Soul Hunter Skill Changes Suggestion - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Soul Hunter Skill Changes Suggestion

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:58 AM

Soul Hunter/Defiler/Dominator Skill Changes Suggestion :

Shape of Fear Soul_Hunter_Shape_of_Fear.gif

Duration at max level  should be lowered from 22 seconds to 16 seconds, currently the 22 second duration is most times unnecessary for the battle purpose and way too long for a fear effect.

Blessing of Wind  Soul_Hunter_Blessing_of_Wind.gif

With the latest changes this skill had, we already see a bit more Soul Hunters investing in this skill.

The only problem is the duration, which is 150 seconds at maxed level.

Considering it's a casted buff, it can give a pretty unpleasant disadvantage when it expires while fighting, as well  the Soul Hunter has to constantly rebuff it to avoid that situation...making it a very time consuming skill for an effect that doesn't deserve such low duration.

Suggestion : Increase the buff duration to be 5 minutes.      

Shadow Binding  Soul_Hunter_Shadow_Binding.gif

The so high duration you can benefit from DNA makes it pointless to invest more than 1 skill point in the skill (I usually take it to level  1 with 8 DNA points, which makes it 23 second duration and its CD is 23.4 sec, good enough for most situations and to "chain" it).

The duration you can have if you max the skill + the DNA is 42 seconds of root, which is insane.      

Suggestion : Cut the DNA to max level 5 (which will bring only an additional 10 seconds instead of 20 seconds to the skill original duration).

Deadly Bomb  Soul_Hunter_Deadly_Bomb.gif

This skill became more and more useless in the recent years, as now the skill is totally useless  for a good geared player because of the outdated values.

This skill can't be balanced around the DOT, otherwise we should balance it around darkest +30 players, resulting in a too strong skill for an MG player, lower level player or such.

Suggestion : Change the skill to do % damage instead of DOT damage at the end of the duration.

The skill would do 20% damage at level 10, and an additional 10% would come from DNA, to a max of 30%.

Note : The skill can be easily removed by DOT remover skills, such as mystic totem.

Summoned Monster Lesser Heal  Dominator_Familiar_Lesser_Heal.gif

This skill doesn't see any play.

Dominator has too many pets to heal each of them, and this skill never been worth the effort and the skill points, since pets die way too fast and can be simply re-summoned most of the times.

Unlike Avenger, which is supposed to support his captured pet, Dominator, having many summons, should rather take advantage from them for himself.

Suggestion : Change the skill to, instead of healing a summon, kill or damage a summon and trigger an heal for the Dominator (would be better if it kills a summon and not only damage it, not sure if possible).

This would be an amazing mechanic for Dominator, would fit well and would make MIND more useful for the class too.

The Skill would keep his cast, and DNAs, CD should be increased from 5.4 seconds to 8 seconds.

Attack of Curse  Soul_Hunter_Attack_of_Curse.gif

If Attack of Curse as % SCAD debuff is not possible,  Attack of Curse would be interesting as a Curse Resistance Debuff.

It would do a 30% curse debuff at max level, + a new DNA of 5 points to increase it by 10%, to a max of 40% with both DNA and skill maxed (would give Dominator an higher DNA choices, which domi lacks atm).

Pros : It would make Dominator more useful  in RAIDs and PvE in general.

NOTE : While there is 1 or more debuff for each element, there isn't any Curse Resistance Debuff Skill.

NOTE2 : Together with defiler it becomes a really nice combination (like elem + mystics, or elem+tempest).

Broken Morale  Protector_Broken_Morale.gif

Suggestions : Bring back its cast time and add a DNA to shorten it to instant (5 levels DNA).

This way it will save the Old Lithy Fog animation and make the skill slower, so it will be harder to lay the debuff since enemies will be able to interrupt the debuff in its "animation cast time".

NOTE ON DOMINATOR'S SUMMONS : All summons need improvements in overall stats, since the stats are way too outdated (last change just took most summons HP to have a similar HP of Humbaba and  changed ennon to be 90 at max). 

Take in consideration that each summon (except reaper) should have its own "focus" :

Kazara, being a melee summon, should have an high HP and STR/short range damage,

Lenatore, being a ranged summon, should have less HP and high DEX/long range damage,

Ennon, being the "healer" summon, should have less HP even than lenatore, but high MIND,

Nastech, being the "caster" summon, should have HP similar to Ennon, but high INT,

Humbaba focus should be mainly in CON/HP.

Summon Medium Kazara   Dominator_Summon_Medium_Kazara.gif

Protector Restraint Rescission should be able to remove Kazara's slowness (not really a dominator change but that anyway involve dominator in a way).

Summon Medium Lenatore  Dominator_Summon_Medium_Lenatore.gif

Useless summon with no skills at all.

Suggestion :  Add a useful skill to it (like a weaker version of Shock Bullet...the Disgust Hunter's Soccer kick but that kicks only 1 buff).

