28 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:57 PM

Starting at 3pm PST December 17, 2010 we will be lowering our subscription prices!

The subscription price lowering will duplicate what our intended Premium Subscription Price will be when we become Free to Play in early 2011!

New Subscription Price:
  • 30 Day : 700 WPE
  • 90 Day : 1900 WPE
  • 180 Day : 3350 WPE
As a very special extra bonus, all accounts that have an active Daily subscription on 12/20/2010 will have their subscription time credited with enough time to keep you logged in until our Free to Play launch! In effect if you have a subscription now, you are Free to Play on our Premium servers until we officially become Free to Play.

So input those 14 day codes, subscribe at this new lower rate for a month with your alt accounts, get your friends in, and enjoy Ragnarok with Free Game time!

Happy Holidays!

---------------------------------------------------------
News Posting

We want to perform the price change in this manner so our price transition and service transition to Free2Play is as smooth as possible, and that all of our players are getting maximum and beyond value from their current subscriptions.

Sincerely, thank you for being our community through the fun and the not as fun times.

Happy Holiday!

#2 hesho

hesho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:04 PM

so, i guess those 30 free day coupons i still have are going to be useless soon or can i use those to get premium benefits in the future?

also, even though, yes you are lowering the subscription price to 700 wpe, you still MUST PAY 10.00 in WPE to get 700 and have the 300 left over... just thought i'd point that out...

#3 Autumn

Autumn

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Locationsouth of the stars
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:18 PM

Are accounts with remaining hourly subs included in the crediting of free time? Or is it just the ones with active monthly subs?

#4 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:41 PM

Really nice o-o

If you are going to start playing premium, go yggdrasyl! we has woe tomorrow~

Edited by Kadnya, 17 December 2010 - 04:42 PM.

#5 Rikaith

Rikaith

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationYmir

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:54 PM

so, i guess those 30 free day coupons i still have are going to be useless soon or can i use those to get premium benefits in the future?

I'd like to know this too. I have 3 coupons and I wouldn't like them to become useless. >:V

#6 Hanfeizi

Hanfeizi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:21 PM

I asked this question before and either Heim is too busy to pay attention or they don't give a damn (which means a good time to quit after wasting thousands of KP on that damn midget upgrader)

WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WE HAVE PAID OUR SUBSCRIPTION UNTIL LIKE END OF JANUARY? Will we get KP credit or will it get rolled over to be the premium subscription?

#7 porty

porty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationDunedin, New Zealand.

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:51 PM

Yes i have some 30 day subscription codes left so it would be nice to know if these remain valid after the F2P changeover.

Heim?

#8 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:36 AM

when its ftp for ymir, we still need to pay to keep premium benefits or its a 1 time thing for that, if so how much is it

#9 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:05 AM

If I remember correctly, heim said in another thread that if you still have time paid past when the f2p change comes, you will keep that time as a premium account.

- Premium accounts will pay a monthly fee.
- If you have an account paid until for example june of 2011 and the change to f2p occurs in february, your account will be a premium account until june of 2011 and then switch to free account until you pay your subscription again.

My guess is that the 30 free day codes will work for paying premium accounts.

#10 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:10 AM

ah. so it wont actually be ftp unless you dont want the benefits of premium. got it, so alt linker account ftp, actual account premium

Edited by BlackPotato, 18 December 2010 - 04:11 AM.

#11 Budro

Budro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:06 AM

I was quite upset with the removal of hourly subscriptions however, with the new lower prices, I'll probbly stick around. 1900WP for 90 days is a fair deal.

#12 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:37 PM

Use the coupons!

They are worth the stated amount of days, and will credit you the same as the 30 day will too.

so if you have 23 days remaining + 14 returning heroes + 30 Gravity Gift would be

67 subscription days remaining.

Yes they stack and yes we want you to use them!

The current subscription will roll into the premium account subscription later. We are giving enough free account time to make up for any dollar difference between now and F2P launch, so you won't lose value that way.

#13 hesho

hesho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:22 PM

Use the coupons!

They are worth the stated amount of days, and will credit you the same as the 30 day will too.

so if you have 23 days remaining + 14 returning heroes + 30 Gravity Gift would be

67 subscription days remaining.

