167 replies to this topic

#1 icecream2

icecream2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:00 PM

I know the mob scarf is very good giving 240 matk for a lower headgear, but can i know the opinion of the warlock gurus around here on comparison between scarf and toy.

yes mob scarf is very strong and all that, but for warlock our hp is already very low and switching out toy for it seems not very viable.

For example,

fighting Time Holder he periodically use pulse strike which deal around 25k aoe dmg and Ifrit earthquake which deal around 20k dmg.

Is mob scarf 240 matk worth it to switch from toy? warlock is already having a hard time surviving as is. switching out toy will force me to use berry/seed more, in the case for time holder every 30s i need to berry/seed.

Why im asking? im planning to either save money for future magician glove(if ever) or open 50 box now.

#2 KingZero2016

KingZero2016

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationWinterfell
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:26 PM

following thread. 

#3 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:33 PM

it's +360 MATK i think, just use mobscarf if you can out potion the damage of the monster you're fighting.

You'll might save just as much or maybe more coz the battle is gonna finish way quicker. 

Mobscarf has also more general use than the future magician's glove so better grab a mobscarf now.

#4 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:47 PM

Scarf wins no doubt lol

Edited by ChakriGuard, 08 June 2017 - 08:49 PM.

#5 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:56 PM

Just a means of comparison, and Max enchanted FAW with spells and antique book will net you 66+60matk (inluding cards)

This lower mouth piece gives you 360matk. I don't think there's much comparison needed. Wear a flamel card on garment instead lol.

Edited by Doomsquare, 08 June 2017 - 08:56 PM.

#6 icecream2

icecream2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:02 PM

it's +360 MATK i think, just use mobscarf if you can out potion the damage of the monster you're fighting.

You'll might save just as much or maybe more coz the battle is gonna finish way quicker. 

Mobscarf has also more general use than the future magician's glove so better grab a mobscarf now.

Im thinking exactly this. But my concern is for mvp burst dmg, as of right now im fine solo killing most MVP right now just by using toy. To substitute for mob scarf +360 matk(120int/120dex) would give huge dmg boost but take away crucial potting time. Most warlock have around 30k hp at 175, getting hit by earthquake/hell judgement/pulse strike removes roughly 90% of hp pool. Is the matk worth it?

Battle will never finish quicker. I know this to be true, time holder have 24m hp, ifrit 7m hp, fallen bishop 6m, kimi have 60m hp, cenia 5m. Each and everyone of those mvp have the potential to one hit KO. Using toy i would only need 8 slims@2 second to fully heal from those deadly shots. Without toy would take 16 slims @6second or more to fully heal, all while getting pummeled by said mvp.

The timing doesn't matter much for other classes but it really is gruesome for warlock.

#7 icecream2

icecream2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:03 PM

Just a means of comparison, and Max enchanted FAW with spells and antique book will net you 66+60matk (inluding cards)

This lower mouth piece gives you 360matk. I don't think there's much comparison needed. Wear a flamel card on garment instead lol.

I see. Now this is a really good option. Thank you.

#8 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:20 PM

Another comparison. If you have 1100 raw MATK, an Amdarais Card will give you 15% = 165 MATK (I know it's a little bit more complex, but it's something like this). Also, it will occupy the armor slot, which sometimes is your main survival gear, giving you resistance against a high damage elemental attack.

Well, my opinion is that the game would've been less damaged if they put Amdarais Card (and some other MVP Cards) on Cash Shop. But as we strongly rejected Penetration and Tempest sets, they sent these OP items instead. We... no, not we, I was totally pro Tempest set... some vets pretending to represent "the community" planted the seed that brought Cylinder, Tengu Set and now this item to us. And certainly there's much more to come. Well, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!  :pif:

BTW, don't buy it. Let's boycot it, lol.

#9 icecream2

icecream2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:23 PM

Another comparison. If you have 1100 raw MATK, an Amdarais Card will give you 15% = 165 MATK (I know it's a little bit more complex, but it's something like this). Also, it will occupy the armor slot, which sometimes is your main survival gear, giving you resistance against a high damage elemental attack.

Well, my opinion is that the game would've been less damaged if they put Amdarais Card (and some other MVP Cards) on Cash Shop. But as we strongly rejected Penetration and Tempest sets, they sent these OP items instead. We... no, not we, I was totally pro Tempest set... some vets pretending to represent "the community" planted the seed that brought Cylinder, Tengu Set and now this item to us. And certainly there's much more to come. Well, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!  :pif:

=.=. i just bought flamel card and sunglass. oh well..

#10 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:45 PM

get the scarf, get you nightmare ancient mummy or antique book, you dont need much reduction, only to tank on some moments, so you can swap between gear. Scarf is totally the most op thing you can get for your WL right now, is a no brainer. you will get over 1k matk now on your status windows pretty easily.

I only use reductions on faws on very specific cases, like tanking celine kmi on fury or bangungnot, on fury, but for most of the time i keep antique book or nightmare ancient mummy by default, wls are really good at survivality, safety wall and quagmire are very useful most of the time.

Anyway, with all the power, i really feel discouraged by this item, when i see all our lowers giving 5 matk, or 5 atk or 1% matk or 2% reduction and then this beast appear, i mean, with all the matk or atk you get is better than some mvps, i think is like having a bryn on your face lol, really broken.

Edited by Sewasan, 08 June 2017 - 09:49 PM.