Summon Humbaba  Dominator_Summon_Humbaba.gif

As now the pet in battlefield can't reach opponents because of the low HP.

Humbaba most of the times, get a weird bug causing it to run backward and waste the stun.

Suggestion + Fix : Change Humbaba AI to first do 1 AA hit, and then stun.

Self Heal of Humbaba is useless, wastes a lot of time casting it (very high cast) for very low amount. Remove it or repurpose it. 

Summon Reaper  Dominator_Summon_Reaper.gif

Possibly use Dark Priest mob (which look more like a reaper with scythe and has a cool AA) since Dark Priest isn't used elsewhere, would result in an unique summon that can't be found in open world.

a5a7342f8b25ac4c62e2ea97366ed774.jpg

Would be cool if it could be turned into a curse damage skill (Attack of Curse animation!) which summons the reaper, just to give it a fresh summoning mechanic.

The Skill need many improvements, because at the moment,  it is only an AA pet which easily get stuck in CC effects.

Would be cool if the Reaper  have an AOE that trigger on death and single target skills, which deals curse damage or DOT enemies.

Edited by Kazara, 14 June 2017 - 01:36 PM.

#2 reqbugkiller

reqbugkiller

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:57 PM

Attack of Curse  Soul_Hunter_Attack_of_Curse.gif

If Attack of Curse as % SCAD debuff is not possible,  Attack of Curse would be interesting as a Curse Resistance Debuff.

It would do a 30% curse debuff at max level, + a new DNA of 5 points to increase it by 10%, to a max of 40% with both DNA and skill maxed (would give Dominator an higher DNA choices, which domi lacks atm).

Pros : It would make Dominator more useful  in RAIDs and PvE in general.

NOTE : While there is 1 or more debuff for each element, there isn't any Curse Resistance Debuff Skill.

NOTE2 : Together with defiler it becomes a really nice combination (like elem + mystics, or elem+tempest).

Newer. Domi - summoner. Not DD/not debuffer/not Elementalist.

-30% Curse skill + 5 lvl debuff -20% curse + INT debuff = 20k hit to all players.

Madness.

P.S. [ ] you remove unnecessary skills and asking replace them to the most imbalanced of the possible for totally domination 1 vs 1 in game.

P.P.S. Helium not stupid dont try.

Edited by VModStrawberry, 14 June 2017 - 07:22 AM.
No insults please.

#3 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 June 2017 - 08:33 PM

You are the same one who said Dominator is an afk class and shouldn't have anything reqbugkiller.
I remove unnecessary skills? If you meant back when Soul Hunter had AoC leeching per sec, with that skill I had 90% K/D ratios and doing a 100/0 in TB was very easy, as long as soloing RAIDs like voxyon.

Edited by Kazara, 12 June 2017 - 08:37 PM.

#4 LadyFrejia

LadyFrejia

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:11 AM

/removed

Edited by LadyFrejia, 26 June 2017 - 11:31 AM.

#5 reqbugkiller

reqbugkiller

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:14 AM

-40% curse + 20% dd5 + int debuff = NOT 20k to all players. Use a Scad 1 ball or Pcad 2 ball. Sure, melee toons will get hit harder, but thats the drawback of being a melee toon. Bad resist.

All phys profession have 80-100% resist. 100% res its who use 70 +30 Theme battle ornament.

Lets calculate.
100-40-20-10=30%

Domi who hit 7.5 in 80% res hit 18k in 30%. And hit 22k in 0%.

U think its normal for summoner ?

#6 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:06 AM

All phys profession have 80-100% resist. 100% res its who use 70 +30 Theme battle ornament.

Lets calculate.
100-40-20-10=30%

Domi who hit 7.5 in 80% res hit 18k in 30%. And hit 22k in 0%.

U think its normal for summoner ?

You are inventing numbers.

Most phy classes has a base resistance of 40% without considering ornament, if not higher.

The domi that hit 7.5k on CAP does hit 7.2-7.3k on cap, 7.4 or almost 7.5 with debuff and TB buff that triggers, and he is full regals. Full regals.

He has a 46k hp and lower than cap defense, to have more defense he has to use doll and lose another 100 damages. That means he is paper from any melee.

There is no domi that would hit 18k on 30%. Again, you are inventing numbers.

And again, you are considering ONLY 1v1 aspect, balance is not only about 1v1.

Not to mention most melee can switch to TB shield which gives additional 70% resistance, as they already do against elems.

Edited by Kazara, 14 June 2017 - 04:07 AM.

#7 reqbugkiller

reqbugkiller

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:30 AM

You are inventing numbers.

1) Most phy classes has a base resistance of 40% without considering ornament, if not higher.

2) And again, you are considering ONLY 1v1 aspect, balance is not only about 1v1.

