WoE shouldn't be released with sages, but no monks - Page 2 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

WoE shouldn't be released with sages, but no monks

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#26 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:44 PM

Uh, just would like to remind you guys that if we only have the option of getting ONLY Sage -OR- ONLY monk, sage is the best option otherwise we'll play WoEs with not only immortal knights but immortal mental strength monks. 

If there's an option to release both at the same time though, it's the best scenario.

#27 hungrymuch

hungrymuch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:05 PM

WP has learnt from Renewal Chaos WoE that most people don't like getting one shot (but they don't use reductions). Here on Odin, they try their best to make players happy. Monk does one shot players and no one appreciates that. Although I barely get one shot but I support WP's wise decision.

A efficient method to kill Knights is not a secret. Zerg that -_- with more Knights! There will always be the most unbalanced/broken thing.

Also I'm still your accent fan, Xellies :>

I don't think a monk can 1 shot a top knight with the current release ( gears ) of the game. Then again i could be wrong.. but i'm more than anything willing to bet a top geared knight can tank the best azura strike atm unless a priest does their witch craft on the knight.

Edited by hungrymuch, 16 August 2017 - 07:06 PM.

#28 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:56 PM

monks overkill knights pretty badly if its anything like thai

#29 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:48 PM

I don't think a monk can 1 shot a top knight with the current release ( gears ) of the game. Then again i could be wrong.. but i'm more than anything willing to bet a top geared knight can tank the best azura strike atm unless a priest does their witch craft on the knight.

Look at the calculator. It's not hard to kill knights. Monks don't even need dex here so they can get tons of int.

#30 Jolen

Jolen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • Server:iRO

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:00 PM

Bard / Dancer should be the first ones out. Releasing Sage by itself is just simply retarded.

#31 Jolen

Jolen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:00 PM

Bard / Dancer should be the first ones out. Releasing Sage by itself is just simply retarded.

#32 DarthaNyan

DarthaNyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:18 PM

Bard / Dancer should be the first ones out.

Not only should they be one of the first, they should also be released together and not separated for months.

#33 Jolen

Jolen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:26 PM

Yup not only is it the best option for WoE atm but outside of WoE too

Edited by Jolen, 16 August 2017 - 10:28 PM.

#34 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:28 PM

Nah I'm quite happy with Dancer being released last.

Scream is quite cancerous.

#35 Jolen

Jolen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:35 PM

It shouldn't be since most if not all classes are going to have VIT

#36 firedrop555

firedrop555

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:33 PM

WoE shouldn't be released period. a solution to the botting problem should be found, and then a wipe or new server should happen. Doesn't sound very fun to play against a bunch of people that botted hundreds of millions of zeny in WoE.

#37 Dythe

Dythe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationNY
  • Server:Odin from the Chaos.

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:05 AM

Not only should they be one of the first, they should also be released together and not separated for months.

Wholeheartedly agree. I'll be really annoyed if they aren't released together. I'd like to know the reasoning behind that. Wonder if it's just something against ensembles? Dancer is one of my favorite classes.

I do think that monks should be added right away.

Lastly and most importantly, class distribution should not be catered based on botters, but rather people who are still trying to enjoy the game. No rogue hate please~ (Besides, a rogue bot is a lot more obvious than these bot parties we have going right now.)

#38 Jolen

Jolen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:10 AM

WoE shouldn't be released period

There are plenty of people/guilds who play for WoE and I guarantee if you take that away then be ready to see how quick this server fades out. I am not defending the botters at all but even if there are guilds who botted themselves up its not like there is some kind of super advantage. Its only non-trans and leveling is easy. Gears are not hard to obtain and you basically have free woe potions. Worst case scenario is you just take a little longer to get ready. There are no mvp/gods so there is in no way a gap that cannot be closed. Only a weak guild would use that as an excuse to not compete.

Edited by Jolen, 17 August 2017 - 12:16 AM.

#39 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:41 AM

Gears are irrelevant for the most part. Overupgraded stuff doesn't mean nearly as much. As long as you have the basic things like raydric, thara, marc etc you're going to do just fine.

#40 hungrymuch

hungrymuch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:24 AM

Look at the calculator. It's not hard to kill knights. Monks don't even need dex here so they can get tons of int.

