• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Raphaelmb

Raphaelmb

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:40 PM

I know everyone has been bashing the hell out of warp portal and the team involved in RE:START.

I want to take a different tone and actually thank warp portal for releasing a server like RE:START.

I was actually able to get back into Ragnarok, a game I played when it was first released, the first online game I fell in love with.

There are a lot of things that need work in this server, but again, this is a completely new server, with content coming out EVERY MONTH. They also have to battle the common problems of new servers, on top of that they have to battle the army of bots, the many glitches, the stupid DDoS attacks, the lag etc2

I know that it sucks when the server goes down and we can't play, but let's all give a little appreciation that we can actually start Ragnarok from the very beginning, with no over inflation, no God Gears, no overpowered guilds and so on. A server where we can all be on even ground, and still have the knowledge of the entire content of Ragnarok.

So thanks warp portal, you got me back into the first game I ever fell in love with. I hope that you guys find solutions to the common problems that we're all experiencing.

But above all I'm sure a lot of the players here are also extremely glad about this new server, and the potential it holds.

#2 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:51 PM

I'll second that. I know I might be critical some times, but it's because of my frustrations with the lag and such. But especially after the maintenance yesterday, everything seemed a lot smoother. It would have been nice if I could have had my vend up for more than 10 minutes overnight, but not much WP can do about the DDOS atm.

#3 Nugeki

Nugeki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:55 PM

The game has been out for 10 + years. LOL  

They should of waited longer, and beta tested the servers before going live.

They rushed out the restart servers now they're paying the price.

*throws up hands*

#4 PinkWing

PinkWing

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:tranquility

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:59 PM

I know that it sucks when the server goes down and we can't play, but let's all give a little appreciation that we can actually start Ragnarok from the very beginning, with no over inflation, no God Gears, no overpowered guilds and so on. A server where we can all be on even ground, and still have the knowledge of the entire content of Ragnarok.

you forgot also "no bot protection"

also i'd like too that heavy drugs that you using .

inflation from bots . it's ok that some selling tens of same cards .

op cancerous woe box . who F need priest ?

yes sure lets contest who have more bots , "even ground" lol ,

Edited by PinkWing, 27 July 2017 - 04:01 PM.

#5 ladyblue777

ladyblue777

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:26 PM

Looks like some zeny farmer got upset when there army of bots got banned.

Its interesting I played on a private popular wow server that had DDOS protection. I find it strange that a commercial company can't have something similar. I also played Real WoW  for years never experienced DDOS attacks.  The only time I think I have experienced these attacks have been on Ragnarok.  I noticed WoW did have some bots, but  nothing like restart ragnarok currently has.

One of the things WoW did to combat the gold farmers was to sell gold.  I use to work in the IT field, and I once had a client that admitted to botting on WoW told me how much he made in  real dollars, which was a lot, but I guess people will pay a lot of  money to do well in a game. The sad thing is they are just cheating themselves in the long run.

#6 Casualty

Casualty

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:06 PM

Its interesting I played on a private popular wow server that had DDOS protection. I find it strange that a commercial company can't have something similar. I also played Real WoW  for years never experienced DDOS attacks.  The only time I think I have experienced these attacks have been on Ragnarok.  I noticed WoW did have some bots, but  nothing like restart ragnarok currently has.

DDoS protection doesn't mean you're immune to DDoS attacks. WoW has also had its fair share of extreme DDoS attacks. Even the biggest services can be knocked out by DDoS attacks. It's nothing new.

Although it's on a different scale (WoW has way more players than RO does), there are more bots in WoW than iRO as a whole has. I guess if you compare the percentage of players being bots on WoW vs RO it's not as much, but still.

#7 Allori

Allori

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationPlains of Arunafeltz
  • Server:Poring

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

The game has been out for 10 + years. LOL  

They should of waited longer, and beta tested the servers before going live.

They rushed out the restart servers now they're paying the price.

*throws up hands*

iirc, Warp Portal did not manage this server from the beginning, and Valk was a mess before they take control of the game :P

Btw, i wanna thank WP for bringing this concept to American continent and for making me addicted to this game again, after 13 years of grinding on that korean game about farming and grinding :P

Campitor is my hero, btw, i never saw anywhere a staff member so dedicated as him!

#8 Rest

Rest

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:27 PM

Yeah, thanks for all the hard work! Especially with addressing the lag. For the short time I was able to get in last night, Clock Tower and Orc Dungeon were back to normal, which is awesome!

#9 Vargfula

Vargfula

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:31 PM

+7 Days of VIP is a joke at this point. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users