or it broke.

Either way I know how the upgrade system worked before renewal and if it didnt change then it is broke now or dont show it right, Cause everyupgrade after +5 on lvl3 weapons only show +5 atk per upgrade even after safe limit, And I quite away of the damage is random after safe limit, the point anit that point is there is no overupgrade bonus like discribed above anymore, or at lest the stat window no longer show it like it did before renewal, so stop quoting the random damage cause that anit the issue that working just like it was before renewal

#15 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:57 AM

@ButtardToast:

@Puppet:

Edit: They never shoed the Over refine bonus in the first place. Post a pre RE screen to prove your claims please...

If the overupgrade system is not changed then the stat window no longer shows it cause if this it true, a +8 lvl 3 weapon would be +25 atk at +5 and at +8 +7 atk per upgrade past safe limit before renewal adding +21 atk for total of 51 atk from upgrades, It no longer show that in the stat windo correct or it not there or it broke.

Either way I know how the upgrade system worked before renewal and if it didnt change then it is broke now or dont show it right, Cause everyupgrade after +5 on lvl3 weapons only show +5 atk per upgrade even after safe limit, And I quite away of the damage is random after safe limit, the point anit that point is there is no overupgrade bonus like discribed above anymore, or at lest the stat window no longer show it like it did before renewal, so stop quoting the random damage cause that anit the issue that working just like it was before renewal

PRerenewal 10 years this system was like this
Weapons
  • Weapon Lv. 1 - Every +1 upgrade gives +2 ATK (+0-3 ATK for every overupgrade).
  • Weapon Lv. 2 - Every +1 upgrade gives +3 ATK (+0-5 ATK for every overupgrade).
  • Weapon Lv. 3 - Every +1 upgrade gives +5 ATK (+0-7 ATK for every overupgrade).
  • Weapon Lv. 4 - Every +1 upgrade gives +7 ATK (+0-14 ATK for every overupgrade).
THe above is no longer there in renewal or it just not show in the stat window for weapons atk like it did before renewal which what is causing the confusion or poeple thinking the bonus from overupgrading isnt there
REnewal

Weapons
  • Weapon Lv. 1 - Every +1 upgrade gives +2 ATK
  • Weapon Lv. 2 - Every +1 upgrade gives +3 ATK
  • Weapon Lv. 3 - Every +1 upgrade gives +5 ATK
  • Weapon Lv. 4 - Every +1 upgrade gives +7 ATK
AS STATED BY MANY PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM THE OVER UPGRADE BONUS IS NO LONGER THERE, EITHER IT NOT SHOW IN STAT WINDOW OR IT JUST NOT THERE THE RANDOM DAMAGE AFTER SAFE LIMIT IS AN EFFECT OF GOING PAST SAFE LIMIT

THey only thing show overupgrade bonus in renewal right now armor

1DEF per upgrade to +4
2 def per upgrade past +4

This effect of over upgrade bonus is not visual on stat window after renewal on weapons and I checked all my weapons, so either it no longer there and broke or they broke the stat window some how

Edited by Puppet, 15 December 2010 - 10:05 AM.

#16 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:18 AM

Posted Image

Over Refine Bonus NEVER showed up in the first place. See that +20? That is just the normal 2*10 refine bonus not the 1~3*3 over refined bonus. again do you even know what you are talking about? The refine Bonus that you are thinking IS shown it is added to the equip and weapon attack on the screen.

http://forums.irowik...rtal#post926878

See his equipment atk? It is 160 (red twin sword) + 7*20(+20 lvl 4 weapon) + 12*5(bonus from +16 and higher lvl 4 weapon) +20 (2 Core 03) = 380. Stop making :) up if you don't understand the mechanics of the game.

Edit:
Here is an even simpler screen if you don't know how to add.
Posted Image

160+5*5=185

Edited by Resplendent, 15 December 2010 - 10:51 AM.