Yes they stack and yes we want you to use them!

The current subscription will roll into the premium account subscription later. We are giving enough free account time to make up for any dollar difference between now and F2P launch, so you won't lose value that way.

ya but, there is no reason to use those coupons now since... in the very first post, u said this..

"As a very special extra bonus, all accounts that have an active Daily subscription on 12/20/2010 will have their subscription time credited with enough time to keep you logged in until our Free to Play launch! In effect if you have a subscription now, you are Free to Play on our Premium servers until we officially become Free to Play."

how would we use those coupons then if we already have our accounts credited till F2p now?

#14 Charisma

Charisma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:27 AM

Fill up a new alt account with warp slaves? That's what I did /gg

#15 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:44 AM

how would we use those coupons then if we already have our accounts credited till F2p now?

^Same question. Why would I use my coupon now if you're giving me free time anyway?

Will these coupons not work once Ragnarok goes F2P? It seems like they should still work.

#16 Riand

Riand

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:55 PM

They expire on Jan 15th which I'll assume is before f2p starts.

#17 hesho

hesho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:40 PM

the 14 day ones expire jan 14th, but the 30 day ones don't have an expiry date... so the same question will be asked...

#18 ohnoeznotrenewal

ohnoeznotrenewal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:13 PM

What's the 30 day coupon and where can I get it?

#19 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:55 PM

Was given a couple months ago. If you subscribed one account, you got a coupon code for a free 30 days that you could use whenever.

#20 MisterMumble

MisterMumble

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:43 AM

Guys and girls,

I do not understand the whole f2p or p2p.
I am new (ok very old and start again)and bought for me and my gf 2000 wpe points.
Do I have to change them into Kafra point to be able to play. (now the free play times are over) or do I have to do something else.
No clue how long 2000 wpe points last (or the amount of Kafra points). So what do I have to do ?

Next question: When it will be f2p, what will be the difference if I continue to pay for the game (would it be worth to keep paying monthly subscriptions) ?

Sorry if those question sounds silly but I have no clue what is going on.

Mister Mumble

#21 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:34 PM

it isn't silly

You spend WP points to do 1 of 3 things.

1. Vas service like name changes or server transfer
2. Purchase a Subscription
3. Convert WP to Kafra points.

if you want ot rejoin on ymir, then I would buy a 1 month "premium service" for your RO game account.

Then convert the rest to kafra points, we have a +30% bonus special for RO right now so it is a better rate than it is regularly.

As for the benefits of now vs F2P, on ymir with a premium sub will feel almost exactly like it does now.

If you don't have a premium sub when we are F2P, it would be different than now in the following ways.
1. now you can't even login a character without subscription, F2P will let you log in (F2P is better in this regard)
2. Without a Sub you will have default exp/drops and access privelages. But with a Subscription those perks will be enhanced (back up to what we have now)

#22 Hanfeizi

Hanfeizi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:46 AM

it isn't silly

You spend WP points to do 1 of 3 things.

1. Vas service like name changes or server transfer
2. Purchase a Subscription
3. Convert WP to Kafra points.

if you want ot rejoin on ymir, then I would buy a 1 month "premium service" for your RO game account.

Then convert the rest to kafra points, we have a +30% bonus special for RO right now so it is a better rate than it is regularly.

As for the benefits of now vs F2P, on ymir with a premium sub will feel almost exactly like it does now.

If you don't have a premium sub when we are F2P, it would be different than now in the following ways.
1. now you can't even login a character without subscription, F2P will let you log in (F2P is better in this regard)
2. Without a Sub you will have default exp/drops and access privelages. But with a Subscription those perks will be enhanced (back up to what we have now)

Let me get this straight. Basically without this "new" premium subscription, Ymir and Ygg's rate will be like... valk? But with this premium subscription, we will get the regular Ymir/Ygg rate? In short, everything is like valk except that we have to pay the entrance fee so there won't be any bot.

#23 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 December 2010 - 09:44 PM

:lol: Can we give our coupon to a friend? so they can try out the Premium Server?

#24 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:59 AM

Merge valk and ymir aftee it goes f2p

#25 Pingchan

Pingchan

Amateur Blogger