Patch Notes 08/02/2017 [Complete] - Page 2 - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 08/02/2017 [Complete]

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#26 icansing2010

icansing2010

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:33 PM

It is the skill that makes a certain class OP not the damage it deals, hence why sorc is OP. 

Destroyer being buff again when their snipe is already OP with little cooldown couple with shootdown. 

Warriors are already hitting hard....why are they being buff again? The reason why warriors r not strong its cos of their skills.

Stop buffing attack please, the game is already broken enough.

The update is bugged with magician class MA being increased 10 to 20k...

I hope this time this is really a TESTING phase and not gonna be permanent

Edited by icansing2010, 02 August 2017 - 04:33 PM.

#27 meat4prez2018

meat4prez2018

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:36 PM

After the patch, the IP blocking seems to have come back. Starting up the game without VPN just leads to a never-changing login screen.

#28 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:38 PM

You guys created a bug big time! I can't press the letter P, click on the pet tab, click on my pet without it shutting down.

Looking into it.

It is the skill that makes a certain class OP not the damage it deals, hence why sorc is OP. 

Destroyer being buff again when their snipe is already OP with little cooldown couple with shootdown. 

Warriors are already hitting hard....why are they being buff again? The reason why warriors r not strong its cos of their skills.

Stop buffing attack please, the game is already broken enough.

The update is bugged with magician class MA being increased 10 to 20k...

I hope this time this is really a TESTING phase and not gonna be permanent

What you see for the Magician classes is just what they always had. You can see in another forum topic that they always got 1.5x damage. It just has not been shown anywhere.

#29 Syazwi

Syazwi

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationMalaysia , Kedah

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:39 PM

Ninja And Bandit Need up more . .only can hit by skill

#30 allerulz

allerulz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:56 PM

Looking into it.

What you see for the Magician classes is just what they always had. You can see in another forum topic that they always got 1.5x damage. It just has not been shown anywhere.

Someone had a dead pet and it would let them click P and the pet tab but as soon as they revived the pet it would do the same thing and shutting down.

#31 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:58 PM

Someone had a dead pet and it would let them click P and the pet tab but as soon as they revived the pet it would do the same thing and shutting down.

I can confirm this bug and I am already working on the fix. Thanks for the report.

#32 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:55 PM

Temporary fix for the bug. Please read the post first. 

https://forums.warpp...-temporary-fix/

#33 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:47 PM

Roughly a ~100-200 dmg increase in raw dmg for lvl85 Overlord yielding 600~1.2k more dmg for crit's and for magic user i'm guessing there sudden increase in mattack is just due to the 1.5x multiplier they had being shown in there attack now?

#34 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:43 PM

Roughly a ~100-200 dmg increase in raw dmg for lvl85 Overlord yielding 600~1.2k more dmg for crit's and for magic user i'm guessing there sudden increase in mattack is just due to the 1.5x multiplier they had being shown in there attack now?

Meanwhile, it's pretty much showing every Overlord with endgame gear + atk increasing items reaching a monumental 130,000-160,000+ Attack fully buffed utilizing Bloody Roar. Though the fact that WarpPortal acknowledges Overlord's underpowered state and gave them two instances of buffs, however minor, is an A on the report card from me.

Part of me wants to ask an old guildie who uses Max-STR/Max-Atk Overlord to hop back on to see what he's reached now.

#35 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:03 PM

Ye I'm blocked again on my home internet :/

#36 Wutangraiseu

Wutangraiseu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:48 PM

i actually really enjoy the attack buffs nice update, thank you :)

#37 cenen

cenen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:50 PM

Somebody said "don't press P"; so, of course I did. I crashed.

Edit: Removing the pet also causes crashing. Don't try!

Edit 2: Oh my... Didn't read the previous posts. You are already aware of it. Nevermind!!!

Edited by cenen, 02 August 2017 - 09:56 PM.

#38 cenen

cenen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:01 PM

Ye I'm blocked again on my home internet :/

You should try again Precush. You should try 4 times without closing it.