#17 kira26

kira26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:24 AM

or at lest the stat window no longer show it like it did before renewal, so stop quoting the random damage cause that anit the issue that working just like it was before renewal

The over refine bonus actually never show on stat window either before or after renewal

This is the list of formula I got from other version of RO site:
------------------------------------
lv 4 weapon
+1 = ATK�MATK + 7
+2 = ATK�MATK + 14
+3 = ATK�MATK + 21
+4 = ATK�MATK + 28
+5 = ATK�MATK + 35�50
+6 = ATK�MATK + 42�71
+7 = ATK�MATK + 49�92
+8 = ATK�MATK + 56�113
+9 = ATK�MATK + 63�134
+10 = ATK�MATK + 70�155
+12 = ATK�MATK + 77�176
+11 = ATK�MATK + 84�197
--------------------------------------

In both pre-renewal or after, the stat window only shows the first number.
It never show the over refine bonus.

for example,
Here is a test screenshot from twRO after Renewal:
Posted Image

You can see the damage does vary (789,793,777 for right hand)
and that's because of over refine upgrade, which doesn't not show in stat window
(Katar atk + upgrade + 2 rouge treasure = 148+40+20+2 = 210 atk, the atk+2 is from one of the headgear)

It also applies to my hunter before renewal...which the critical damage always vary within a range.
but right now all my critical damage are constant even with a +8 lv 4 bow.

Edited by kira26, 15 December 2010 - 10:29 AM.

#18 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:30 AM

The over refine bonus actually never show on stat window either before or after renewal

This is the list of formula I got from other version of RO site:
------------------------------------
lv 4 weapon
+1 = ATK�MATK + 7
+2 = ATK�MATK + 14
+3 = ATK�MATK + 21
+4 = ATK�MATK + 28
+5 = ATK�MATK + 35�50
+6 = ATK�MATK + 42�71
+7 = ATK�MATK + 49�92
+8 = ATK�MATK + 56�113
+9 = ATK�MATK + 63�134
+10 = ATK�MATK + 70�155
+12 = ATK�MATK + 77�176
+11 = ATK�MATK + 84�197
--------------------------------------

In both pre-renewal or after, the stat window only shows the first number.
It never show the over refine bonus.

for example,
Here is a test screenshot from twRO after Renewal:
Posted Image

You can see the damage does vary (789,793,777 for right hand)
and that's because of over refine upgrade, which doesn't not show in stat window
(Katar atk + upgrade + 2 rouge treasure = 148+40+20+2 = 210 atk, the atk+2 is from one of the headgear)

It also applies to my hunter before renewal...which the critical damage always vary within a range.
but right now all my critical damage are constant now even with a +8 lv 4 bow.

THen what are you people with bows and 2 hand weapons complain about cause they both have random damage after safe limit if it the crits showing static damage then its crit that changed or is broke

#19 kira26

kira26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:34 AM

THen what are you people with bows and 2 hand weapons complain about cause they both have random damage after safe limit if it the crits showing static damage then its crit that changed or is broke

Crit is just a method to test out the bonus since it shows the max value of your weapon like blacksmith's weapon perfection.

Edited by kira26, 15 December 2010 - 10:51 AM.

#20 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:37 AM

I love how Clogon and Puppet brought over the over-refine bonus argument from another thread. xD

#21 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:41 AM

Thank you for calling me stupid mature kid.

and bow does have RANDOM bonus before renewal

My crit damage is not constant when using my +6 rudra before renewal.

I know it has it before Pre RE. (Edit: I never argued that it didn't only proving to Puppet that it never showed on the status window) You don't need to convince me...

@ButtardToast:
I am sorry for digressing you topic. So going back now:

The thing I don't like most about your suggestions are that they add no versatility to the Ranger. It'll just be the same as always: Snare-> deal damage and hope damage is high enough to kill.

Edited by Clogon, 15 December 2010 - 10:43 AM.

#22 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:41 AM

Because bows don't have this Random bonus. How stupider can you get!?!?!?!?!!?

Right now Bows have random damage past safe limit , the crits are what is not effect by this now

Complain to gravity about , im sure they will fix it in about year or so, cause there so great at fixing thing, I have not touch my sniper since renewal seeing they :) they class over as whole and made them anything but range and fast attacking class, let alone mess with mine since renewal. for the fact that there range attacking is :) now.didnt like traps then sure as hell dont now

Edited by Puppet, 15 December 2010 - 10:45 AM.

#23 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:45 AM

Ohhh I wasn't talking to you but the poster above me... Lol sry for the misunderstanding. I'll edit my post to be more precise about who I am arguing with.

Edit:
@Puppet:
Heim knows about this already and has probably told the kRO Dev about it but it will probably take them like a year to get it fixed...

Edited by Clogon, 15 December 2010 - 10:47 AM.

#24 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:53 AM

Please keep the discussion civil. Moved to the archer section. Keep the insults down or I'll have to lock this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users