Blacksmiths are worse than they used to be - Merchant Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Blacksmiths are worse than they used to be

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 LastPlaceLarey

LastPlaceLarey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:30 PM

Blacksmiths are still fun to play, but they are clearly worse than they used to be.

1.  Mammonite was hit pretty hard by the changes to the economy.  A white pot used to cost around 900 zeny.  Mammonite 10 was around 900 zeny.  That meant that if mammonite would save you from using 1 pot you broke even, but if it saved you from using 2 or more pots than mamo leveling was actually cheaper.  Now with silvervine woe pots completely replacing whites everything is different.  Woe white pots only cost around 100 zeny.  Mammonite is a far more expensive way of leveling compared to potting now.  Speaking of silvervines, one of the biggest advantages of mammonite is it's very low sp cost.  At only 5 sp it was spam-able even without any int.  Now everybody is getting large chunks of blue pots for free with their whites.  This means that the value of real blues has plummeted, but also that the low sp cost of mammonite is less meaningful.  

2.  Discount is far less useful than it used to be.  Since potions are no longer worth buying from the npcs the only thing we really get are flywings and awakes.  The savings for having the skill for personal use is FAR lower now, and as other players are getting pots with silvervines the resale market is gone.

3.  Woe whites and blues cannot be put into carts.  This means that the advantage of all that extra caring capacity of the cart is gone.  Whites and blues are what fills up your caring capacity after all.  Now I can fill my 8,000 weight limit cart with.......flywings?   

4.  Greed and enlarge weight limit used to be exclusive to Blacksmith/merchant.  Now they are given to any character willing to spend just a small amount on the cash shop.  In the case of greed Blacksmiths can't even learn the skill yet, so the scroll are the only way to cast it.

5.  Overcharge 10 is given to any level 12 or lower novice for free.  Merchants have to use 10 skill points to get that.  So what I spent 10 skill points on on my blacksmith I could have just done for free with an alt. 

6.  This might just be temporary, but the continued lack of a juice npc is making it very expensive to get the only aoe blacksmith skill.  The last grape juice was seen at 350k, and you need two of them.  Throw in the banana juice that you also need and cart revolution is costing well over 700k to learn.

Edited by LastPlaceLarey, 21 July 2017 - 01:32 PM.

#2 Kryz

Kryz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:33 PM

Your only reasonable point is the last one

#3 diluted41

diluted41

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:39 PM

Better or worse, it doesn't matter. If you're expecting smiths to be what you're used to and not changed due to renewal stuff, you're going to have a bad time

#4 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:03 PM

Smiths seem pretty good to me here. If you want to complain about a class being weak look no further than Assassin.

#5 mentalmidget

mentalmidget

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

blacksmith is the strongest right clicker in the game right now

#6 PinkWing

PinkWing

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:tranquility

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:23 PM

blacksmith is the strongest right clicker in the game right now

tried rightclick as hard as i can . only camera rotate :p_swt:

#7 Doedu

Doedu

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:35 PM

i have a BS 93 and it is so good to me... unfortunately greed isn't abled now. Juice quest... maybe it's a barrier for newbies, but at lvl 55~60 u can get it very easily. Gym Pass, great.. i think that is it ^.^ BS is a great job, expensive but igualsly funny.

Edited by Doedu, 21 July 2017 - 02:38 PM.

#8 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

All i see is complain about 3 things

1.- WoE potions

2.- Greed is available for everyone coming from Kafra shop

3.- Juices

WoE potions is not really bad, everyone are doing so many drama for that simple thing (the major % of complains is only for Knights in WoE nothing else...), but they are since so many years in renewal (and before in pre-renewal), now about this point is nothing to do directly with the Class, this is more general than specific class.

Greed, Discount (lv 5 from card) and seems Overcharge (i dont know it this can be use free O.o, sorry i have 4 days i dont log on so much since i have a heavy job right now, maybe this is for a update?), anyway there are so many things everyone must be complain then, like Heal scrolls (drop in-game) AGI and Bless Scrolls (In kafra shop soon), Wind walker scrolls, Aspersio Scrolls, etc. Again nothing to do with the class to make him worse

This last one, Juices, yeah i can agreed we need this, Banana Juice is not really important we can hunt for this one, but Grape juice is impossible to everyone can get their quest skills with this problem, but again, nothing to make directly the class worse at all.

Resume:

Nothing to see here at least no with the title, is all about Kafra shop complain and problems with the Juice.

#9 AngelyLe

AngelyLe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:52 PM

how can you learn overcharge 10 when you are level 12 novice????

#10 Gabriel92MS

Gabriel92MS

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:59 PM

merchant manual

#11 Nakano15

Nakano15

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Odin (RE-START)

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:47 PM

The player is supposed to get rid of the class manuals when leaving the tutorial, but due to the changes in the server, to make a mix between Renewal and Classic, the manual is kept with the player when leaving the tutorial, no matter what way you use to leave.

#12 PoWeRchordZ

PoWeRchordZ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationFrom the depths
  • Server:RE:start

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:50 PM

Lol i didn't know that you can carry your manual outside of training grounds, i wasted my time creating a merchant for overcharge

On topic:

Nothing wrong on your complaints except for the availability of juice making, I played renewal up until 2015 you can probably say that some 3rd jobs are made so terrible that you'd want to quit playing it

#13 malicxe

malicxe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:46 AM

I played renewal up until 2015 you can probably say that some 3rd jobs are made so terrible that you'd want to quit playing it

like what?

#14 PoWeRchordZ

PoWeRchordZ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationFrom the depths
  • Server:RE:start

Posted 29 July 2017 - 02:21 AM

like what?

Performer classes.

#15 BiteRAWR

BiteRAWR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Thor || Odin

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:56 PM

Discount is good for me.. bought a lot meat and sell  to low level player..

i think the problem with discount for you is the targeted market to sell to.. 

you need to set your target of sales on whom you're gonna sell your item to and do they need it?

example: i manage to sell few hundred meat in less than 30 minute to the region im in and the targeted customer.

we're merchant so getting to know your market is as good as leveling your character. :p_laugh:

#16 8084130503220115063

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:54 AM

Yeah but you also have to try and farm things that people want to buy and with a crowded server that can be difficult unless you plan on selling consumables all the time :P 

#17 BiteRAWR

BiteRAWR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 01 August 2017 - 08:20 PM

Yeah but you also have to try and farm things that people want to buy and with a crowded server that can be difficult unless you plan on selling consumables all the time :P

true.. but I am selling consumable all the time with exception selling gear that I found while farming.

manage to get wolf card. what a blessed day.. :p_laugh: :p_laugh: :p_laugh:

#18 8084130503220115063

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:47 AM

haha yes I hear you. I need to find better places to farm with CR that aren't so crowded xD 

#19 BiteRAWR

BiteRAWR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:04 PM

How bout orc village n dungeon.. Orc lady give nice xp

#20 8084130503220115063

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:26 AM

I'm level 75 now so maybe something a little better than that. Or maybe just high orcs until i get rich or reach level 99 whatever is first xD 

#21 BiteRAWR

BiteRAWR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:14 PM

Whats the average level or orc btw? The laaaaaaaadies drops good loot.. kaching!!!!! $_$

i Usually do orc for the loot since they dont need lot supplies to deal with for hours not for leveling hehehehe... Loot till dropped or till 90% muahahahaha!!

#22 8084130503220115063

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:20 PM

Depending on your build and items you can start doing high orcs by 60 or 65. The High Orc Map has orc ladies too so if the damage from the archers and high orcs isn't too much for you go there 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users