Ragial shouldn't be an exception. - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ragial shouldn't be an exception.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#1 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:19 PM

I don't think Ragial should be an exception to the rules. It's still botting.

Here is my problem with Ragial. It's extremely easy for people to manipulate and raise the price of items.

Don't get me wrong I love just being able to search items, but people only vend for whatever the average price is on ragial. So if I farm moonlight flower I can use merchants to raise the price of spectral spears from 1.4mil to 3mil for example.

#2 ShekelShark

ShekelShark

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationOutside Your Window
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Trans

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:31 PM

Here is my problem with Ragial. It's extremely easy for people to manipulate and raise the price of items.

Don't get me wrong I love just being able to search items, but people only vend for whatever the average price is on ragial. So if I farm moonlight flower I can use merchants to raise the price of spectral spears from 1.4mil to 3mil for example.

all it does is walks around, it does not farm any exp or money for its own gain, some one who ever it is, is going out of their way to provide a free service.

i see nothing wrong with it, ( i see it as a way of life upgrade) and the prices on ragial are not set in stone, Ragnarok has and all ways will have a free open market.

animals-prank-prankster-practical_joke-j

#3 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:32 PM

That feel when bots monitor ragial to snipe all the low prices leading to them nerfing it. 

#4 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:33 PM

When an anti-bot system is put up even Ragial will be blocked since it uses the same technology, so it doesn't matter I guess...

#5 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:39 PM

all it does is walks around, it does not farm any exp or money for its own gain, some one who ever it is, is going out of their way to provide a free service.

i see nothing wrong with it, ( i see it as a way of life upgrade) and the prices on ragial are not set in stone, Ragnarok has and all ways will have a free open market.

The rules are the rules. There shouldn't be exceptions. Vending merchants that bot are pretty harmless too, but they're banned all the same. As they should be.

When an anti-bot system is put up even Ragial will be blocked since it uses the same technology, so it doesn't matter I guess...

I'll eat my hat if the anti-bot system comes and actually works.

#6 reiko57

reiko57

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:40 PM

I think ragial is good for the server
Without it there will still be people botting to do the same as ragial but with the difference that they will use it for their own benefit. With a public system there is an even field for everyone.

About the prices manipulation, each one chose if a certain item is worth the amount of zeny they're paying. If overpriced items doesn't sell they will eventually go down in price. 

#7 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:44 PM

Please look in Ragnarok Renewal chat to see further discussion on this subject.

There's no need to bring this up again. It has already been discussed. It allows to exist because Campitor simply allows it because he trusts the person running it. If the relationship was to ever change, he will reprimand the person. But it's been around for 8 years. So I don't believe that relationship will change.

#8 Allori

Allori

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationPlains of Arunafeltz
  • Server:Poring

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:46 PM

There is a official (better) tool for shopping, we don't need ragial.

http://browiki.org/w...álogo_de_Vendas

#9 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:46 PM

I'll eat my hat if the anti-bot system comes and actually works.

Will you stream it?

#10 wpUSK

wpUSK

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:48 PM

The problem is ragial uses the same bot and plugin as all the others, and it should be trivial for gms to hook into the database on their own end in real time or even use their own modified bot rather than let a player host it.

#11 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:51 PM

Please look in Ragnarok Renewal chat to see further discussion on this subject.

There's no need to bring this up again. It has already been discussed. It allows to exist because Campitor simply allows it because he trusts the person running it. If the relationship was to ever change, he will reprimand the person. But it's been around for 8 years. So I don't believe that relationship will change.

I don't play Renewal. This is about re:start.

Rules are meant to be followed by all. There should not be special treatment for any player even if it's for selfless reasons.

Great, I'm all for official solutions. 

Will you stream it?

You'd be the only viewer. 

#12 Sairek

Sairek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/SairekCeareste
  • LocationCanad(i)a
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:53 PM

The way I see it, as long as it exists and the usage of it is okay by the staff, may as well use it.

If anti bot measures come, succeeds and it goes, tough luck. But as long as it's not hurting the player-base and the game, there's no need for the staff to use resources and actively go after it.

#13 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:57 PM

Rules are meant to be followed by all. There should not be special treatment for any player even if it's for selfless reasons.

Unfortunately, rules are always broken, and sometimes GMs let people get away with it.

The real thing to care about is who's in charge. You can believe whatever you want with the rules, but it's the GMs who are in charge of enforcing it. And if a GM refuses to enforce something, welps, that's all you can do. Don't harass a user because of it.

#14 ShekelShark

ShekelShark

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:01 PM

from Lord Heimdallr
We communicated with Ragial regarding their methods of data gathering and gave specific approval so they could offer the service to iRO as a fansite. 

https://forums.warpp...alcom/?p=390007
Spoiler

Edited by VModCinnamon, 04 August 2017 - 09:33 PM.
Spoilers ate the shark, please be considerate with the image size next time.

#15 Ardelle

Ardelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNiflheim

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:05 PM

Ragial was a solution to iroSnipah, which existed for years before Ragial and was NOT endorsed by the GMs. Even if Ragial were to go down with the antibot, someone would find another way to host a similar service, official or not. Perhaps in even more insidious ways than just bots.

I think the GMs would rather have a service run by someone they know and can track than some random person who might be exploiting it.

#16 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:05 PM

I'm aware that it's allowed, Mr Shark. That's not the argument.

My argument is that there shouldn't be special treatment. Botting is botting. Harmless you say? It still influences the market so it's not completely benign. 

#17 wpUSK

wpUSK

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:09 PM

The way I see it, as long as it exists and the usage of it is okay by the staff, may as well use it.

If anti bot measures come, succeeds and it goes, tough luck. But as long as it's not hurting the player-base and the game, there's no need for the staff to use resources and actively go after it.

That's a slippery and very hypocritical slope!

The staff can just hook the database after they learn to code.

#18 ShekelShark

ShekelShark

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:11 PM

I'm aware that it's allowed, Mr Shark. That's not the argument.

My argument is that there shouldn't be special treatment. Botting is botting. Harmless you say? It still influences the market so it's not completely benign. 

when lord Heimdallr makes a decree it is a done deal. /Thread

images.jpg

#19 HKHKHK

HKHKHK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:40 PM

incoming in 3k17

#20 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:19 PM

Since you don't think Ragial should exist and all, I have an evil druid card I'll sell ya for the LOW LOW price of just 50 mil!

#21 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:01 PM

At end is the same thing dont you think?

look at you own post

That fact dont change even if you change Ragial for that oficial item "Window Shopper Catalogs" since is a free item, (the kafra one is to buy the item directly but work the same way show you the items and prices). So there is no point to talk about it, will be sad is they remove ragial, but when Eden group coming to the server will be the same.

#22 manoelsilva6666

manoelsilva6666

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:15 PM

damn I didn't know of it, it is awesome

#23 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:23 PM

All drugs should be banned, even the ones that save lives because they are illegal.

This has been beaten into the ground way too many times and nothing will change. Ragial is something anyone can use, don't like it, don't use it.
WP approves of it and that's that.

#24 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:35 PM

i don't like how ragial shows price history

it would be better if it just showed what's currently vending 

Edited by senpa1, 04 August 2017 - 05:36 PM.

#25 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:01 PM

Since many people want to fee the nostalgia ... lets not use ragial. I think ragial didnt exist back in 2003 lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users