• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 P3UTR0S

P3UTR0S

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:47 PM

How have you people leveling your archers? I found that leveling an archer without any agi was easy at first but later on became hell due to the lack of flee. I have 2 archers at the moment to one day become bard/dancer, first was a future dancer that is at job 50 with 40 agi on her but low vit and int, i thought that 40 agi was waaay too much for a dancer and wanted to know what you guys think.

Now, my future bard had no agi at all until i got to toy factory, he had around 40 int and some vit by the time i got there and it has been really annoying leveling there without any flee since you can die in very few hits, so i have been wondering how much agi should i dump on him.

Basically what i am asking here is how do you guys level your future bards and dancers, and how much agi should i dump in my bard and in my dancer. I need this help because it will be my first time ever making bard/dancers so i have little to no idea of what i am doing.

#2 ggyoureded

ggyoureded

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:15 AM

Honestly, I plan on just leeching it. lol.

Realistically youd like to aim for almost no agi if possible..If you have to dump any last stats anywhere you could throw it into agi, but it wouldnt be very much at all.

Edited by ggyoureded, 19 July 2017 - 04:17 AM.

#3 P3UTR0S

P3UTR0S

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:22 AM

Honestly, I plan on just leeching it. lol.

Realistically youd like to aim for almost no agi if possible..If you have to dump any last stats anywhere you could throw it into agi, but it wouldnt be very much at all.

So 40 agi was waaay too much, better to make a new archer then? Im still looking for more tips on how to make this dancer work.

#4 ggyoureded

ggyoureded

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:40 AM

Yeah, youre going to want INT/DEX/VIT with these characters -- 20 agi is fine because spamming dazzler/Frost joke can help, but 40 there is no point unless youre going full agi its a bit of a waste.

#5 P3UTR0S

P3UTR0S

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:50 AM

Yeah, youre going to want INT/DEX/VIT with these characters -- 20 agi is fine because spamming dazzler/Frost joke can help, but 40 there is no point unless youre going full agi its a bit of a waste.

Alright, guess i will be making a new one. Mind if i ask if could use the name i gave to a character after i delete it? If i were to delete this old archer would i be able to use her name on a new character?

#6 HKHKHK

HKHKHK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:53 AM

How have you people leveling your archers? I found that leveling an archer without any agi was easy at first but later on became hell due to the lack of flee. I have 2 archers at the moment to one day become bard/dancer, first was a future dancer that is at job 50 with 40 agi on her but low vit and int, i thought that 40 agi was waaay too much for a dancer and wanted to know what you guys think.

Step 1: Make Novice.

Step 2: Leech til archer.

Step 3: Leech til bard.

Step 4: ????????

Step 5: Profit.

#7 ggyoureded

ggyoureded

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:02 AM

Alright, guess i will be making a new one. Mind if i ask if could use the name i gave to a character after i delete it? If i were to delete this old archer would i be able to use her name on a new character?

Yes, I am pretty sure you can.

#8 P3UTR0S

P3UTR0S

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:10 PM

How much dex should i really aim to? Around 80? I know it increases bow damage and all but does it affect support skills?

#9 Doublan

Doublan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:56 PM

Agi for frost joker? I think the delay for it is fixed no matter what you agi is. The animation of the skill moves faster, but you wont be able to spam it more times.

About the post. I have my archer ready, 0 agi, full int and spam DS all day. DEX I am not sure of it, since this is not 150level cap, you may still want to reduce fixed casts for mages. I do not think WoE oriented mages will have Dex (Int/Vit mages and some dex), so is not so bad to have high Dex.

That is my theories tho. Lets see other Bards opinion.

#10 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:22 AM

for bard INT is way more important than DEX. Strings gives a k base cast time reduction, and doesnt scales so easily of dex to reduce it further (10 dex = 1% reduction)
INT however will reduce the aftercast delay of all skills that have it, and is more important to have than reduced cast time, as well as it scales better(10 int=2%) and has a good base reduction. 100 total int will reduce the cast delay by 90% already.

#11 aikokun

aikokun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:11 PM

Don't just stand there while the monsters attack you, kite them around while attacking/DSing. I like Stings down in Glast Heim for later levels, but it can be a pain to get to, so bring a lot of Fly Wings. It's also pretty much entirely empty of players too.

