Ragial shouldn't be an exception. - Page 3 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ragial shouldn't be an exception.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#51 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:57 AM

Can you imagine how it was back in the early day? This old timer dont want that kind of experience...it was very stressful experience for us

#52 manoelsilva6666

manoelsilva6666

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:33 AM

I never see anything in Ragial with large price difference...

I think maybe instead of only reporting the prices, they are first buying the cheap stuff...

#53 wpUSK

wpUSK

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:47 AM

I am not going to lie. If they took away ragial, I would be one of the people "that they will use it for their own benefit." Although, I would not use a bot. I would just walk around manually every time that I wanted to check the market and then look at my data table that nicely sorts everything like ragials cheap section did. You think I would check every shop haha. You have to be kidding me. Nobody wants to do that.

Sounds like taqiyya.

#54 wpUSK

wpUSK

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:48 AM

It is not that it makes life easier and that we are willing to defend the ragial bot. Do you want 100+ user bots roaming the market 24/7. On top of that they would not be sharing any of the information their bots obtained. I think we have enough bots all ready.

They already do that, as stated ragial uses a publicly available plugin...that can autobuy

The server should be analyzing rapid shop data acquisition to ban such autobuyers, and ragial itself.

Edited by wpUSK, 05 August 2017 - 05:49 AM.

#55 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:56 AM

They already do that, as stated ragial uses a publicly available plugin...that can autobuy

The server should be analyzing rapid shop data acquisition to ban such autobuyers, and ragial itself.

Ragial does not use a publicly available plugin. Also it is unlikely that the bots are buying anything with their combined 694 zeny.

#56 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:09 AM

rapid shop data acquisition.

Well, that sounds like a legal quality of life edit to me. Obtaining information the game all ready provides you.

So renouille, what section 9 member are we supporting when we donate to ragial? I have some cash that I could live without.

Edited by mattxor, 05 August 2017 - 06:25 AM.

#57 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:42 AM

The donation page was removed several months ago, but any donations would have gone to Dish, who has never been a section 9 member.

#58 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:09 AM

As we have seen in this thread producers stretching back nearly a decade have authorized this website for the community. To be clear, Ragial is not an exception to the rule against unauthorized use of third party programs because it is an authorized use of third party program. It has been a part of the community for as long as I remember and there are no plans to change that.

Ragial does not give its operators a market advantage because they do not engage in that activity. The GM team checks up on the Ragial data gathers just as they audit all staff and volunteer accounts. To make sure nothing is going wrong.

This thread has served its purpose and is now closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users