Macro/AHK with Tele? Possible? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Macro/AHK with Tele? Possible?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:57 PM

Hi. I'm just wondering if it's possible or even legal to make a AHK script that allows you to teleport automatically with Teleport lvl 1 as if you're just using fly wings.

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:04 PM

Yeah its allowed.

something like

Your hotkey for teleport::

send, {hotkey}

Send,  {enter}

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:16 PM

just gotta make it press enter after you press the hotkey, with like, a 0,1~0,2s delay

#4 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:10 PM

Is the delay affected by ping/latency, aspd, or system specs? I just realized the Logitech's software for its peripherals can record multi-key macros.

#5 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:18 AM

both

#6 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:15 AM

Uhm which of those 3? aspd and ping?

#7 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:04 PM

It is important to mention user interaction is required for the macro to be legal. Please do not automate the macro, such as running it do things for you while AFK.

#8 Caturae

Caturae

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:32 PM

It is important to mention user interaction is required for the macro to be legal. Please do not automate the macro, such as running it do things for you while AFK.

Macros shouldn't be discussed period. There's user interaction involved to get a bot running or to get something to do things for you (vend, etc.) while AFK.

Macroing *is* botting. This is like saying "you can use an aimbot in this FPS, but only to help SOME of your shots, don't use it as a crutch".

#9 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:02 PM

Macroing *is* botting. This is like saying "you can use an aimbot in this FPS, but only to help SOME of your shots, don't use it as a crutch".

Auto targeting MVPs or Monsters are illegal i think.

Pressing 1 button to reload and change weapon, for example Hit Shoot on a shotgun then immediately swapping to a Handgun for another shot, should be legal. The targeting is still manual.

Thats why they say Macro that does not automate play. Aimbot would be autoplay to a degree.

#10 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 02:40 AM

move on

#11 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:54 AM

Macros shouldn't be discussed period. 

But we just did. 

#12 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:13 AM

Anyway, dafuq did I just read. 

There's user interaction involved to get a bot running

No. There's none. It's automated gameplay

This is like saying "you can use an aimbot in this FPS, but only to help SOME of your shots, don't use it as a crutch".

First, why compare FPS with an MMO? 

Second, aimbot allows you to actually "win" fps games even if you don't aimbot all of your shots. How does having a macro actually make me "win" in this MMO?

#13 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:14 AM

Macros shouldn't be discussed period. There's user interaction involved to get a bot running or to get something to do things for you (vend, etc.) while AFK.

stop trolling

#14 cjaramis

cjaramis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:35 AM

Glad you are just another user with an opinion, even if a very limited one.

Do some research. Try for yourself. If after that you still dont understand the utility of a well placed macro in different areas of Iro then fine... Other players will do better and GMs will continue to implement policies that make sense in this regard.

Have a good day.

Edited by cjaramis, 22 June 2017 - 05:46 AM.

#15 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:09 AM

Warpportal staff has made it clear between use of Macros and use of third party programs (bots). Both allows automation however the latter is on a much higher level and strictly prohibited.

If a user ran a macro that imitates bot's job then the GM staff will treat the action as botting, simple as that. That being said, simple scripts to spam a key with active user interaction are widely accepted. It is problematic however if the script automate things like auto potting.

#16 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:14 AM

automate things like auto potting.

By automate you mean potting without pressing any buttons? What if I use the same script for RC that allows spamming a shortcut just by holding down a button?

#17 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:21 AM

By automate you mean potting without pressing any buttons? What if I use the same script for RC that allows spamming a shortcut just by holding down a button?

Correct for the first.

Script for spamming shortcut by holding a key is all right to use.

#18 Caturae

Caturae

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:09 AM

Warpportal staff has made it clear between use of Macros and use of third party programs (bots). Both allows automation however the latter is on a much higher level and strictly prohibited.

If a user ran a macro that imitates bot's job then the GM staff will treat the action as botting, simple as that. That being said, simple scripts to spam a key with active user interaction are widely accepted. It is problematic however if the script automate things like auto potting.

This is why it's dumb to allow any of it.

I'm allowed to have a packet injector spamming a skill faster than my connection and hardware allow, but the second it's done for potions, I'm suddenly "cheating"? Why?

#19 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:15 AM

This is why it's dumb to allow any of it.

