Recent Testing Phase Class Balancing - Class Discussion - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Recent Testing Phase Class Balancing

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Neyrana

Neyrana

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:00 AM

Hello!

I want to give my input about the recent class changes. The Invokers Magnet nerf was okay in my opinion. Good thing to get not pulled out of nowhere anymore  :heh: 

The Muddy Mud debuff should be a bit longer. 10 seconds is pretty low. I think something between 10 and 20 seconds is suitable.

Pathfinders increased Tesla Coil Cooldown is pretty unjustified in my opinion because of following reasons. Pathfinder is only able to deal Damage in PvP or BSQ if they cast a Netbind on their opponents. Falcons and Wolve are launching the opponents (sometimes they dont launch them because of lag), they are dealing as good as no damage in PvP and opponents lag easy out.

It was already a hard hit for Sentinel that movementspeed and attack speed got capped together with the removal of the x attack flinch. They dont have a real stun skill nor knockdown skill which makes catching and doing a combo hard. Without the chaincombo system which is only optional sentinel would beat the bottom of the classes. Tesla Coil was good to keep opponents away in BSQ and to hold them in place to kill tanky mages. Please give Tesla Coil back the old cooldown or at least let the cooldown sclae with the animation which was suggested in the threads before. Because with the current cooldown its pretty anoying to gain some space for chaincomboing and netbind casting in todays crowded and of mages dominated BSQ.

That are my comments on the new changes!

Edited by Neyrana, 17 July 2017 - 07:04 AM.

#2 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:15 AM

Wide Heal casting time could be even longer or heal amount could be nerfed. 90% if im not mistaken is way too much. 

Should be 70% or lower.

#3 DarrylWah

DarrylWah

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:15 AM

I agree on this. Especially for BSQ tesla is an important skill and the only one which can keep your back safe and stops people from locking you. Sentinel was a perfectly balanced class but with the current nerfes it becomes worse and worse. 

#4 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:29 AM

I understand the issues that you guys have posted, but the thing is tesla is more of an overpowered support skill. If you drop tesla on a player that has debuffs for example a quagmire/magnet/log/netbind it is terrifying to escape in general. This kind of skill scales with the amount of players actually playing sentinel. If there were 3 sentinels and they arent even geared, they could potentially help lock that person with 6 teslas up with netbinds and traps. It would be safe to assume sentinels should work a lil bit harder to catch someone because when they do it's rewarded heavily. Cutting down teslas down to 1 is a worthy balance.

As for comboing, in 1v1s most players in here have some sort of respect so they do not lock infinitely as a sentinel. However, I am pretty sure sentinels can lock infinitely once they catch their prey as long as someone doesn't interrupt them regardless of the changes.

Sentinels can already out dps most melee classes in a single combo, let alone a small rotation. If it's a short combo that you are working on, that is a completely different story and not reliable. It's like if an overlord stumblebums then gust slashes and walks away.

Sentinel is definitely a balanced class, they have utility, multiple strong ccs, have good damage, have solid ground and air locking potential with other players, most classes unfortunately don't have this kind of potential. In most cases nerfs tend to make classes worse cause they tend to be op. I haven't seen a nerf that made a class stronger.

I am being a contrarian so it doesn't look so one sided. It doesn't mean I'm against or for the idea of reverting the changes, I'm just providing on some of the reasons why it's justified on some things.

#5 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:06 AM

Well ofc a skill becomes op if multiple people are using it. Blizzard, Hammer Crush, Wyvern, Magnet, pretty much every skill. I wanted to hear other opinions first before i give my input to the tesla thingy.

What i can say is that PvP and BSQ here is kinda laggy which makes it pretty hard for sentinel, since, as said, they need to land a net to deal damage or to combo. Sad thing is that you can throw away all the launching skills as catcher since people will just alg out and you cant follow up. Landing a net is also quite hard in BSQ if its laggy. While dealing damage, casting net tesla is pretty usefull, since it can do 2 things.

1. you place a tesla on your opponent (if you stunned one, which is also pretty hard since landing and performing a chaincombo stun in a laggy BSQ is not easy). with the tesla on your opponent you have a higher chance to cast the net on him (which also is quite hard thanks to delay. in many cases the opponent will just escape)

2. you can place a tesla behind you so you stop other people from interrupting your netcasting / damage dealing.