#12 Poekie98

Poekie98

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:56 PM

for bard INT is way more important than DEX. Strings gives a k base cast time reduction, and doesnt scales so easily of dex to reduce it further (10 dex = 1% reduction)
INT however will reduce the aftercast delay of all skills that have it, and is more important to have than reduced cast time, as well as it scales better(10 int=2%) and has a good base reduction. 100 total int will reduce the cast delay by 90% already.

Source on this.

#13 DarthaNyan

DarthaNyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:59 PM

Source on this.

iROwiki

#14 Donnerstang

Donnerstang

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:13 PM

Well, i'm going for a more "Hybrid(Battle and Support) riff build", so my stats will be something around this:91 DEX,1-20 VIT,85-90 AGI,40 INT,10 STR, 1 LUK

I have no Idea if its good ir not, and my archer is lvl 5x, so it is easy to fix or make other :x

#15 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:45 PM

Source on this.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Magic_Strings

Edited by Ashuckel, 26 July 2017 - 02:45 PM.

#16 PoWeRchordZ

PoWeRchordZ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationFrom the depths
  • Server:RE:start

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:59 PM

Isn't high dex still good for bragi? Fixed casting time is removed due to the setting of the server right?

#17 NamzaKaren

NamzaKaren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:58 PM

Agi for frost joker? I think the delay for it is fixed no matter what you agi is. The animation of the skill moves faster, but you wont be able to spam it more times.

About the post. I have my archer ready, 0 agi, full int and spam DS all day. DEX I am not sure of it, since this is not 150level cap, you may still want to reduce fixed casts for mages. I do not think WoE oriented mages will have Dex (Int/Vit mages and some dex), so is not so bad to have high Dex.

That is my theories tho. Lets see other Bards opinion.

If you're under Strings, you'll be able to spam Unbarring Octaves/Dazzler faster. Even faster if the Bard uses Impressive Riff as well. Unfortunately your own song doesn't affect you. You need to be under someone else's Strings or have Bard/Dancer Spirit in order for your song to affect yourself.

Edited by NamzaKaren, 04 August 2017 - 03:04 AM.

#18 DFreak423

DFreak423

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:45 AM

My support bard build is 44agi, 70vit,80int,70dex. With this build and a bit of gear/buffs I end up with 70agi,78vit,100int, 110dex which adds up to roughly...-80% delay reduction and -41% cast time on Magic Strings. +43% max hp from Song of Lutie, and +33% aspd from impressive Riff.

Note: This assumes some mid-range, not end game gear, and self buffs + bless/agi. End game gear and more buffs/food would improve all these slightly.

Edited by DFreak423, 02 August 2017 - 08:47 AM.

#19 HKHKHK

HKHKHK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:03 AM

My support bard build is 44agi, 70vit,80int,70dex. With this build and a bit of gear/buffs I end up with 70agi,78vit,100int, 110dex which adds up to roughly...-80% delay reduction and -41% cast time on Magic Strings. +43% max hp from Song of Lutie, and +33% aspd from impressive Riff.

Note: This assumes some mid-range, not end game gear, and self buffs + bless/agi. End game gear and more buffs/food would improve all these slightly.

IIRC you would want to close your stats at either divisible by 5 or 10 for all songs. Also I would advise you not to calculate your stats for "mid range gears" otherwise once you can afford "end game" gears, your stats will be wonky.

#20 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:56 AM

at the point when a person can afford the best gear possible, he/she might as well just make a new character to make full use of it. No point having a 80% efficient character because you are expecting gear you dont know if you gonna get.

#21 Ignasia

Ignasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:16 AM

Don't just stand there while the monsters attack you, kite them around while attacking/DSing. I like Stings down in Glast Heim for later levels, but it can be a pain to get to, so bring a lot of Fly Wings. It's also pretty much entirely empty of players too.

Yep...seriously, you really do not need to leech a bard at all.

---

It's NOT hard to solo a non-agi archer.

One benefit to take advantage of with renewal, is that attack, especially early on, is 70~90% weapon attack and for archers especially, element of your arrow.

Aim for DEX:INT in a 1:1 ratio to about 40 or 50.  Then DEX to 70 for leveling purposes, then VIT:INT to about 40 VIT, at a 1:1 ratio.  Then INT to 90, then pick your final stats and dump into them.

---

Skill path:

Vulture's Eye 10 -> Double Strafe 10 -> Arrow Shower 9 -> Improve Concentration 10 -> Owl's Eye 10

Edited by Ignasia, 02 August 2017 - 10:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users