I'm allowed to have a packet injector spamming a skill faster than my connection and hardware allow, but the second it's done for potions, I'm suddenly "cheating"? Why?

You're not allowed to do that though. 

And potion macros are illegal if they react FOR you, not if you press the button. 

#20 Caturae

Caturae

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:17 AM

You're not allowed to do that though. 

And potion macros are illegal if they react FOR you, not if you press the button. 

What the hell do you think AHK is? Some within-the-rules program? Hell no.

Oh yeah, because it's totally easy to tell if it "reacts for you". Oh wait, it's not! You're telling me it's okay for it to autopot faster than I ever can given my connection/hardware as long as I pressed the button once as soon as I took damage.

I know you use (and very openly promote them despite ripping on users of third-party enhancements) these things Xellie, but at least make sense when you defend them.

Edited by Caturae, 22 June 2017 - 10:17 AM.

#21 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:20 AM

move, the f, on

#22 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:21 AM

What the hell do you think AHK is? Some within-the-rules program? Hell no.

Oh yeah, because it's totally easy to tell if it "reacts for you". Oh wait, it's not! You're telling me it's okay for it to autopot faster than I ever can given my connection/hardware as long as I pressed the button once as soon as I took damage.

I know you use (and very openly promote them despite ripping on users of third-party enhancements) these things Xellie, but at least make sense when you defend them.

AHK isn't autopot. *facepalm* The key word is "auto" as in you don't engage to make it happen. 

I don't even use AHK, I literally have an F1 hold to spam macro as part of my keyboard software. I allow my guildmates to make skill spam and potion spam macros because I can't stop them and everyone else on the server uses them. 

And it's easy to tell the difference between autopot and reactive potting. Especially when a whole guild all pot at exactly the same time from song of lutie. That's the stuff that is banned. 

#23 Caturae

Caturae

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:34 AM

AHK isn't autopot. *facepalm* The key word is "auto" as in you don't engage to make it happen. 

I don't even use AHK, I literally have an F1 hold to spam macro as part of my keyboard software. I allow my guildmates to make skill spam and potion spam macros because I can't stop them and everyone else on the server uses them. 

And it's easy to tell the difference between autopot and reactive potting. Especially when a whole guild all pot at exactly the same time from song of lutie. That's the stuff that is banned. 

Auto Hot Key isn't automatic.

lolwat.

"keyboard software".

So your keyboard's proprietary version, okay. So you let your guildmates cheat, because everyone else does. Okay.

How do you know they're not just fast with their fingers? Isn't it hypocritical to cast judgment when you condone your own guild to use illegitimate actions? Hell, I see things about how to edit your client for convenience and highly not-legitimate uses on your forum.

#24 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:39 AM

Everything on my forum is legal according to the GM team, who matter a lot more than you  :p_idea: So is Including razer synapse fyi. 

Something I learned as a guildleader is that a purist approach to playing RO just isn't going to happen. In authotkey's case its just stringing together a few keypresses and mouseclicks... Like who cares if someone presses F9 once to tele instead of f9, enter? It doesnt affect ANYONE. 

Would I like it if grf edits didnt exist? Oh yes. 

Would like it if RCX wasn't necessary? You betcha

Unfortunately  the GM team say this stuff is ok.... so it's ok. 

Autopot isn't though. There's a huge difference between having to press a button and being able to play hands free. If you can't grasp that, I feel bad for you.

Or not since you are probably trolling. 

#25 Caturae

Caturae

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:47 AM

The same GM team that will ban as long as you report them for a vague usage rather than specifying one of the things that one GM of the many okayed. Gotcha.

In authotkey's case its just stringing together a few keypresses and mouseclicks... Like who cares if someone presses F9 once to tele instead of f9, enter? It doesnt affect ANYONE.
Slippery slope.

In your logic, who cares if I .grf edit (I don't; I don't even WoE, it's boring as hell)? I mean, you're not over here seeing my client. I know where cards are. It doesn't bother you. I have a Maya Purple, who cares if I have one perma-active thanks to .grf edits?

Autopot isn't though. There's a huge difference between having to press a button and being able to play hands free. If you can't grasp that, I feel bad for you.

Or not since you are probably trolling.

"There's a huge difference between pressing a button for you and pressing a button for you."

Never change, Xellie, never change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users