Blacksmiths are still fun to play, but they are clearly worse than they used to be.
1. Mammonite was hit pretty hard by the changes to the economy. A white pot used to cost around 900 zeny. Mammonite 10 was around 900 zeny. That meant that if mammonite would save you from using 1 pot you broke even, but if it saved you from using 2 or more pots than mamo leveling was actually cheaper. Now with silvervine woe pots completely replacing whites everything is different. Woe white pots only cost around 100 zeny. Mammonite is a far more expensive way of leveling compared to potting now. Speaking of silvervines, one of the biggest advantages of mammonite is it's very low sp cost. At only 5 sp it was spam-able even without any int. Now everybody is getting large chunks of blue pots for free with their whites. This means that the value of real blues has plummeted, but also that the low sp cost of mammonite is less meaningful.
2. Discount is far less useful than it used to be. Since potions are no longer worth buying from the npcs the only thing we really get are flywings and awakes. The savings for having the skill for personal use is FAR lower now, and as other players are getting pots with silvervines the resale market is gone.
3. Woe whites and blues cannot be put into carts. This means that the advantage of all that extra caring capacity of the cart is gone. Whites and blues are what fills up your caring capacity after all. Now I can fill my 8,000 weight limit cart with.......flywings?
4. Greed and enlarge weight limit used to be exclusive to Blacksmith/merchant. Now they are given to any character willing to spend just a small amount on the cash shop. In the case of greed Blacksmiths can't even learn the skill yet, so the scroll are the only way to cast it.
5. Overcharge 10 is given to any level 12 or lower novice for free. Merchants have to use 10 skill points to get that. So what I spent 10 skill points on on my blacksmith I could have just done for free with an alt.
6. This might just be temporary, but the continued lack of a juice npc is making it very expensive to get the only aoe blacksmith skill. The last grape juice was seen at 350k, and you need two of them. Throw in the banana juice that you also need and cart revolution is costing well over 700k to learn.
Edited by LastPlaceLarey, 21 July 2017 - 01:32 PM.