ReShade & ROSE: An 'Evolution' in Quality - Creative Contraptions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

ReShade & ROSE: An 'Evolution' in Quality

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:32 PM

Hi, want better GFX in ROSE? Want GodRay effects? Bloom? Saturation and Curve Control? Just want the game to be more awesome looking? 

Pcvweot.png

Then follow the instructions below, to implement ReShade's Advanced PPS to ROSE

NOTE: Only do this to a copy of your ROSE client.  This is an introduction to implementation, a guide in the future on the settings may happen, but for now, it'll be up to you to find the optimal settings you prefer.

Suggestions: Do not do this on a potato PC. Post Processing can be a CPU and GFX whale of a thing. It also has a habit of reloading the plug-ins if you change the window's resolution, and will load twice. Once while booting the client, and again once you've logged in. Periodic reloading may occur, as I haven't figured out a way to prevent it.

Instructions:

1. Download the installer package from HEREhttps://reshade.me

Once you've finished the download, launch the installer.

pphxpv5.png

You'll then be prompted with the install screen. Click 'Select Game'

VNMszWW.png

Navigate to the root folder of the ROSE installation you wish to have ReShade applied to.
Select 'ROSEonline' and Click 'Open'
Y1RYe6F.png

Select Direct 3D 9

Finish the installation.

[It will ask if you want to download the plug-ins, tell it Yes and make sure all plug-ins are enabled for now]

Launch ROSE and let the booter load up the plug-ins.

Opening the GUI.

By default the ReShade UI is set to open with F2 or Ctrl+F2.

Let's change that to something that's NOT a ROSE Hotbar button.

Open the GUI [F2 or Ctrl+F2]

Click through the 'Tutorial' [Highlighted by red indicators. You may read along or skip it for now]

Click on 'Settings' and you'll see this screen.

kG7TNwK.jpg

In the Overlay Key field, Click the field, and press any key or combination of keys you want to bring up the GUI Menu.

Additionally, I recommend you set up another Hotkey for the 'Effect Toggle Key' field. This will enable you to quickly toggle on/off the Post Processing effect[s]. This will come in handy if you only want ReShade to take higher quality screen shots, but play the game normally.

Options:

In the settings, you can manage the ReShade GUI's interface 'theme'/color pallette, hotkey's, dedicated screenshot folder/destination [Yay :o] and more. Things like active Ping tracking, and FPS.

The 'Statistics' tab will provide you with information on your machine's performance, allowing you to not over-tune your settings, causing artificial FPS loss. 

In the 'Home' tab, is where the magic happens.

This is the Tab with all the pretty, harsh, and sometimes plain weird effects.

This is where I leave it to you to experiment and come up with your own custom filters and effects. If you want, you can also set individual toggle hot-keys for each effect you wish. Allowing for certain effects to remain on/ off, while toggling specific other effects.

Sample Effects I've come up with

Spoiler

Anyway, I hope you enjoy. 

~Feuer

Disclaimer:

I do not own rights, property, am not affiliated with or contracted by ReShade. I simply found this tool while looking for GFX modifications online for another game I play via steam, and managed to find out how to get it in to ROSE. 

Edited by Feuer, 11 August 2017 - 02:43 PM.

#2 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:08 PM

Nice find. Set up with a look I like much better with only 4 effects turned on, also set a shortcut key for Monochrome because that will make for some nice screenshots.

Thanks!

BTW how bad does your computer have to be these days where Rose anything gives it trouble? I got a chuckle out of the Potato comment but still...

Edited by calder12, 11 August 2017 - 10:10 PM.

#3 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:22 PM

I included that because.... I'm not joking ... I've seen screen shots of peoples ROSE client, running in a windows 95 theme.... again not joking. lol. 

Edited by Feuer, 11 August 2017 - 10:22 PM.

#4 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:14 AM

An advanced post of what I did to rose, nice. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users