First it doesn't go into the channel choosing scene; I try again and it shows the channel choosing scene but with a buggy screen; I try again and it says maintenance; I try again and finally can login.

At least it works for me. Good luck!

#39 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:04 PM

I can't even patch it^^

#40 Nmrud

Nmrud

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:10 PM

This patch barely made through the update process, took almost 2 hours to complete.

#41 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:12 AM

This patch barely made through the update process, took almost 2 hours to complete.

I can't even patch it^^

You should try again Precush. You should try 4 times without closing it.

First it doesn't go into the channel choosing scene; I try again and it shows the channel choosing scene but with a buggy screen; I try again and it says maintenance; I try again and finally can login.

At least it works for me. Good luck!

You might have noticed that we were hit by some strong attacks yesterday morning (server time) again. Therefore the mitigation has been adjusted to be stronger. It looks like this is causing the current problems some players have (my server status display script is a victim of it too and always shows that we are under maintenance which is for sure not correct). I already forwarded to the IT team that there are players having this problem again. Thank you everyone for your reports and patience. 

i'm guessing there sudden increase in mattack is just due to the 1.5x multiplier they had being shown in there attack now?

Yes, it was always there. The calculation for the m-classes didn't change. It just has never been shown on the character screen correctly before. The team has the opinion that there should not be any hidden multiplier the players can't see anywhere. So we decided that the amount of ATK should be shown including the multiplier.

#42 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:00 AM

I still have the same amount of attack as a Destroyer after the patch. Maybe it is just not shown ?

#43 nighty007

nighty007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:30 AM

The "Advanced" thing in MixBoard has no pictures of the Set btw

#44 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:59 AM

I promised to report how the change is affecting the savage class in PVE. So here I go. First of all, I notice and see the damage increase. I'm using a legend+20 POS weapon, but that is about the best item I own.

In my honest opinion though some classes like Knight, Ninja, Savage (maybe even Sentinel?) could still use a little boost in PVE.   So in the case if this is possible at all I would like to ask for seperated multiplier calculation for pve and pvp. I think this would be appreciated by many and mean no harm for pvp.

#45 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:03 AM

I still have the same amount of attack as a Destroyer after the patch. Maybe it is just not shown ?

It is shown, it's working as intended. You can easily check it out.

Open your character info page and look at your ATK. Hover over it and look at the numbers the tool tip is showing you.

For an example I am using the infos of a non-stacked Destroyer:

Character Total: 371

Item Total: 2941

FDA: 0.0%

this is a total of 3312. The Destroyer has a multiplier of 1.2 which is 3312 * 1.2 = 3974

Actually the Destroyer in the example has 3996 which is coming from assigned STR stat points which can't be seen in the character overview.

The multiplier is used at the end of the normal damage calculation -after- everything is calculated but -before- element damage is added.

In easy words: TotalDamge = (ATK * Multiplier) + ElementDamage

The "Advanced" thing in MixBoard has no pictures of the Set btw

Currently there is no preview picture available for those sets.

#46 cartouche

cartouche

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:14 AM

after testing on dragoon, i confirm that the damage increase is minimal in overall dps, i gained maybe 5% total damage compared to before, not sure why.

the character sheet shows a good 30% increase but in real damage terms, may as well not have bothered.

my dragoon remains taking dust not being played due to not having any use in pve or any use in pvp.

#47 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:25 AM

Well, I took a screenshot yesterday just before the maintenance to see how much attack I'd exactly get from that buff. And with the exact same gear and without any buff today I have the exact same amount displayed.

Here are some screenshots where you can see my attack and also the exact time I took it on the mini-map.

Before the patch :

pXqhjjo.jpg

After the patch :

3RggYLD.jpg

Note that the white parts are here to hide the other players to not break the forum rules.

#48 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:53 AM

It's working now. It was because I downloaded the not-bugged client Popcorn provided on the forum but forgot to patch the game and launched the game via the client directly. Now everything is fine !

Sorry for double posting but editing my previous post isn't working, same as starting a new topic in the Dragon Saga Community Chat section. Any idea of why ?

#49 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:20 AM

I can log in again^^

#50 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members