Monster Spawns in Orlo - Page 2 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Monster Spawns in Orlo

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#26 shibby

shibby

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:49 AM

I have only been able to see the new update for a couple hours, but this is my feedback:

1. New monsters are great, even a cool new king!
CONS: Most are blue, not enough of them. I like the idea of increasing spawn after you are in an area, but I want to see loads of monsters! Image all of orlo with prison-like mobs. Or try just one massive desert map like prison. There would be so many people there!
I think drops have already been covered and obviously need some help.

2. The new city is very cool. I like how it is laid out, although it is hard to find npc's due to the mini-map hiding them.
CONS: There is a lot of open space at the south end of the city. One way to make this city over run with high levels is to place a big monster spawn at the southern end, like old Aqua King or Grand Master Golem. People would be able to login and always know something is going on there.
Also I think the level req should be 200. Needing level 210 seems unnecessary.

3. New quests!
CONS: They seem broken but will be fixed eventually?

Sparknotes: More monsters, more drops, fix quests, make the new city fun!

#27 mgon154

mgon154

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:18 PM

What do you think this was, Hill of wind?

Oh and the KING's drop nothing 75% of the time. And when they do. ORI DRILL? Really? you really do think this is hill of wind.

It's Breezy Hills 2. Seriously, it seems like the devs don't even care to look into this lol Fail devs.

Sorry to say this, but my experience was terrible.

I found myself solo, because the waves were just too pathetic to even warrant a party.
Waves dead in short time and then im standing about like a fudge. Nothing for the eye to see but...sand and more sand.
Also the actual wave was a mix of monsters. 2 of those i got to kill, was a monster that used to be pretty abundant to farm before this update. Now by the looks of it, they are few and far between.

I also gained myself an unwanted friend. Picture the scene. Nub rides around Orlo desperate to find something worth stopping his cart for.
Oh whats this? he locks target on the wave i have just worked to spawn. Do i need to go on and say what happened next? I think not..suffice to say it blowed, to the point i stopped my efforts to spawn anymore waves.
Who can blame the nub for stopping? I certainly cant. Poor guy was just wanting to find something, ANYTHING to kill.
I imagine casting eyes on the meaty little wave spawn, i had just created, made him think "HOLY ****" to the point he felt compelled to stop and get in there.

Of course, spawn gets obliterated and then im left killing the wave from start again...and again. They say third time works a charm. It did! Mr Nub continued, until i stopped and walked away. Why? because im nobodys lacky.

As i drove around searching for a better more secluded spot, the first thought i had was, is this really how Orlo should be. Should it not have danger at every turn to the traveller when travelling through it. This Orlo version does not. Thats disappointing. Theres no challenge here anymore. Orlo for pussies now.

My other quick observations were...
Big hand jack would not offer food for sale. What happened? shop shut now? or a bug?
City of Muris, my first exciting encounter, was white Desert Lizards. Im 210 and to be greeted by white monsters was a bit of an anti climax.
Still in the city.You cannot ride a cart in this area, grrr why not? I can drive around anywhere else but here. Feels like once again higher lvl has a penalty.

From anything to no carting in the city of Muris to such things as no no exp coupons being available to buy on Orlo.
Why cant i buy those coupons? Some of us do not want to be max lvl. If a noob can freeze their lvl, then just because i hit Orlo should mean i can continue to do so there.
If i choose to lvl much higher, Monsters on Orlo are going to turn blue to me. I dont want that!
Although im sure Item Mall will be pleased, since then i would need to buy retrieval medals $$. Sorry, i dont plan to buy anything, until the last farce gets sorted.
Still awaiting a satisfactory response about items we bought, stuck on accounts where they are useless on btw. But you know this right??!...right.

The 210 level req for Muris. Hmm so placing weps for 175 or above at the NPC in there, is someone having a laugh?

Drops are terrible. I seriously hope this is a bug and not a feature.

I like the new monsters, scorpions in particular, but did you really need to go into each and every single map and just about wipe out the old, then saturate it with the new?
There was nothing wrong with the monsters in some of those maps, granted there was an abundance of snakes, but heck they seem to be on the verge of extinction now.

So there ya go, thats my independent biased discovery so far of Orlo. If anyone doesnt like what i have posted, tough taters! thats why its biased, its my own personal opinion and i make no apologies to say alot of this update blowed more than the candles on my last birthday cake.
Thrown on were some nice little sweet bits. Like the Dinosaurs, Scorpions and the twitchy leg monsters! They look excellent. Just a shame they drop **** ahh if only i could just log in and sit staring at them, this game would rate a 10!
Lets be real here, this aint Junon, im not wanting to vend. I desire to kick some monster butt. Then travel back to town with my just rewards befitting for a lvl 210.

ROFL. THIS is the kind of feedback the devs and mods need to look at because it's real and straight to the point... seriously only a retard can mess up things like this... simply because he probably doesn't even care about ROSE and has other games that he would rather work on. :sob:

Edited by mgon154, 21 December 2010 - 08:21 PM.

#28 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:54 PM

I hope something is done soon, I want to level in orlo and do the sexy quests, I really don't want to level in ruins, got bored of that place 50 levels ago!

#29 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:09 PM

I agree. I know they have to fix the DC/Crash issues asap but the monsters spawns need to be tip top on the list next. I always like to give the benefit of the doubt but I have no idea what they were thinking when they revised the spawns. Its like yes means no and visa versa. I thought they were going to increase the spawns and make more areas to farm legendaries etc, not totally throw it in a blender and then take more than half the monsters away from the maps as they exist statically.

#30 Terr0rex

Terr0rex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:30 PM

I couldn' agree more with Naughty and you Coffee. Their drugs is really good, i wan't some. :sob:

#31 Pink

Pink

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • LocationYour bed. For snuggles.

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:36 PM

I agree. I know they have to fix the DC/Crash issues asap but the monsters spawns need to be tip top on the list next. I always like to give the benefit of the doubt but I have no idea what they were thinking when they revised the spawns. Its like yes means no and visa versa. I thought they were going to increase the spawns and make more areas to farm legendaries etc, not totally throw it in a blender and then take more than half the monsters away from the maps as they exist statically.

I talked to Gen briefly on the subject and he said it was really hurried.
They basically wiped Orlo of all monsters and just dotted new ones around and threw in a couple old ones.

#32 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:39 PM

I talked to Gen briefly on the subject and he said it was really hurried.
They basically wiped Orlo of all monsters and just dotted new ones around and threw in a couple old ones.

Oh good, I'm glad to hear it was hurried and not hopefully a permanent thing, was getting worried there that it might stay like this :sob:

#33 Pink

Pink

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

Oh good, I'm glad to hear it was hurried and not hopefully a permanent thing, was getting worried there that it might stay like this :sob:

I was afraid too. :[

#34 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:42 PM

I should have asked myself Pink, been long days working and commuting etc. It probably would have been better they left the maps alone until they could have given it the time it deserved, but someone decided to revise the maps with little thought or time. Unfortunately this affects the holiday Rose time for the players.

#35 Pink

Pink

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:46 PM

I should have asked myself Pink, been long days working and commuting etc. It probably would have been better they left the maps alone until they could have given it the time it deserved, but someone decided to revise the maps with little thought or time. Unfortunately this affects the holiday Rose time for the players.

I completely agree. The maps were fine as they were.

#36 Nazr

Nazr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:21 AM

It seems that now the drop rates are imbalanced, powders drops like crazy, almost each kill would get u a lisent or at least red or orange powder, this greatly effects market price

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users