How to set my priorities as an arc bishop? - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How to set my priorities as an arc bishop?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:28 AM

Hello.

The title might be a bit confusing so let me explain. I mostly focused on single player classes because my time zone, but I wanted to try out a class thats made for party play as well. (in case I got holidays or weekend or late work etc)

Im p sure I'll go for a build that has 120 base dex and 100 vit, the rest is not yet decided, enough int that Im confident with my mana pool, 77 luk for AA and rest into agi or str, gonna see.

But when looking up gear advice, often the people are told it depends on how you want to play it out. As I dont know party play aside from TI (and that rarely), I am not sure what would be smartest to do as AB. I loved to play the tanky high orc mobber back in prenewal in 2s wiz share and ive always regarded fast casts and tankiness higher than 99 int builds who dish out some more hundred in heals than I do.

But now with all the healing boost gears and the high HP pools im not sure if my playstyle is preferable to like as AB. Im fine if playing the class like a wizard that stands behind, avoids aggro as good as he can, and just focuses on being able to 2-3 heal a tank to full hp by taking as much heal boost capacity as he can grab. Is this how good ABs play these days? Or is it okay as well to focus more on defensive stats and be some kind of off tank if needed but pays with a little (possibly a lot?) lower heals and mana problems compared to a full int/full hp boost AB. (which can be compensated with sp recc items i guess, with 1x AA it shouldnt get too expensive).

Help would be appreciated, thanks in advance :)

tl;dr: should I go yggcrown kinda build or chibi pope kinda build. ^^

Edited by HattoriMasahige, 16 July 2017 - 02:29 AM.

#2 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:10 AM

Hello Hattori,

First off, congratulations on deciding to play as a party support. We are a dying breed outside of TI's and I hope that this class will be the one thing you have been looking for when you wanted a more party orientated class.

Your experiences playing as a wizard will indeed help with playing this class, we are indeed a class that stands behind and avoids aggro as much as possible similar to a wizard but different in that our skills arr used to preserve the lifelines of our parties.

There are many options for you to toy with as a support, indeed high dex and vit is possible, i would say really the minimal int you need to pass off for both reasonable base heal and SP pool would be 100 Int (job bonus inclusive) and then aim at what floats your boat.
As an offtank you are not the second but third in line to take on the frontlines if -_- hits the fan so you can play with alot of defensive gears if you prefer. A heal of over 3k after all gears and weaponry are factored at lvl 130 onwards is more than plenty to work with for party play, aiming higher sets you into my territory of being a pure whitemage. It is fun but not necessary.
AA cards are for those who arent able to keep up with SP and in half your leveling phase with alot of parties you would definately benefit from those cards, especially when your with a bunch of idiots and wingnuts that have no idea the amount of sp our skills need. Endgame though you will rely less on them to a point you can completely drop them. But it is not bad having luk as it does increase heal minorly from the matk, if you will adamantly keep this luck for endgame then i propose 78 luk so you can get your AA card bonus as well as be in the next matk bonus.
In all honest opinion, the final aim is a chibi pope to increase heals all round as well as a headgear slot, but a cheap alternative till you can get one is to use yggcrown which is still perfect.

A final note is that a good AB is one that can change at a moments notice in a given environment. For intense TI and party play you will stressingly ens up using coluseo heal more often than not, in those moments you may want to invest into seal of cathedrals with double catholic1 enchants to supplement your sp usage. Another great tip is to use high heal lvl 1 as a replacement for healing twice as two normal heals cost 80 sp but a lvl 1 high heal which is basically two normal heals only costs 70 sp, a saving of 10 sp. I would answer more indepth to your questions but as im at work this is as much as i can inform you on till im on another break or at home. Again i bid you a warm welcome into the world of support AB's.

#3 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:08 PM

Thanks for your help ^^ 

Could you confirm if the gear id aim for is correct?

I got a DR FAW, most racial shields & armors, a jinn, the KvM healing staff and +9 enhanced variants. Bought a yggcrown as well, even tho its only +7 yet. waiting for enriched hammer to appear

I wanted to get the new AB ring and a light of cure for accs, im thinking about getting temp dex boots with muscle fool to replace the variants once I get 120 dex. 

Im praying that mob scarf is eventually put by higher rate in a future OCP, if not ill stick to the jinn, but if I get the mob scarf, AA sunglasses it is, else some other AA mid.

What I'm not sure off is which armor I could use as a general armor if I dont need a certain element. Just an ares dia robe or is there something that got released and im unware of?

Thanks again for the info youve already provided :D

#4 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:00 PM

These look heavily fine. I can definately see you want to do speedy casting and be able to tank things. You should take your time getting into a Chibi Pope hat while you have the Ygg Crown on.

Most AB players generally use a Valk armor with the elemental armor cards for the extra defense and +1 to all stats. There is no technical AB armor that is available to us so it is really a simple case of whatever floats your boat. If you want the neutral resist of 5% i do suggest getting a Tidung for it, and then getting a set of elemental armor cards so you get your coverage +get that extra 5% neutral resist (Apparently according to Ash, Tidung gives 5% resist to all elements, I am not sure myself but he is usually right about these things).

