18 replies to this topic

#1 7419140518024105410

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:05 AM

Fellow hunters, anyone here fancy PVP? We should go play every now and then. Yeah? Please reply with your IGN

#2 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:56 AM

Hunters vs Hunters have the silliest battles lol. If of similar gear, both will just DS each other to death. Trap hunters can't win a DS hunter what so ever so that's out of the question. I mean they can but not because they are good but because the DS hunter is bad.

If you want a good fight, go Hunter vs Knight. Both of them will require a decent amount of strategy to take each other out. The knights for reaching, stunning, and killing the hunter(spear boomerang can only kill less geared hunters). The hunters for setting up proper traps mixed with DS to keep the knight at bay and to take them out before the knight out potions the damage(or completely deplete them of it).

Edited by Quoc, 21 August 2017 - 02:01 AM.

#3 Mexita

Mexita

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:23 AM

this is not true, ds hunters die with 1 blast mine/land mine :P

#4 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 12:00 PM

this is not true, ds hunters die with 1 blast mine/land mine :P

And how do you intend to get a DS hunter that's bad enough to walk into your trap when they can kill you from where they stand? The answer is more than likely you will not be able to.

If you manage to do that... It's not that you're skilled as a hunter. It's that the other hunter is as terrible as it comes. That is a failed hunter and should create another class.

Edited by Quoc, 28 August 2017 - 12:01 PM.

#5 7419140518024105410

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:30 AM

Skid + blast mine. blast mines travel further than regular mines when they get pushed back.

Knight vs hunter fights suck cos knights can't do -_- against hunters.

Edited by 7419140518024105410, 30 August 2017 - 08:31 AM.

#6 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:10 AM

Skid + blast mine. blast mines travel further than regular mines when they get pushed back.

Did you know that other Hunters can destroy your traps? They can do that way before you begin setting up traps for them, not that it matters as any good Hunter will be nearly a map screen away from a Trap Hunter most of the time.

I'm not sure if Knights have charge attack yet on this server but once they do, they can easily use it to catch up and stun the Hunter assuming the Hunter did not properly set up traps for the Knight first. Knights that can't do **** to a Hunter are pretty crappy Knights. Hunters that can't do **** to Knights are crappy Hunters. Spear Boomerang at this point and time actually hurts Hunters quite a bit if it lands. They both have a decently good chance at each other.

Preferred case scenario for a Knight - Stun the Hunter>Bowling Bash dancing. You don't have to dance the BB attack all the time but it'll help against Hunters that shields up right before stun and has some vit.

Preferred case scenario for a Hunter - Place all the correct traps to disable the Knight's ability to heal(with the right traps, you can disable them enough to cut off potion spam) while DSing them down. That or be a Trap Hunter and leave enough traps to blow them up in one go if you can manage to do so.

When more gear/weapons come out, the strategy will change quite a bit.

Edited by Quoc, 30 August 2017 - 09:45 AM.

#7 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Server:iRO Thor

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:00 AM

To the fellow who said trappers vs ds will be an even fight, please keep in mind what the trapper has to even do or think about in a situation battling a ds build. The ds build can easily counter anything the trapper does by just simply moving 2 cells in any direction and resume spamming.

Sure trappers can 1shot, but you have to hit them with it. Hunters have detect and spring trap, so even hidden traps will be not as effective.

#8 3545170805134931257

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:52 PM

As if spring trap didn't exist.

Edited by 3545170805134931257, 31 August 2017 - 01:55 PM.

#9 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:22 PM

Hunters cant do well against knights in woe or pvp except maybe a trapper that knows how to set up ankle snare/freeze trap and push blast mines. If you effectively know how to push a blast mine and freeze trap to the same cell and arrow shower both to a frozen knight then trigger a freeze again then that would be devastating. Though blast mines last 5 sec so you have to be quick.

#10 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:32 PM

Hunters cant do well against knights in woe or pvp except maybe a trapper that knows how to set up ankle snare/freeze trap and push blast mines. If you effectively know how to push a blast mine and freeze trap to the same cell and arrow shower both to a frozen knight then trigger a freeze again then that would be devastating. Though blast mines last 5 sec so you have to be quick.

I don't know about you but I almost always had a very high success rate of taking a knight down with a DS hunter. I still use more traps than most trap hunters during the time I played lol. As a knight as well I took down other hunters pretty effectively.

#11 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:29 PM

I don't know about you but I almost always had a very high success rate of taking a knight down with a DS hunter. I still use more traps than most trap hunters during the time I played lol. As a knight as well I took down other hunters pretty effectively.

Knights need less effort and skill setup to be effective against hunters than the other way around. This becomes even worse when 2-2 platinum skills are released.

Hunters can definitely kill a knight, i didnt say they couldnt, but when facing a knight thet do have a disadvantage. Youre probably mire skilled than the average hunter

#12 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:38 PM

Knights need less effort and skill setup to be effective against hunters than the other way around. This becomes even worse when 2-2 platinum skills are released.

