• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 6977170718142910967

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:46 AM

Hey Guys, 

It's been a while since I was playing Ragnarok. With the renewable stat tables I'm super lost. It looks like Trap / Agi / or Blitz are the main builds. Is Trap build signifiantly overopwered as people say or should I look towards at blitz or agi build? Any tips would rock.

Thanks homies.

#2 DFreak423

DFreak423

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:09 AM

https://forums.warpp...trapper-videos/

#3 7419140518024105410

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:30 AM

My question would be, what's your hunter going to be for once it hits 99?

#4 6977170718142910967

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:07 AM

My question would be, what's your hunter going to be for once it hits 99?

That's kinda my point of this post, to help me narrow down what spec I want come lvl99. I'm mainly just looking to confirm what spec's are actually viable for WoE,pvp

#5 7419140518024105410

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:15 AM

There are plenty of factors to consider. If you go PVP/WOE both trapper and DS hunter are viable. My opinion though, is a combination of DS skills and trapping skills would be the most optimal since you don't need to go max dex for the damage as most damage can be compensated by items. Also, you do not need to go full blown int as the trap damage has been greatly improved. It is up to you how you would want your stats spread out, but for sure, the skill points can cover for all the skills needed for this type of hybrid build.

#6 FreakyDante

FreakyDante

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:40 PM

I'd say ... if you're good at many things you master nothing.

Pick your poison.

You can be a trapper, annihilate MvPs like it's nothing, trap the castle and laugh at peeps dying from single mine etc.

You could be falcon zoophile, auto-attack, crit, let your bird do the job, while you kick back, have a drink, and laugh about how they cant even get close to you coz of hitlock.

Regardless, you will spend tons of zenny of arrows or traps. 

Figure out what will be more fun for you i guess

don't try to be good at everything, be "the best" at something 

#7 7419140518024105410

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:24 PM

@FreakyDante

Be the best hunter. Being the best hunter means you are flexible and can adapt to any situation. If you were a pure trapper with hella low aspd and you come up against a DS hunter with good amount of vitality and 180 aspd, what do you do? If you are a blitzer and a crit assassin creeps up on you, you are toast.

I am a PvP player so the examples I give are PvP situations. Again, being a hunter means you are flexible and you can adapt to any situation.

#8 6977170718142910967

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:32 PM

@FreakyDante

Be the best hunter. Being the best hunter means you are flexible and can adapt to any situation. If you were a pure trapper with hella low aspd and you come up against a DS hunter with good amount of vitality and 180 aspd, what do you do? If you are a blitzer and a crit assassin creeps up on you, you are toast.

I am a PvP player so the examples I give are PvP situations. Again, being a hunter means you are flexible and you can adapt to any situation.

Thanks for all this info guys! 

What is the difference in the builds for DS and Falcon, people seem to use the term interchangeably but I want to make sure I don't mess up my spec. I think DS is for me so pure agi/dex I just don't know the skill path.

Edited by 6977170718142910967, 04 August 2017 - 04:33 PM.

#9 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Server:iRO Thor

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:08 PM

Here are the cons:

Trapper:
-High damage 2hko-ers but needs a very optimal lag free environment. Sudden lag=dead
-when monster reaches/spawns under you, no flee to fall back on
-maps with some ranged monsters are a no no
-more expensive. 1 trap = 30 element arrows in cost. Agi dex hunters, even with the use of 1 trap for snare, will save more than a 2 trap kill trapper.

Dex agi:
-no true weakness other than getting mobbed(proper use of traps can easily prevent this) or very high hit ranged monsters. Not as fast at killing as trapper but definitely most cost effective. What would you consider their weakness is?

Blitzer:
-weak early game even after becoming a hunter. Job 31+ is really when they start to pick up pace.
-using element arrows isnt as effective.
-relies too much on falcon. Epic when 3 of 3 blitzes come out, annoying when 10+ shots and falcon still flappin on top of head.
-and lastly, terrible at pvp/woe. Hitlock players maybe? But thats pretty much all they can do.

