Extended Maintenance Period - Page 4 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Extended Maintenance Period

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#76 Kenkotu

Kenkotu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, California

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:29 PM

Yesh

#77 ilestdevil

ilestdevil

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:29 PM

I Loled at the Gms. Instead of saying there will be a delay or having 2 - 3 hours dedicated to Maint. Just close the server for the night so everyone can keep raging.

RAGE RAGE RAGEEEEEEEEEE grind your teeth and bang your head on the wall.

#78 Hector14

Hector14

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:All of them

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:30 PM

*Updated*

We have the servers up and getting the patch ready for you all to start downloading. Not ready just yet, but getting closer.

Thanks for update Calanor. The patching time is coming closer. [Maybe well experience that patching problem we usually have, lets pray it wont happen this time.]

-GabGab

#79 shadowkun

shadowkun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:30 PM

*Updated*

We have the servers up and getting the patch ready for you all to start downloading. Not ready just yet, but getting closer.

Calanor can u plzz tell us when will the exp issue be fixed? Thnx

#80 invazn

invazn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:34 PM

Well, there's like 30min left anyways so.. haha.

#81 tunafish

tunafish

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Locationunder the sea

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:36 PM

so whats Your definition of closer? -_-

by early 2011

#82 Elfrank78

Elfrank78

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:36 PM

in how many time it's gonna be done ??? coz i'm not in pst time zone

#83 Rinami

Rinami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:37 PM

Early 2012 is when we'll be done?

#84 CHiSEEN

CHiSEEN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:43 PM

As the Topic title and description mention, unfortunately, there is an extended maintenance period of 3 hours taking place. We expect this extended maintenance period to conclude by 10:00 PM Pacific Time (in a little over 2 hours from the time of this post).

lol its extended to 3 hours now...
I like how he can edit the post without it saying that it was edited, so new people looking at it think that it said 3 hours from the start. -_-

#85 yartrebo

yartrebo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:52 PM

wrt to the patching problems, I'm pretty sure it's a bug in the patcher (and probably a very hard to find one - very hard to reproduce), not a bug with the any particular patch.

#86 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:01 PM

Calanor can u plzz tell us when will the exp issue be fixed? Thnx

Honest answer.

We have seen the reports, we have looked at the issue and nothing seems out of place for what we can see to make us believe something is wrong. Also for the number of people posting as if the EXP was reduced we have asked some and the response we got is that they didn't notice a decline.

Not saying we don't trust your words, but we can't figure out what specifics I guess might have changed. Its doesn't seem to be a global issue, but very well could be something with the Thanksgiving update caused specific monsters or monsters in specific areas to be reduced. When we say more details the better when it comes to bugs or issues honestly its needed because times like this I would love to tell you we see the issue and are addressing it, but what we read is that there is a problem and what we see doesn't make it the same.

We play our games but not to the extent you all do, most of our staff plays very casually because there just isn't enough time to allow for it. Its good to hear specifics from the community rather then generic its broke, fix it. I ain't no super hero, just a man with a title and a desire to make things right when I can.

#87 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:04 PM

Honest answer.

We have seen the reports, we have looked at the issue and nothing seems out of place for what we can see to make us believe something is wrong. Also for the number of people posting as if the EXP was reduced we have asked some and the response we got is that they didn't notice a decline.

Not saying we don't trust your words, but we can't figure out what specifics I guess might have changed. Its doesn't seem to be a global issue, but very well could be something with the Thanksgiving update caused specific monsters or monsters in specific areas to be reduced. When we say more details the better when it comes to bugs or issues honestly its needed because times like this I would love to tell you we see the issue and are addressing it, but what we read is that there is a problem and what we see doesn't make it the same.

We play our games but not to the extent you all do, most of our staff plays very casually because there just isn't enough time to allow for it. Its good to hear specifics from the community rather then generic its broke, fix it. I ain't no super hero, just a man with a title and a desire to make things right when I can.

I could have sworn hastur already admitted that there was a problem with the experience. I don't see how VC's 10k a mob (in hero mode) drops to 3k and there is no problem?

#88 Misuu

Misuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:05 PM

I ain't no super hero, just a man with a title and a desire to make things right when I can.

cyber super man -_-
so is maintenance going to be delay again?

Edited by Misuu, 16 December 2010 - 09:06 PM.

#89 Tangelo

Tangelo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:05 PM

I could have sworn hastur already admitted that there was a problem with the experience. I don't see how VC's 10k a mob (in hero mode) drops to 3k and there is no problem?

#90 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:06 PM

once again

Sorry for a delayed response, ever since the Thanksgiving "exp issue" we were aware that there was an issue. We are currently are working with Barunson to find out what has changed either server side or something that is causing this issue. At first we thought it may have been a fluke issue however with all the recent reports it seems to be a much larger issue. Hopefully we can find out what was changed and change it back or at the very least find out WHY it was changed. I'll keep you posted as soon as i know.

#91 nplooj

nplooj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:07 PM

Sound like the Exp wont be fix at all....guess we just have to live with it..

#92 MikeyMassacre

MikeyMassacre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSacramento
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:08 PM

patcher still down right?

#93 Avon

Avon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:09 PM

patcher still down right?

Yea

#94 yartrebo

yartrebo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:10 PM

Yup still down. 10 minutes after the (second) revised finish time.

#95 MikeyMassacre

MikeyMassacre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:11 PM

is there any other edits there gnna make.. cause im getting bored and the devil set, can you put it in storage and let other class use it?

#96 Elfrank78

Elfrank78

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:13 PM

That extending have some good for me -_- Got time to do all my chores and house cleaning i was having to do today and i can play without feeling guilty and got the time to have a walk outside in the snow . BUT .... okay enought .... make it work ....

#97 shadowkun

shadowkun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:14 PM

Honest answer.

Thnx for the post calanor. But trust me if there really was no problem about exp, we wouldn't have been complaining. And this exp issue is going to worsen things if its not fixed. The DS population might even decrease. I tell u this bcause some of my friends stopped playing DS because of low exp gains - i got their weapon powders hehe.
And yes is it true that weapon powder drop rate have significantly decreased or is it that i'm unlucky? -_-

#98 tunafish

tunafish

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Locationunder the sea

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:15 PM

If only we could go back in time to actually test the exp rates, and be able to show proof of such.

Since that's what they're looking for, right?

Edited by tunafish, 16 December 2010 - 09:15 PM.

#99 MikeyMassacre

MikeyMassacre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSacramento

patch is up

#100 CHiSEEN

CHiSEEN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • LocationNY

I'm patching right now, game is up -_-

edit* whoa patch is pretty huge... feels like im redownloading the whole game

Edited by CHiSEEN, 16 December 2010 - 09:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users