#1 4805130608051649343

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:56 AM

Hi,

since the maint thread was locked I'm going to post it here:

I seriously doubt people understand the difference between a private and an official server.

Yes - the expactions going into an official servers are higher because they have a "studio" and actual company behind them.

This should make them have more ressources, I agree.

Thing is, with a company behind them, assisting them, burocracy and regulations come into place. They can't just install a Harmony shield or move onto a DDOS protected Cloudflare server. There's a change process involved where procs, cons and legal stuff have to be discussed first before a solution is ready to be rolled out.

People act like they could fix this problem in less than 2 hours, which some of them maybe could, if they were in charge of everything and could do whatever the -_- they wanted without taking anything else into consideration. That's what some of the pserver guys are proving to be able to do. It's just not the same.

So please - if you have never been part of a company (which appearently nobody here is judging from the way they cry about VIP and free stuff) - just shut up and let the guys work. I'm sure they are trying their hardest to work together with their colleagues in the background to provide a good experience for everyone.

Thanks.

#2 DrunkenBear

DrunkenBear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:00 AM

I mean its quite understandable. People paid for vip and bought plenty kafra shop items.

I know there is not much that you could do about ddos, but its pretty normal to vent their frustration on forum.

They just want to play dude, you feel me?

#3 mujiman100000

mujiman100000

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:01 AM

I disagree, its not charity company its business, good service = happy client, no need reason behind them

#4 kinkthecat

kinkthecat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:02 AM

it would be pretty simple for them to add easy things to fix some of the problems,

like if the character screen made you enter a 4 digit code to choose characters that would mostly resolve the log in to other people account issure, because to choose a new character you would need the PIN for it (EXTREMELY EASY FIX) and you could add that, people love security features.

secondly, if they fixed that 40% of the complaining would leave (including some of the bots being stumped)

if everyone stopped complaining the lag might leave because nobody would be complaining

lastly im not complaining just saying what i think.

#5 atomicbomb99

atomicbomb99

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:02 AM

I can understand your point of view, and for this reason, I can't tolerate a company that gives this service after years of experience. Why did they open the server in this condition? Oh, I know the answer: let's make a bunch of money on this stupid guys.

#6 mujiman100000

mujiman100000

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:04 AM

after 14 years of experiences they still need time and excuse?

#7 DarthaNyan

DarthaNyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:05 AM

Why did they open the server in this condition? Oh, I know the answer: let's make a bunch of money on this stupid guys.

Exactly. But also: lets hurry up and open server before pRO REVO gets our prospective players. Which is basically the same.

Way too rushed and unprepared "release".

Edited by DarthaNyan, 27 July 2017 - 08:06 AM.

#8 Ardelle

Ardelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNiflheim
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:09 AM

tumblr_otrdr3pvgh1vx9t4fo1_540.jpg

Mornin' yall.

Honestly, my guess is that they were forced into opening up Restart ASAP by kRO to beat the pservers. Rushed is as rushed does.

Edited by Ardelle, 27 July 2017 - 08:09 AM.

#9 dididanger

dididanger

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/bangrj
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Transex

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:11 AM

Shuahsuahsau innocent, time is money $. $

#10 lalisn

lalisn

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:14 AM

Depois de 14 anos de experiências, eles ainda precisam de tempo e desculpas?

THIS

#11 n2nanni

n2nanni

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationVe
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:20 AM

Even steam have fallen sometimes to DDOS  :huh:

#12 PinkWing

PinkWing

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Server:tranquility

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:35 AM

like if the character screen made you enter a 4 digit code to choose characters that would mostly resolve the log in to other people account issure, because to choose a new character you would need the PIN for it (EXTREMELY EASY FIX) and you could add that, people love security features.

secondly, if they fixed that 40% of the complaining would leave (including some of the bots being stumped)

if everyone stopped complaining the lag might leave because nobody would be complaining

lastly im not complaining just saying what i think.

lol . pin bypassed by bots along ago . how it will prevernt into logging to other accs ?

#13 wpUSK

wpUSK

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:47 AM

lol . pin bypassed by bots along ago . how it will prevernt into logging to other accs ?

has nothing to do with bots, but i don't think it will prevent logging into an acc that isnt yours since it's clearly server not checking things to begin with

#14 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:20 AM

If you're a paying customer, you have the right to complain. Whether it's directly WP's fault or not, they are providing a subpar service.