The Light of cure with at least 1 cure1 enchant is a staple that should be in every AB's available accessory slot. My tip is that you should get a costume headgear that is enchantable and enchant it with a recovery skill stone (slot 1) to give the costume headgear Archbishop1 which increases your heal and also is one of the enchant combo's to the new Archbishop Ring (allowing 100% cast time reduction of High Heal).

You are definately on the right track and the only thing i can advise is you aim for the Best endgame gears, which can include but are not inclusive of:

Bryn (the sheer power of the defensive capabilities and HP/SP increase is a warm welcome)

Sleipnir (Probably an arguably most powerful footgear, granting both HP/SP increase as well as 25 INT, every AB's wet dream)

Arch Angel Wings (enchanted either best with 5Heal or 3Heal[3Heal has a combo together with the Archbishop ring as well])

White Lady cards (Need I say more?)

Bible of Promise vol 1/2 (By far, this piece of gear is not your go to shield since you are playing defensively and valk shields with racials are far more protective, but Odin Power 1/2 buff is not something to be looked down on, and it is the prime buff that truely makes your AB a full support that has synergy to all other classes (Previously outside of Suffragium and Sacrement, the Magical DPS classes get no real AB buff that helps supplement their damage further, but Odin Power does, and is an important buff that makes the difference between the next 2k worth of damage). Something you must have, but not something you need to have on at all times.

I agree, stick with the Jinn Marin balloon till a Mob Scarf either at very reasonable price, or comes into the OCP, it really is the AB's BiS for the lower headgear, granting a White Lady card effect when coupled with the Sunnies, but luckily, is counted with the other heal% increases unlike the 15% from the Archbishop ring itself and White Lady (30%) cards, which factor seperately from heal% effects from gears and your Glorious Cure Wand.

#5 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:55 AM

These look heavily fine. I can definately see you want to do speedy casting and be able to tank things. You should take your time getting into a Chibi Pope hat while you have the Ygg Crown on.

Most AB players generally use a Valk armor with the elemental armor cards for the extra defense and +1 to all stats. There is no technical AB armor that is available to us so it is really a simple case of whatever floats your boat. If you want the neutral resist of 5% i do suggest getting a Tidung for it, and then getting a set of elemental armor cards so you get your coverage +get that extra 5% neutral resist (Apparently according to Ash, Tidung gives 5% resist to all elements, I am not sure myself but he is usually right about these things).

The Light of cure with at least 1 cure1 enchant is a staple that should be in every AB's available accessory slot. My tip is that you should get a costume headgear that is enchantable and enchant it with a recovery skill stone (slot 1) to give the costume headgear Archbishop1 which increases your heal and also is one of the enchant combo's to the new Archbishop Ring (allowing 100% cast time reduction of High Heal).

You are definately on the right track and the only thing i can advise is you aim for the Best endgame gears, which can include but are not inclusive of:

Bryn (the sheer power of the defensive capabilities and HP/SP increase is a warm welcome)

Sleipnir (Probably an arguably most powerful footgear, granting both HP/SP increase as well as 25 INT, every AB's wet dream)

Arch Angel Wings (enchanted either best with 5Heal or 3Heal[3Heal has a combo together with the Archbishop ring as well])

White Lady cards (Need I say more?)

Bible of Promise vol 1/2 (By far, this piece of gear is not your go to shield since you are playing defensively and valk shields with racials are far more protective, but Odin Power 1/2 buff is not something to be looked down on, and it is the prime buff that truely makes your AB a full support that has synergy to all other classes (Previously outside of Suffragium and Sacrement, the Magical DPS classes get no real AB buff that helps supplement their damage further, but Odin Power does, and is an important buff that makes the difference between the next 2k worth of damage). Something you must have, but not something you need to have on at all times.

I agree, stick with the Jinn Marin balloon till a Mob Scarf either at very reasonable price, or comes into the OCP, it really is the AB's BiS for the lower headgear, granting a White Lady card effect when coupled with the Sunnies, but luckily, is counted with the other heal% increases unlike the 15% from the Archbishop ring itself and White Lady (30%) cards, which factor seperately from heal% effects from gears and your Glorious Cure Wand.

I loved to duo share with wizards in HOs/Castle/Guild dungeon as a priest, gathering tons of mobs potting myself and healing my wizard at the same time, channeling buffs suff and lex whenever I didnt need to heal, so yea, I was kinda just confirming if priests still do that (in an adjusted way now thanks to duo share being dead and being forced to mass party) or if Im just a healbot/buff bot now ^^

Thanks for the info again, quite some stuff I had no idea about. Have a good one :D

And tbh, I didnt even know that odins power is a buff you can give to other people. I thought it buffs yourself and was like "why would I need offensive stats at the cost of defense as a priest", thanks for clearing that up.

GLs are faaaaaaaaar off for me tho, i'm on this server for ~2 years and didnt play it full time ^^ Something to aim for tho for sure,

Edited by HattoriMasahige, 17 July 2017 - 02:06 AM.

