Ragial shouldn't be an exception. - Page 2 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ragial shouldn't be an exception.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#26 DFreak423

DFreak423

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:05 PM

Since many people want to fee the nostalgia ... lets not use ragial. I think ragial didnt exist back in 2003 lol

Neither did renewal mechanics or f2p

#27 AlexBaker

AlexBaker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:17 PM

make sure to use CRT monitor and poor internet connection as well

#28 Poekie98

Poekie98

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:17 PM

The fact that it's allowed by the GMs is not the point of discussion.

If you look into it honestly the OP has a point. It is a bot that does influence the game tremendously.

You can discuss if this influence is bad or good, but that's also not the point.

#29 Blueness

Blueness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:30 PM

Before Ragial opened up, one of the most common questions/topics brought up in every RO discord I'm in was "where's ragial" "when's ragial" "is there ragial" etc.

The majority seems to like it just fine.

#30 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10857 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:04 PM

Neither did renewal mechanics or f2p

Yo, then this server should add more P2W items. After all, people are not playing Odin for nostalgia :P

#31 DexRain

DexRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationProbably stuck at work lurking the forums
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Classic

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:30 PM

make sure to use CRT monitor and poor internet connection as well

Off Topic-

If my current graphics card still had native analog support I'd totally be running my trio of 21" 2048x1536 @hz, NEC Multisync Diamondtron CRT's as I have yet to find a flat panel with comparable color depth, resolution, and response time for under $1000.

I really miss those 80 lb behemoths~ 

I'll keep my 780MBps internet though <.<

On Topic-

Somebody, somewhere, has been complaining about Ragial, and before that Snipah, since the dawn of those particular websites, Ragial, at the very least, has been green-lit by the GM team and removing it, imo, would do a lot more harm than good for the community at large

Edited by DexRain, 04 August 2017 - 07:31 PM.

#32 8395170719204442867

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:45 PM

I love Ragial. I think it's a wonderful service. It does deserve to be banned though, sadly. It's a bot. There's no getting around that.

#33 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:46 PM

I actually enjoy having no ragial the first few weeks because I got to play w/ the market.  Buy dirt cheap items and resell.  But when I got richer, It gets old and don't have time to do it anymore.

#34 aikokun

aikokun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:02 PM

Ragial is one of the best things to ever happen to Ragnarok Online. Spending hours looking through all of the shops for a particular item you need or hoping someone has one on the forums is really awful. 

#35 Blueness

Blueness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:07 PM

If Ragial couldn't use bots, it would just use players, just like the market site on jRO.

Infact I think players would be more fanatical than the bot in gathering updates.

Edited by Blueness, 04 August 2017 - 08:08 PM.

#36 nikkosaurus

nikkosaurus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:14 PM

I don't think Ragial should be an exception to the rules. It's still botting.

Here is my problem with Ragial. It's extremely easy for people to manipulate and raise the price of items.

Don't get me wrong I love just being able to search items, but people only vend for whatever the average price is on ragial. So if I farm moonlight flower I can use merchants to raise the price of spectral spears from 1.4mil to 3mil for example.

turn around kid and walk away.

#37 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:58 PM

I think ragial is good for the server
Without it there will still be people botting to do the same as ragial but with the difference that they will use it for their own benefit. With a public system there is an even field for everyone.

About the prices manipulation, each one chose if a certain item is worth the amount of zeny they're paying. If overpriced items doesn't sell they will eventually go down in price. 

You know exactly what would happen. That is why we should keep ragial.

#38 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:36 AM

I like it so it should be an exception to the rules.

That's the logic in this thread.

It's pretty amazing how many of you supposedly hate botting, but are so quick to defend ragial because it makes your life easier.

Edited by Esux, 05 August 2017 - 12:38 AM.

#39 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:41 AM

It is not that it makes life easier and that we are willing to defend the ragial bot. Do you want 100+ user bots roaming the market 24/7. On top of that they would not be sharing any of the information their bots obtained. I think we have enough bots all ready.

#40 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:42 AM

The difference is that botting only benefits the person doing it, whereas Ragial is something available to everyone.

Yes, a bot is used to get the data; but that's the only thing tying Ragial to what we call "botting".

#41 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:00 AM

I am not going to lie. If they took away ragial, I would be one of the people "that they will use it for their own benefit." Although, I would not use a bot. I would just walk around manually every time that I wanted to check the market and then look at my data table that nicely sorts everything like ragials cheap section did. You think I would check every shop haha. You have to be kidding me. Nobody wants to do that.

#42 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:06 AM

Then why are you not trying to get an official solution like bRO?

#43 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:09 AM

Because we all ready have one that is approved? why reinvent the wheel?

#44 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:12 AM

Because we all ready have one that is approved? why reinvent the wheel?

You have one that's using a third party program run by someone who is not a member of staff. He could be using the data to snatch items that are low or mistyped for all we know. 

There is an official solution that removes any shadow of doubt. Not sure why this isn't something that could be discussed with kRO along with the autovend feature.

#45 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:16 AM

Oh, I do agree with you there I don't trust anyone but who is to say there are not others all ready using what ragial took away. If anything, they need to bring back the cheap section because now it gives people a reason to set up their own market snipers. These don't just see whats cheap they buy too.

Edited by mattxor, 05 August 2017 - 01:27 AM.

#46 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:30 AM

Oh I do agree with you there I don't trust anyone but who is to say there are not others all ready using what ragial took away. If anything they need to bring back the cheap section because now it give people a reason to set up their on market snipers. These don't just see whats cheap they buy too.

Oh there is others for sure. It's basically a feature of that plugin. Which reminds me. If the antibiot we were promised works it will block all bots. Isn't that reason enough to look at alternative solutions?

#47 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:44 AM

LOL it has been stated before that no anti bot system can block bots. As a bot creator myself, I can assure you this.

Edited by mattxor, 05 August 2017 - 01:45 AM.

#48 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:07 AM

LOL it has been stated before that no anti bot system can block bots. As a bot creator myself, I can assure you this.

Hey it's their claim, not mines.

#49 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:13 AM

Yes and the reason they claim this is to give their users hope. I don't blame them one bit. If there is no hope, it is a lose in profit.

Edited by mattxor, 05 August 2017 - 02:47 AM.

#50 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:54 AM

You probaly would like to enjoy the experience of Hour and hour of Window shopping with a pencil and a piece of paper to scribble the price and typing /where  to jot down the cordinate of shop to compare price and when you decide Merchant A @cordinate are the best price... And you go facepalm on your keyboard when The Merchant already offline.XD Plox........

You would also love spaming since it your daily life in Ro. . Not to mention hundreds of people spamming  B>Stuff all over Town for hour and hour....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users