#15 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:42 AM

If you're a paying customer, you have the right to complain. Whether it's directly WP's fault or not, they are providing a subpar service.

this one exactly ... 

#16 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:59 AM

I want to cry. This is some BS.

#17 GalenDresden

GalenDresden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:05 AM

Yes but there is a difference between the Constructive Criticism and willingness to offer support and what some people have done on here so far.

I prefer to be as constructive as possible while understanding about the situation if it is not inherently the fault of the company. Could WP have shelled out for better servers? Probably but 'Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda'...Hindsight is always 20/20 and I doubt they foresaw a DDOS campaign like this coming so soon[or at all] in the life of this server. (This is also why I think it is either the Botters/ZenySellers trying to extort VIP to create more characters or someone was cheesed off about getting a Ban. STO suffered a similar deal because of the latter.)

As it stands, we are the victims as much as WP is of whoever is behind this. Honestly, I'm not mad about it. I feel sad someone is this pathetic that they think this is a good way to get whatever jollies they want off or their Jimmies were rustled this badly but that is about all the Mental Space I am willing to give whoever is behind this. I got other games to play and others I could try out.  :no1: So for me, even with VIP, it is not a total loss. :)

#18 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:43 AM

Its a exactly the job of an good IT department to forsee possible threats to the system and avoid them by all means possible. So yeah they didnt do thier job if the hadnt forseen a DDos at one point, if they have forseen it and i give them still the benefit of a doubt, that they have , then there is someone who didnt listen to them and completly -_- up and the issue still previals.

Edited by RealGarion, 27 July 2017 - 10:47 AM.

#19 kinkthecat

kinkthecat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:46 AM

has nothing to do with bots, but i don't think it will prevent logging into an acc that isnt yours since it's clearly server not checking things to begin with

ya like if you have your personalized 4-8 digit pin for the character select, if they accident get into your account they cant access your character without that pin as well.

if you think its a server issue, put the PIN server on a separate control function server through a split so that it runs without the main server but signals to the main server. isnt that what classy banks do?

Edited by kinkthecat, 27 July 2017 - 10:49 AM.

#20 RedBuII

RedBuII

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:50 AM

if you have never been part of a company (which appearently nobody here is judging from the way they cry about VIP and free stuff) - just shut up and let the guys work.

Thanks

You sound like a buffoon.

Having been part of a company and being concerned in regards to compensation measures has absolutely nothing to do with each other. When companies experience stresses that in fact stress their customers, in this case, WP is the company and we are the consumers, they often times plan compensation/refunds to their customers due to their poor preformance, all while fixing their product at the same time. 

I'm not sure how you don't understand this

#21 wpUSK

wpUSK

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:55 AM

ya like if you have your personalized 4-8 digit pin for the character select, if they accident get into your account they cant access your character without that pin as well.

if you think its a server issue, put the PIN server on a separate control function server through a split so that it runs without the main server but signals to the main server. isnt that what classy banks do?

I don't really think the word "classy" can be applied to some amateurs running a very small mmo...the devs are literally amateurs too. Especially Kim Hakkyu.

I don't think iRO is allowed by parent company to change enough stuff to even implement it to begin with, if they even have any coders at all. If the implementation were bad it would be useless.

I see the same thing with so many asia based mmos, the excuse is always the parent company won't let them.

Edited by wpUSK, 27 July 2017 - 10:56 AM.

#22 TheUrnator

TheUrnator

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:58 AM

Customers does not have to understand anything.
You paid for the service, so you must get the service.
Its simple like that.
Everyone has the right the complain, if you think differently, you are wrong.

#23 CrazyWhitesmith

CrazyWhitesmith

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationAlberta
  • Server:Chaos - Odin

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:18 PM

still big works to do on servers

#24 tungs

tungs

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:25 PM

ty

#25 Omocho

Omocho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:34 PM

People are incredibly entitled and impatient these days. So they cry and whine and make total ignorant asses of themselves, and after a month nobody remembers the launch month problems.

Tbh I hope they see these entitled kiddies and just have a good laugh on their breaks reading all the stupid garbage that manages to come out of people's empty heads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users