Hunters can definitely kill a knight, i didnt say they couldnt, but when facing a knight thet do have a disadvantage. Youre probably mire skilled than the average hunter

I agree with the Knight having less effort to kill a Hunter than a Hunter to kill a Knight. Though the platinum skill fully released part never truly bothered me.

I'd still say if both the Hunter and Knight are on top of the skill bracket, they have a good chance at each other. Otherwise yes, Hunters lag behind if the skill level are sitting at average on both sides.

Edited by Quoc, 31 August 2017 - 09:40 PM.

#13 Mexita

Mexita

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:02 PM

you haven't seen the trap god then...

#14 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:51 PM

you haven't seen the trap god then...

The one who couldn't kill another DS hunter of the same caliber? Do go on.

#15 Ignasia

Ignasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:23 PM

The one who couldn't kill another DS hunter of the same caliber? Do go on.

Best trap hunters I've seen in PVP setup traps at the edge of a map, lure in DS hunters with other traps, line up with the explosive traps at the wall, then arrow repel the other hunter into it.  Of course if this pattern repeats, it's easy to find the pattern, but you can always learn to trap specific areas ahead of time, knowing people will randomly walk into them, or setup skid + explosive traps in random areas, then walk away, and keep moving around.

Another way to go is to setup a few Ankle Snares, but stay away from them, so other hunters won't be unlocking them with sight.  If they get snared, walk up, set up explosive trap behind them, walk in front, know the timing for the snare, and prepare repel or shower to pushback.  It's not foolproof, but it seems to be effective.

I've never done this myself, only witnessed.

#16 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:07 PM

Best trap hunters I've seen in PVP setup traps at the edge of a map, lure in DS hunters with other traps, line up with the explosive traps at the wall, then arrow repel the other hunter into it. Of course if this pattern repeats, it's easy to find the pattern, but you can always learn to trap specific areas ahead of time, knowing people will randomly walk into them, or setup skid + explosive traps in random areas, then walk away, and keep moving around.

Another way to go is to setup a few Ankle Snares, but stay away from them, so other hunters won't be unlocking them with sight. If they get snared, walk up, set up explosive trap behind them, walk in front, know the timing for the snare, and prepare repel or shower to pushback. It's not foolproof, but it seems to be effective.

I've never done this myself, only witnessed.

That's a one time kill generally. If repeated, it's not that the trap hunter is good... it's that the DS hunter is bad.

Trap Hunter isn't inherently bad, it's just a bad match up against a DS Hunter.

Edited by Quoc, 03 September 2017 - 08:05 AM.

#17 7419140518024105410

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:17 AM

I +1 on DS hunters tho, in a trap vs ds situation.

#18 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:39 AM

I +1 on DS hunters tho, in a trap vs ds situation.

Again, if you can repeatedly kill a DS Hunter with a Trap Hunter more so than they can kill you... It's not that you're a good Trap Hunter(though you could be good Trap Hunter regardless), it's that the DS Hunter is a BAD one.

If a DS Hunter of equal skill level and gear fights you, a Trap Hunter, you will more than likely lose. It has nothing to do with how good/useful a Trap Hunter is, it has everything to do with the big mismatch.

Here's a totally random example but it should make sense. Let's just say you a Trap Hunter have to count to 10. The DS Hunter also has to count to 10. You both will count at the same time. However you the Trap Hunter will have to count starting from 3 and the DS Hunter will have to count starting from 7. Whoever counts to 10 first wins. Is it impossible to win counting from 3 to 10 compared to 7 to 10? No. It highly depends on each individual's abilities. The DS Hunter has a 4 seconds head start already, the only way to win is to majorly outrank them in the activity. If you both count equally as fast(aka equal skill level), the DS Hunter will win.

Edited by Quoc, 03 September 2017 - 10:45 AM.

#19 7419140518024105410

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:01 AM

Again, if you can repeatedly kill a DS Hunter with a Trap Hunter more so than they can kill you... It's not that you're a good Trap Hunter(though you could be good Trap Hunter regardless), it's that the DS Hunter is a BAD one.

If a DS Hunter of equal skill level and gear fights you, a Trap Hunter, you will more than likely lose. It has nothing to do with how good/useful a Trap Hunter is, it has everything to do with the big mismatch.

Here's a totally random example but it should make sense. Let's just say you a Trap Hunter have to count to 10. The DS Hunter also has to count to 10. You both will count at the same time. However you the Trap Hunter will have to count starting from 3 and the DS Hunter will have to count starting from 7. Whoever counts to 10 first wins. Is it impossible to win counting from 3 to 10 compared to 7 to 10? No. It highly depends on each individual's abilities. The DS Hunter has a 4 seconds head start already, the only way to win is to majorly outrank them in the activity. If you both count equally as fast(aka equal skill level), the DS Hunter will win.

I totally get you. When I play trapper, my greatest fear are mobile ds hunters. And as a DS hunter, I just need to make sure I keep moving while constantly hitting the trapper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users