Upgrade Ragnarok Online - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Upgrade Ragnarok Online

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 nerovergil7

nerovergil7

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

RO was a legendary game. However it was old. The game need upgrade

1. Make it compatible with latest windows version. RO can easily overheat my pc. why is that? I can play other modern game no problem.

2. Warcraft 3/RO2 2 walk path. Walking in RO is kinda hard, some path cant even be walked even it was near. I want an auto path where you can just click on the map and character walk there

3. Map (local) chat and Global chat

4. Improve 3D surrounding art. Make more eye candy.

5. Mini head at the map. So we will know our which one is our party member on map

6. More alternative sprite (costume that have fighting animations)

7. More 3rd class on other mini class like soul linker, gunslinger, super novice...

8. Make official smart phone version

Edited by nerovergil7, 18 July 2017 - 02:25 PM.

#2 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:21 PM

sounds like you want a cell phone game. there is a ro cell phone game give it a try

#3 4904170307080120113

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Server:Thor and Chaos

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:37 PM

No 2 will make its hard to detect bot,

no 4 is implemented already at prontera. do you notice it? however, a lot of people complain about lag there

no 5, you can know by the colours which match the name in party menu.

no 8. ro mobile version is being tested in china if im not wrong.

others, can be considered good. :)

#4 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:15 PM

Just make your own game. RO1 will never change as the way it is. The one you are looking for is the Chinese RO mobile game. Give it a try.

#5 zilahmonsan

zilahmonsan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:18 PM

they tried that one already, it's called RO 2. Just play that one.

there's also this chinese RO mobile game where autopath is enabled. Gets kinda boring though. 

#6 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:29 PM

RO was a legendary game. However it was old. The game need upgrade

1. Make it compatible with latest windows version. RO can easily overheat my pc. why is that? I can play other modern game no problem.

i dunno about this, but i am fine, even by opening 3-4 clients on LAPTOP.

2. Warcraft 3/RO2 2 walk path. Walking in RO is kinda hard, some path cant even be walked even it was near. I want an auto path where you can just click on the map and character walk there

nice idea.

no, please. trashtalk at its best.

it is fine for me.

5. Mini head at the map. So we will know our which one is our party member on map

we have it already. see a pink arrow on your mini map.

nice idea. so far we have like spell circuit, black cat, that behave differently when in battle.

7. More 3rd class on other mini class like soul linker, gunslinger, super novice...

we have rebel, expanded super novice. soul linker and taekwon master is already in development on kRO.

possible but it will be kinda hard to play, since you need to click many buttons in quick succession if you wanna do instances and leveling. if you just want to AFK or chat, i guess it will be fine.

#7 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:53 PM

number 2 will greatly affect woe

#8 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:11 PM

My PC is fine with RO but Ragnarok App seldomly crash on Windows 10 whenever i move my skill in the skill bars, i dunno why but Windows 10 is notoriously bad in terms of compatibility in some games. even Japanese games that i play especially touhou got compatibility problems.

Yes Please

In philippine Ragnarok online (The Original pRO, not the Extreme version),We have the item called as "Megaphone" were we can shout out all of the things we want to say in the server, And yes, Trashtalking is common but since i'm used to it and i'm using megaphone to sell things faster and to do recruit for Parties, it maybe good but yeah,trashtalking will be a problem, especially in Thor (Right guys wahahhahaa, but its fun to see them trashtalking to each other :heh: 

Yes please, to attract new guys 

We got one, The pink arrow (that's the indicator for your guild members) and the square one (your party members)

Yes please

We got Rebel (although Rebel are kinda...weak for now) Kangerou and Oboro (like Rebel, still weak, but we will have the awakening update), Expanded Novice and Doram(this is what i can safely say, they are like 3rd job in their HP and damage) . We have Soul Reaper (Soul linker's 3rd job) and Star Emperor (Taekwondo's 3rd job) on the way.Maybe after 2045  :heh:  , just kidding, maybe we wait for the announcement when they will get it.

(I know we got the smart phone version but i do not know if it is official)

Edited by Icarus05, 18 July 2017 - 10:11 PM.

#9 AcidTerror

AcidTerror

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:59 PM

Client for Android devices, but it's very inconvenient to play.

Edited by AcidTerror, 18 July 2017 - 11:01 PM.

#10 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:18 PM

The game will be as is for as long as this game aren't dying.

I had a direct experience of inheriting someone else's game project with 3,800 lines of C++ source codes. I believe RO1, as a really old game, will be much and much greater than mine.

I know exactly how hard the dev team is approaching while editing the game because changing just only 1 line of code have very high chance to cause the game to crash. (think about the problem Ragexe.exe has stopped working something like that.)

Much higher chance if the game's source codes aren't object-oriented or make a redundant pieces of code.

Changing game's source code will add more works (and consequences if any glitches happen) on the game tester. So it's a bad idea in business' aspect. (Business' aspect = how to make as much money as we can while keeping the current works as less as possible.)

With that reason, the improvements the dev team has been doing to the game, you can only see new things such as "New items", "New character's outfits", "New skills or jobs" because those kind of things are just the datas contained in the data.grf that RO's main program (Ragexe.exe) is using.

The much better way to do an improved version of current RO1 is to make a completely new game. That's why RO2 or other mobile version came out before.

RO1 uses the very old graphics API called DirectX 7. I believe there must have been more old APIs but I don't know.

Just re-constructing the game to use newer APIs such as DirectX12 is similar to demolishing the building's base which will cause the building to be easily collapsed.

Edited by OBBO, 18 July 2017 - 11:25 PM.

#11 Kirx

Kirx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  • LocationSPHINX ---DESERT TRADING CENTER
  • Server:JOURNEY S7 Ragnarok

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:27 PM

And the upgrade result RAGNAROK JOURNEY a perfect

substitute for RO1.

#12 zilahmonsan

zilahmonsan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:52 PM

Client for Android devices, but it's very inconvenient to play.

been an android until 3 months ago and never knew this. and now i'm on iOS.  :p_sad:

#13 nerovergil7

nerovergil7

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:16 AM

No 2 will make its hard to detect bot,

no 4 is implemented already at prontera. do you notice it? however, a lot of people complain about lag there

no 5, you can know by the colours which match the name in party menu.

no 8. ro mobile version is being tested in china if im not wrong.

others, can be considered good. :)

3d like tosssss

#14 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:53 AM

I have yet to encounter a single problem caused by windows version (currently using win 10 64bit). The only thing which annoys me is heavy CPU usage

#15 Kirx

Kirx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  • LocationSPHINX ---DESERT TRADING CENTER
  • Server:JOURNEY S7 Ragnarok

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:02 PM

I have yet to encounter a single problem caused by windows version (currently using win 10 64bit). The only thing which annoys me is heavy CPU usage

Have u tried playing 32 bit with jRO cos RO got more

new content from team Japan pretty recently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users