#6 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:45 AM

Worry not for lex is a primally used skill especially at ET, suffragium is something you can totally drop, renewal gave that skill a great disservice.

The ideal thing is for there to be at least 2 AB's in the party so one will keep heals and pneuma and the other is freely spamming lex.

#7 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:19 AM

Hey, its me again :D 

Great to hear lex aeterna is still a thing (it makes sense considering the dmg everyones dealing now) and ye, i guess sacrament is the new suff, but thats fine, cast forumla is busted with renewal anyways. 

I just tried my luck on an archangel wing and I expected to crush at least 2 or 3 to get what I want, but I actually tried to make it healamount3 in 5 tries without breaking it, and im super happy about that.

Question is, which card would I put into it, any suggestions? Should I leave it uncarded until I have the spare zeny to make it DR, or would a raydric be sufficant, as I dont plan to go super hard core on just my AB (planing to play other chars also) for a while. Maybe theres a special heal boosting card im not aware of to make it a full healing situational item in areas where I wont be expecting to receive a lot of dmg anyways?

Im open for advice, thanks again in advance xd

#8 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:02 PM

Hello once again Hattori,

That is a very lucky thing indeed!!! I burned through 15 AA Wings before finally giving up and waiting for a Heal5 seller to get mine.

To answer your question, if you are only casually playing it (not even instance running, just down of the mill TI, tanking newbies, buff slaving people, Bounty boards) then a raydric would be the most cost effective thing you could put in. having a raydric or DR is basically the difference between going ET or not in my personal opinion. But yeah, since you are not being a super hardcore wild sweating pounding on an AB, a raydrice is more than enough reduction. If there was a heal boosting garment card out there, I would have been right at its arse right about now, but sadly such a thing does not exist............sad...........

Plus, since Heal3 AA Wings arent the most expensive item to procure, having a Raydric would not make it any less appealing and your resell value would not be too big a hit, unlike if you put a DR into it, where the value of that DR completely plummets because its not a "perfect" enchant, a Heal5.

Since the golden clad rule in todays contemporary RO is to always carry slims around, you are more often than not, able to just get away with having little to no healing boosting gears, as your heal would be effective enough just having a Glorious Cure Wand, and the gears you mentioned before are practically good enough for the casual player, any more than that and you would be specializing the White mage type style like me: Huge heals, medium to good amount variety of buffs, not as strong in defense.

If there are any questions still, please do feel free to continue asking them, people here in this thread including me will answer as best and concise as we can to enrich your AB playing experience.

#9 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:31 PM

priorities:

1: survive

2: protect the party( note, not heal. This inculdes KEs and take the mob for yourself for example)

3: keep them at an acceptable amount of health(prioritize protection over heal, like KE/Assump/Safety Wall/Pneuma etc. You don't need to heal if they don't take damage)

4: keep them buffed with general buffs, re-agi anyone that loses it so they arent left behind

5: buff individual classes with specifc helpfull buffs, such as Sacra for casters

6: disable enemies/increase their succeptability to damage when

that's more or less how you play a support effectively and successfully

Edited by Ashuckel, 19 July 2017 - 03:32 PM.

#10 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:09 PM

more or less.

#11 Kirx

Kirx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  • LocationSPHINX ---DESERT TRADING CENTER
  • Server:JOURNEY S7 Ragnarok

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:46 PM

more or less.

AB Adoramus/FS is best most skills like HIGH HEAL, CANTOCANDIDUS ,

MAGNIFICAT, PNEUMA, Sacrament/Adoramus combo, COLUSEO HEAL , Sanctuary

are the usual choices for development.

Arc Angeling Cards/Incubus Assumptio ,KE PRAEFATIO all about SP girl,

i wonder if AB can live without.

#12 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:53 PM

I dont know. I used to think Adoramus was very useless but seems with all these cards and other newer gears since the early Mora update, everything has changed in a more dynamic direction and my damage on adoramus is considered very low, low to the point its not actually even worthy of being called the low damage normally.

The nagi person that has the MvP video's on using Ado Ab shows what its all about.

I am a heavy healer type AB and so i dont directly fight. if people would like to provide more options for Hattori then please do post. I believe the advice is warmly welcomed for her.

#13 Kirx

Kirx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  • LocationSPHINX ---DESERT TRADING CENTER
  • Server:JOURNEY S7 Ragnarok

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:57 PM

I dont know. I used to think Adoramus was very useless but seems with all these cards and other newer gears since the early Mora update, everything has changed in a more dynamic direction and my damage on adoramus is considered very low, low to the point its not actually even worthy of being called the low damage normally.
The nagi person that has the MvP video's on using Ado Ab shows what its all about.

I am a heavy healer type AB and so i dont directly fight. if people would like to provide more options for Hattori then please do post. I believe the advice is warmly welcomed for her.

it is like sayin' High Heals or Coluseo Heal nah

forget my Assassin's Stilleto dagger set.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users