I believe it has cast time so dex helps the cast time and even with all the int again.. i cannot 1 shot a knight. I don't see it on a calculator that a Monk in Woe will 1 shot a knight. There is no gear that would make it so in our server atm. Ofcourse the monk can 1 shot other classes but the knight can 3 spam bowling bash and kill other classes too and the knight can keep spamming bowling bash non-stop and kill groups while monk has to focus on 1 and has to pot back and set up the azure strike again. You can basically play a knight with your toes while watching a movie atm. Monks will at least have the player focus on the game.

Edited by hungrymuch, 17 August 2017 - 06:24 AM.

#41 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:35 AM

Sorry, but you're wrong dude. Adding all reductions, WoE, Immune, Thara, Poo asura still does 20k damage with modest gear. No knight will have that much HP without lutie. With combat knife they could survive without lutie though.

Add dex in the calculator it doesn't change the cast time by a significant enough amount that it's worth sacrificing damage.

#42 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:36 AM

I believe it has cast time so dex helps the cast time and even with all the int again.. i cannot 1 shot a knight. I don't see it on a calculator that a Monk in Woe will 1 shot a knight. There is no gear that would make it so in our server atm. Ofcourse the monk can 1 shot other classes but the knight can 3 spam bowling bash and kill other classes too and the knight can keep spamming bowling bash non-stop and kill groups while monk has to focus on 1 and has to pot back and set up the azure strike again. You can basically play a knight with your toes while watching a movie atm. Monks will at least have the player focus on the game.

maybe ur just a noob 

#43 MistressTIfa

MistressTIfa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:39 AM

??? I was a Monk (not a champ) back on RO 1 shotting Lord Knights in gear.  I have no idea what the heck you are on if you can't kill normal Knights at this point.  

#44 RedBuII

RedBuII

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:15 AM

They should release Sage and Monk together. If it were only Sage being released, literally no one would die. WoE would become a slow slushy chore rather than a fun PvP experience. 

#45 RoaringRabbit

RoaringRabbit

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:20 AM

I don't mind them staggering classes as long as there's a reason for it. I don't get why it's being done. Especially with WoE getting shoved in before 2-2 classes which was not what was outlined to us from the start. Some sort of road map for updates for say.. the next 6 months would be really nice to have. Not just classes, but in general. Granted that creates expectations and if things are pushed back further, it could hurt things.

Still.. I'd like to have a vague time frame to prep. It's likely that I'm not the only one. There's so much going on with RE:start, and it's a bumpy ride so far. I'm planning on sticking around no matter what goes on. But yes. I don't really get the priorities that are being shown. Especially with the bot situation, giving the actual players something to enjoy besides WoE (not all of us do it, not all of us are geared for it yet), would be nice. 

Sedition is probably going to participate, small as our team may be, in WoE. We plan to keep playing and building our corner of the community.. but it'd still be nice to have something more than what we do now. ME is a great skill for breaking through precasts, magic rod and dispel are pretty fun to hassle people with. Monk should be right there with sage, imo, and be released WITH the official WoE release so that there's some more balance to the fighting. 

Just my opinion. Not important. But still. 2-2 classes really mix up the game in a positive way. We need to get them out there too. 

#46 HKHKHK

HKHKHK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:23 AM

getgud-or-get.jpg?w=656

#47 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:24 AM

Uh, just would like to remind you guys that if we only have the option of getting ONLY Sage -OR- ONLY monk, sage is the best option otherwise we'll play WoEs with not only immortal knights but immortal mental strength monks. 

If there's an option to release both at the same time though, it's the best scenario.

I just wanted to point out that mental strengthed monks can't actually do anything. 

#48 DarthaNyan

DarthaNyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:29 AM

I just wanted to point out that mental strengthed monks can't actually do anything. 

they can autoattack break emp because its not about damage but amount of attacks and fists are damn fast.

#49 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:30 AM

If they're the only thing left safety wall is a fine option. 

#50 DFreak423

DFreak423

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:32 AM

Back in the early days before 2-2s, Knights were the real workhorse of woe, and back then their ability to resist damage was even better than now, of course BB was also a lot weaker back then too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users