Renewal July 6th Maintenance - Page 4 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Renewal July 6th Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
140 replies to this topic

#76 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:35 PM

Also to add, you still have the same unexplainable bugs that plagued the quest before. At least fix it and try to IMPROVE on the quest if you're going to re-release it.

TVWrU8B.jpg

Please explain this bug in greater detail.

#77 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:37 PM

But he stated with  unexplainable bugs  :heh: 

#78 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:38 PM

This week has nothing for me, for all players to be honest.... See you in 7 days, good week guys.

#79 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:41 PM

Just curious what are the :heh: things you considered in making the costumes 5k points 

#80 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:43 PM

Please explain this bug in greater detail.

Campitor, it's been around for 3 years.

If you haven't encountered this bug, then to me it means you haven't really play test it. It's also one of the most annoying things to experience when doing this quest because if your dialogue goes beyond 15 chat dialogue, chances are you have the fish. But then suddenly you press the ENTER button one more time and there's not other message given except you're left with that screen of "wtf buggy RO game."

And think about this as well, if someone was to want ALL the costumes, that's 20000 points. Each big fish you can get is worth about 15.

You're telling me to run around and click these fish spots and spam enter for over 1500 times i'm attempting this? Do you really want us to enjoy RO or just giving me a reason to be upset and annoyed when I'm trying to enjoy this fishing quest but you realize the whole set up is made against you. Campitor, it's FINE if a person can finish getting this item after 2 weeks worth of farming. But don't try to make it consume so much of their time because players already understand what they need to do. Do you still log onto some of your old phone games to do dailies? I sure don't because I find it boring. The worse thing is that I have to do this every 30 mins - 1 hour if I seriously want to farm this. Which I don't mind if it was at 500.

Again, I'm sorry that I am expressing such frustrations. But i've done this quest when it was at 500 for the reward. Seeing the prizes at 5000 just makes me think about how much time will be wasted if I do decide to grind it out.

#81 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:49 PM

Aco, our staff bring back 10 year old quests, nothing new is made. When have you saw a new quest or event that realy made you want to spend hours on it? Even private servers have this kind of things, and we, the oficial, different from kro and jro, don't. Very nice to see jro and kro vídeos only to dream playing their events and winning their rewards.

#82 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:51 PM

I dont blame A or B, the whole staff is a team, one body, one mind, with many members. One body that must work to put things together, a team that cant do this is marked to fall. Sadly.

Edited by Ethanasael, 06 July 2017 - 04:52 PM.

#83 sunnydoll

sunnydoll

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:53 PM

Make blue whale tradable? Let market help you
Wish things like chest map or mail in bottom as side quest:P

Edited by sunnydoll, 06 July 2017 - 05:00 PM.

#84 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10856 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:53 PM

chaos is dead :heh:

Pfff ...

#85 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3555 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:55 PM

catching for five thousand points...

you can get a few buckets of real fish if you fish irl by then  :heh:

#86 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:59 PM

Undead to be honest, that guy that is dead and dont accept. We need a full revamp. Money for supporting server dont fault by our player base, but we need something encouraging us to. Bug fixes, some skill changes, ingame hourly events. Things to make US want to login another day. Game is get boring and boring. And if nothing is done, one day every player that support the server will leave, making chaos break, warpportal closing server and, maybe, a kro or jro migration. Then they will do exactly what i said and everybody will come back to give money to korea gravity. Maybe.

#87 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:00 PM

Well, this is even more annoying.

Because Talk like a pirate quest isn't in, the Tattered Maps from Sealed Envelopes no longer work.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

#88 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:02 PM

Campitor, that's not the point.

This quest have a cooldown and it makes us walk all over the world map (with some not being easily accessible through eden such as ayothaya). There's also that huge RNG element where you can literally do a full run and get nothing. On average, I was making 5 blue whales per hour with just one character.

I have other things I still need to do like Banquet dailies that takes 30 minutes for each character.

This quest is a complete waste of time with rewards set up @ prices that are meant to make players waste even MORE time. Not to mention that this is a complete recycle of a boring quest that players just hate to do. This quest doesn't even have clear guide lines on the right baits or even the right fishing rod/commands to give when going through the motions.

To be honest, this quest was just implemented because it looks like you were lazy to make a new one. You even increased the prices for an item to x10 the amount (originally 500). Just what the heck are you trying to achieve? Let that <.01% of the population to grind out for the hat and let everyone else deal with the complete boredom that is with this quest?

Go take 1 hour off. Go do the quest with your 1 hour and report back to me on your experience with the quest and tell me that's something you want your wife to experience if she was to play this game.

In regards reward cost fair feedback, There was a large stockpile of blue whales left over from previous events and in general if you are using the right bait you should have a much greater chance of catching the rare fish. It is important to use the right fishing Rod as well. If the current rewards are wildly unpopular we can revisit them and expand on them.

#89 MilkyThief

MilkyThief

Guide Master

• Members
  • 881 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • Server:Renewal/Chaos

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:09 PM

In regards reward cost fair feedback, There was a large stockpile of blue whales left over from previous events and in general if you are using the right bait you should have a much greater chance of catching the rare fish. It is important to use the right fishing Rod as well. If the current rewards are wildly unpopular we can revisit them and expand on them.

Can you release the rates Camp? In the past you said using the right bait only increases your odds by 10%.

