Whatever Happened To Regional Pricing? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Whatever Happened To Regional Pricing?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:25 AM

Forgive my ignorance about this topic but are there any actual plans on implementing this? It's anniversary week and there are a -_-ton of items and events that require a lot of KP, unfortunately for people like me that are not getting payed in USD or are in 3rd world countries this'll be a large blow to our wallet.

Thanks

Edited by Usurper, 14 June 2017 - 05:25 AM.

#2 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:33 AM

up

#3 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:36 AM

The problem with that is I can just VPN to your country, buy some prepaid cash card online, then pay a fraction of the price than I would pay in USD. 
Or some people might buy a bunch of WPE code cheap and resell it to the US customer at a fraction the price.

#4 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:15 AM

The thing is that this was discussed in the pro migration thread sometime ago which will change the prices of items in Thor which shouldve been Asian oriented

....rrmained a discussion till present

#5 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:57 AM

The problem with that is I can just VPN to your country, buy some prepaid cash card online, then pay a fraction of the price than I would pay in USD. 
Or some people might buy a bunch of WPE code cheap and resell it to the US customer at a fraction the price.

Even if you VPN if the method of transaction is thru mobile then you still can't buy. I don't see any option that allows buying of virtual currency that doesn't require mobile number verification if there is then that's another story.The selling of WPE or buying thru players is your own decision so if that person gain some fraction or not then it's not WPs problem.

#6 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:04 AM

Well technically WP loses out right? Because no one in their right mind would be paying the US prices if you can get the same thing legitimately at 1/4 the cost from a guy from Asia.

#7 osueboy

osueboy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:05 PM

I know is not WP problem. but i saw USD rice 35% last year up to 20 MXN per dollar, so now i barely buy WP, steam sells in mxn and didnt affect me, but now everything in dollars is really expensive to me.

#8 mark0707

mark0707

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:13 PM

lol if this game gets regional pricing i will make sure to buy through VPN alot haha i will me like this music below :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

https://www.youtube....h?v=rAirFpUl97k

Edited by mark0707, 14 June 2017 - 01:14 PM.

#9 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:14 PM

For each region it comes down to what payment processors/options we are able to partner with for individual countries. If you have suggestions I am sure that the payment team would be happy to hear them. Usually the payment processor that is unique to a region will have the regional pricing. The Universal Payment options such as paypal always charge the full USD amount. There are regionally locked option available for users from those areas.

#10 zilahmonsan

zilahmonsan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:08 PM

I see PayEasy in my payment options with PH banks in the options, is this an implementation of regional pricing or that's yet to arrive?

#11 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:17 PM

I was able to buy Overwatch for half the price just by using argentina as my country - without using any VPN and Blizzard doesn't seem to mind it. People are still using this method of purchasing the game. 

I'm just saying. This could be a point of reference tho I'm pretty sure there could be a lot of safeguards in place to prevent that for WP's case.

#12 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:19 PM

For each region it comes down to what payment processors/options we are able to partner with for individual countries. If you have suggestions I am sure that the payment team would be happy to hear them. Usually the payment processor that is unique to a region will have the regional pricing. The Universal Payment options such as paypal always charge the full USD amount. There are regionally locked option available for users from those areas.

What about direct purchase from the website via credit card? In PH, we got PayMaya (not sure if it's locally based) and is definitely the most hassle-free method of payment as it counts as a credit card.

#13 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:32 PM

People from the US can take advantage of this, so sure, implement it.

#14 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:37 PM

Eh.

Wasn't there a Brazilian payment processor that gave you like 10k WPE for $30 USD? I remember a lot of BRs getting rich off that.

#15 zilahmonsan

zilahmonsan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:06 PM

Eh.

Wasn't there a Brazilian payment processor that gave you like 10k WPE for $30 USD? I remember a lot of BRs getting rich off that.

*Immediately checks WP*

No longer there. But I checked PayEasy option method and 10k WP = 86.64 USD

Now I just need to find that 86.64 USD.

#16 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:53 PM

Eh.

dont forget that whatever someone gets in R$ is also a bit more than 3 times less valuable than USD.

If you wanna say it was 30 usd (wich wasnt), dont forget the average person was getting about 250-300 usd a month :v

#17 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:55 PM

dont forget that whatever someone gets in R$ is also a bit more than 3 times less valuable than USD.

If you wanna say it was 30 usd (wich wasnt), dont forget the average person was getting about 250-300 usd a month :v

$250-300? How the heck can you live off of that amount dude =_=

#18 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:00 PM

ever heard of exchange rates?

it is a little for some places, it is a lot for others, it is k here.

Edited by Ashuckel, 14 June 2017 - 05:01 PM.

#19 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:10 PM

ever heard of exchange rates?

it is a little for some places, it is a lot for others, it is k here.

I know the exchange rate but certain price tag is the same across the country aka car.
Even my car cost me $750 a month and I already put 20% down

#20 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:17 PM

$250-300 a month?

Converting to my local rates. Enough for food (2x Chicken Rice or 8x Indomee a day), Petrol for 22 working days (100 litres) , A  small room rental and leftover for internet/telephone or a the installment of the smallest 2nd hand Car here.

:heh:

I can get a personal pizza instead of chicken rice if I wanted to.

#21 DexRain

DexRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationProbably stuck at work lurking the forums
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Classic

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:47 PM

I've paid less than $500 USD outright for most of the cars I've owned in my lifetime, $750/month for a car payment seems insane unless you're including insurance and fuel costs <.<

To be fair minimum wage here is around $1500/month before taxes for a full time 40/hr job, so probably around $1200 after.

Cost of living has to be taken into account too, the US has rather high average cost of living compared to other countries afaik.

But yeah I can totally see how someone making the equivalent of $250 USD/month wouldn't want to dump $$$ into VIP/KP at US rates

#22 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:53 PM

Nope excluding insurance And gas cost i pay insurance 1k per 6 months with progressive. If I use Geico or farmers or other it will cost me more like $1500 for 6 months. Good thing progressive quoted me so cheap.

#23 DexRain

DexRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationProbably stuck at work lurking the forums
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Classic

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:30 PM

Dang I'm assuming you have a much newer/nicer car than my current ride (1986 Plymouth Horizon, 380,468 miles, paid $420 for it) and that you have more than the basic required-by-law doesn't really cover anything insurance that I have (I still pay around $750 every 6 months =.=) 

That still seems like a lot to me though

#24 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:36 PM

Dang I'm assuming you have a much newer/nicer car than my current ride (1986 Plymouth Horizon, 380,468 miles, paid $420 for it) and that you have more than the basic required-by-law doesn't really cover anything insurance that I have (I still pay around $750 every 6 months =.=)

That still seems like a lot to me though

Nah only some junk not worth it at all. Only Acura MDX sh-awd with adv package. I want tesla X thou but over 120k sigh

#25 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:17 PM

$250-300 a month?

Converting to my local rates. Enough for food (2x Chicken Rice or 8x Indomee a day), Petrol for 22 working days (100 litres) , A  small room rental and leftover for internet/telephone or a the installment of the smallest 2nd hand Car here.

:heh:

I can get a personal pizza instead of chicken rice if I wanted to.

save for marriage perhaps?  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users