Plz make the Magic Monsters(Naga) on Splendid Field 2 passive(or yield EXP normally) - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Plz make the Magic Monsters(Naga) on Splendid Field 2 passive(or yield EXP normally)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:46 AM

I am trying to do the New World Midgard Camp county board for my RK and Geneticist(lv.105 and lv.110), but the magic monsters on that map(splendid 2) are super annoying. There are two types of such magic monsters, one is the aggressive Naga, the other is the cast-sensor Bradium Golem. The latter is not a problem, but the former is especially frustrating and makes this map a pain to navigate. They have high HP(surprisingly higher than the normal Naga) that needs 3-4 shots of Dragon Breath and Cart Cannon to take down at lower level, and moreover, they dont yield ANY experience upon killed. Its a complete waste of time to attack/kill them, but they are aggressive and move fast so its hard to avoid. All they do to my chars is to waste a few potions or a fly wing if I teleport away.

To get rid of this annoyance, two things can be done:

1. Make the magic monsters(Naga) yield EXP so its actually not a waste of time killing them.

2. Make the magic monsters(Naga) passive or only aggressive to characters below lv.100.

I know they are for the warlock job change quest, so changing them to yield EXP will create an issue for the game(you dont want third classes to compete with the high wizards, the latter have no chance). In this case, is it possible to at least, make them passive? This way I dont have to kill them when caught, so I dont need to 'steal' them from the high wizards on their quests. If they are meant to be aggressive to high wizards, then change it to be aggressive to characters at lower levels, like how the mechanism works for Luciola Vespa. I believe it is not difficult to make the changes, correct me if I am wrong on this. Of course, I dont mind if you decide that these nagas should yield EXP, its a lesser but acceptable alternative.

:p_sleep:

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 18 August 2017 - 06:52 AM.

#2 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:57 AM

Agreed. These fake nagas almost kill a map that would otherwise be great for leveling in early 100s.

#3 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:19 AM

Totally.. I'll be killing Pinguiculas and out pops a Naga and I'm dead!

#4 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:06 AM

Lets remember... iRO mainly publishes content.

#5 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:34 AM

It's been suggested to staff several times and they keep writing it off as a joke. It wouldn't surprise me if the developers actually fixed this issue and it's yet another update iRO didn't bother to ask about. Likely would be like what happened with Report to the New World where the developers already made to allow you to make volumes without failure, but iRO didn't care enough to look into it and get the update for us even though so many people complained about the RNG.

#6 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:36 AM

But we dont want the game to be too easy and actually people want the game to be a bit challenging? o.o

#7 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2744 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:26 PM

well if game to easy...for what we play?

#8 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:14 AM

But we dont want the game to be too easy and actually people want the game to be a bit challenging? o.o

this argument is as dumb as it is old. probably even more dumb even tho its 15 years old.

This game is full of toxic, unneeded, unwanted, unfun stuff that people like you keep on declaring as "making the game challenging". Gargoyles on sting map, ridewords/mimics in clock tower, raydric archers in GH, bleh, there are more maps with -_- like this than without. its not making it challenging, its retarded. If theyd yield similar exp to the mobs you farm on the maps at least, it'd make a LITTLE MORE sense, but it doesnt, its just unwanted crap to piss off the last customers you have, period.

Same for the mob protection, imagine diablo3 implementing a -_-ty mob protection, like, hack & slay games are all about gathering big mob groups and seeing them drop, thats what you waste hundreds of hours of your life for, to get your char on a level where you can do it, but you cant, as RO likes to piss off their customers permanently with any update they implement (or not), they shouldnt wonder why this game is dying.

#9 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:15 AM

If you don't call it challenge then you call it bs or whatever noun or adjective that you deem fit. Your example is not even appropriate comparing it to the OP's concern. They exist because they should be there, to raise difficulty level. Whilst the Nagas are just accessories for a job change quest and to top it they are aggressive and has a ton hp with no exp reward whatsoever.

#10 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:35 AM

game is full of crap that might've made the game "challenging" when we were teenagers with the only responsibility of attending school. Nowadays its just draining off time & momentum and forces a lot of customers to quit the game because they dont see the reason why they should bother with wasting their 3-5hours freetime a day on a game that leaves bugd, annoying, toxic -_- in the game for over a decade just because developers are too reta...lazy to fix it.

Its not the same, I know. I was giving examples. There was no need or reason to put these mobs into this map, theres a lot of maps in new world that noone plays on and that are p useless anyways. They couldve made an instance for warlocks, they couldve adjusted the mobs after a year, because it takes time to realize its a dumb idea to put a random job quest special mob that doesnt fit in a map, not yielding exp and being stronger than the mobs around. A year is a pretty long time, but gravity shows that they dont even bother to fix stuff like this in 5 years and they probably never will.

They told us for years they can't do anything about bots, now look at that, enough people on restart were pissed off and suddenly its possible. not like most of us didnt know already, as even pservers had botprotection over 10 years ago, but if you dont get at least 5000 people to cry with you, gravity, and WP for that matter, wont change -_-, as sad as it is. 

the picture in my head how americans, the mighty world lead0rz, have to ask a korean noname company for their permission to change even the smallest fart in this game makes me smile tho.

#11 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:02 AM

this argument is as dumb as it is old. probably even more dumb even tho its 15 years old.

This game is full of toxic, unneeded, unwanted, unfun stuff that people like you keep on declaring as "making the game challenging". Gargoyles on sting map, ridewords/mimics in clock tower, raydric archers in GH, bleh, there are more maps with -_- like this than without. its not making it challenging, its retarded. If theyd yield similar exp to the mobs you farm on the maps at least, it'd make a LITTLE MORE sense, but it doesnt, its just unwanted crap to piss off the last customers you have, period.

Same for the mob protection, imagine diablo3 implementing a -_-ty mob protection, like, hack & slay games are all about gathering big mob groups and seeing them drop, thats what you waste hundreds of hours of your life for, to get your char on a level where you can do it, but you cant, as RO likes to piss off their customers permanently with any update they implement (or not), they shouldnt wonder why this game is dying.

At least I'm not QQing and being dramatic at everything xD Your stress level is off the chart. Please log out RO and go out more lmfao

Tell me more about it. It's retarded or you're just bad? With all the OP gears we have, I was surprised actually that you still struggle at some normal maps.

And what the -_- is diablo 3?

Edited by ChakriGuard, 19 August 2017 - 07:03 AM.

#12 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:47 AM

If you don't call it challenge then you call it bs or whatever noun or adjective that you deem fit. Your example is not even appropriate comparing it to the OP's concern. They exist because they should be there, to raise difficulty level. Whilst the Nagas are just accessories for a job change quest and to top it they are aggressive and has a ton hp with no exp reward whatsoever.

Yeah you get the point. These Nagas, albeit being aggressive, fast-moving with tons of HP, they dont yield any EXP upon being killed. Its not really that challenging since they dont have offensive skills like the deadly waterball from normal Nagas, but they take a long time to kill, wasting time for nothing at all. I would not have a problem if at least they give normal EXP like the normal Nagas do, but then its not good news for High Wizards doing job change quest. I think they made sure these magic monsters yield no EXP for a reason, but its too much an annoyance for anyone else on the map. This is why making them passive is a better choice, or if they really make them yield normal EXP I wont complain.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 19 August 2017 - 07:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users