#11 Darkshneider

Darkshneider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:45 PM

This is my beef with it.This lower is much MUCH stronger than many MVP cards.Mvp cards with 0.02% to drop...i dont think something should overpower an mvp card in strenght((exept sets)).And this dosent drop in game.Yes I'm a MATK nut but I saw this and went like "this is great and all but..." so far I'm not getting it,but the feeling its in the background that if I don't ill be average warlock compared to others :/

Edited by Darkshneider, 08 June 2017 - 10:06 PM.

#12 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:02 PM

Almost 9X Brynhild with current set between flattery robe and scarf as well as 81%> mdef piercing.

Too bad WoE is dead.

#13 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:07 PM

get the scarf, get you nightmare ancient mummy or antique book, you dont need much reduction, only to tank on some moments, so you can swap between gear. Scarf is totally the most op thing you can get for your WL right now, is a no brainer. you will get over 1k matk now on your status windows pretty easily.

I only use reductions on faws on very specific cases, like tanking celine kmi on fury or bangungnot, on fury, but for most of the time i keep antique book or nightmare ancient mummy by default, wls are really good at survivality, safety wall and quagmire are very useful most of the time.

Anyway, with all the power, i really feel discouraged by this item, when i see all our lowers giving 5 matk, or 5 atk or 1% matk or 2% reduction and then this beast appear, i mean, with all the matk or atk you get is better than some mvps, i think is like having a bryn on your face lol, really broken.

Like from 1 moment to another they dropped the bomb of an item having 3 times and a half the effect of Entweihen Card, this made everyone lose their mind at beginning and now sadly in my case when i thought i was done with WL gears now to go start saving for this, ty iRO for my stress at this young age! Still can't complain about the item since it's a significative boost for WLs

#14 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Server:iRO Thor

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:31 PM

I know the mob scarf is very good giving 240 matk for a lower headgear, but can i know the opinion of the warlock gurus around here on comparison between scarf and toy.

yes mob scarf is very strong and all that, but for warlock our hp is already very low and switching out toy for it seems not very viable.

For example,

fighting Time Holder he periodically use pulse strike which deal around 25k aoe dmg and Ifrit earthquake which deal around 20k dmg.

Is mob scarf 240 matk worth it to switch from toy? warlock is already having a hard time surviving as is. switching out toy will force me to use berry/seed more, in the case for time holder every 30s i need to berry/seed.

Why im asking? im planning to either save money for future magician glove(if ever) or open 50 box now.

its damage increase is every 80 of total int and dex

meaning a dex/int total of 240 will titerally give 360 f***ing matk. its such a gigantic increase for a measly lower hg. tested on ice wall: my 65k x 4 TV, became 80k x 4. thats 260k before and 320k after.

I am so F***ing happy i got it within 15  pcs of ocp7

#15 icecream2

icecream2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:45 AM

its damage increase is every 80 of total int and dex

meaning a dex/int total of 240 will titerally give 360 f***ing matk. its such a gigantic increase for a measly lower hg. tested on ice wall: my 65k x 4 TV, became 80k x 4. thats 260k before and 320k after.

I am so F***ing happy i got it within 15  pcs of ocp7

My friend open 79 box. No dice. Im considering selling my robe to buy this instead. Who needs a 100matk robe when u can have 360 matk using scarf. With these dmg calculations i wonder if i can kill a mvp without even equiping a weapon? Lol should try this out.

#16 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:04 AM

Wow, a +10 staff of destruction in mouth.
B-r-o-k-e-n.
Perhaps the programmer did typo, he wanted to write +12 matk for each sum, but +120 instead. 3x sum should be 36 matk which is fine, but turned to be 360. Hahaha...

#17 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:36 AM

It seems fine to me. Not that broken. Hanky gives 3% redux is still the most broken lower headgear lol

#18 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:49 AM

Its awesome, now I think even at lv.150 it is possible to OHKO Big Bell. I will get my Mob Scarf and try it again to see how much improvement I get with my DPS, too bad I dont have a perfectly enchanted Flattery Robe yet and my vicious mind rod aint usable until lv.160.

#19 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:58 AM

I dont get why the comparison between both items since they serve 2 completely different purposes.

If you need survivability, go Syringe. If you need damage, go Scarf. It is that simple.

#20 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:26 AM

Is it just me, or this item benefits spellcasters more than other classes?

#21 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:40 AM

more or less. It's mainly due to the fact that most damage caster builds will get 120 dex and int regardless of this items.

#22 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1232 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:08 AM

I dont get why the comparison between both items since they serve 2 completely different purposes.

If you need survivability, go Syringe. If you need damage, go Scarf. It is that simple.

was going to say the same lol XD

#23 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:11 AM

Yes, but... not really... but yes. I see... Since the other classes have different builds which make their status alocation vary significantly, they won't get as much focused benefit as spellcasters, since all default 120 INT/DEX and will get full 360 MATK and X% (I don't remember) VCT reduction. Still, even when getting multiple DPS layers (ATK%, Crit Dmg%, ASPD%), the added benefit doesn't seem to be of the same magnitude (360 MATK = ~35% MATK), but I asked because I didn't do the math and wanted to know if my impression was right. :P

#24 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:14 AM

Has anyone here tried personally the mob scarf so far? Obviously the 360 matk boost should make a pretty noticeable difference in dmg so kinda waiting for people to give their tests about it xD. Only person that has tried it with WL that i know said that it was a disappointment

#25 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:17 AM

Yeah, mage classes default to 120 INT/DEX, while for physical classes its rare to get 120 STR/LUK combo. The amount of MATK it adds depends on your weapon and other gears, more specifically your raw MATK. For +15 Crimson Rod its about 30%, for La'Cryma Set the percentage should be greater.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 09 June 2017 - 09:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users