So if it is a low rate like 5% then 15% per 5 -15 points seems like it will take ages to get to 5000 points. I am not against chaining the 5k cost, but maybe instead increasing the reward for the rare fish. Or add the giant tentacle chance to all fishing spots and increase its reward yield. 

I don't want to be spoon fed the rewards, but it seems to me the time investment is not worth the costumes.

Just my two cents.

Edited by MilkyThief, 06 July 2017 - 05:11 PM.

#90 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:12 PM

Okay let me type that again my brain is dead with everyone talking to me at once.

In regards to the reward cost, that is fair feedback. When we were looking at bringing back the quest we saw a large stock pile of blue whales left over from previous events.

To help gain Bluewhales,

The event is scripted so that you get large bonuses to catch rare fish if you use the right bait and fishing rod combinations looking through the quest guides a big improvement to that would be having Westley explain which baits are best for which fish.

If the current reward lay out is wildly unpopular we can revisit and expand on them. We wanted to freshen up the event this time with a new reward list so its not for the same Egir set of armor but something new and fun.

#91 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:17 PM

I want you to consider this basic math on making 1 attempt.

For the sake of simplicity, lets assume

10 fishing locations

13 types of bait

2 types of fishing rod

That's already 26 different combinations you can make PER CITY.

And you have to do this in 10 DIFFERENT LOCATIONS.

It's also not a 100% guaranteed chance either. So you can have the perfect bait, the perfect rod, while fishing at the right place. Well, you can't necessarily confirm you fail or succeed because you have to decide what works base off of data and inference, such as what this guy did here.

What you also forget is the TIME you lose from getting around to different areas, the TIME it takes to reel something in, and the TIME you could've spent doing something that is much more enjoyable on RO.

So what if a person had 100000000 blue whales available. Make the items account bound and let that person who hoarded all the fish reap the benefits. Because of a few players, you want to make it worse for everyone else.

At most, I have 3 hours to play RO since I work from 8-5. Go ahead and keep the quest the way it is to let those with more time take advantage of it. But again, all I see is that you release this quest because you're lazy to make a new one and you want players to suffer by having them waste more time doing the SAME QUEST that was released TWICE.

#92 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:22 PM

Okay let me type that again my brain is dead with everyone talking to me at once.

In regards to the reward cost, that is fair feedback. When we were looking at bringing back the quest we saw a large stock pile of blue whales left over from previous events.

To help gain Bluewhales,

The event is scripted so that you get large bonuses to catch rare fish if you use the right bait and fishing rod combinations looking through the quest guides a big improvement to that would be having Westley explain which baits are best for which fish.

If the current reward lay out is wildly unpopular we can revisit and expand on them. We wanted to freshen up the event this time with a new reward list so its not for the same Egir set of armor but something new and fun.

It will always be popular in your database since there are bots doing their thing. While we legit players just wait for them to sell it to us since the quest is so so so heavy

#93 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:24 PM

the same quest over so many years, with always the same probles, the same awful design, and totally disappointing reward
just one more reason why ppl are leaving :v

#94 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3555 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:29 PM

..... :p_sad:  :p_sad:  :p_sad:

Spoiler

#95 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:37 PM

How much does AK card in Thor cost?

just curious 

#96 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3555 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:39 PM

8 MCA worth 

#97 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:42 PM

http://ragi.al/item/iRO-Thor/LBA

75m ? :o

wth, come to Chaos

i bought one for 230m   :p_sad:

Edited by Silvianna, 06 July 2017 - 05:44 PM.

#98 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:46 PM

But again, all I see is that you release this quest because you're lazy to make a new one and you want players to suffer by having them waste more time doing the SAME QUEST that was released TWICE.

Please stop trying to make this personal. Its not going to do any favors for anyone.

I will hunt down and fix that bug and will try to reproduce but it will take time please understand the script is 29,112 lines long. If you can provide a replay or video of the steps where it happened that would go a long  towards tracking down the sequence of events that cause it.

We will rebalance the rewards to be a little more sane cost wise and document the bait for everyone as well.

#99 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3555 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

http://ragi.al/item/iRO-Thor/LBA

75m ? :o

wth, come to Chaos

i bought one for 230m   :p_sad:

There is a huge difference in the supply of zeny on both server  :rice:

#100 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:54 PM

Please stop trying to make this personal. Its not going to do any favors for anyone.

I will hunt down and fix that bug and will try to reproduce but it will take time please understand the script is 29,112 lines long. If you can provide a replay or video of the steps where it happened that would go a long  towards tracking down the sequence of events that cause it.

We will rebalance the rewards to be a little more sane cost wise and document the bait for everyone as well.

Campitor, I only want you to succeed when running this game. I lose nothing by seeing you do well.

You don't need to waste time trying to take care of that fishing BUG. Players who are truly hardcore on farming have already learned to adapt. The problem I have is that this quest, after seeing it for 2 years, with new rewards, is simply just a WASTE OF TIME.

I've learned as I get older, I find it more important to save my time than money; since I can't earn my time back with anything else. I like the new costumes, I don't mind them being in the same event. But geezus, the entire Egir set from last year cost 1500 points, now you're making 1 costume worth 5000? I would've been okay with 1000, but NOT 5000.

I want you to be reasonable with your quest choices. Log on RO, come to comodo, see me at the fishing spot to the left and put yourself in my shoes.

Make changes to the game to make the game better to make them want to stay. Not force them to grind it out of boredom like what this quest is doing.

Edited by Demeris, 06 July 2017 - 06:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users