1) My zerk with no int enchants have only 25-30% resist. All AA and SS sin/zerk/sr/commie/ranger/avenger who not use INT ench. have ~30% resist (witn no equip ornament)

2) No. This is what you are trying to do from the summoner/support to elementalist/DD.
Do you like playing with professions that do damage? Play them, do not break the balance and do not turn a single sammoner in the game into an analog elementalist.

#8 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:47 AM

1) My zerk with no int enchants have only 25-30% resist. All AA and SS sin/zerk/sr/commie/ranger/avenger who not use INT ench. have ~30% resist (witn no equip ornament)

2) No. This is what you are trying to do from the summoner/support to elementalist/DD.
Do you like playing with professions that do damage? Play them, do not break the balance and do not turn a single sammoner in the game into an analog elementalist.

You avoid most of what I say, can I know the reason? 

Your zerk can't have less than 30% base resistance, even if u avoid anything INT related, simply because of INT from darkest and resistance from 89 jewels, so why do u even mention that 25%? [ ]

Domi is not only a summoner, but also a debuffer.

And if domi is so powerful as you say,  why there are so few dominators around?

Simple :  because pets are too weak, has few debuffs and in mass pvp it can do nothing other than KS and morale. PvE is completely useless unless in a melee party, which is a bad idea.

Edited by VModStrawberry, 14 June 2017 - 07:35 AM.

#9 LadyFrejia

LadyFrejia

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:50 AM

/removed

#10 dvchel

dvchel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Server:Tifri (Cronus before)

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:46 AM

Avenger with just darkest set has 45% resist all. No enchants.
Not sure why you making numbers up.
What's wrong with a support toon debuffing curse resist? Sounds like that supports defilers.

jmWjDeJpZwo.jpg

#11 reqbugkiller

reqbugkiller

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:47 AM

Your zerk can't have less than 30% base resistance, even if u avoid anything INT related, simply because of INT from darkest and resistance from 89 jewels, so why do u even mention that 25%? [ ] 

Proof.

cfff835c02a1.jpg

[ ]

Edited by VModStrawberry, 14 June 2017 - 07:36 AM.

#12 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:49 AM

[ ] read before reply. What are you trying to show? I said you can't have less than 30% base resistance and in the SS you show 34%  :heh:

And dvchel reply to avenger showing a WL hahahahaha   :p_laugh:

Edited by VModStrawberry, 14 June 2017 - 07:37 AM.

#13 LadyFrejia

LadyFrejia

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:49 AM

/removed

#14 Vulpes93

Vulpes93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Server:Nova

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:51 AM

But you said it was 25-30% and we clearly see over than 30%

I'm not sure what the fuss is about, but it will never hurt to add some resist debuff. 

It's no big deal, it is easy enough to have even more than 80% of curse resist.

What surprises me for most is the fact that Berserk has less HP than Druid. 

This is unheard of if you ask me  :heh:

Edited by Vulpes93, 14 June 2017 - 05:53 AM.

#15 reqbugkiller

reqbugkiller

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:54 AM

I communicate with vegetables? Remove 10% of the TD stats and 5% guild stats. Lol.

[ ]

Edited by VModStrawberry, 14 June 2017 - 07:38 AM.

#16 Vulpes93

Vulpes93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Server:Nova

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:57 AM

[ ]

You didn't mention any bonuses in the first place. You shouldn't call anyone liar if you show us something that contradicts your facts.

Edited by VModStrawberry, 14 June 2017 - 07:40 AM.

#17 LadyFrejia

LadyFrejia

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:59 AM

/removed

Edited by LadyFrejia, 26 June 2017 - 11:33 AM.

#18 dvchel

dvchel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:01 AM

And dvchel reply to avenger showing a WL hahahahaha   :p_laugh:

Ah, if avengers have more resist, than yeah, it's a reason to give domi % curse debuff

#19 LadyFrejia

LadyFrejia

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:03 AM

/removed

Edited by LadyFrejia, 26 June 2017 - 11:33 AM.

#20 dvchel

dvchel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:04 AM

And no even a single word about 2 bugged debufs without animation...

#21 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:07 AM

And no even a single word about 2 bugged debufs without animation...

They have same animation as stealing mana, what are you talking about?xD

#22 LadyFrejia

LadyFrejia

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:08 AM

/removed

Edited by LadyFrejia, 26 June 2017 - 11:34 AM.

#23 dvchel

dvchel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:08 AM

Ignored everything and commented on the least important thing possible.

Everything I ignored is doesn't matter as melee classes will get too much dmg from domi.

#24 LadyFrejia

LadyFrejia

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:10 AM

/removed

Edited by LadyFrejia, 26 June 2017 - 11:34 AM.

#25 reqbugkiller

reqbugkiller

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:14 AM

2320274f2d77.jpg

No Guild no TD no Pet.

[ ]

Edited by VModStrawberry, 14 June 2017 - 07:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users