Pick your weakness. Overall the trapper is definitely the best. Insane damage from the class still easily trumps dex types in speed killing. But lag, sadly is a giant achilles heel for this set. Sadly agi luk is the weakest set. They come close to dex types late game, but still underperforms. They become pretty useless end game, since they are not a decent woe/pvp set.

Edited by mlmf, 04 August 2017 - 05:31 PM.

#10 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:57 PM

@FreakyDante

Imo the most flexible build is the DS hunter. You can still utilize most traps for their status effects and follow it up with DS. In the older RO I used to do stuff like ankle snare, land mind stack(with arrow shower stacking), skid trap, and arrow shower the skid trap to knock the trapped opponent by ankle snare into a 5x stacked land mine. Even with low INT, this will blow them up instantly most of the time. If not, DS the rest of the HP away. Skid traps are mostly convenience, they can force an enemy into a series of other traps once you're proficient at using it.

Alternatively if they weren't wearing unfrozen, I would equip wind arrows and drop an ice trap or two. If they fail to walk into it, I'd walk off screen and DS them from afar while planting ankle snares outside of their view, once trapped, I arrow shower the ice trap into them. Planting more ice traps all around the frozen enemy and DS them in oblivion with wind arrow along with knocking the ice traps around into them with arrow shower.

Then for people that I knew for sure wasn't wearing sleep resist(nightmare card) and was on top of my hunter such as a cloaking Assassin that walked up to me and attacked, I'd place a sleeper trap in the opposite end while equipped with nightmare card, dagger+shield until I either can walk into my own trap which will produce an AoE sleep and will only sleep the enemy or if I can tank without dagger+shield, I'd arrow shower the trap into myself and sleeping the Assassin while I walk off free and planting traps all around them. This can work with any melee characters really.

There are plenty of other tricks but these are the few I can think of off the top of my head atm. Only the Agi/Dex Hunter can do this effectively, they have quite the utility even for prepared opponents. By doing these things effectively, you can even kill someone who's constantly hiding under the Pneuma skill from Acolyte/Priest classes.

Edited by Quoc, 08 August 2017 - 05:41 PM.

#11 7419140518024105410

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:53 AM

I agree with everything that you said. I do not mean to bash the new hunter pilots but most of them need to unveil the tricks that hunters have in order to be able to fully play the class right.

Imo the most flexible build is the DS hunter. You can still utilize most traps for their status effects and follow it up with DS. In the older RO I used to do stuff like ankle snare, land mind stack(with arrow shower stacking), skid trap, and arrow shower the skid trap to knock the trapped opponent by ankle snare into a 5x stacked land mine. Even with low INT, this will blow them up instantly most of the time. If not, DS the rest of the HP away. Skid traps are mostly convenience, they can force an enemy into a series of other traps once you're proficient at using it.

Alternatively if they weren't wearing unfrozen, I would equip wind arrows and drop an ice trap or two. If they fail to walk into it, I'd walk off screen and DS them from afar while planting ankle snares outside of their view, once trapped, I arrow shower the ice trap into them. Planting more ice traps all around the frozen enemy and DS them in oblivion with wind arrow along with knocking the ice traps around into them with arrow shower.

Then for people that I knew for sure wasn't wearing sleep resist(nightmare card) and was on top of my hunter such as a cloaking Assassin that walked up to me and attacked, I'd place a sleeper trap in the opposite end while equipped with nightmare card, dagger+shield until I either can walk into my own trap which will produce an AoE sleep and will only sleep the enemy or if I can tank without dagger+shield, I'd arrow shower the trap into myself and sleeping the Assassin while I walk off free and planting traps all around them. This can work with any melee characters really.

There are plenty of other tricks but these are the few I can think of off the top of my head atm. Only the Agi/Dex Hunter can do this effectively, they have quite the utility even for prepared opponents. By doing these things effectively, you can even kill someone who's constantly hiding under the Pneuma skill from Acolyte/Priest classes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users