• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 atomicbomb99

atomicbomb99

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:26 AM

Hey guys, I need your advices because I have no idea. I was thinking about a SVD with one-handed spear with this range

Str: 70-90

Agi:1-40

Vit:80-99

Int:1-30

Dex:40-60

Luk:1

I am ignorant about the equip I'd need.Please help me.

#2 ColdHands777

ColdHands777

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:41 AM

As far as equips go, there are a few 'staples' that you might want to consider, such as a Poo Poo hat, Thara frog carded shield and Raydric manteau for starters. The manteau slot can be swapped out for other damage mitigating cards per situation, but that is completely up to you. As far as a weapon goes, I just recently saw a conversation about using different card combinations, and one of the combos dished out more DPS, but I can't remember where I saw that convoy on the forums. A Horong card for an accessory slot would be good to reveal hidden players, but not necessary. Perhaps Mantis carded slotted rings are BiS right now, but this needs to be confirmed by someone =P For shoes, matyr card or verit card are usually very good, but there might be other cards for the shoe slot that may be better depending on circumstances, though I cannot think of any off the top of my head.

Currently I cannot elaborate on your stats, but the general direction is correct.

Texted while driving

#3 DFreak423

DFreak423

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:51 AM

For footgear, Antique Firelock is BiS if the footgear is +9. Otherwise it's mostly preference, I prefer verit myself, but that becase I tend to favor universal gear that most, if not all of my characters can use.

#4 DFreak423

DFreak423

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:58 AM

For the weapon, your best options right now are Gungnir[2] (good f-ing luck with that one), +10Pike[4] with very select cards, or Pole Axe[1].

Edited by DFreak423, 07 August 2017 - 11:59 AM.

#5 atomicbomb99

atomicbomb99

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:43 PM

thanks guys!

#6 Ignasia

Ignasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:09 PM

You should learn how to change equipment, and use Battlemode.  Often best to use a row of keys for your favourite equipment switches, and memorize which key groups you like to use for weapon, shield, and armour.  Same goes for WoE.

You'll always want at least two weapons, a status effect weapon, and a damage weapon.

A solid baseline pike -> magnolia x2 , savage babe x2 is a solid weapon, because curse is a nightmare in PvP with all the craziness, and even the best players can forget to hit their green pot until it's too late...even better if you can stun them.

Whatever you want for your main weapon, but pikes kind of suck.  Sadly until you can get a Pole Axe [1] or a Gungnir [2], it's your only option.  I recommend trying to get one to +12, not +10.  I'm quite serious, though +10 is ok.  In this case, I wouldn't recommend traditional routes.  You'll get more damage with 2x Zipper Bear + 2x Hydra, or 3x Zipper Bear + 1x Hydra.

Another option is to go for a Pike +10 or 12 with 2x Zipper Bear cards and 2x Magnolia or Savage Bebe

Tactics?

Magnum Break -> Unhide crafty sins and later rogues.  Also useful to follow up with a Brandish, then if you only have one on you, proceed to 1v1 tactics

Spear Stab -> Mitigation and control

Brandish -> Best overall damage if anyone gets close, or if you're mobbed, don't stand and spam it, use it and run away to get a more favourable position.

Pierce -> Each hit has a chance to trigger status effects, but if you're reasonably fast, with a 168+ aspd, you can split between Spear Stab and Pierce, maybe 1x Stab to 2x Pierce.

Spear Boomerang -> Mage and Archer based classes, or Bow Rogues (thankfully we won't have to deal with those yet), best with status effects, then close in on them.  Later on when we get Charge Attack, that's more effective versus Wizards just starting their cast or before they cast.  Otherwise, Spear Boom, then Charge Attack, then 1v1 tactics.

---

Later on when 2nd job Platinum skills are in, you'll want to use Stab + Charge Attack + Pierce x2 + Stab + Charge Attack + Pierce x2, or figure out what works for you...I've seen loads of different approaches.

---

Bash spams also work, especially on Sins and Priests.  Savage Bebe will stack with Fatal Blow for a higher stun chance, and Bash will carry your Curse property if you want to go with that tactic first.

Luckily Priests are MUCH easier to kill in Renewal.

Monks will be a pain when they're in.  So good luck surviving Asura.  Best tactic is to time Spear Stab or Brandish just right as they're about to cast on you.  Otherwise, stay away and use Boom.

Edited by Ignasia, 07 August 2017 - 02:49 PM.

#7 atomicbomb99

atomicbomb99

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:22 PM

You should learn how to change equipment, and use Battlemode.  Often best to use a row of keys for your favourite equipment switches, and memorize which key groups you like to use for weapon, shield, and armour.  Same goes for WoE.

You'll always want at least two weapons, a status effect weapon, and a damage weapon.

A solid baseline pike -> magnolia x2 , savage babe x2 is a solid weapon, because curse is a nightmare in PvP with all the craziness, and even the best players can forget to hit their green pot until it's too late...even better if you can stun them.

Whatever you want for your main weapon, but pikes kind of suck.  Sadly until you can get a Pole Axe [1] or a Gungnir [2], it's your only option.  I recommend trying to get one to +12, not +10.  I'm quite serious, though +10 is ok.  In this case, I wouldn't recommend traditional routes.  You'll get more damage with 2x Zipper Bear + 2x Hydra, or 3x Zipper Bear + 1x Hydra.

Another option is to go for a Pike +10 or 12 with 2x Zipper Bear cards and 2x Magnolia or Savage Bebe

Tactics?

Magnum Break -> Unhide crafty sins and later rogues.  Also useful to follow up with a Brandish, then if you only have one on you, proceed to 1v1 tactics

Spear Stab -> Mitigation and control

Brandish -> Best overall damage if anyone gets close, or if you're mobbed, don't stand and spam it, use it and run away to get a more favourable position.

Pierce -> Each hit has a chance to trigger status effects, but if you're reasonably fast, with a 168+ aspd, you can split between Spear Stab and Pierce, maybe 1x Stab to 2x Pierce.

Spear Boomerang -> Mage and Archer based classes, or Bow Rogues (thankfully we won't have to deal with those yet), best with status effects, then close in on them.  Later on when we get Charge Attack, that's more effective versus Wizards just starting their cast or before they cast.  Otherwise, Spear Boom, then Charge Attack, then 1v1 tactics.

---

Later on when 2nd job Platinum skills are in, you'll want to use Stab + Charge Attack + Pierce x2 + Stab + Charge Attack + Pierce x2, or figure out what works for you...I've seen loads of different approaches.

---

Bash spams also work, especially on Sins and Priests.  Savage Bebe will stack with Fatal Blow for a higher stun chance, and Bash will carry your Curse property if you want to go with that tactic first.

Luckily Priests are MUCH easier to kill in Renewal.

Monks will be a pain when they're in.  So good luck surviving Asura.  Best tactic is to time Spear Stab or Brandish just right as they're about to cast on you.  Otherwise, stay away and use Boom.

Thank you again! Btw farming a competitive equip should be not so easy <.<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users