Can't make a purchase and can't make a support account to complain about it. - WarpPortal Technical - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Can't make a purchase and can't make a support account to complain about it.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Awoooooo

Awoooooo

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:51 AM

Warp Portal, what year is it again?

Your website is so, incredibly, horribly awful to use I'm considering dropping restart purely because of how horrendous it is.

1. You can't use the PowerUp page from Chrome. You force your users to install an entirely new program they don't have on their machines, in order to attempt to pay you.

2. I tried to purchase but received a warning that you would be processing first-time payments manually and that would take 24 hours. This was several days ago.

3. When I try to make an account on your support page, it does nothing. I click submit on the form and it just refreshes the account making form. It provides absolutely no error message about inputting anything on the form incorrectly and does not make the account.

Please get your act together. I WANT to give you money and you're making it as difficult and emotionally draining as possible. My interest in giving you money has fallen apart as a result of it.

This really is not acceptable in 2017. Your billing systems and website are the most out-of-date systems I think I've seen in the last decade. Please sort this out. Right now I basically can't pay you anything at all because you will not let me.

Will you please provide free transfers of characters to Steam accounts? I will purchase from you via Steam which I assume will be a far more up-to-date and functional system. Shame about the % you lose for this, but if I can't purchase via your off-steam service then it is the only option I have available.

Edited by Awoooooo, 17 July 2017 - 06:53 AM.

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:03 AM

Hello there, 

Please see the following.

1. You can't use the PowerUp page from Chrome. You force your users to install an entirely new program they don't have on their machines, in order to attempt to pay you.

I am worried about the latter, what kind of program is that? 

Usually users are advised to use Internet Explorer or Edge, Adblock programs and any other security applications that attach themselves to web browser are bound to cause issues with the Payment Page.

2. I tried to purchase but received a warning that you would be processing first-time payments manually and that would take 24 hours. This was several days ago.

This is intended and a security check. Payment concerns are usually handled during office working hours. If you sent a payment ticket during weekend then you will have to wait a bit more.

3. When I try to make an account on your support page, it does nothing. I click submit on the form and it just refreshes the account making form. It provides absolutely no error message about inputting anything on the form incorrectly and does not make the account.

Try to use another web browser, another email or account ID. Using game ID for the support account may not work.

#3 Awoooooo

Awoooooo

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:27 AM

1. You can't use the PowerUp page from Chrome. You force your users to install an entirely new program they don't have on their machines, in order to attempt to pay you.

I am worried about the latter, what kind of program is that? 

Usually users are advised to use Internet Explorer or Edge, Adblock programs and any other security applications that attach themselves to web browser are bound to cause issues with the Payment Page.

Right? You're making everyone install IE or Edge to pay you. I shouldn't need to tell Warp Portal what the most popular browser is: https://www.w3counte...globalstats.php

2. I tried to purchase but received a warning that you would be processing first-time payments manually and that would take 24 hours. This was several days ago.

This is intended and a security check. Payment concerns are usually handled during office working hours. If you sent a payment ticket during weekend then you will have to wait a bit more.

I understand. I get it. Stolen cards used to purchase things fund a lot of gold-selling services and companies suffer stiff penalties for card fraud. I get this. I think it's a bad way to handle it, but I understand the problem exists. The problem is that whatever system is in place here simply didn't work at all for my payment. You can see how the problem on top of problem can be very frustrating, I know you understand this internally even if the outward community management approach is to sidestep it.

3. When I try to make an account on your support page, it does nothing. I click submit on the form and it just refreshes the account making form. It provides absolutely no error message about inputting anything on the form incorrectly and does not make the account.

Try to use another web browser, another email or account ID. Using game ID for the support account may not work.

That's what happens with both Edge and Chrome on three email addresses. I'm beyond the point of attempting to make it work further. I hope you understand that I really don't care about dyeing my clothing THAT much. And herein lies the problem for Warp Portal - The problems within this antiquated mess of systems have completely eliminated any motivation or desire I had to purchase.

I tell Steam not to save my credit card details because the simple act of having to type in all my details stops me from unnecessarily 1-click purchasing things I don't need. Having systems that require such a huge amount of effort (far more than just typing in my details) costs WP money and loyalty.

I didn't really come here to get help, so I apologise for wasting your time. I came to vent and hopefully ensure a problem is articulated in a way that gets it solved for the next person. I might be motivated to buy again at a later date if/when something else I want appears, but all of my motivation is completely gone right now. It's just far too much wasted time over an issue that shouldn't exist. As I said earlier, I do hope that you'll give some of us transfers to your Steam client, because I would be much more willing to give it another go with Steam purchases that I actually trust to work as they work with T o S just fine.

Nothing personal against you Cinnamon. I understand you're doing your job. I'm just communicating my frustration and thoughts about it.

EDIT: Why does typing T o S as one word or [Removed] without the periods get automatically altered to Terms of Service? Lol.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 20 July 2017 - 03:33 AM.
The game title is filtered by the company, please do not attempt to bypass it :(

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:22 PM

Both the WarpPortal site and the Support site were built back in 2010 and, as far as I'm aware, their website designer didn't account for non-IE browsers when it comes to compatibility. I believe they no longer have a website designer anymore, which explains why both sites were never updated since then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users