And damage dealing as a sentinel also ebcame quite hard since you need some space to spam x attack (because you automatically move forwards while doing that) and because sentinel has no short animated hard hitting skill like Gatling Rush or Final Decision (shootdown launches and will allow the enemy/ flagholder to escape). Most of the other skills like wolf, falcon are quite useless to deal damage, beside that Ice Shower. But that one has a long animation and requires awakening charge.

So dealing damage as a sentinel needs some time. Tesla gives you a few more seconds if you dont place it on your target but between target and the other opponents which are trying to interrupt you.

So what shall i say, tesla is nice since it buys you time, give you space to breath and is able to kite. 

For 1o1 PvP i honestly dont care about Teslas Cooldown, i use it one time each combo. But in a crowded BSQ where many people are comming for ya its nice to have a skill like tesla with a lower cooldown since you got no skill to stop the enemy like Rocket Punch, Barb, Sword Dance and so on and so on.

Thats pretty much it. I share also the opinion to set the cooldown back.

Edited by TurtleTuber, 17 July 2017 - 11:11 AM.

#6 Nobbye

Nobbye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:20 PM

A lot of people seems to forget that theres also other people in bsq. You're not doing catching/damage dealing/whatever you're doing alone. You can cast nets and teslas on already stunned/freezed targets thus help your teammates. 2>1. Sentinels are still good asset in any team.

#7 Nobility

Nobility

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationThe Fire Nation
  • Server:Kaye

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:30 PM

To all the people complaining about the nerf on the duration of muddy mud's debuff (since I know the OP isn't the only one): 

In the past, the debuff decreased mspeed by 60% for 50sec which is insanely powerful where there were no other debuffs that could even compare to it. The closest one would be a Dragoon's 'Joint break' boasting  a measely -50% mspeed for only 5 SECONDS.These 2 debuffs were  basically the same except one had a duration 10x longer than the other...It was literally screaming broken yet no one was willing to see and accept that. If u arent running 400mspeed, -60% is a lot where it heavily impacts ur gameplay as mspeed is linked directly to ur recovery speed (something i find stupid).  When it comes to escaping certain skill combinations, it isn't a matter of how fast ur reaction speed or how developed ur gaming sense is but instead, how stacked u r in a particular stat. In this case, mspeed. The current 10sec duration is fine as it is and needs no change. If you want a powerful debuff such as this to have a 20sec duration, why not increase the duration of every other class' debuff to 20sec as well? 20 sec debuff duration on weapon suspension, joint break, splash trap, silence trap, april fools etc. I'm sure that'd be fun.

Just to be clear, I don't hate invos in anyway nor do I favour it over any other class. I play it myself as well as against them many times in pvp so trust me when i say that the debuff's duration is busted. 

TL;DR : qCaWC5H.jpg

#8 Bustincaps

Bustincaps

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:40 PM

Sentinels are right behind mages and drakans in BSQ if you ask me, even after the tesla nerf. It's a high mobility class with crowd control via traps and a wide range airborne catch skill along with big comboing potential. Sentinel is an extremely versatile class and has always been one of the better pvp classes. Making it so you can't place 2 teslas at once, which is a busted thing to be able to do, is hardly a nerf. It's the way it should have been made to begin with and these recents nerfs to the class have made it probably the most balanced class in the game apart from Twin (lol jk :P).

#9 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:56 PM

What ever sentinel lack's in damage(which i disagree on), no damage fall off 25% final damage amplification advanced bow mastery + piercing x spam, they make it up in spades with utility.
I already think a 13 second cooldown for a skill that last's 11 seconds is plenty merciful of the developer, compared to the destroyer's auto sh*t system with a duration of 21 seconds and 35 second cooldown.

#10 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:27 PM

Some of you talk like tesla coil is unusable in pvp now. It's only a 13 sec cooldown, you can still pretty much spam it one after another. There is absolutely no need to revert that change.

I think most debuffs and buffs should be longer, except for the likes of silence.

Edited by Precrush, 17 July 2017 - 09:27 PM.

#11 Nobility

Nobility

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationThe Fire Nation
  • Server:Kaye

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:52 AM

The staff were very generous when it came to nerfing sentinel's tesla. A 2sec increased CD is just a slap on the wrist so I don't get y people r crying about it. The skill basically has an effective CD of 2secs since the timer starts counting down from the point of it being used rather than it ending. It's still good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users